AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-12, 02:35   Link #441
Westlo
Lets be reality

Is this released on Bluray as well? Because if it's just dvd than it bombed hard... coming 15th for anime dvds in a very slow week...

*2, 3,149 1,018,845 My Neighbor Totoro
*3, *,*** *,***,*** Katanagatari vol.5 Limited Edition
15, *,*** *,***,*** Seitokai Yakuindomo vol.1 Limited Edition DVD

Shame if that is the case.. would've loved a second season sometime next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm not crazy about Satomi Arai (Hata) in any context, including this one. but I agree that Chiaki Omigawa (Jun in Natsu no Arashi, Maka in Soul Eater) is doing a great job as Mitsuba. Her work has really grown on me, and Mitsuba is easily my favorite character in this show.
Honestly can't stand Satomi Arai period At least in this one she's more bearable in normal but I really can't see the appeal of her typical voice. Chiaki Omigawa otoh I'm starting to enjoy more and more, she was pretty bad when she started Soul Eater but unlike another VA voicing a main herione from around that period she improved throughout.

It also seems that Shinbo/SHAFT have taken quite a liking to her, Jun in the two Natsu no Arashi! series, Nazuna in the latest season of Hidamari Sketch, P-ko in Arakawa and now the lead role for SHAFTs next series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 03:07   Link #442
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Why can't this show enjoy the freakishly gigantic Working!! support?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 04:53   Link #443
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Next to zero character development, rapid-fire gags.... I had to adapt to this show too.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 11:30   Link #444
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Why can't this show enjoy the freakishly gigantic Working!! support?
Its a lot like Working!! in format.... but its not Working! in content/story. Working!! hits a core tab of current day life for many 20-somethings: people working in a restaurant and their goofy coworkers. The underlying premise is "seinen", so to speak. Seitokai Yakuindomo is being published in a "shonen" magazine and that may be affecting the audience who would take a look (in Japan). Japanese audiences can be pretty rigid about watching/reading the "right" (for their demographic) publishing houses.

I find both series pretty funny, but for different reasons. To me, this is one of those works that got picked up by the "wrong" publishing demographic but the humor lays in the overlap between "shounen" and "seinen".
Old 2010-08-12, 12:01   Link #445
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I kind of think the feminine hygiene jokes might turn some guys off to the series . The characters in Working!! also seem to be more relatable than the 3 supergirls in the student council and the somewhat flat tsukkomi brother character.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 12:10   Link #446
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Is this released on Bluray as well?
One click to the official website, and the answer to the question can be found~
In other words, yes.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 18:32   Link #447
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its a lot like Working!! in format.... but its not Working! in content/story. Working!! hits a core tab of current day life for many 20-somethings: people working in a restaurant and their goofy coworkers. The underlying premise is "seinen", so to speak. Seitokai Yakuindomo is being published in a "shonen" magazine and that may be affecting the audience who would take a look (in Japan). Japanese audiences can be pretty rigid about watching/reading the "right" (for their demographic) publishing houses.

I find both series pretty funny, but for different reasons. To me, this is one of those works that got picked up by the "wrong" publishing demographic but the humor lays in the overlap between "shounen" and "seinen".
Perhaps so.

It boggles my mind as to how the Seinen shows can sometimes beat Shonen stuff. It boggled my mind in the 90's and it still does.. Shows the variety of demographics I guess.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 12:32   Link #448
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-6139.html
DVD/BD sales. Total of 4500 area.
Which is pretty good.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-08-13, 22:47   Link #449
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Bleh, looking at cdjapan's website, it looks as if the ED and other music is going to be released as a bonus in the DVD/Bluray sets. next CD looks to be around 8/25 included with the release.
Old 2010-08-14, 09:54   Link #450
Westlo
Lets be reality

Good to see the sales were at around 4.5k, Himari turned a profit with sales of 3k...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Weekly Shounen Magazine kinda is in that overlap, well at least a good amount of series.. it's demographics has a large amount of male high school or college students.

As you can see here.

http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/02/15/...y-readerships/

Weekly Shounen Jump

Average circulation: 2,790,000

Age 6~8: 1.0%
Age 9~11: 21.8%
Age 12~14: 40.1%
Age 16~17: 23.5%
Age 18~50 and above: 13.6%

Weekly Shounen Magazine

Average circulation: 1,770,000

Age 12~14: 4.0%
Age 15~19: 14.3%
Age 20~24: 18.0%
Age 25~29: 21.7%
Age 30~34: 16.4%
Age 35 and above: 25.6%
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 13:19   Link #451
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for SYD 07 - "Art in the eye of the photographer":
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 14:02   Link #452
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yeah. Another fun episode that was over before I realized it. And thanks to serenade_beta for the link to sales figures. Happy story.

But checking down the page to see that the outstanding Saraiya Goyou was dead last in sales for spring shows listed makes me feel once again that sales figures are not always a good guide to quality. Although they are in the case of Bakemonogatari's triumphs, lol.

Interesting that female-audience bishounen shows like Hakuouki and Hetalia are doing pretty well. Also striking that Mayoi Neko is doing a lot better than I expected, coming in ahead of Ikkitousen, Arakawa, and Dai Maou.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 15:09   Link #453
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep7:

Old 2010-08-16, 09:56   Link #454
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 07:
Old 2010-08-16, 09:58   Link #455
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
rapid-fire gags....
Reason why I'll skip this.

having random jokes and gags is good, but this show is too random.
Old 2010-08-16, 10:11   Link #456
ZODDGUTS

This show is awesome, that's what.

Thankfully, Gohands hasn't screwed up the animation in this series like they did in Princess Lover where things really went to the crapper after the 6th ep. Were already in ep 7 and things are still looking good.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 10:20   Link #457
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
but this show is too random.
It's far from random. The jokes are all the same theme.
Old 2010-08-16, 13:00   Link #458
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Are the sumisora subs any good? I always watched Ayako's version..
Old 2010-08-16, 13:22   Link #459
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It really depends from sketch to sketch (even within the same episode) which fansubber is doing it "better" ... I've been watching several subs and there are some significantly different ways of handling the same dialog in each one.

In the end, you'll just have to test them out.
Old 2010-08-16, 13:42   Link #460
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Argh, I picked a sub where none of the jokes made sense and they even got mixed bath as engagement (though there was one place it worked.. I think).

Anyway, Shino grinding on the dolphin was hilarious and so was the girls snooping around in the bath (whatever the pun was). Suzu looked quite pretty at times too.

:waits for Ayako subs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's far from random. The jokes are all the same theme.
I guess we're more used to comedies where they gradually build up to the punch line and the aftermath is not just a one-liner tsukkomi. Nevertheless, this show is fun in it's own way, especially now that there's more variety in characters and settings.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen