AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 20:27   Link #581
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Amen to that! Those triggers were bloody awful. Who in their right mind thought that it was a good idea to curve them that way? My fingers constantly slip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The minor gripe I have for the DS3 is the d-pad, it'll be nice if it's like the Vita's.

The major gripe I have for the DS3 is the L2/R2 'trigger' button, my god were those terrible.
Quote:
Plus the sensitivity on them is horrible- Sometimes they don't register the command because of how it's pressed...
The triggers are the only thing I never liked about the DS3, just putting down your controller in Dark Souls near an NPC was an accident waiting to happen, at least unless you paused.
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 20:29   Link #582
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
The triggers are the only thing I never liked about the DS3, just putting down your controller in Dark Souls near an NPC was an accident waiting to happen, at least unless you paused.
Oh god yes- this is something every dark soul player experienced
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 20:33   Link #583
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Oh god yes- this is something every dark soul player experienced
I've never done that.

But I've seen someone doing a let's play-through do that.

And it was to that Anor Londo firekeeper too, lol.
Old 2013-06-26, 20:43   Link #584
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well not specfically attacking npc, but triggering the heavy attack in general from it
Old 2013-06-26, 20:44   Link #585
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The Dual shock 3 controller did had some features I didn't like. The controller sometimes get a bit slippy when your hands are sweating a bit, I face my death several times in Call of Duty and Battlefield because of that. I never put down my controller when playing so I haven't encounter the problems that most face with the triggers. Though I feel that the triggers are fragile, 3 months in you can feel the wear and tore on the trigger. It not longer gives resistance. The analog sticks in particular requires precision fingers, if not, you'll often find yourself aiming and moving the way you do not want.

The PS4 controller looks really good and seems to fix most of the problems. Though I wish they made the controller off the same material of the PS3 slim, that material does not catch dust that much but I find that it is comfortable to touch and even when my hands were sweating, it feels good to touch still.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 21:15   Link #586
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Only shooter type games I've played on my ps3 are the dead space series and killzone 3, and for those the aiming and shooting buttons are on the bumpers, not the triggers. So I'm nowhere close to wearing down my triggers yet.

However, I hear killzone shadow fall is moving those functions from the bumpers to the triggers, and I imagine future shooter games on the ps4 will follow suite.
Old 2013-06-27, 01:20   Link #587
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The Dual shock 3 controller did had some features I didn't like. The controller sometimes get a bit slippy when your hands are sweating a bit, I face my death several times in Call of Duty and Battlefield because of that. I never put down my controller when playing so I haven't encounter the problems that most face with the triggers. Though I feel that the triggers are fragile, 3 months in you can feel the wear and tore on the trigger. It not longer gives resistance. The analog sticks in particular requires precision fingers, if not, you'll often find yourself aiming and moving the way you do not want.

The PS4 controller looks really good and seems to fix most of the problems. Though I wish they made the controller off the same material of the PS3 slim, that material does not catch dust that much but I find that it is comfortable to touch and even when my hands were sweating, it feels good to touch still.

Yes the material the DS3 really gets on my nerve I love my controller but, why the hell does it have to feel like I dropped it in oil? seriously my hands aren't that greasy but somehow my controller gets so sticky that if I throw it at my wall it might get stuck in it. Really hope the DS4's made from better materials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Only shooter type games I've played on my ps3 are the dead space series and killzone 3, and for those the aiming and shooting buttons are on the bumpers, not the triggers. So I'm nowhere close to wearing down my triggers yet.

However, I hear killzone shadow fall is moving those functions from the bumpers to the triggers, and I imagine future shooter games on the ps4 will follow suite.

I love the Killzone control scheme, for me personally it's the easiest and best one out of any FPS, even above COD's.
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:57   Link #588
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

A very interesting & honest talk about the history of the PS4's chief architect in the games industry, his personal experiences through the development of all the Playstation consoles... and what led the PS4 to what is it today under his leadership.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 01:34   Link #589
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
A very interesting & honest talk about the history of the PS4's chief architect in the games industry, his personal experiences through the development of all the Playstation consoles... and what led the PS4 to what is it today under his leadership.

I was watching this earlier and I gotta say I want him to be my teacher... seriously. I found it very inspiring and so worth it listening to his lecture imo.

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 02:59   Link #590
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Every poster on Neogaf is practically swooning over the man after watching the video

Yes, SWOONING.
Old 2013-06-28, 12:20   Link #591
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Every poster on Neogaf is practically swooning over the man after watching the video

Yes, SWOONING.
Neogaf have been swooning over Sony ever since their hashtag campaign manage to make an impact.

edit: Also, Adam Boyes, the guy who got PS4 from 4 gb to 8 gb ram and helped getting the hashtag campaign noticed within Sony reads Neogaf.

Last edited by Jazzrat; 2013-06-28 at 13:26.
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 16:21   Link #592
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Neogaf have been swooning over Sony ever since their hashtag campaign manage to make an impact.

edit: Also, Adam Boyes, the guy who got PS4 from 4 gb to 8 gb ram and helped getting the hashtag campaign noticed within Sony reads Neogaf.
They have liked Sony ever since that- But they are practically swooning over Cerny after this video And praise Yoshida quite a bit
Old 2013-06-28, 22:47   Link #593
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Thanks for posting that Cerny video. When I saw the length, I figured I'd skip it... but once I started watching it I couldn't stop. Very good stuff.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 22:59   Link #594
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

He should just be Sony's PS4 full-time PR/marketing man.
It's both fortunate and unfortunate that he's too good for that, and there simply isn't enough individuals like him.

I'd really like to see him go back and attempt to recreate that RPG game that never was. Maybe... Legend of Dragoon II?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2013-06-29, 00:39   Link #595
Shadow5YA

Very nice to see that Sony (or at least Cerny) is learning from their mistakes.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 02:27   Link #596
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
It's both fortunate and unfortunate that he's too good for that, and there simply isn't enough individuals like him.

I'd really like to see him go back and attempt to recreate that RPG game that never was. Maybe... Legend of Dragoon II?
It shows the difference between Sony and MS. Sony knows what they are talking about, Microsoft does not. I have no idea when it happened, but MS ended up forgetting that gamers are customers, and that they have to sell stuff to them to make a profit. Instead, MS just assumes that the customers aren't going anywhere, and the goal was to maximise money extraction efficiency.

As others pointed out, Sony is entirely comfortable to talk about the PS4 hardware in great detail, because they have essentially done the hard work already and is ready to present. MS however is still fudging the details, it is telling that we don't really know how Xbox1 is truly going to work, when we are only a few months from release.
Old 2013-06-29, 02:46   Link #597
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Yeah he's way too much of a genius to be stuck in a role like that, though thankfully the ps4 has allowed him to step into the forefront, man I played the shit out of Marble Madness back in the day.

The current Sony team is pretty damn good though, give a much better vibe than the sleazy suits of MS and the inept car-salesman air Reggie gives off.

Btw there is an "Sony insider" who has been posting quite a bit on neogaf threads, seems the mods trust him since they haven't banned his ass yet, seems Sony have 2 JRPG projects lined up going by what he says, also Demon Souls 2 whether under that name or another is pretty much a lock for ps4, the director of Demon and Dark Souls Hidetaka Miyazaki is in charge, he did step down from the directors chair for Dark Souls 2.... so it seems like the "B-Team" is working on that while he is cooking up a ps4 game.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 04:35   Link #598
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Microsoft PR totally dropped the ball in comparison with Sony. It seems like they are only starting to come out of their bubble with their recent changes in policy and trying to reverse the damage done. Where else Sony have been knocked from their high horse with PS3 and started reaching out to developers and consumers again.

I think it's quickly becoming unfeasible to just do the marketing talk and expect people to buy into it because how connected people are these days and someone will see past all that bullshit and communicate it to others.

People like Major Nelson and Don Mattrick are just speaking from the marketing & business side of games and it shows especially if you worked in major corporation before. Where else, people like Shuhei Yoshida and Mark Cerny came from development background and I think most hardcore gamers appreciate it better when they are spared the usual marketing buzzword and given technical information even though we don't understand most of it.
Old 2013-06-29, 04:48   Link #599
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
People like Major Nelson and Don Mattrick are just speaking from the marketing & business side of games and it shows especially if you worked in major corporation before. Where else, people like Shuhei Yoshida and Mark Cerny came from development background and I think most hardcore gamers appreciate it better when they are spared the usual marketing buzzword and given technical information even though we don't understand most of it.
Actually Don Mattrick came from a development background as well, he founded a game company at 17 years old, which got acquired by EA later.

Well, times change.

Old 2013-06-29, 04:55   Link #600
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

Nice vid. Very insightful to the start of gaming.