AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-28, 07:10   Link #121
Creangeru
posting in a retarded way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
[...]
And about the next chapter, I prefer not to make speculations, even if the chances are pretty limited:

- Priscilla heading against the Destroyer to kill it (maybe she's been feeding to regain strenght enough to beat it) and pwning a rampaging Clare trying to get in the way.
- Priscilla pwning Clare, killing (and eating) Helen and Deneve and then resuming her way to the Destroyer.

The first option supposes Priscilla is going against the Destroyer and the three ghosts are just in the way. The second, and what I fear most, is Priscilla wanting to feed 'a little more' before confronting the tweenie monster. Clare has no chance of winning anyhow.

Oh crap, I've ended making speculations after all
Or Priscilla wiping the Island as clean as she can and then begin "The Great Island War formerly known as Claymore without Claymores and their respective weapons".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eyFiClAzq8
with R.E.M. making a contribution.
Old 2009-12-28, 07:17   Link #122
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Okay so we have thus:

Pricilla vs. Clare/Devene/Helen vs. 100 Kittens

So the question is. Will she take her time with them? Will Clare and the others retreat? Will Pricilla continue to search for Raki? (It doesn't look like she is in a hurry or interested this chapter... But few chapters ago, she said not to get in her way to Beth-Kitten)

OH CHRIST WHAT IS THIS?
Old 2009-12-28, 07:27   Link #123
Newhope

The way the scene changed from where Riful and Dauf to where Claire is without showing Riful been ripped to shreds leaves me with the feeling Riful may be still alive even though the chance is slim.
Old 2009-12-28, 07:42   Link #124
Newhope

I think it's a case of she can't be bothered fighting they where no threat to her and she knew it, I think she would have left Riful alone if she hadn't meet them before.

And to be honest I don't think she give's a damn about the Destroyer my bets is she's more in interested in the 3 claymores.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:02   Link #125
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Lol Merry Chirsmats everyone.
It's nice to have a chapter earlier but that means we'll have to wait for the next one more. Since the next one is the 100th will we get some bonus material in it? Anyways the timing is nice - one of the major plotlines would reach it's climax in the 100th chapter....
So what happened in this chapter? I don't know about you guys but I don't like how many of the strongest characters around got killed...more like completely slaughtered... in a couple of chapters. Ok Alicia an Beth were killed to reinforce the image of Prissy being the most powerfull being alive and I'm sure the MiB have something planned as backup for this sort of scenario but Riful too? I mean that was really sudden and I don't think it was even needed at that point. It didn't actually show anything except the fact that Prissy is hungry and that she killed the people in the village which wasn't really that hard to guess.
Riful had too much development in my opinion to get killed in 2 pages because someone was hungry.

And so it comes down to something that seems like the ultimate showdown. The only question is why now? Just after reinforcing the point that Prissy is so powerfull even the Destroyer's hell cats, that took over an AO level claymore without a problem, couldn't even give her any sort of trouble and she wiped out 2 AOs without even breaking a sweat ot top of that she didn't even consider them oponents, having a showdown with clare is just wierd.
I don't see how Clare could even touch Prissy at this point. Sure she got all sorts of power ups in recent times + the 7 year training and full yoki release (probably) but after all we've seen I just can't image how a sudden powerup could be made to look reasonable and natural.
I think clare is the only one who would stand a chance against priscilla. If she remembers clare's yoki she will remember her own waterloo and the only person who could gave her a taste of true despair. I honestly fear especially for helen and deneve's life. IMO priscilla only wants to feed and therefore those three will have to fight. But for helen and deneve it is absolutely impossible to do anything against priscilla. Clare has to go all out on the spot this is probably the only thing what could save helen and deneve now from getting eaten by priscilla. She has a chance because we know from rafaella that there could be even massive amounts of yoki hidden in the depth of some being. It is possible that huge amounts of theresa's power have survived hidden in the depth of clare's being.

Quote:
Another part confusing me is Prissy's youki suppression skill. When did she turn it off? She was felt by Clare and Riful, which shouldn't be possible as it isn't a "active" skill needing to be turned on and off. And she wasn't in AB form, too. Could anyone explain it to me?
She regenerated her limbs and other parts during the fight against beth. Beth often stabbed her with her tentacles or cut her. So she had to heal those injuries with yoki release i think.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:12   Link #126
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was way too short. Ouch. A total tease.

• I had some hope that Priscilla would become a good guy, that she would have redemption, but I was so, so, so very mistaken. She ate all of those villagers and was still hungry. I guess she is a monster, nothing but.

• I don't like how Clare knows her youki though. She was a human, since when do humans recognize youki?

I want to know more about Raki & Priscilla's time together and what exactly happened in that town.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:18   Link #127
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

There are people who have this sixth sense. Probably clare is one of them and considering priscilla's massive amount of yoki this isn't that far fetched but inconvenient.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:27   Link #128
MichaelAngelo

Smile

Halloween for the AOs and Claymore, Media Noche for Priscilla!

For sure Priscilla's gonna recognize the Teresa aura that pawned her a long time ago? But like what she said to Riful' "It's bothering me, your youki, have we met somewhere before?" but since Clare has preemptive perception, she would dodge being snuck in the stomach and ripped open of guts^^

Now Helen and Deneve were doomed. Then best friend Miria comes and joined the fight against EX+ times more powerful than the six-armed AB of the slashers arc.

But I do have a question. Is Priscilla's destination really towards Raciella? Or that along with the enormous youki of Raciella she also sensed Teresa's in Clare and that would have triggered her to come to that direction to regain 'what she was before Raki's scent?" She was monster before, yes, but she became because of trying to outmatch Teresa which she couldn't. And her memories if I understood it, was trying to be retrieved by Yagi through some sort of coincidences, of meeting somebody, etc.

Anyway, I think the showdown's on the next chapter. Well, Clare better show off what powers you've been donated with to pawn Priscilla. Or else Priscilla will be on stage to be sent to the Dragon land.^^

O, and that 'big mistake' thing of Rafaela, isn't it that's 'meeting Priscilla' on a head-on combat?
Old 2009-12-28, 09:46   Link #129
Newhope

Claire won't pawn Priscilla if anything she's going to be eating dirt again it's long over due.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:48   Link #130
Creangeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo View Post
Halloween for the AOs and Claymore, Media Noche for Priscilla!

For sure Priscilla's gonna recognize the Teresa aura that pawned her a long time ago? But like what she said to Riful' "It's bothering me, your youki, have we met somewhere before?" but since Clare has preemptive perception, she would dodge being snuck in the stomach and ripped open of guts^^
You are being mistaken about your preemptive perception part. She may know where she will strike, but there are two fatal flaws to this technique.
First: She can't judge the direction. if there is too much youki coming from one source. Much like Teresa.
Second: For someone, who stopped Alicia's charge with one hand, a being capable of evading the Destroyer's projectiles. her attack must be really fast. There is just no way poor Clare can evade such a fast move, even if she senses it.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:48   Link #131
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Clare predicting the poles, exactly their flight path, now that's something, a very much Teresa like attribute. And also, the fight of the millennium is going to begin. This is going to be the longest month for me.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:50   Link #132
MichaelAngelo

"You're making a big mistake." Clare has to pawn Priscilla to regain Teresa's honor and for the manga's resolve. Well, maybe not sooner, but later.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:56   Link #133
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Scenario A)

Priscilla to Clare : Hmm You smell like that boy...
Clare : !!!
Priscilla : He's mine. You can't have him, I'll kill you. *eats clare* Claymore ends at chapter 100 in the most anti climactic way.
Old 2009-12-28, 09:59   Link #134
MichaelAngelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creangeru View Post
You are being mistaken about your preemptive perception part. She may know where she will strike, but there are two fatal flaws to this technique.
First: She can't judge the direction. if there is too much youki coming from one source. Much like Teresa.
Second: For someone, who stopped Alicia's charge with one hand, a being capable of evading the Destroyer's projectiles. her attack must be really fast. There is just no way poor Clare can evade such a fast move, even if she senses it.
O, did I. (1) Raciella's projectiles have youki and they were enormous. How come she was able predict where they were located? (2) Priscilla wasn't evading, she was too powerful to smash every projectile then why bother to evade? (3) Priscilla doesn't need release too much youki, that only happened when she either powers up (like the one when she awakened) or (when she heals). (3) Have u judged enough of Clare's development since Pieta? Most of them were hidden for letting a surprise.
Old 2009-12-28, 10:02   Link #135
MichaelAngelo

And oh, Alicia was too huge to move faster than a petite Priscilla.
Old 2009-12-28, 10:02   Link #136
Joned
Banned

I do believe priscilla/clare's confrontation will be interrupted by raciela full eruption
No it wont end in chapter 100...remember raki? he stills has to show up somehow...prolly in super sayan mode
Old 2009-12-28, 10:05   Link #137
MichaelAngelo

Of course it won't end at chapter 100. The confrontation is like 'Hey, I want to get to know you bettter Clare, but for now, Raciella will be my dessert and not you because Raki's gonna get mad at me."
Old 2009-12-28, 10:08   Link #138
Newhope

Even Teresa couldn't read Priscilla's moves so I highly doubt Claire will be able too.

This is what will happen in a Claire vs Priscilla's fight.

Old 2009-12-28, 10:12   Link #139
MichaelAngelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Even Teresa couldn't read Priscilla's moves so I highly doubt Claire will be able too.

This is what will happen in a Claire vs Priscilla's fight.

SOmething like that! *rofl* Then Clare would be eating dirt again. She was long overdue with it. She's now recovering.
Old 2009-12-28, 10:22   Link #140
Creangeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo View Post
O, did I. (1) Raciella's projectiles have youki and they were enormous. How come she was able predict where they were located? (2) Priscilla wasn't evading, she was too powerful to smash every projectile then why bother to evade? (3) Priscilla doesn't need release too much youki, that only happened when she either powers up (like the one when she awakened) or (when she heals). (3) Have u judged enough of Clare's development since Pieta? Most of them were hidden for letting a surprise.
About (1): My choice of words were poorly done. I meant the minuscule details of her movings. Her arm and leg movement. Clare was able to predict the projectiles, because they had only one direction. Flying towards their designated target in one straight line.

About (2): I meant Alicia evading the projectiles not Prissy.

About (3): Sorry, didn't consider this in my argument. You're right.

About (3'): I did consider this, but my opinion is and was a being with the capabilities of Priscilla ... no matter how much Clare powered up since Pieta she can't defeat her.
We aren't speaking about Ophelia's defeat with a borrowed arm. We are speaking about Priscilla. Please consider Clare was confident enough to fight with Riful, when they came from their 7 Years Pieta trip and she isn't the Yuma kind with blabbering about swords standing still and such.
I won't deny the growth of the Fab 7, but it seems Prissy's showing off didn't leave the same impression on you as she did on me.
And I hate that f%$@ing AB-girl.
Closed Thread