AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-11, 10:55   Link #22481
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Pro-tip; To aru Majutsu no Index is probably the ONLY light novel series that the fans have no right to ask/complaint about translations updates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Well. To be fair, you can't translate something out of thin air, isn't it? IIRC js06 haven't gotten any form of NT6 available in his hands yet. And as far as I recall not even raws are out there in the wild (Internet) yet.

... Actually, Chaos, if you go by that statement, I'd drop the "no complaining about stuff you get for free" bomb anytime on anyone, and not just for Index...
Someone better restrain me. Yeah, I'm holding back from trying to lash out at some people here...

Let's put it this way, it's like attending a seminar, all for a free buffet at the end, and people have the nerve to complain about the long seminar and the buffet food?

Back on topic, you have to wonder how long this Fraulein arc is going to last. The last time we had a long arc in AC, it was in 15 and 19. This is looking like it is going to last for much longer.
Old 2013-01-11, 10:59   Link #22482
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Back on topic, you have to wonder how long this Fraulein arc is going to last. The last time we had a long arc in AC, it was in 15 and 19. This is looking like it is going to last for much longer.
Wasn't the festival stated to be a 3 books arc? And doesn't it end with Fraulein riding Kamijou?
Old 2013-01-11, 11:15   Link #22483
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Wasn't the festival stated to be a 3 books arc? And doesn't it end with Fraulein riding Kamijou?
To me it looks like the festival is just starting when Index is already chewing Touma for explanation. So it looks like its just the beginning and it will just get worse when Othinus shows up.
Old 2013-01-11, 11:45   Link #22484
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Someone better restrain me. Yeah, I'm holding back from trying to lash out at some people here...

Let's put it this way, it's like attending a seminar, all for a free buffet at the end, and people have the nerve to complain about the long seminar and the buffet food?

Since you're TEH PING, I'd say no, and let you let loose all levels of hell on some people here, and I'd be fine with it as long as I don't get caught in the firestorm.

Speaking about Fraulein's arc, I'd assume they'd settle it on the next volume before shifting into another conflict. A la prior WWIII arc; post-volumes 17 and 18.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-01-11, 12:28   Link #22485
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Since you're TEH PING, I'd say no, and let you let loose all levels of hell on some people here, and I'd be fine with it as long as I don't get caught in the firestorm.

Speaking about Fraulein's arc, I'd assume they'd settle it on the next volume before shifting into another conflict. A la prior WWIII arc; post-volumes 17 and 18.
I think we seriously need a view on the magic factions at the current situation.

The fact a witch hunting organization like Necessarius doesn't seems to do nothing .

I hope a vol.2 situation where it shows the magic side while Touma's side enjoys the calm before the storm after the festival.
Old 2013-01-11, 15:42   Link #22486
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
... Actually, Chaos, if you go by that statement, I'd drop the "no complaining about stuff you get for free" bomb anytime on anyone, and not just for Index...
My point wasn't so much that 'we got it free', but rather 'We got it free before anyone else and in a complete package'
Old 2013-01-11, 21:09   Link #22487
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Fraulein? More like Othinus arc
Old 2013-01-12, 10:20   Link #22488
Acer
Death to the infidels!

baka-tsuki already posted illustrations from vol NT 6.
Old 2013-01-12, 10:30   Link #22489
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
F**king Rhinoceros Beetle...>_>
Old 2013-01-12, 10:36   Link #22490
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I like beetles, hunted much in childhood, so not cared about that shit.
Old 2013-01-12, 11:15   Link #22491
Miraluka
Banned

Erm...I like turtles??

Quote:
And still I can't find Haganai Connect Buriki's illustrations Q_Q
Old 2013-01-12, 11:15   Link #22492
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I like beetles, hunted much in childhood, so not cared about that shit.
Like I've said before- it's not about the beetles, it's what they represent.

Even If it were sodding Daddy longlegs or Emperor Scorpions it wouldn't make a difference.
Old 2013-01-12, 11:20   Link #22493
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I was just kidding, but seeing the amazon site and seeing that the vast majority of votes were positive (only 11 voted), perhaps the scenes that bothered us so much, are not so bad.
Old 2013-01-12, 11:21   Link #22494
Miraluka
Banned

I never had the chance with the bugs, they were scary to me and my bro killed them before they could approach me XD.

Now that illustrations are clear it seems Thor beat up Maryan .

Birdway has her flintlock behind her back.

Guns + Touma = fukou da

At this point Hamazura reminds of me A. no Joe... poor guy.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-01-12 at 11:33.
Old 2013-01-12, 11:27   Link #22495
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I confess I was happy with the possibility of Thor reveals that he shot the Touma and soon would be hilarious to see him kicking Touma in the face. But not always have everything we want.
Old 2013-01-12, 11:31   Link #22496
blackwhite67
Banned

Damn. They didn't even show us what loli Fraulein looks like.
Old 2013-01-12, 11:41   Link #22497
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Reading the Wiki entry on Cendrillon...

....... This pleases me. SPIRIT OF DRAWING COME TO ME!

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-01-12, 12:46   Link #22498
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:

Even If it were sodding Daddy longlegs or Emperor Scorpions it wouldn't make a difference.
Just wiki it and you'll be satisfied
Old 2013-01-12, 13:01   Link #22499
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:

So....what do they represent?

EDIT: Scratch that, I looked at the above post.....

Quote:
Reading the Wiki entry on Cendrillon...

....... This pleases me. SPIRIT OF DRAWING COME TO ME!
I checked the entry and noticed nothing new...so what are you hinting at here?
Old 2013-01-12, 13:13   Link #22500
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Currently around 1/4 (hundred or so pages) of the way in. Yes, there ARE beetles.

So far:

Mugino's eyes are hacked by the Dark Side assailant to make her see Frenda instead. She sees through it and blasts his arm to dust (gender unknown, but from Saiai calling him オッサン, likely male) He blabbers on about Mugino by rights being unbale to kill, having broken free from the Darkness since Hamazura saved her. As it turns out, the No 4 isn't going to abandon her darker nature so easily (quite obvious really. Mugino is Mugino) and she and Saiai end up dumping his ravaged form outside some research lab (sounds like he still lives)

Fraulein stalks the streets while Antiskill searches for her. Her binaric yes/no thought patterns drive her into some predatory state. Creepy scene of Hamazura narrowly missing getting eaten by her.

Sylvia and Brunhilde are in a Buddhist temple looking for signs of Marian and Touma. After finding nothing, they and Birdway focus on the question of what is Touma after.

Mikoto is pursued by bunch of people mind controlled by Misaki. She wonders why Misaki was in that area After she escapes, Touma appears out of a trash can.

Accelerator asks Yoshikawa what she intends to do about LO's education. Yoshikawa replies that being linked to the Misaka Network means that it isn't a serious issue. Accelerator wonders if such efficiency and logic was what made up a researcher. Yoshikawa may have left that field to become and educator but she once said how she was unfit for such a role. She could only teach people to ace tests and nothing else.

Due to the dearth of info on Fraulein, be it her sightings or otherwise, Touma suspects such info is being suppressed. However, the blind dearth of info gives itself away and Kamijyo heads to the open campus event (the place where Misaki and Mikoto were earlier). If he could find it, others could too. GREMLIN and Ollerus were coming.

Tsuchimikado sights Sylvia.

A commentator mistakes Brunhilde and Sylvia for cosplayers.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen