AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-27, 18:42   Link #1
MugenIchiban

MPD Psycho

Has anyone read this manga yet?

Here's a description:
"A detective with multiple personalities and a dark past struggles to find out who he is while solving cases and unraveling more threads of his past"

Anyways... i've just read the first chapter and wow. The first chapter is kinda creepy with the dismemberment but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Well... I just read a few more chapters and I gotta say this manga is just out there with the craziness. I sorta don't feel like finishing it anymore since its giving me some sick ideas and I already had enough problems without reading this.

I think i'll give it a few more chapters though because it is an interesting genre.

What are your thoughts on MPD Psycho?

Last edited by MugenIchiban; 2007-01-28 at 02:40.
Old 2007-01-30, 15:10   Link #2
Rurik
Golden

Strange this thread hasn’t been responded…

ohh well, Yes I have seen it.

And Yes it has been the weirdest mind bobbling Manga I have seen so far, but its great, I somewhat stopped the reading, but I’m been looking to pick up the pace again, as I have only 2 Volumes to catch up with it.

And judging by what oyu read, you really haven’t seen nothing yet, this Manga will only get more confusing and weird, and not to mention more graphical than what you have seen so far. Not to mention it’s going to have some of the coolest moment.
Old 2007-01-30, 20:34   Link #3
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
I read the first couple of chapters then stopped. Waiting till June when Dark Horse begins releasing it to start again. From what I read, it seemed to be my kind of story.

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Old 2007-01-30, 23:44   Link #4
MugenIchiban

This manga is definitely confusing with all the different personalities switching around. I'm currently reading chapter 9 and its been great throughout the whole manga.

It's kind of creepy how they could think of such creative ways to kill people, but that is what makes the manga so interesting.

Who is your favorite character?

Mine has to be Shinji Nishizono just because how crazy he is and how he enjoys killing.
Old 2007-01-31, 10:29   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenIchiban View Post
This manga is definitely confusing with all the different personalities switching around. I'm currently reading chapter 9 and its been great throughout the whole manga.
That’s one reason its confusing, but that’s the less confusing part.

Quote:
It's kind of creepy how they could think of such creative ways to kill people, but that is what makes the manga so interesting.
Yes, I got to see a couple of kills that left you with your mouth open, just great!!

Quote:
Who is your favorite character?.
When you catch up with the Manga ill let you know

And if you want a couple of series more that are somewhat are weird (not as weird), violent and have that Psychological topic, You can Pick up Fresia and Anne freaks, two great titles.
Old 2007-02-01, 06:08   Link #6
MugenIchiban

Wow... after reading volume 10 it just got more intriguing and confusing than ever.

It's kind of messed up how they can now steal other peoples personalities.

I've gotta say Tetora Nishizono is pretty badass for a kid. He's like the younger version of Shinji almost.

I think i'll have to read it again to get a better understanding of what's going on.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Is the violence in Fresia and Anne freaks just as creative as MPD?
Old 2007-02-01, 08:05   Link #7
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenIchiban View Post
Wow... after reading volume 10 it just got more intriguing and confusing than ever.

It's kind of messed up how they can now steal other peoples personalities.

I've gotta say Tetora Nishizono is pretty badass for a kid. He's like the younger version of Shinji almost.

I think i'll have to read it again to get a better understanding of what's going on.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Nope, it doesnt reach those kind of creativisnm...

And Yah...thats the one I fnd as my favorite character Tetora
Old 2007-03-24, 11:02   Link #8
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
The violence in Freesia's too random for my tastes while Anne Freaks has a pathetic weak-willed protagonist. MPD Psycho is more disturbing and better planned out until vol8 or so. Beyond that point, things got a bit too messy for my tastes.

Sure, blood, gore, murders, serial killers, and psychopaths are cool and all but what I really loved about the series is how Amamiya/Nishizono kept himself one step ahead of his opponents. Besides his skills as a killer, the guy really knows how to turn tables with his mind games. The bastard(s) might even be able to outsmart Yagami Light and L. (How the hell could the Death Note possibly work if the person has multiple identities and personalities?)

Light: Game over for you, Amamiya Kazuhiko. (writes "Amamiya Kazuhiko" in the deathnote)
?????: Wrong. It's Nishizono. (stabs Light)

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
Old 2007-06-19, 23:34   Link #9
Super Ska Master

I just started reading this manga. I really like it. the art style is almost exactly the same as Takeshi Obata of Death Note fame. I can't wait to get caught up. I read the first three volumes. Is this series still on-going?
Old 2007-06-21, 02:29   Link #10
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob

I believe that there are currently 11 vloumes released total in Japanese. When I went to Japantown in San Francisco, I was only able to find 3 volumes also, although I only bought 1 (empty wallet). Must be a new series here.
Even though I just started reading it a few days ago, I am enjoying it. Agreed, it is pretty confusing. This manga also reminded me of Death Note. If it were to get animated, I wouldn't be surprised if Madhouse did it.
Old 2007-06-21, 08:49   Link #11
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Is this series still on-going?
I honestly have no idea. I stumbled upon scanslations of some chapters from the 11th volume about a month ago and either it featured a very weird dream (think of the "alternate what-if reality" in the last episode of the Evangelion series) or it's a prototype of the original story. People who were supposed to be dead in the original series were popping up again as if nothing happened.

Quote:
If it were to get animated, I wouldn't be surprised if Madhouse did it.
Ditto. IIRC, it even has a short live-action series though a good number of details were modified to reduce the possibility of giving viewers headaches. A full-length animated series with a full dose of the action, gore, mystery, and confusion would be a welcome surprise.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
Old 2007-06-21, 09:26   Link #12
Super Ska Master

I don't really see that happening though. When was the mini series made? Nobody really knows about this series and there are mangas that deserve animes before this. So I don't know if it ever will get one.
Closed Thread