AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-24, 12:48   Link #81
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It is interesting to note that, in all the songs released the drummer is playing double-pedals almost all the time.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 17:31   Link #82
Nerroth
NePoi!

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that in CG, at the bit where the band members call out their character names, Mugi-chan seems to be the only one who has Yui's seiyuu call it out for her instead...
Old 2009-04-24, 21:03   Link #83
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Maybe it's just me, but it seems that in CG, at the bit where the band members call out their character names, Mugi-chan seems to be the only one who has Yui's seiyuu call it out for her instead...
Ritsu calls out to Yui, Yui to Mugi, Mugi to Mio, then Mio to Ritsu. That is, if I'm understanding what you said right.

Misread it as Yui calling out to Kotobuki, since Kotobuki Minako does the voice of Kotobuki Tsumugi and they're both in that seiyuu group called "sphere". @_@;
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
I'd say that the OP does work a bit better simply as an opening song and the ED as an ending song, so I think they are both in the correct positions
Reminds me of how I felt about the Kannagi songs, too.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 13:54   Link #84
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The singles "Don't say Lazy" and "Cagayake! GIRLS" have reach number one and two respectively on the Oricon charts. Congratulations K-On!
Old 2009-04-25, 14:07   Link #85
kimholm

Hehe, just checked myself. That's awesome.
kimholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 14:26   Link #86
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
The singles "Don't say Lazy" and "Cagayake! GIRLS" have reach number one and two respectively on the Oricon charts. Congratulations K-On!
This is one of the best ranking I could remember for songs of recent Anime, especially when considering that they are just some new nameless singers/voice actresses. Not even Macross F did that good.

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 14:52   Link #87
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

It's quite a feat, really. A deserved one, in my book.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 15:04   Link #88
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTheme View Post
This is one of the best ranking I could remember for songs of recent Anime, especially when considering that they are just some new nameless singers/voice actresses. Not even Macross F did that good.
Which makes me really sad. Mostly scared. actually. Where do all these people get the money to buy so many copies? >_>;

- Triangler only managed to hit #3, even with the power of Macross fans. Though, Triangler did manage to sell more copies than Mizuki Nana's Trickster, which actually hit #2 on the charts.
- FictionJunction YUUKA's Gundam SEED Insert song, Honou no Tobira, hit #1 on the daily back in '05, first seiyuu single in Oricon history to do so.
- Mizuki Nana's White Album OP, Shin Ai, of this year hit #1 on the daily - second seiyuu single to hit a #1 and it's also her first #1 after quite a few #2s. Single was also officially released on her birthday, which might explain a bit....

This is the first I've heard of an anison not listed under the real artist's name to hit #1, though. Or to even make it in the top ten as far as recently goes. Ito Shizuka/Katsura Hinagiku's HiNA album debuted at #17 on the charts, I think some Noto Mamiko character song album debuted at #36? Okui Masami's new album debuted at #31, to show a not anison comparison. This wasn't too long ago, either.

Hope that's right. This is mostly all off the top of my head, so feel free to correct as my internet continues to suck. :V

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-04-25, 15:15   Link #89
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Well there are better Opening and ending songs out there. Still doesn't change the fact I find them enjoyable to listen too.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 15:20   Link #90
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
It's quite a feat, really. A deserved one, in my book.
Not really, songs are still medicore at best. It just sort of happened and it makes sense when you think of reports of otaku buying upwards of 11 copies a pop in order to jack up the sales. And I thought the whole buy 3 thing was excessive. Plus it's day 3 (4/25) and nothing else got released after 4/22, sales for other non-otaku bolstered shows go down, sales for K-On stay the same or go up slightly, allowing them the chance to slip into the top spot. Again makes sense when you think about it. Getting both to debut in the top slot, now that would have been something to see.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 15:21   Link #91
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Not really, songs are still medicore at best. It just sort of happened and it makes sense when you think of reports of otaku buying upwards of 11 copies a pop in order to jack up the sales. And I thought the whole buy 3 thing was excessive.
otaku are nuts, i've read stories of them buying copies just for the sake, like one otaku spent 100,00 usd on shining force games, he bough 43 copies of the same game, talk about overkill.

on the side note I think more otaku are into k-on than macross because there is no macross bridge to cross, its straight up moe-blob loveathon.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 15:29   Link #92
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The "mediocre" part is pure unadulterated opinion, as was my own remark. Still doesn't change the fact that the singles sold very well.
Now, do we know for a fact that only otakus bought these? I know at least seven girls that pre-ordered the CD's (and are obviously still waiting to receive 'em) and no male foreigner otakus...

Still, a moot point, as it would only be a discussion of taste, and those never go down so well.

Old 2009-04-25, 15:43   Link #93
Toffeerollx
TsuruyaxMikuru Glomp~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Toffeerollx
My opinion:
I prefer the OP over the ED.
Cagayake! Girls is more to my taste in anime songs and it's original and fun. Don't Say "Lazy" is just too repetitive for me. I prefer to listen to the TV size of Don't Say "Lazy" than the full ¬¬
Old 2009-04-25, 16:14   Link #94
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Now, do we know for a fact that only otakus bought these? I know at least seven girls that pre-ordered the CD's (and are obviously still waiting to receive 'em) and no male foreigner otakus...
Well, I for one am hoping that most of us aren't assuming that only otaku bought these. I'm just looking at this from how Oricon works if we're still talking about how the OP/ED singles hit the top spots.

Oricon doesn't monitor the sales of items being shipped out and some stores [7-Elevenww] aren't covered. Just shows how it's not entirely accurate and how crazy fans can get.

Then again, I guess when some people have enough money to buy the same bass Mio uses....

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-04-25, 16:24   Link #95
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Well, I for one am hoping that most of us aren't assuming that only otaku bought these.
Some people obviously seem to be heading towards that conclusion, tho.

Old 2009-04-25, 16:29   Link #96
Nosauz

No my thoughts are that, otaku do play a big portion, it doesn't mean that the mainstream appeal isn't there, but the insane otaku who spend money like its water also should be noted as people who may askew the numbers. I'm just saying that its success isn't a sole indicator of mainstream acceptance of k-on!
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 18:34   Link #97
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

That is somewhat scary to me..that it managed to get first and second on the charts. Like the examples above, Nana-chan only started to managed to get No.1. And even with Macross + Mayaa only got No.3. Even with the godly Hare Hare Yukai and God Knows, both only got No.5 in the weekly charts. Guess recession doesn't hit the 'otaku's' pockets? Recession probally caused other artists to lose some sales, since 'normal' people would save money on these luxaries. If this gets No.1 on the weekly chart, I'll definately be even more scared.

It is most likely otakus who bought the singles, the seiyuus are practically unknown seiyuu. But then, with any artists, there'll always be crazy fanboys/girls. Look at the 'boybands' in japan, they sell like hot cakes (I still hate NEWS for beating Nana-chan with trickster in number one weekly, stupid fangirls, but then I'm a Nana-fangirl...). Then you have crazy wotas who buys all the oh-so-young-female-idols singles.

I loved Don't Say Lazy the first 20 times listening and watching the animated sequence, after that, it's quite forgetable. If I heard the song first without the animated stuff, it's just typical rock. Cagayake! Girls instrumental is good, not too fond of Yui's seiyuu high pitch voice. I love the guitars at the begining of the song.

Lets see how the DVD/Blu Ray sales go...
Old 2009-04-26, 10:25   Link #98
Coruja

My favorite has to be Don't Say Lazy, even without the ending animation I find the full version really enjoyable. Then I really love as well Sweet Bitter Beauty Song (it's a close second). The ED single is certainly very good and my favorite (by far).
I don't feel the same way about the opening single, I don't particularly like Cagayake!Girls, and the full version is nothing spectacular as well... The other song, I don't even remember the name... Not my thing at all.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 10:53   Link #99
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Even if you disregard the ED animation, "Don't say lazy" can still easily catch most people's attention at the beginning. Maybe the appeal is not very long lasting, but it's still a good ED song by its own.

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 10:56   Link #100
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Honestly? I find that the OP is just a terrible mess of musical notes and horrible squeaky singing. I understand the whole point of the OP being the way it is but it doesn't do much for me and heck how it can be listened constantly or even praised for being anything other than below average/bad. Compared to a lot of OPs I've heard it feels really hollow as a song and lacks substance. Thankfully, the ED is a big contrast to this and I love it to bits

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote