AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 16 43.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 27.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 13.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 13.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-17, 06:24   Link #21
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
- I always enjoy the parts where Hayate and Nagi hang out without any sort of romantic antics involved, such as this episode or the beginning of the previous season's 28. I'm not sure about whether they'd do well in a relationship, but they certainly have great chemistry as friends. I'm starting to miss Nagi. The extra Hinagiku coverage is nice and everything - I've come to understand and appreciate her much more than I ever did during the first season - but Nagi's easily my favorite female. I've always wondered why so many people don't like her. I guess it's because she's the main heroine, which in any sort of fandom is like a big target sign saying "Hate me." Main characters are the worst, they're nothing compared to those totally awesome secondary characters who I probably wouldn't like as much if they got more screentime and stopped being underground. Also, 'Hayate is saying a really lame thing with a really cool look!' might be my favorite quote of the episode.
There are quite a few other reasons why one could dislike Nagi.
For example, her being voiced by Kugimiya Rie and her loli tsundere nature is kind of like a "hate it or love it" scenario. Some people are sick of these kind of characters (Shana, Taiga , Louise) and therefor dislike any other character with the same personality.
Another reason may be that some think there was way too much focus on Nagi in the first season with a result that they got bored of/annoyed by her.
Old 2009-06-17, 08:16   Link #22
Mentar
Banned

The funny thing is: I'm almost convinced that Nagi was more or less designed to be the average anime otaku's wet dream.

o Loli

o Devoted to the lead character

o Filthy rich

o Interest in all things otaku

Had her age (and thus her eligibility for romantic interest) been pushed up just a little bit more, I'd have been convinced that this was the mangaka's intention off the bat.

Then again, you never know how things develop. For example, Hata never expected (and intended) Hina to become the huge fan favorite - he said it came as a total surprise for him.

So letsee where the story goes.
Old 2009-06-17, 10:28   Link #23
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
- I was surprised that Hayate is doing so poorly for the school year. He's a bright kid and the ultimate example of a hard worker, so I'm not sure what's giving him so much trouble. Oh Hayate, maybe you're a bigger dumbass than we ever imagined. Maria's obviously too intelligent for you; she graduated Hakuo at 13, you're failing the first or second year at 16.
Well, to be fair, while Hayate is an extremely hard worker, he never really had to do extensively challenging school work like Hakuou would assign (or so I assume). And they did mention that some of the tests weren't even in Japanese (the Math test was in German/3 other languages or something), which unless Hayate worked as a translator while hiding his age, would be pretty hard to learn. I think most of his talents fall into the category of physical labor and communication skills, not schoolwork or that kind of stuff.

Quote:
- I'm with Chibi, qwerty, and Ash. Izumi's great. Riza was my favorite of the trio at first thanks to that joke about her being that Japanese singer, but Izumi overtook her soon after. I was completely indifferent to Miki for the longest time, but she's starting to grow on me very slightly. She's certainly ahead of a few characters, like those two butlers that appear so rarely they don't even feel like part of the series sometimes.
Yes, another is being converted to the Izumi side!
Old 2009-06-17, 12:49   Link #24
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
- I was surprised that Hayate is doing so poorly for the school year. He's a bright kid and the ultimate example of a hard worker, so I'm not sure what's giving him so much trouble. Oh Hayate, maybe you're a bigger dumbass than we ever imagined. Maria's obviously too intelligent for you; she graduated Hakuo at 13, you're failing the first or second year at 16.
By that measure, ALMOST every girl in HnG would be too intelligent for Hayate. I assume the only love rival that could academically match Hayate would be Ayumu. Which is why they should totally be together.
Old 2009-06-17, 14:40   Link #25
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Nice Segawa-san, you managed to made me smile at this not-so-funny episode It's to be expected, the way the story was told in this episode was not made for laugh anyway.

Old 2009-06-17, 21:01   Link #26
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
The funny thing is: I'm almost convinced that Nagi was more or less designed to be the average anime otaku's wet dream.

o Loli

o Filthy rich

Had her age (and thus her eligibility for romantic interest) been pushed up just a little bit more, I'd have been convinced that this was the mangaka's intention off the bat.

Then again, you never know how things develop. For example, Hata never expected (and intended) Hina to become the huge fan favorite - he said it came as a total surprise for him.

Meh she needs better fashion sense then maybe...Honestly she always dresses so boring I think it barely registers with me subconsciously shes even female...

Need Sakuya to teach her how to dress I think like she did with Isumi...Ohhh remember that outfit Sakuya had on the cruise ship last season? *drool*

Wait what was I talking about again...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-06-18, 07:16   Link #27
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

o Loli

o Filthy rich

Nagi is just a spoiled BRAT! Hayate is confused beyond! He should just go with Ayumu. SHE WAS FIRST! Other than the A-tan girl thing!
Old 2009-06-18, 11:30   Link #28
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

>> Need Sakuya to teach her how to dress I think like she did with Isumi...Ohhh remember that outfit Sakuya had on the cruise ship last season? *drool*

Come to think of it, the profile said that Sakuya had a great sense of fashion right ?

Old 2009-06-18, 14:49   Link #29
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Good episode .

Lol Hayate in maid outfit and the guy who fall in love XD .
Come on Hina , you know that you love him ^^
Hayate x Ayumu , Hayate x Hina , Hayate x Maria flag !
Old 2009-06-18, 16:26   Link #30
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Good episode .

Lol Hayate in maid outfit and the guy who fall in love XD .
Come on Hina , you know that you love him ^^
Hayate x Ayumu , Hayate x Hina , Hayate x Maria flag !
Pretty much question is when is the decision because in the manga there is still none but flags only!
Old 2009-06-18, 21:49   Link #31
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spoiler:

References: Shoujo no Alps Heidi
Closed Thread