AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 25 32.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 33.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 15.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.60%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 6.49%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-22, 15:56   Link #41
Solafighter
Hige

A blast of an episode. Felt a bit rushed, but they did it well. Ayase's confession was great. All her feeling were transmitted perfectly.

Oh man, so good. Gonna rewatch this episode right away.
Old 2013-06-22, 16:13   Link #42
finalfury
Incognito

That moment when I realize Kanako is the least violent and probably the most rational out of the three of them makes me wonder "Why the hell did I ever dislike Kanako in the first place?"
Edit: Show needs more Hinata and Tamaki.
Old 2013-06-22, 16:36   Link #43
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Ayase route OVA please.
Old 2013-06-22, 16:52   Link #44
Entravity

To be honest, while I like this episode, I think Ayase's arc is a bit too fast paced. I'm not a LN reader or anything, but as an anime viewer, I feel like it's still rushed. It's nice, but it feels like it could have been a lot more.
Old 2013-06-22, 17:10   Link #45
kentasaiba

Well 26 episode anime would be too expensive
Old 2013-06-22, 17:13   Link #46
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Plus I get the feeling that Ruri got more focus in the anime over the other girls as she's more popular.
Old 2013-06-22, 18:08   Link #47
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The party was great. Ayase's various reactions were highly entertaining. I very much enjoyed Kirino and Kuroneko's small interaction about the food as well. Kuroneko tries hard to be "dark" but she makes the cutest things.

Kirino choosing Ayase to take her of Kyousuke was a serious miscalculation on her part. It could have backfired on her if Kousuke wasn't such a siscon (yes, sadly, I doubt the girl he loves is Kuroneko. I don't like where this is going). The confession was nice and the rejection painful. I feel for Ayase. It is true that he toyed with her feelings on some level. It was never his intention but he did. You shouldn't tease a teenage girl this much if you don't like her.

So many Kirino avatars in this thread. Where are all the Ayasebros at? Changed ship or are they all too busy despairing over their girl's loss?
Old 2013-06-22, 18:46   Link #48
karuroso

Now I can finally drop this s**t D=

In all seriousness this ep was such a tease to all the Ayase fans, and really disappointing when you already know how it gonna end...
Old 2013-06-22, 18:53   Link #49
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
So many Kirino avatars in this thread. Where are all the Ayasebros at? Changed ship or are they all too busy despairing over their girl's loss?
I'm pretty sure I'm the only one with Ayase avy here (And to make it worst, I'm actually fan of a certain Doroboneko...)

As far as the episode goes. Definitely rushed but then, they HAVE to somehow wrapped up stuff next episode also (before the extra episodes, whatever stuff they'll put in there).

Yes, as LN reader I'm surprised that they didn't leave this as a cliffhanger at least. Not to mention...

Spoiler for LN comparison:
Old 2013-06-22, 19:15   Link #50
SonicSpeed

The emotional and touching feelings was really good. But however I didn't really like Ayase at all. Never really fan of her. She just plain annoying characters. I'm so happy that Kyousuke rejected her. YES YES YES

I like KyousukexKuroneko(Ruri Gokou ) a lot more. They're so perfect together.
Old 2013-06-22, 19:53   Link #51
Deathscyther

I gave the episode a 9/10 because of the party and because Kyousuke openly admitted that he's in love with someone, which basically tells us that we'll be working towards an ending with that girl and not some open-ended harem ending. The episode could have been much better though. Most of the Ayase scenes felt a bit rushed, but sadly this was to be expected with the sheer amount of story they still have to animate in the last 4 episodes. I liked how they animated the kiss on his cheek though. Very cute. The ED was very good as well.

Kanako turns out to be a really fun character. She's really honest with her own feelings and loves teasing others. Too bad that she didn't get much screentime during the first season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Some words for Kirino: I was very content how Taketatsu Ayana voiced Kirino's intervention in the quarrel over who gets to take care of him. It really sounded like 'Don't prevent him from coming back to me!'.
I agree, it was really well done. She sounded really desperate there. I think it was mixture between jealousy, anger and fear. Jealousy and anger because she couldn't stand all the girls fighting over him and fear because she's afraid that he'll fail at getting an A because of them, which in turn means that he won't be able to return home. Kirino waiting for him outside the school gates after he finished the mock exam shows just how much she misses him.
Old 2013-06-22, 19:57   Link #52
Sakuratsuki

A good episode. Felt a bit rushed. But they don't have much time. So it is expected that they did it this way.

Can't wait for next weeks episode.
Old 2013-06-22, 20:18   Link #53
Somnus
Eh?

Argh. Great episode (anime-only here), but argh. I liked Ayase, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
Ayase route OVA please.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The party was great. Ayase's various reactions were highly entertaining. I very much enjoyed Kirino and Kuroneko's small interaction about the food as well. Kuroneko tries hard to be "dark" but she makes the cutest things.

Kirino choosing Ayase to take her of Kyousuke was a serious miscalculation on her part. It could have backfired on her if Kousuke wasn't such a siscon (yes, sadly, I doubt the girl he loves is Kuroneko. I don't like where this is going). The confession was nice and the rejection painful. I feel for Ayase. It is true that he toyed with her feelings on some level. It was never his intention but he did. You shouldn't tease a teenage girl this much if you don't like her.

And this. Don't get me wrong, I like Kirino...just, I like Ayase more. That being said, I find that they're presenting Kirino's subtle (and not-so-subtle) loneliness perfectly.
Old 2013-06-22, 20:26   Link #54
Excorsism

I'm glad I'm not too invested in the characters...

Or nevermind, Ayase losing really leaves a hole in my heart. This is why I don't follow shows with only one male protagonist and multiple love interests. Which is also why Horizon is a blessing.
Old 2013-06-22, 20:33   Link #55
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:
Didn't understand the stalker really, and reading your post, IT'S TIME TO READ VOLUME 10!!!

Ayaseeee!!!

This is why I hate harems, my favorite characters never win T_T

Ayase and Manami from Oreimo
Kyou from Clannad
Chisame from Negima
Chihiro from Kaminomi
Athena from Hayate
Old 2013-06-22, 20:42   Link #56
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcscasio View Post
Didn't understand the stalker really, and reading your post, IT'S TIME TO READ VOLUME 10!!!

Ayaseeee!!!

Ayase and Manami from Oreimo
Kyou from Clannad
Chisame from Negima
Chihiro from Kaminomi
Athena from Hayate
The best way to understand this story is by reading the novel. The anime will leave you confused sometimes.

@Peanutbutter

I know what you mean. The problem with Oreimo is. The behavior/conversations/actions etc it is all important to understand the story. The anime is too short to address all this things. So if i didn't read the novel i also would be saying what the F.. happend here.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-06-22 at 21:28.
Old 2013-06-22, 21:19   Link #57
Peanutbutter

Well, I think for us anime-viewers, the confusing part is how Kyosuke can go from "I dun plan to date anyone." in the last episode, to "I am in love with someone" in this episode.

We dun see events happening towards his change of mind. We dun get to see how or what his mind was thinking.

I think the exciting parts are over. What a ride.
Old 2013-06-22, 21:21   Link #58
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Saori's Freiza impression was glorious.
Old 2013-06-22, 21:23   Link #59
kaigan
Segmentation fault

OMG! my ayase memories came rushing all of a sudden. i literally cried in this episode. don't break angel ayase's heart... ayase deserves a season for herself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
many kirino lovers are ayase lovers also. well, that's what i believe when i was still active in the seanver anime blog. as for my personal experience, i started shipping ayase first before shipping kirino too.
Old 2013-06-22, 22:22   Link #60
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcscasio View Post
Ayaseeee!!!

I know right!!! it happens everytime, i dont think my fav girl has won in any of them...