AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-04, 17:48   Link #21
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
I've gotten just past the part where you get Clare as well. I'm having a hard time in the cave just after that part though. Mabye somebody can make a walkthrough, it would help a lot.
Old 2008-03-04, 18:09   Link #22
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Is the RPG fun? How can you guys play it even though you can't read it... (I would be discouraged unless I knew that there was some way of getting it in english).
Old 2008-03-04, 18:21   Link #23
hell88
Banned

The game only became fun for me when I started to make really good guesses at what was going on. Mabye theres a way that it can be translated to english, I'm trying to figure a way how, it would make it a whole lot easier. XD
Old 2008-03-04, 18:29   Link #24
HelloMrBrahms
Faint Smile victim

Send a message via AIM to HelloMrBrahms
I started playing this and ... well... I seem to be dying. very, very quickly. T_T;;; ... either this game is exceptionally difficult or I am missing something ...
Old 2008-03-04, 18:35   Link #25
hell88
Banned

Hmmmm this should all probably be in a different thread lol. Yeah I was dying very quickly too, then I started to look around at everything in the character stats and started doing everything that was in there, it seems that jar with the blue liquid is a potoin and you can use that in battle to give you your health back. I find that Clare is dying to easily though.
Old 2008-03-04, 18:51   Link #26
Exar Kun
The Abyssal Sith Lord

The fun that you get from the game is directly proportional to your claymore fanatism. If the fanatism level is high enough, you don't really care what's written in the game (the text just helps using the interface). It's really quite fun, when you have to figure out things that usually in such games in English are obvious.

As for, who should play this game... Any Claymore fan (especially the ones who like RPG... it helps understanding the game despite the Chinese). It is also advised that the person who plays it is patient... very patient

Some things I've figured out, just to get you started:
- the stats under the image are as you probably already know Health and Yoki
- when the fight begins we must choose, whether we fight or escape (since at the begining we are doing a job we can't escape)
- when we choose to fight we've got: Attack; Use Yoki; Regenerate Yoki, Use Item
- the Yoki uses are: Heal (the one with green dots that costs 100 yoki), the others I havent figured out yet
- as for the items that we get: blue vials - regenerate health, red vials - regenerate yoki, apple - regenerate health and yoki, the rest are still a mystery to me
- during each turn of the fight it's randomly decieded who moves first, so watch out, as the enemy may slash you before you can heal
- check all the closets, drawers, desks, jars, baskets, boxes, chests and so on
- when you press 'x' you can sequentially access: items, yoki uses, worn items (swords, armors, etc.), something that has also something to do with our worn items, saving, different methods of quiting the game , another mysterious tab, character descriptions
- in the village we usually have got two choices when talking with the folks there, first one is like saying: "You're a human", and the second: "You're a Yoma". If we guess correctly if a person is a yoma or a human we either not offend the human/fight the yoma or offend the human (which probably results in less payment for the job)/leave the yoma alone... anyways it's easy to recognize yoma, figure out this part by yourselves

That's all I've figured out for now. If I've got something wrong (which is likely) or if you've got things to add, please share.

BTW.
I think this discussion should be moved from here, we're starting to generate quite an off-topic.
Old 2008-03-04, 19:01   Link #27
hell88
Banned

Yeah this is way off topic well all that pretty much somes it up. When in the village usually the people that are coloured different (green,blue,purple) there yoma. When you in the cave there are four of these pink orbs, whenever you go up to one and press space bar you fight these really strong yoma. So far I've beaten 2 of them, but the other two are really powerful. And yeah my claymore fanatism is pretty high.
Old 2008-03-04, 19:07   Link #28
HelloMrBrahms
Faint Smile victim

Send a message via AIM to HelloMrBrahms
Nevermind. I've been playing some more and it's actually very easy ... almost too easy. haha. the rate at which you power up when you go up a level is ... almost too much. haha

I can feel myself getting insanely hooked. T_T;

yeah, I agree ... new thread for this ... ;|
Old 2008-03-04, 19:08   Link #29
Exar Kun
The Abyssal Sith Lord

Let's not write about thing like how to recognize yoma, where to go, who to talk with, or what to get because that has nothing to do with not understanding Chinese or game mechanics, it just ruins the fun of figuring some things out by ourselves.

Edit:
I've made a request to make a new thread for this, or at least move this discussion somewhere. We'll probably all get banned for this anyways

Last edited by Exar Kun; 2008-03-04 at 19:12. Reason: Addendum
Old 2008-03-04, 19:09   Link #30
hell88
Banned

Yeah your right, but I just found out that Clare makes great cannon-fodder for Teresa. Lmao
Old 2008-03-04, 19:42   Link #31
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exar Kun View Post
Let's not write about thing like how to recognize yoma, where to go, who to talk with, or what to get because that has nothing to do with not understanding Chinese or game mechanics, it just ruins the fun of figuring some things out by ourselves.

Edit:
I've made a request to make a new thread for this, or at least move this discussion somewhere. We'll probably all get banned for this anyways
Banned, well I don't want that I like it here.
Old 2008-03-04, 20:12   Link #32
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
If you guys can find a new thread, I can help a bit in translation. Only problem is that even on my browser, I can't see any text. But a Claymore game in Mandarin... should be fun.
Old 2008-03-05, 00:06   Link #33
Jonova
JoJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exar Kun View Post
As for, who should play this game... Any Claymore fan (especially the ones who like RPG... it helps understanding the game despite the Chinese). It is also advised that the person who plays it is patient... very patient
I have finished the game before but unfortunately I don't have the game around anymore so I will try answer whatever I can remember. (I am Chinese so reading the text is no problem for me

I am assuming you are playing the Teresa/Clare game. (which is the first game in the series, theres a second game with our beloved fab 4 hunting male awaken being, and a thrid game with Irene. The last game is still WIP i think)

The plots roughly starts with Teresa doing jobs from the org, then meets/saves Clare, and ends when Teresa kills the bandits to save Clare once again.

Quote:
- the Yoki uses are: Heal (the one with green dots that costs 100 yoki), the others I havent figured out yet
The other one is release 10% yoki (all stats + 10%) for Teresa(you will see Teresa's avatar flashing red when use), and theres one special attack later on. ( now i think of it, there is one rez spell too, don't remember the position tho.)

For Clare (yes she does fight >_<), you will have one special attack, one selfbuff that increases stats and one selfheal.

Quote:
- as for the items that we get: blue vials - regenerate health, red vials - regenerate yoki, apple - regenerate health and yoki, the rest are still a mystery to me
when you finish the first job, talk to the elder in the middle of town and he will give you one item that increases max hp when eaten. other than that, all the items are for regeneration hp/mp i think.

Quote:
- when you press 'x' you can sequentially access: items, yoki uses, worn items (swords, armors, etc.), something that has also something to do with our worn items, saving, different methods of quiting the game , another mysterious tab, character descriptions
There is one tab that is used to allocate stats points after lvl up, there are alot options to add but the stats comes down to 4:
Str
End
Agi
Int
you can see your stats on the right plane(with the order listed before)
the stats effect are:
str = melee attack damage
end = hp
agi = dodge and crit rate
int = mp and yoki special attack damage

that's all i can think of now, hope it helps

Last edited by Jonova; 2008-03-05 at 00:59.
Old 2008-03-05, 10:47   Link #34
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonova View Post
I have finished the game before but unfortunately I don't have the game around anymore so I will try answer whatever I can remember. (I am Chinese so reading the text is no problem for me

I am assuming you are playing the Teresa/Clare game. (which is the first game in the series, theres a second game with our beloved fab 4 hunting male awaken being, and a thrid game with Irene. The last game is still WIP i think)

The plots roughly starts with Teresa doing jobs from the org, then meets/saves Clare, and ends when Teresa kills the bandits to save Clare once again.

The other one is release 10% yoki (all stats + 10%) for Teresa(you will see Teresa's avatar flashing red when use), and theres one special attack later on. ( now i think of it, there is one rez spell too, don't remember the position tho.)

For Clare (yes she does fight >_<), you will have one special attack, one selfbuff that increases stats and one selfheal.

when you finish the first job, talk to the elder in the middle of town and he will give you one item that increases max hp when eaten. other than that, all the items are for regeneration hp/mp i think.

There is one tab that is used to allocate stats points after lvl up, there are alot options to add but the stats comes down to 4:
Str
End
Agi
Int
the stats effect are:
end = hp

that's all i can think of now, hope it helps
Do you have the links to those other games, If you do could you post them? I wouldn't mind playing those ones either.

Thanks for the stat help, before I knew they could be used I was dying every 6 or so battles.

Last edited by hell88; 2008-03-05 at 13:41.
Old 2008-03-05, 14:43   Link #35
Exar Kun
The Abyssal Sith Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonova View Post
Str
End
Agi
Int
the stats effect are:
end = hp
Thanks to what you've written I've figured out where those stats are and how to deal with them (or at least I think so).

First of all, the tab you're reffering to is the one before last. When you level up, you get 3 points which you can use to upgrade your stats. To do that you enter that tab and choose from the following:
1) HP +15, YP +10, STR -1, END -1, AGI -1, INT -1
2) HP +2, YP +2, STR +5, END +1, AGI +1
3) HP +3, YP +2, STR +1, END +5, AGI +1
4) HP +3, YP +2, STR +1, END +1, AGI +5
5) HP +1, YP +10, STR -5, END -1, AGI -1, INT +10
6) Save changes
7) Undo changes

---------------------------

As for the game itself it seems rather easy so far and what concerns me more, a bit illogical.

Clare (level 9, but still a little girl) can easily defeat 3 yoma all by herself (next Miata, or what??), while Teresa (level 11) still can't kill a normal yoma with one cut (without the critical).

Anyways, I'm in the cave now 'pwning some yoma
Old 2008-03-05, 14:51   Link #36
hell88
Banned

Well.... I beat it. Wasn't long enouph but pretty fun. I would like to play those other two that Jonova was talking about.
Old 2008-03-05, 16:47   Link #37
Exar Kun
The Abyssal Sith Lord

Same here, the game was too easy. Teresa's yoki abilities (except for the healing one) were pretty much useless, while Clare's yoki attack was almost as powerful as Teresa's normal one.

Still the game was done pretty well, especially from the graphics-pictures part. The mucic was nice in the begining (Claymore OST after all), but I myself decided to upgrade it a bit, and played the whole OST in the background along with the Intimate Persona. So when Teresa was leaving Clare in the village it so turned out (randomly... serious), that I was just hearing Tensei by Romi Paku, and now knowing it's lyrics (thanks to eregon) I was like... wow... (even though I had no clue whatsoever what were the game characters saying).

Can't wait for the other parts of the game
Old 2008-03-05, 17:06   Link #38
hell88
Banned

I think in the other game where you are Irene, its basically her side of the Teresa arc I think.

I'm thinking about making my own claymore game, and in english. If I do and it turns out good I'll put it up here.

Last edited by hell88; 2008-03-05 at 17:18.
Old 2008-03-05, 18:37   Link #39
Exar Kun
The Abyssal Sith Lord

Btw. When you were at the house with two children (in the first village), there was a picture of Irene there and after Teresa looked at the picture she talked about something with the girl that lived there. I wonder what was that all about.

Looking forward to your game hell88
Old 2008-03-05, 18:40   Link #40
hell88
Banned

I saw that picture as well. Mabye the girl was saying she knew Irene somehow. Within the next week or so I am going to very busy so it might take awile to make the game the way I want to make it. I'm going to try to make it long, and more of an alternate universe. Hey mabye I'll have my favourite character Jean live.
Closed Thread