AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-10, 01:26   Link #2521
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
huh? lina and tatsuya like each other?
nope......its more like Lina reminds tatsuya of miiyuki

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-02-10, 02:05   Link #2522
kfcpanda

more like lina likes tatsuya.

tatsuya indifferent as always, maybe a little understanding from what she's coming from
Old 2013-02-10, 02:48   Link #2523
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Here it is, folks! Volume 9!

Lina looks way better than I imagined!
Oooooo, nice! As someone who thinks that Saber is an annoying borefest, I don't appreciate the comparison - thankfully, Lina's personality doesn't compare.

And I think it's about time that Miyuki gets a proper rival... merely towering over the rest gets boring after a while
Old 2013-02-10, 03:31   Link #2524
waffler

i just read the arc 6 summaries. tatsuya said he only won because lina was mentally weak?
man tatsuyas confusing me i cant tell how much stronger he is than her
Old 2013-02-10, 03:42   Link #2525
pampz21
ShipCore

Tatsuya's just underestimating himself again~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2013-02-10, 03:43   Link #2526
Ragna666

i have read the light novel but i cant seem to remember Lina
Who is she? Wat is her relationship or role again?
Old 2013-02-10, 03:43   Link #2527
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
i just read the arc 6 summaries. tatsuya said he only won because lina was mentally weak?
"Mentally weak" sounds very misleading ^_^;

What he meant was that Lina is lacking a brutal killer instinct. She isn't ruthless and merciless (while he in fact is). Had she been, she could have killed him.

If anything, this makes Lina more likable to me.
Old 2013-02-10, 03:52   Link #2528
nacer666

‏‎Even if Lina didn't have that weak point she'd lose anyway.Tatsuya wasn't aiming for her life or else he could make her disappear. ‎
Old 2013-02-10, 04:05   Link #2529
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna666 View Post
i have read the light novel but i cant seem to remember Lina
Who is she? Wat is her relationship or role again?
She appears in web arc 5&6, as the LN only goes up to web arc 4, she isn't mentioned in any of the translated part yet.
Though I remember seeing her with twin tails somewhere, but she's very Saber-like.
Old 2013-02-10, 04:29   Link #2530
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Oooooo, nice! As someone who thinks that Saber is an annoying borefest, I don't appreciate the comparison - thankfully, Lina's personality doesn't compare.
yeah don't compare their personality because it is different

Quote:
Saber is loyal, independent, and reserved; she appears cold, but is actually suppressing her emotions to focus on her goals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
She appears in web arc 5&6, as the LN only goes up to web arc 4, she isn't mentioned in any of the translated part yet.
Though I remember seeing her with twin tails somewhere, but she's very Saber-like.
in the picture Lina is twin tails

you can see her twin tails but not very clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post

Last edited by henzaeroz; 2013-02-10 at 04:43.
Old 2013-02-10, 04:49   Link #2531
bloodyclaws

Quote:
"Mentally weak" sounds very misleading ^_^;

What he meant was that Lina is lacking a brutal killer instinct. She isn't ruthless and merciless (while he in fact is). Had she been, she could have killed him.

If anything, this makes Lina more likable to me.
not exactly. A popular debate in jcafe actually, along with the juumonji fight.

Lina being mentally weak can mean a multitude of things. Lack of killing intent, love for tatsuya, questioning her motives, confusion, etc

Basically, she was not focused into the fight. But this is exactly the same as tat. He did not fight her with the intent to kill but to merely detain. The times he unseals everything and decides to kill is basically a one sided slaughter and only towards larger conflicts such as wars.

to be honest, we haven't gotten a word by word translation to how the fight went. Everyone made a big deal about juumonji's apparent victory and how his abilities is a counter to tats. But once you read the translations, its not that big of a deal and it really just translates to tats feeling uncomfortable in the concept of attrition. Nothing about a definite victory or loss.

on an interesting side note:

there is an interesting fact brought forth that explains maya's "night" ability which is, in a nutshell, getting skewered by light. The "stench of blood" loomed before the magic dissipated. We know her magic does not cause this effect, so it means tats got skewered by magic moving at light speed and regenerated fast enough to nullify the magic. Take it as you will, but quite interesting, I must say.

Last edited by bloodyclaws; 2013-02-10 at 05:03.
Old 2013-02-10, 06:13   Link #2532
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyclaws View Post
not exactly. A popular debate in jcafe actually, along with the juumonji fight.
These whole childish "who has the biggest d1ck"-kind of arguments are 100% pointless and a total waste of time, I don't have any interest whatsoever in participating in them. I merely pointed out that "mentally weak" is a totally misleading term.

Throughout the web arc, Tatsuya and even Lina herself have remarked that Lina's personality isn't really cut out for this kind of covert ops stuff. It's not in her nature. It requires an emotionless and ruthless attitude (which is why Tatsuya, who generally is both emotionless and ruthless, is much more adept at it).

In their third battle, Lina could have killed Tatsuya if she had really wanted to. She didn't, and neither did Tatsuya, that's why both are still alive. That's the reason, not "mental weakness". And for the love of god, please no "But if both would be serious, who would win" kind of debates.

In fact, I find the disparity between Lina's nature and wishes and what doing her job demands from her quite intriguing to watch, and it makes me like her quite a bit. A welcome change from "Mister Computer" Tatsuya and "Miss Perfect" Miyuki.
Old 2013-02-10, 06:20   Link #2533
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I feel that the debate between Lina and Tatsuya is like trying to argue which country-- who both have nuclear weapons-- will win if they fight each other. Pretty pointless in my opinion, since the one who basically struck first with their nuclear warhead should've won the war. Though I think it's unavoidable to have these kinds of discussion in a series where power levels are prominent

Anyway, when will vol 9 be out?

Old 2013-02-10, 07:48   Link #2534
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I feel that the debate between Lina and Tatsuya is like trying to argue which country-- who both have nuclear weapons-- will win if they fight each other. Pretty pointless in my opinion, since the one who basically struck first with their nuclear warhead should've won the war. Though I think it's unavoidable to have these kinds of discussion in a series where power levels are prominent

Anyway, when will vol 9 be out?
March 10 from what I can see on Dengeki Bunko.

Quote:
These whole childish "who has the biggest d1ck"-kind of arguments are 100% pointless and a total waste of time, I don't have any interest whatsoever in participating in them. I merely pointed out that "mentally weak" is a totally misleading term.

Throughout the web arc, Tatsuya and even Lina herself have remarked that Lina's personality isn't really cut out for this kind of covert ops stuff. It's not in her nature. It requires an emotionless and ruthless attitude (which is why Tatsuya, who generally is both emotionless and ruthless, is much more adept at it).

In their third battle, Lina could have killed Tatsuya if she had really wanted to. She didn't, and neither did Tatsuya, that's why both are still alive. That's the reason, not "mental weakness". And for the love of god, please no "But if both would be serious, who would win" kind of debates.

In fact, I find the disparity between Lina's nature and wishes and what doing her job demands from her quite intriguing to watch, and it makes me like her quite a bit. A welcome change from "Mister Computer" Tatsuya and "Miss Perfect" Miyuki.
Well said. Well said. Those kind of debates just makes everyone look 10. They're pointless and I tend not to read the thread for a week or two when one of them starts up. Really kills the enthusiasm for those who don't give a shit
Old 2013-02-10, 07:52   Link #2535
NeutralZero

Is Lina still in 1st High during the double seven or did she returned to America?
Old 2013-02-10, 08:22   Link #2536
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Is Lina still in 1st High during the double seven or did she returned to America?
In the end of arc 6 she is return to USNA with Miyuki and Tatsuya accompany her to Airport. Miyuki said that the next time Lina meet with them, Lina will accept their offering (Tatsuya offer Lina to become his friend and independent from USNA).
Old 2013-02-10, 08:25   Link #2537
malason13
Forsaken

No one knows. I never read the double seven arc myself just the spoilers.

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-02-10, 09:22   Link #2538
NeutralZero

Its a shame she's not in the current arc...
Old 2013-02-10, 10:46   Link #2539
cyberdemon

Quote:
Don't think too much of it. Tatsuya also thought the same things before he fought Masaki.
Old 2013-02-10, 11:26   Link #2540
InfinityDragonGod

I keep hearing in other posts that Tatsuya's and Linda's relationship is like Romeo and Juliet. How come? Did really seem like star cross?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings