AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-19, 21:08   Link #81
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

It wasn't that bad. I've seen worse anime this season. The story holds potential. The opening frame was terribly interesting. I have no clue why Tina slept with Jin. It looked like they were mere partners. Well, at least it's semi-similar to real life as some women with a lot to offer sleep with weird men. >_>

The only cliche I hate so far is "finding the man with the wasp of death". How many revenge stories do we need from the fantasy genre? I also see no reason as to why Tina is so loyal to Jin.

It won't end up on my favorites list but I'll keep watching.

Last edited by Wosho128; 2007-05-19 at 21:40.
Old 2007-05-19, 21:36   Link #82
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wosho128 View Post
It wasn't that bad. I've seen worse anime this season. The story holds potential. The opening frame was terribly interesting. I have no clue why Tina slept with Jin. It looked like they were mere partners. Well, it least it's semi-similar to real life as some women with a lot to offer sleep with weird men. >_>

The only cliche I hate so far is "finding the man with the wasp of death". How many revenge stories do we need from the fantasy genre? I also see no reason as to why Tina is so loyal to Jin.

It won't end up on my favorites list but I'll keep watching.
I don't know what kind of relationship they have but maybe Tina needs him to sell off her stuff and that is the price to pay? Apparently she steals varitey of goods and he manages to sell them off. For a guy who seriously takes an action to peep on princess taking shower and not thinks that he might be beheaded for that, it is not that far fetch, I think.

I always think that stealing from palace is really, really stupid, no matter how much it is worth. Whatever you steal, it is going to be too hard to sell because the king will put up a wanted poster everywhere and even the black market will be under constant watch. Unless you smuggle it out of the country but again, too hard to smuggle because security will be too tight for something from palace.

Well, apparently, Jin can sell it off! He is saying that he can sell it off for like 1 million cur! He must be an awsome seller/smuggler.

Perhaps Tina is coming back for him, like she says. Who knows?
Old 2007-05-19, 21:43   Link #83
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I don't know what kind of relationship they have but maybe Tina needs him to sell off her stuff and that is the price to pay? Apparently she steals varitey of goods and he manages to sell them off. For a guy who seriously takes an action to peep on princess taking shower and not thinks that he might be beheaded for that, it is not that far fetch, I think.
I agree with your response on their business relationship. But why is the relationship so close to the point that Tina is sleeping with Jin? It's just kinda' funky and there has been no explanation on what kind of bond these two share.
Old 2007-05-19, 22:16   Link #84
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wosho128 View Post
I agree with your response on their business relationship. But why is the relationship so close to the point that Tina is sleeping with Jin? It's just kinda' funky and there has been no explanation on what kind of bond these two share.
Paraphrase: If Jin says to Tina, "I will team up with you only if you sleep with me," what can Tina do on the matter? He is, apparently, such an excellent seller that he can even sell stuff stolen from palace. There are not that many sellers around like that. Don't think Jin can sink this low? For a guy who seriously takes an action to peep on princess taking shower and not thinks that he might be beheaded for that, it is not that far fetch. Don't think Tina is that desperate? She risk her own life constantly and tried to steal stuff from palace!!

Yes, the relatioship is unclear because then why would Tina wants to come back for him, like she says?

Of course, this is just my speculation.
Old 2007-05-28, 19:13   Link #85
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Comp H Pin-up Scan

Spoiler for lingerie. A relatively mild, old fashion glamour pose:
Old 2007-05-28, 20:45   Link #86
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
Spoiler for lingerie. A relatively mild, old fashion glamour pose:

Good job, Maids!! It looks official to me. I hope it is. I wish the animation character design was this good. It could have drawn more fans.
Old 2007-06-03, 12:00   Link #87
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

5905x4000, 1.7 MB
Old 2007-06-11, 01:31   Link #88
rjd22

Hey I'm rjd22 of FTP-Anime Fansubs we working together with kazenokoe. we will try to release ep4 as soon as possible. but we have some delay. afther that we will try to keep the release stable
Old 2007-06-27, 17:59   Link #89
guess

From Moon Phase, sisters of Wellber gets a second season!
animate tv
Production I. G.

Last edited by guest; 2007-06-27 at 22:01. Reason: link fixed
Old 2007-06-28, 00:59   Link #90
fignae
floofer. floof.

It's on the official site too.
http://avexmovie.jp/lineup/wellber/index.html

Must finish watching this series....
Old 2007-07-20, 14:32   Link #91
ranivus

Its complete... but noone wants to finish the series

Well.. its all finished and us poor fanboys are stuck with only 3 ep's out of the 13...

Up to ep3 i thought it was good... i really enjoy mideval + industrial technology melded together. IMO it feels like a final fantas (7 to be specific) universe. Not many GOOD ones are out there. Takes a while to get used to the tank, just dont think much about how he was made moreso than why he was made.

Butt-kicking princess + jack of all trades thief + naked faires = success ^_^
Old 2007-08-13, 19:32   Link #92
lommm
l'homme de lommm

so, was the tank so annoying that the fansubbers decided to stop doing this?
Old 2007-08-14, 04:16   Link #93
Slice of Life
eyewitness

It seems C1 fell in love with the speaking tank.

OK, the speaking tank is annoying. Annoyingly disney-ish. Same for the fairy (if we ignore for a second the dress she's *NOT* wearing). But apart from that the anime while not being spectacular didn't do much wrong either. At least I remember nothing that made me scream at the screen.

I was hoping that Starlight would do more SoW after finishing Hitohira but nothing so far. As for C1, since the anime has long ended I assume they know what they are doing and that they will be reliable as long as the anime doesn't get licenced. Which will probably happen sooner or later, however.
Old 2007-08-14, 08:34   Link #94
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranivus View Post
Well.. its all finished and us poor fanboys are stuck with only 3 ep's out of the 13...
I was just looking through my HD, trying to clean things up and get rid of some old files and ran across the first three episodes of SoW. Aside from the annoying tank, I thought the first episode looked okay, and I was looking forward to watchting the rest. It's been about 3 months since the fansub for the most recent episode (#3) was released, and its almost 2 months since the last episode (#13) was broadcast.

I see the C1 just recently released the first episode again. Too bad they didn't start with ep 4 so we could finnaly get on to some new stuff, but here's hoping they are able to carry through to the end so we can actually watch the whole series.
Old 2007-08-19, 12:46   Link #95
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Starlight actually released an ep 4. I guess we're finally getting somewhere. I know they slowly released Hitohira, but they finished it eventually. I figure much the same for this series.
Old 2007-08-19, 16:56   Link #96
lommm
l'homme de lommm

yay for starlight!!

even if it's slow, maybe they will finish ep 13 by the time season 2/ep 14 airs...
Old 2007-08-19, 21:43   Link #97
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Hmmm, is it just me or this series is like teasing the CRAP out of yuri fans?
Old 2007-08-19, 21:48   Link #98
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

Actually I really like this anime.
But true is that I want them to be... together.... ^.^
Old 2007-08-20, 20:14   Link #99
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Hmmm, is it just me or this series is like teasing the CRAP out of yuri fans?
Nothing wrong with that

But I'm glad someone has picked up this anime again, it was a pity that it didn't get the love it deserved (there were a number of less worthy series being subbed that season...)
Old 2007-08-26, 15:03   Link #100
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Starlight strikes again with eps 5 and 6. Looks like it'll get done eventually.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, romance