Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-21, 15:39   Link #21
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Are you seriously saying you dropped Mai HiME after only a few episodes? ....
Me, too. I watched the first five or six eps of Mai-HiME, and a couple of later ones, but it just left me totally cold. The characters and situations were meaningless to me. I watched the first four eps of Otome and liked the first one, but totally lost interest after that, for the same reasons. One thing I've learned on Anime Suki is how much reasonable people's tastes can differ. For instance, I love Paradise Kiss, which few people seem to watch.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 16:11   Link #22
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Me, too. I watched the first five or six eps of Mai-HiME, and a couple of later ones, but it just left me totally cold. The characters and situations were meaningless to me. I watched the first four eps of Otome and liked the first one, but totally lost interest after that, for the same reasons. One thing I've learned on Anime Suki is how much reasonable people's tastes can differ. For instance, I love Paradise Kiss, which few people seem to watch.
Yup, Paradise Kiss is another one. Tried the first episode and couldn't really deal with it, so I figure I'll wait til it's finished (if it's not licensed) and give it another go.

And I would have to add that not only do people's tastes differ (and none of us are "right" or "wrong" about what makes a good show), but that, frequently, due to life experiences or whatever, what you get out of a show may be different than what I do. For example, I can't stand Beck. But then, I've never been in a band, had a desire to be in a band, and the only music I really listen to is really dated (except the occasional anime soundtrack). But that being said, I'm always willing to give a show another shot if it has a lot of fans. As long as I don't have to wait around to like episode 20 or whatever before it starts to get good.
Old 2005-12-22, 12:16   Link #23
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Yup, Paradise Kiss is another one. Tried the first episode and couldn't really deal with it, so I figure I'll wait til it's finished (if it's not licensed) and give it another go.
Hah-
I hate high fashion, modelling, making clothes, dressing up really, art schools, and all that sort of stuff. I think its dumb and pointless.

I watched the first episode of parakisu not expecting much, or maybe at most have something to rant about it sucking so bad, just like beck did.

Instead I was entranced, and watched the first episode like 6 times in a row.
The music, the scenes, the characters. I dont know how to describe it except to say I cant
help but feel you are missing out.

Now, about lamune

Spoiler for episode 11:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 13:18   Link #24
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
I watched the first episode of parakisu not expecting much, or maybe at most have something to rant about it sucking so bad, just like beck did.

Instead I was entranced, and watched the first episode like 6 times in a row.
The music, the scenes, the characters. I dont know how to describe it except to say I cant help but feel you are missing out.
I actually _did_ watch the first episode. There're very few series I won't at least _try_. And even then, I usually will eventually give it a shot. Though I'm so far behind on Gundam lore that I just don't bother anymore with new ones. Also, I've been trying to rewatch the first episode of Mai Hime, and this seems like a completely different show than the one I didn't like. I wonder if I have it confused with something else.

FWIW, Lamune is one of the few shows I watch twice, once as a raw and then once again when it's been subbed.
Spoiler:

Every episode of Lamune leaves me with a really contented feeling, I know that there's no real way they could have stretched out this kind of show longer, but I am sorely going to miss it when it's gone.
Old 2005-12-22, 13:56   Link #25
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Also, I've been trying to rewatch the first episode of Mai Hime, and this seems like a completely different show than the one I didn't like.
Good, stick with it, it's really an excellent series
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 14:40   Link #26
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-23, 06:30   Link #27
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Thumbs up

You know, I've never posted in the previous Lamune thread or this due to lack of time available also considering the amount of anime I watch this season (I've set priorities for Canvas 2, To Heart 2, MSLN 2, DC 2....wait a minute, they're all sequels ROFL....), Shuffle, GPO, PPD, and others aren't high on my to-post list, and Lamune would've had I not been arrogant in reserving my nose for Canvas 2 and TH2 .

Me, a really big fan of Mizuiro, I've had Mizuiro 2003 avatars and sig's that sparked interest into many who laid eye's on them, time and time again I watch Mizuiro 2003 so much so I encoded it to play on my Pocket PC PDA. Portable Hiyori, and looks like I'll need to add Nanami in here as well. Now, normally I wouldn't have had deep interest in this anime other than in it for the girls , but I thought about something, the similarities that was a no-doubt-about-it on why I love the Lamune anime so much.

-Same VA for Nanami as was Hiyori
-Both girls have a boyfriend with the name "Ken" in it.
-Both girls call their respective's "Ken-chan"
-Both girls have pinkish hair
-Both girls cry
-Both girls have something special the boy has given them
-Both girls were sick at one time
-Both Ken's have identical attitude's
-Both Ken's have quite a sister
-Both series have school life in them
-Both series have a touch of laughter here and there
-Both series have memorable girls in them
-Last but not least, the one thing that is uncomparable: episode count. Mizuiro 2003, 2 episodes. Lamune, 12. You know what make me scream out loud for joy? Watching Lamune is like watching Mizuiro 2003 for 12 episodes And I'm loving every minute of it. I can't recall any of the numerous romance anime I've seen that has a couple with a relationship like Nanami x Kenji.

And about episode 11, a sad thing I wasn't surprised about it...

Spoiler for episode 11:

You know, I class this anime in my list Category: moe melts I mean, I just have to meet Yuuko-san someday, I mean wow....she plays the role very, very well.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 08:32   Link #28
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

I'd love to meet her too Her Kaede role was awesome too (she does psycho role to perfection ).
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 09:12   Link #29
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
I'd love to meet her too Her Kaede role was awesome too (she does psycho role to perfection ).
Gotou Yuuko has an extensive personal website. There are lots of photos of her under "Photo." There are some details about her in the first post in this thread.

She can draw really well. Look under "Comic" and "Illustration." Her diary is interesting and up-to-date. Her most recent entry is entitled "And I'm a Buddhist..." and talks about getting brown color contact lenses to help prevent red-eye in photos of her, but having to take them out because it was so dry in the studio and her eyes hurt, so it was a choice between red-eye and red eyes. She says she's been really busy and looks forward to having the 24th off.

I still can't get over the fact that with her sweet little voice, some of her interests are drinking, motorcycles and watching fighting sports.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2005-12-23 at 09:31.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 15:47   Link #30
Devil Doll
My name? But my name is..

I had planned to post more in this thread after Suzuka has finished, but I won't be able to understand enough about the raw version, so if the discussions here will be based on these I'd be always a month behind and probably be spoiled about some later episodes already.
Having said that, I am optimistic about liking this series after watching three episodes. I can only take so much drama at a time, and although I am not a comedy fan Lamune seems to be a good alternative without getting overly silly or even ecchi. (Ajimu Kaigan Monogatari comes to my mind.) The pace seems slow to me so far but that's fine, the characters have to get more substance before the story can unfold.

As for Mai Hime, I watched the first half of if but somehow put the project on hold after that and didn't restart it so far (despite being informed about a forthcoming change of tone for this story that might be of my liking). The problem with this series is that the scenario requires a large number of character to play certain roles, thus making many of these not really important. I prefer a focus on a smaller and better developed cast, like Iriya no Sora, Suzuka, Ajimu or Kanon would provide it. So Lamune being focussed on two leads at the start, then introducing alternatives for the harem scenario, looks like a good bet for me.
Devil Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 18:24   Link #31
mangatron

Well, I had originally thought I was prepared for an episode like this, but I have to admit, it's anime like this that re-surfaces my past...

Spoiler for episode 12, do not read if you want to watch for yourself:

I'd also like to note, for those of you who didn't have much of a past, or those of you who don't feel for life situations as a hardend person as myself, I would like to say, this series is not for you. Seriously, if you have not had a situation in your life that one of Lamune's 12 episodes portrayed, then you cannot come to realize how much I am moved by this series. This was a series where I could sit down, relax, and laugh and smile at the perfect couple that Nanami and Kenji were. This anime will now grace my list of favorites, and yes, it is alone on the top list of "anime that moved me most".

Again, I want to thank nekoneko soft for creating Lamune, the girls of Lamune, and for creating a male character that obviously stands out among the crowd of game to anime male characters. Again, thank you Nekoneko soft, and, I look forward to the day when Yuuko-san and Nekoneko soft work together again, on a girl that I can only dream about.
Old 2005-12-26, 22:14   Link #32
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Agree with Mangatron.

It's a show that didn't try to sell or pretend to have a plot, so there was no false expectation. The series just happened episode by episode. Episode 12 is a delightfully fitting end to this series. Also, after Kaede/Nanami performance I think it is safe to say I have become a fan of the Seiyuu. Hopefully, she will be voicing more of my soon to be favorite female characters.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 22:50   Link #33
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Agree with Mangatron.

It's a show that didn't try to sell or pretend to have a plot, so there was no false expectation. The series just happened episode by episode. Episode 12 is a delightfully fitting end to this series.
You know, your right. When I first watched this series, I noticed something the moment it began: it started with a scene of the main characters in their younger years. Mizuiro 2003 started like that, and at that moment, I knew I would love this series. You see, Mizuiro 2003 was only 2 episodes, I wanted more, yeah, but it got me thinking, and I thought I know this isn't going to be the last time I enjoy something from NekoNeko soft. It's no wonder why I love Lamune; I wasn't expecting anything from it. I wasn't expecting hardcore stories of each of the characters backgrounds, I wasn't expecting some action of all things , I set out to do the most important thing I do when I watch anime: I don't expect anything, and I enjoy what I see.

Lamune flowed well to my opinion, the fact that it didn't slow down at times and the fact that only the end was a to be continued, that proves that it was a surprise the next episode again and again. Now this all makes me want to line up all NekoNeko soft games and see what's next
Old 2005-12-26, 22:51   Link #34
Srin Tuar
無謀

Spoiler for and so it ends:
Old 2005-12-26, 23:43   Link #35
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Loved it. It was so touching in so many ways. I think this might end up being my favorite anime series out of this season (though I still have to see how Canvas2 and Shakugan no Shana end I suppose to say so). I know a lot of people thought it was too slow and nothing happened, but I thought it was wonderfully put together. Light on plot, heavy on character and theme (just the way I like things), and never felt too rushed (which is my most common complaint with anime series, too slow in the first half, too fast in the second). Lamune stuck to it's strengths and I have to admit I'm also looking forward to whatever Nekoneko soft game gets adapted next.
Old 2005-12-27, 01:07   Link #36
nite0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Spoiler for and so it ends:
Summed up my thoughts exactly.
nite0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 02:08   Link #37
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I enjoy watching Lamune so far since it has the same slow pace like To Heart had and I really liked that. I thought straight off that Nanami was going to be another clutzy girl but in fact she's not. The scenes where it show Kenji and Nanami talking to each other when they were kids were entertaining and adorable. I look forward to see the rest of the anime.
Old 2005-12-28, 18:41   Link #38
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
onley 12 episodes *crying* ^^
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 19:10   Link #39
Abbott
Munior Jember

Here's hoping for a lovey dovey filled OVA
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 20:34   Link #40
bigae

bigae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, nekoneko, picture magic, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, visual novel adaptation