AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2012-06-27, 09:36   Link #1601
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know if I'm late to the party or not, but I've just finished the Haganai Drama CD and I got to say... BEST AUDIO DRAMA EVER !

If you haven't listened to it yet do it now! There's an English sub out there on youtube already, if you actually need a reason to do so I've got three words- Eroge Voice Acting.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 10:33   Link #1602
Raviel

Watching that drama CD was a freaking laugh trip, it totally made my day XD

I wish they'ed animate it, also I loved some of the character/seiyuu jokes for Maria and Kobato. The Yozora = Claire scene had to be one of the funniest things I've seen in anime for a while which is a refreshing change of scenery considering I just finished watching Fate/Zero a few days ago
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 13:11   Link #1603
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

That drama CD was utterly hilarious. They were right to suspect Rika of something, yet they followed along nonetheless.

Kodaka, you (un)lucky fellow.
Old 2012-07-03, 13:38   Link #1604
mironicus

Are there any hints that a second season of the anime will start in the near future? There is an OVA coming and the release date at the end of September somehow gives me hopes that a second season could follow in Fall 2012 (October). The BD sales are very good and even series with much lower sales already have second seasons airing now.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 14:45   Link #1605
l.kostas

Sometimes, when the BDs of an anime get released, they add an extra episode at the last disc. That's what the OVA is about. It doesn't mean they are preparing a second season. If they make one now what would be the ending?
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 15:59   Link #1606
Miraluka
Banned

The festival school could be a good closure for the anime, of course they'll have to skip some stories like they did for first season.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 23:24   Link #1607
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
OVA PV:

Old 2012-07-19, 09:09   Link #1608
mironicus

Looking at the OVA preview I just wondered again how differently the authors are working out the LN, Manga and Anime. In the original manga everything appeals to be funny thanks to the exaggerated comical expressions, even those abusing scenes from Yozora on the beach in chapter 25. I wonder how Itachi will things work out if the story gets more serious and everything starts to backfire on Yozora.

In the Anime all those sarcastic and insulting comments from Kodaka as narrator were left out, and also some more evil traits from the characters. Everything was toned down - on the other hand this makes Yozora's anti-social behaviour stand out even more.

Looking at the scene 00:32 - Yozora threats Sena. The sound of the flyswatter is enough for Sena to close her eyes and to tremble like a kid that is about to be punished. This is a good example how Yozora tries to control everyone just with fear.

This is something where some animated pictures describe things better then just pure text.
Old 2012-07-19, 21:38   Link #1609
Sumeragi
Banned

I think it's just Sena being oversensitive. I mean really, trembling because of a flyswatter? Just what kind of anti-social girl was Sena in the first place?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 22:40   Link #1610
potchip

Edited for correctness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Looking at the scene 00:32 - Yozora treats Sena. The sound of the flyswatter is enough for Sena to close her eyes and to tremble like a kid that is about to open a surprise present. This is a good example how Yozora tries to satisfy Sena's more base needs.

This is something where some animated pictures describe things better then just pure text.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 22:52   Link #1611
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Edited for correctness.
Both of your (mis-)interpretations of the story disturb me greatly.
Old 2012-07-20, 01:35   Link #1612
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Both of your (mis-)interpretations of the story disturb me greatly.
Does that include me?
Old 2012-07-20, 02:52   Link #1613
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I think it's just Sena being oversensitive. I mean really, trembling because of a flyswatter? Just what kind of anti-social girl was Sena in the first place?
I you watch the series think about all the beat downs with that flyswatter she has gotten. I think its Episode 6 . If I that happen to me I would be scared.

Ps I am inclined to believe what you say @mironicus
Old 2012-07-20, 02:54   Link #1614
mironicus

Sena is used to be smitten by Yozora with her flyswatter randomly and unexpected. Of course she fears that. She reacts just like a child that expects to be punished. She became over-sensitive because of fear. This is the way Yozora controls the others and why no one ever - even Kodaka has started to rebel against her because of the fear in getting into trouble with her.

Kodaka tries to get along with anyone, so he does not interfere even though it may be hard to endure sometimes.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-20 at 08:37.
Old 2012-07-20, 03:21   Link #1615
Johnny
Working the bags...

How can she be trembling in fear when 9 times out of 10 she's off in lala land drooling over Kobato when getting smacked...?

Not sure what your reading with all the Yozora controlling everyone in fear like some war mongering tyrant out for blood when someone steps over the line, but I'm reading a comedy where Sena or Rika gets smacked for crossing normalcy right into the realm of perverts. Also last time I looked Kodaka wasn't too upset for said smacking because usually the one being targeted by it is Kobato...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 08:37   Link #1616
mironicus

You just pointed it out. In most cases the use of the flyswatter is just for comedy and to stop some perverted attacks. It's a supporting tool for her. She also used the flyswatter to stop Kodaka and Sena from kissing during the King Game. Mostly she tries to control/suppress others with her insults (Sena), manipulations (Kodaka, Sena, Maria, Yukimura) and physical attacks (Maria, Kodaka, Sena).

[mod edit: removed spoilers for unanimated content]

You can't really ignore the fact that there is fear in the air if Yozora switches to her evil mode (sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's disturbing). And for example while Kodaka was able to protect Sena from three guys because he was just used to protect himself from delinquents the whole time - handling Yozora is much more difficult. You never know what she does next.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-20 at 23:21. Reason: no spoilers in anime threads
Old 2012-07-20, 12:51   Link #1617
Sumeragi
Banned

Again, I say you're overthinking the issue.
Old 2012-07-20, 12:53   Link #1618
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Again, I say you're overthinking the issue.
If so how about making an experiment, use a real flyswater on someone weaker than you on a daily basis, after a week report here your findings.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 12:55   Link #1619
Aeshma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus
You can't really ignore the fact that there is fear in the air if Yozora switches to her evil mode (sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's disturbing).
No, there is not. Nobody is afraid of Yozora. YouŽd think the atmosphere of the room would be vastly different if the other characters actually were.

I donŽt know where are you getting all this.
Aeshma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 18:51   Link #1620
Miraluka
Banned

When a gag is overused it gets boring, annoying or disturbing anything but funny.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen