AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-09-28, 13:13   Link #581
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Time to start catching up with some threads.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
New Vector. This time it's....guess who....

PS-It's wallpaper size~
I am not the biggest Symphonia fan out there, but this one is nice nonetheless.

Very clean and very pretty.

Quote:
And a work in progress~
With a bit of luck, I'll be able to check this soon after you post it.
Old 2008-10-04, 10:00   Link #582
Hakuryu
Klutz

Thanks Daniel. ^^ I'm putting that vector on hold though. xD

Update time~

Sigs

SoTM Possible Entry

If the "A" fades at the top, you need to refresh the page. >.>;;
Old 2008-10-04, 10:14   Link #583
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Sigs
I feel that this sig has so much potential but there are two things that makes it fall.
1. The text don't fit in, I think it's the font and/or the formatting of it. Try to experiment a bit if you want and make it blend in with the bg. That might get it the push it needs.

2. The color of the render. It's very nice on the bg and the clouds looks spectacular, but the render is a bit bright. Maybe a little darker and smoother would make it perfect.

Quote:
Very nice composition. The render and bg go very nice together. Colors are good and smooth. The only thing that disturbs my mind is the text to the right. The font don't fit in. Maybe a more "dreamy" or stylish font would fit better since the sig itself is a bit "dreamy".

Quote:
SoTM Possible Entry

If the "A" fades at the top, you need to refresh the page. >.>;;
Ah yes, the SOTM. Very, very nice composition and colors. You have managed to make it soothing in a way, imo.
But (and you know me) the animation makes the quality go down. I just don't think it fits. A static "note" or something else would fit better I think, that shares the color and design of the rest sig.
You know I hate animation in sigs so I might be exaggerating, but just think about it for a bit. This sig has great potential in the SOTM.

Good luck.

Edit: You didn't ask for critique, you have to excuse me on that. I just noticed after I wrote all this >_<

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 11:43   Link #584
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
I feel that this sig has so much potential but there are two things that makes it fall.
1. The text don't fit in, I think it's the font and/or the formatting of it. Try to experiment a bit if you want and make it blend in with the bg. That might get it the push it needs.

2. The color of the render. It's very nice on the bg and the clouds looks spectacular, but the render is a bit bright. Maybe a little darker and smoother would make it perfect.
Yes, I have the most difficult time with fitting text. I'll experiment some more.

The render was acually a washed out white color, so I basically had to color it myself. Which explains why it's so bright in the sig itself. ^^;

Quote:
Very nice composition. The render and bg go very nice together. Colors are good and smooth. The only thing that disturbs my mind is the text to the right. The font don't fit in. Maybe a more "dreamy" or stylish font would fit better since the sig itself is a bit "dreamy".
Yes, yet another text faulty. I'll keep trying. Dx
Quote:
Ah yes, the SOTM. Very, very nice composition and colors. You have managed to make it soothing in a way, imo.
But (and you know me) the animation makes the quality go down. I just don't think it fits. A static "note" or something else would fit better I think, that shares the color and design of the rest sig.
You know I hate animation in sigs so I might be exaggerating, but just think about it for a bit. This sig has great potential in the SOTM.
I do think that the animation doesn't fit either. I think I'll try from scratch and use a more "smooth" type of animation. The animation of the bars makes the image not seems as soothing anymore. I know your dislike of animated sigs so I'll keep trying until you like it.

Speaking of animation...I had a little fun with an Okami animated sprite I found. xD

Lulz, I know the clouds don't loop. But I thought it was a funny idea.
Old 2008-10-05, 12:15   Link #585
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
I do think that the animation doesn't fit either. I think I'll try from scratch and use a more "smooth" type of animation. The animation of the bars makes the image not seems as soothing anymore. I know your dislike of animated sigs so I'll keep trying until you like it.
Never go after what I think about animation. That's a big no-no. The important thing is if it suits you, or at least other people who likes animation (which is a big percent of the members here). Try to please them with a great animation and I'm sure you come a long way in the SOTM.
I only offered my opinion and that's not the best thing to go after when it comes to this issue.

Quote:
Speaking of animation...I had a little fun with an Okami animated sprite I found. xD

My god, so cute. Too bad about the clouds though, it would have looked even better.
See this is a great example of an animation I like, using sprites. I get a nostalgic feeling and it suits sigs much better IMO. Good work.

Old 2008-10-05, 15:05   Link #586
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Aughh! Haku-chan always surprises and amazes me when I comes to Okami ^_^ Great little sig there!
Spoiler for funny little fact:

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 16:25   Link #587
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Never go after what I think about animation. That's a big no-no. The important thing is if it suits you, or at least other people who likes animation (which is a big percent of the members here). Try to please them with a great animation and I'm sure you come a long way in the SOTM.
I only offered my opinion and that's not the best thing to go after when it comes to this issue.
Well, compared to A4, this place is loaded with wonderful animated sig makers. I didn't know you can do most of the animation until I joined ASuki. ^^;

Quote:
My god, so cute. Too bad about the clouds though, it would have looked even better.
See this is a great example of an animation I like, using sprites. I get a nostalgic feeling and it suits sigs much better IMO. Good work.
Aww, thanks. I did it in about 5 minuets, so it's not all that great with out a loop. But I'll see if I can loop it and/or make it look better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Aughh! Haku-chan always surprises and amazes me when I comes to Okami ^_^ Great little sig there!
Spoiler for funny little fact:
Thanks Marina-chan. That means a lot.
Spoiler for Response~:

I've gotten into a new series recently, Toradora. I think the only reason I watched it was because Aisaka looked like Chiaki from Minami-ke. xD

So, here are some free avatars from episode 1 if anyone's interested.

Old 2008-10-06, 16:30   Link #588
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Well, compared to A4, this place is loaded with wonderful animated sig makers. I didn't know you can do most of the animation until I joined ASuki. ^^;
Oh you sure go a point there. Can't argue with that.

Quote:
I've gotten into a new series recently, Toradora. I think the only reason I watched it was because Aisaka looked like Chiaki from Minami-ke. xD

So, here are some free avatars from episode 1 if anyone's interested.

Until I read the name I also thought it was Minami-ke...the similarities are huge. Nice animation on the avas!

Old 2008-10-06, 16:38   Link #589
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Just wanted to say your new sig is extremely cute Haku-chan. Loved what you did with it, and its a really nice job for a quickie Hardly see anyone use sprites either!
She really does look like her alot, Nice Avies.
Old 2008-10-06, 16:49   Link #590
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
They seriously looks alike. Even their personalities are similar.
Old 2008-10-09, 15:44   Link #591
Hakuryu
Klutz

I'll always be a much bigger fan of Minami-ke though~

My second try on the SotM. Trashed my old animated sig, cuz I lost the .psd.
Old 2008-10-09, 16:07   Link #592
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Wonderful effects, although they are hard to see. I didn't notice at first. The quality of the render/image seems a bit low, but other than that I think it's very nice, the colors fit nicely. Beatiful background too.

And is that some pre-made brushes or did you make them yourself, because I am looking for something exactly like that. (Guessing dA *cross fingers*)

Old 2008-10-11, 12:58   Link #593
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Wonderful effects, although they are hard to see. I didn't notice at first. The quality of the render/image seems a bit low, but other than that I think it's very nice, the colors fit nicely. Beatiful background too.

And is that some pre-made brushes or did you make them yourself, because I am looking for something exactly like that. (Guessing dA *cross fingers*)
Ah, thanks. And the original image was small and in bad quality, but I couldn't find a better one. >.>

Are you talking about those flower brushes...or something else. If you are, they're on DA and I can upload them somewhere for you, because I don't remember exactly where on DA I got them.

Free Avatar time~
This time it's from Tales of the Abyss...which will never be better than Symphonia; EVER! <3
Episode 1

Episode 2

And a free sig~
Old 2008-10-11, 14:43   Link #594
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yay! Love this game! Haven't seen the show yet ^_^
Can I take the above avi Haku-chan? Is it also possible to make the hiding time just a little longer?

AniList

Old 2008-10-11, 14:56   Link #595
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Ah, thanks. And the original image was small and in bad quality, but I couldn't find a better one. >.>

Are you talking about those flower brushes...or something else. If you are, they're on DA and I can upload them somewhere for you, because I don't remember exactly where on DA I got them.
Yeah, those flowers. That would very nice of you Haku-chan =3

Very nice avatars too, as always.

Old 2008-10-11, 18:21   Link #596
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Yay! Love this game! Haven't seen the show yet ^_^
Can I take the above avi Haku-chan? Is it also possible to make the hiding time just a little longer?
The game is fun, and the anime seems interesting so far. (Although I've only seen 2 episodes so far)
And sure, how's this?

Quote:
Yeah, those flowers. That would very nice of you Haku-chan =3

Very nice avatars too, as always.
Sure, I uploaded the brush to MediaFire, hope that's okay. ^^
Antique Vines Brush
Old 2008-10-11, 18:26   Link #597
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Works just fine, thank you <3

Old 2008-10-11, 19:02   Link #598
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The game is fun, and the anime seems interesting so far. (Although I've only seen 2 episodes so far)
And sure, how's this?

Sure, I uploaded the brush to MediaFire, hope that's okay. ^^
Antique Vines Brush
It's perfect ^_^ Thanks for the avi!
I also snitched that brush

AniList

Old 2008-10-11, 19:13   Link #599
Ice Climbers