AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-14, 00:06   Link #9781
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Well thats basically it, but I have a more simplified version in mind. Different coloured lines can be used as seen in the example you showed, so a nice long list of legends for what each colour represents can be used. Also, the details can be kept to a minimum and the unnecessary comments and remarks (in your example) can be removed.

But still, now that I think about it, its really going to be quite a "web" we would have. For now, I'll see if I can take some of the more consistently active and "used" OCs and make a sample or something. *reminds self to start hunting for information*
But the random comments make it ever more interesting (well if you've watched Simoun)

I see you're determined to try and make the web. Good luck... you'll need it :heh
Give us a yell when you start and we'll help out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Spoiler for Time Goes By- Segment:

Eh, pretty long segment...

I'm uncertain about the cohesion in some parts of this piece...but, it can be rectified if there are problems. Do tell me what you think, fellow readers.
Hmmm, it looks decent to me.... Although judging from canon she has killed before or at least been involved in the death of Zest and co. So you can't really say that she isn't a murderer. The only question in my mind is: 'Is she able to kill in cold-blood?' Death in combat is an entirely different thing (In my view) to what is about to happen. (if it indeed goes that way)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
TK3997: Excellent… all is going as I have foreseen it and the corruption spreads! Soon, very soon the quest to maintain canon will be but a distant memory… MUHAHAHAH!!!
Flunky: My lord some of the rebels have gotten into the AU generator!!!
TK3997: Oh shi---

Isamu Well that was easier then we thought..
Tuala
Yeah, their security was pathetic

I'll stick with parallel canon events thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Well, I decided to end this chapter with this part, so here goes!

Spoiler for Courage - Part 5:

Sorry, no drawing this time...unless you wanted a drawing of Hayate carrying Yui

And Yui wins!
Now to explain the attacks she used...
Spoiler for Yui's attacks:

Also, omg at Hayate...
Well, I assume that is possible, since she used Diabolic Emission in the first Numbers encounter

Well, that's it for Chapter 17, now to work on Chapter 18...I think I'll call it "Resolve"
*drops another vote for Hayate and Yui*

Although SLB?????:c onfused:
Since when could Hayate use that..... Considering we haven't seen her use any of Reinforce 1's other attacks...

Oh wait... never mind.. I just saw your comment at the end.
Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler for size:

A tentative "version 1" of one of my char. I intend to edit whenever necessary, because I can seem to think of how he'll fit in..well that and for balance purposes. Anyway that was longer than I expected so...please don't bite! *worriedly clicks the submit reply button and hides*
Ooh nice.
I can't see anything to complain about so you're safe from rants about Haxx...
Looks like he'd get along well in terms of ability with most of my OC's (although he's a few ranks higher in magic..) Nice work

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It'll take more than SLB to kill me!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
ORLY?

Imotou: Lowe-kun! Mitte! Mitte!

Imotou kills LoweGear with Starlight Breaker: Fairy Tale Shift EX PLUS: Overdrive Mode.
Quote:

Hah. Weak.

*wipes blood from nose*
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

WHAT SORT OF HAXX IS THIS!!!!!!!!!

Looks like we'll have to use the super weapon....

Now where are the aces....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Edit:SearcherS preview here, having some writer's block and school barring me from finishing it at this time...anyway:

Spoiler for SearcherS 9-preview:
Hmm Interesting.
Old 2007-09-14, 00:33   Link #9782
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Great, so Erio is going to become...

Spoiler for this?:

What is that?

Quote:
Ah~ Jeno, you're that h4xx to have little worries...

*plots something to destroy the Destroyers in my DestinyS*
Don't you have bigger plates on your table to deal with than little old us?

Beside, we're 2/3 on your side

(Except the group who is gonna attack Artemis and Midchilda just to look for something )
Old 2007-09-14, 00:34   Link #9783
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroRuLushe View Post
Would you like this to put you in your place?

I wouldn't mind that as long as Caro maintains the cute look she has
and where the hell do you get your cute caro avatars from? You just want to kill me with Caro's overwhelming cuteness huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
You mean, it wasn't obvious from the name that it was a suped up Photon Lancer? And there's an easy way to limit the book's copycat powers. The wielder has to supply all for magic for casting. So casting spells above his power level will result in weaker versions of those spells. Then make the mage no better than A rank.
Oh yeah, the tomes need to scan the spell at least once before it can cast it cause it needs the magical pattern,particles, etc.

Well, he actually does supply the magic for casting O_O 100% of it and A rank... i might make him A+ or AA/+ not sure though

Any ideas for the defensive one?
The defensive tome can use healing, barrier and binding spells(or is binding spells offensive ) though healing is very hard to limit cause the mage's rank will be low (preferbly B rank) and since it's all defensive spells no offense

I plan to make the characters siblings cause the tomes are manufactured @ the same time so it would kinda make sense if the wielders are siblings instead of random strangers so one aniki and imouto.
Call me sexist but I have a thinking that males are better @ offensive spells females are better @ defensive/healing spells (Although in Nanoha it's the opposite of what I think )

[QUOTE=FieryAeon;1145533]
Spoiler for spoiler for size:

just (It's a good thing)
Naiisu for your first character

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release

Last edited by haiz123321; 2007-09-14 at 00:44.
Old 2007-09-14, 00:40   Link #9784
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What is that?
Crimson Rubeus of the Dark Moon Clan.

Go reread Sailor Moon.

Quote:
Don't you have bigger plates on your table to deal with than little old us?

Beside, we're 2/3 on your side

(Except the group who is gonna attack Artemis and Midchilda just to look for something )
Take your place as the scape-goat.

Nah, the Destroyers won't be in DestinyS. Putting aside the fact that they're h4xx, like I said... little to no non-villain OCs if possible.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-14, 00:54   Link #9785
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Crimson Rubeus of the Dark Moon Clan.

Go reread Sailor Moon.

Never!

Quote:
Take your place as the scape-goat.

Nah, the Destroyers won't be in DestinyS. Putting aside the fact that they're h4xx, like I said... little to no non-villain OCs if possible.

They're not h4xx

Spoiler for badass-ness modified from D.grayman:
Old 2007-09-14, 01:03   Link #9786
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Noah fags are H4XX.

My villains will be semi-h4xx as well, but it'll be nothing compared to yours.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-14, 01:07   Link #9787
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
They're not h4xx
Yes they are, in fact they're more hacked then Microsoft Windows.

The moment I see any kind of “fairly easily returned from the dead” powers in a universe with almost zero precedent for it I consider it Hax, never mind the grossly superior power and laundry list of super abilities they also have.
Old 2007-09-14, 01:13   Link #9788
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Noah fags are H4XX.

But Noahs still die, and that's what counts

(I admit, they're not easy to kill, but that's the point )

Quote:
My villains will be semi-h4xx as well, but it'll be nothing compared to yours.
How are you 'semi' h4xx ?
Old 2007-09-14, 01:22   Link #9789
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321
Any ideas for the defensive one?
Frankly, I would advise against making a distinction between offensive and defensive spells. A creative mage can use offensive spells defensively and defensive spells offensively.
Think on the following:
An offensive spell that can shoot down incoming attacks can be considered defensive.
A high-powered shield spell plus a speed boost spell allows the caster to plow though obstacles like a bullldozer, an offensive maneuver.
If you want two books regardless, I suggest one for dealing with attacks, either offense or defense; and another for support spells that do not directly attack or defend against attacks.
Old 2007-09-14, 01:25   Link #9790
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroRuLushe View Post
Would you like this to put you in your place?

Ouch?

Quote:
I was jsut kidding of course

But this reminds me of the time I talked to a WoW player who uses a Warrior...

"So... All Warrior like to get hurt, huh?"

"That's where we get our power from... The bigger the hurt, the better."

"And you guys... Are okay with this...?"

"We're not masochist if that's what your implying."

"Could have fooled me."
You never know if one or two of them might be, I have a friend who plays a paladin and he always go "come I'll soak the pain, yea you be mosquitoes" as if he enjoys being a tanker. That being said are paladins even suppose to be tankers? /me doesn't play WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Old man is OOOOLD.

At first when I saw the name "Itsuki" I went ACOUS?! But then it turned out otherwise. However the slacker attitude is similar. His skills look alright, and with an AAA+ rank looks like its ok.

*Kha and Kaempfer watches little Friediche chasing Lord Chaos trying to toast him.*

While I wouldn't say "Tiny Dragon" (Frd: ), it IS a Nanohaverse thing that what doesn't kill you, bonds you stronger.

Kha: Don't worry Erio, I used to wear that barrier jacket, and it has +100 to all Resists.
Erio: But---
Kha: WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! Remember Erio, YOUR SPEAR IS THE SPEAR THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS INTO TOMORROW!
Erio:
Isn't it Voltaire who was unleashed upon Erio and not Friedriech? lol...I'd think +100 to all resists isn't gonna help with a 3 story tall dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Very balanced character, interesting background, interesting way of fighting... very nice character overall!

I just wonder about the "Gwendolyn" you mentioned...

Actually to be honest it was another character I had already have completed awhile ago before I even started in this forum, so I had no idea the name was taken. I could change it though its not a problem, just haven't thought of another name yet. (Is this the problem parents have when naming babies? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
First OC, eh? Nice.

As for the flight thing... well, there are degrees of skill in flight as well. Whether or not flight only is capable, or are they good enough to do high-speed dog-fights... Hayate for one cannot play the aerial-game, though she can fly.
Hmm...you're right I didn't consider that. Seeing that he's in the air force he would have to be competent in aerial combat. But I don't think I would have the job of air superiority to him, there's plenty of OCs and CCs around for that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo
But the random comments make it ever more interesting (well if you've watched Simoun)

I see you're determined to try and make the web. Good luck... you'll need it :heh
Give us a yell when you start and we'll help out
I agree that it's more interesting that way, hence minimizing it is an idea. I think I'll probably start out with the Aces as a base. Will start tentatively when I get a rough idea how they interact with one another.

Added: Changed the name to Jean (don't ask I just seem to like the name). No clashes now eh? ^^'

Last edited by FieryAeon; 2007-09-14 at 01:42.
Old 2007-09-14, 01:31   Link #9791
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
@USB...

Zone: Ha-
Fate: Ha-
Isdera: Ha-
Kha: Ha-
Armstrong: Ha-
All: Chiu!
What has I done???

We're sort of going off-topic, aren't we?
Old 2007-09-14, 01:32   Link #9792
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
But Noahs still die, and that's what counts

(I admit, they're not easy to kill, but that's the point )
Any form of pseudo-immortality is h4xx, no matter how you try to add a twist or 2.

Quote:
How are you 'semi' h4xx ?
They're strong, but that's it. Aside from that, they're perfectly human. And there's a perfectly legit within-canon reason as to why they can be that powerful either, and even then, there would be no "one can take on 3 Aces together" bullshit, aside from the King and the Final Boss. I'm respecting the rule of solitary and low-key rivalry dynamics for Nanoha.

And the King's only because of his utmost mastery of barrier magic for both Mid-style and the Alhazred-style. And the Final Boss because Final Boss is HUEG and Son Gan Long h4xx.

Old 2007-09-14, 02:05   Link #9793
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Oh yes I remember now, my chars age is suppose to a year older than the Aces. How old are they in AU anyway?

Anyway about his name of "Itsuki", its parallel of a nickname friends used to call me when I was younger. Itsuki, in kanji is 樹. I'm not sure what that means in Jap but never mind that, the point is kanji is said to be very similar to the Chinese language. (yes I'm chinese) In chinese, the word 樹 means tree. For an asian I'm considered quite tall (6 feet 1) so friends used to call me "tree", "beanstalk", "高老" (which means tall guy in a rather teasing way) and some others which I've forgotten.

Question @Kha: Why did you think Acous the moment you read Itsuki? o.O
Old 2007-09-14, 02:10   Link #9794
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
And the King's only because of his utmost mastery of barrier magic for both Mid-style and the Alhazred-style. And the Final Boss because Final Boss is HUEG and Son Gan Long h4xx.
You gotta be kidding... Son Gan Long?!?!?!?

*Tries to summon the Alpha Numbers*

Quote:
Have you seen Haruhi? Itsuki from that series, and Acous Verossa share the same VA

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-14, 02:11   Link #9795
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Any form of pseudo-immortality is h4xx, no matter how you try to add a twist or 2.
Then what exactly is immortality in your stance? Do you mean it as 'can't kill, period' , or 'can't stay down' ? Or both?

Cause I fall in the second Category.

Quote:
They're strong, but that's it. Aside from that, they're perfectly human. And there's a perfectly legit within-canon reason as to why they can be that powerful either, and even then, there would be no "one can take on 3 Aces together" bullshit, aside from the King and the Final Boss. I'm respecting the rule of solitary and low-key rivalry dynamics for Nanoha.

I hope I didn't give you the impression that they can take on 3 Aces at once, nor did I intend for them to have any overwhelming advantage on the Aces, because they don't. As I've mentioned to Arrow before, a large portion still falls on their individual skills.

I'm not disputing you decision of course, it is your story, but I just want to get any misunderstandings out of the way now, as well as any corrections you feel that I should make.

Quote:

Because Acous IS Itsuki
Old 2007-09-14, 02:13   Link #9796
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:

Holy ****
Old 2007-09-14, 02:19   Link #9797
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Then what exactly is immortality in your stance? Do you mean it as 'can't kill, period' , or 'can't stay down' ? Or both?

Cause I fall in the second Category.
Anything even remotely close to Naruto's stance of immortality = immortality.

The Noah/Homunculus/Majin Buu argument works as well.

Quote:
I hope I didn't give you the impression that they can take on 3 Aces at once, nor did I intend for them to have any overwhelming advantage on the Aces, because they don't. As I've mentioned to Arrow before, a large portion still falls on their individual skills.

I'm not disputing you decision of course, it is your story, but I just want to get any misunderstandings out of the way now, as well as any corrections you feel that I should make.
I am aware that they are not THAT strong, as reflected by the numbers, ranks, and all that, but for all that matters, they are a bunch who's in possession of both skills and powers that are extremely powerful and alongside that, are in possession of excuses for their bodies to be chopped up badly, but still ease around with it.

That alone is h4xx enough to be on the playing field. Don't worry, you're not the only one.

Quote:

I haven't finalized it yet, but my still-pending idea of the Final Boss is something that requires at least 20 Arc-en-Ciels from the TSAB fleet, 1 Neo-Cradle's Phase Cannon (( undecided )), plus one final h4xx by the King using the memories of the planet (( Alhazred )) to destroy it.

And of course, all the major characters working together to buy time for the synchronized attack.

Old 2007-09-14, 02:22   Link #9798
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
ANYWAY, I suppose it’s time I acutally contributed some content again. The Inspection arc is ongoing, but I’m making progress and with classes done for the week I should get a good chunk (or maybe the whole thing) done by the end of the week. Anyway here’s a teaser for the fight scene, it’s just a bit after the initial clash after Felix has gone to ground and is starting up his strategy in earnest.

Spoiler for Fight Snippet:

Comments and such are of course more then welcome.
Old 2007-09-14, 02:24   Link #9799
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So I said that the previous Arc was finished.

Maybe not.

Toning down on Sweetcheesium on this one... since it has been taken over by rabid BlueCheesium . In fact, I think this is my longest single scenario for all of my OC's

Spoiler for Waiting:

Late Edit:

Couldn't describe it well in the chapter, but here's an image of what Matsuri was wearing

Spoiler for Dress:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2008-02-07 at 09:57.
Old 2007-09-14, 02:31   Link #9800
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
So I said that the previous Arc was finished.

Maybe not.

Toning down on Sweetcheesium on this one... since it has been taken over by rabid BlueCheesium . In fact, I think this is my longest single scenario for all of my OC's

Spoiler for Waiting:
Epic post at its best.

So I can say that it's a happy-ending chapter, huh?
Closed Thread