AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-02, 10:15   Link #381
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Is anyone else disappointed by R2's drama CD's?

I liked the ones from S1 because they were all serious and mainly focused on giving as extra information as possible. However with the speed R2 has been moving at i think that instead of having one in each Cd devoted to sillyness it would've been better if they concentrated on fleshing it out as much as possible.

Everything about R2 is the "Not As Planned" nightmare for the production staff. The early changes to the series are the end result of what we got. Perhaps if they get to do another Code Geass series, they could do the "Planned/Alternate Universe" version of R2, which would have to see a storyline that would exceed the one we saw. This would restore the original feel of Code Geass R1. This is the reason why they might have killed off Lelouch because the production staff didn't like R2 at all and had wanted end the season as it is. And given the success of Code Geass thus far, we might see the "Planned Version" of Code Geass someday. Although it might have a very different storyline to distinguish it from R2.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 13:52   Link #382
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Everything about R2 is the "Not As Planned" nightmare for the production staff. The early changes to the series are the end result of what we got. Perhaps if they get to do another Code Geass series, they could do the "Planned/Alternate Universe" version of R2, which would have to see a storyline that would exceed the one we saw. This would restore the original feel of Code Geass R1. This is the reason why they might have killed off Lelouch because the production staff didn't like R2 at all and had wanted end the season as it is. And given the success of Code Geass thus far, we might see the "Planned Version" of Code Geass someday. Although it might have a very different storyline to distinguish it from R2.
Dude, get off the Milley express already, that went over the cliff like even before R2 and back in Season 1 when... hmm, its always been over the cliff now that I think about it. Anyway, quit blaming the R2 and the Drama CD's already, they are funny and enjoyable despite not being serious and you should work with what you have on the matter instead of whining about what you don't. C'mon, they're funny, they made me shoot up diet coke into my nose when I heard them
Old 2008-10-02, 13:56   Link #383
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Is this allowed? I've written a summary of the tracks in SE4, for those who are interested. My listening skills aren't all that great, so I can only give as much as this. I might add more later, though. Or others can add to what I've written.

Spoiler for SE4:

I guess this puts 'Lelouch and the Part Time Jobs He Can't Do' right next to 'Beautiful Record of the Rebellion' as my favorite sound episode in R2.
I laughed so hard at the second track C.C. is so awesome I would have liked to see that in the anime, seriously, cluclu FTW <3

Thanks a lot, +rep, and I will rep you again later :O

Last edited by Narona; 2008-10-02 at 14:06.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 13:58   Link #384
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Might I remind you that the argument of the series being 'Not as Planned' is that one blogger's opinion, and that there is no evidence aside from Taniguch admitting that he couldn't work some stuff in (OMG NOT AS PLANNED) to show that the series is a 'nightmare'?

No use talking you out of it, though- you're in so deep you've retconned the whole of R2.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 14:05   Link #385
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Dude, get off the Milley express already, that went over the cliff like even before R2 and back in Season 1 when... hmm, its always been over the cliff now that I think about it. Anyway, quit blaming the R2 and the Drama CD's already, they are funny and enjoyable despite not being serious and you should work with what you have on the matter instead of whining about what you don't. C'mon, they're funny, they made me shoot up diet coke into my nose when I heard them
Now, now. Milly had a chance w/ Lelouch at one time. Back during the one drama CD when Lelouch and Nunnally first came under the care of the Ashfords. Lelouch was separated from Euphie and it would be ~5-6 years before he would meet Shirley and 7 years before he would meet Kallen and C.C. Milly had her chance for a LOOOONG time, and she blew it. (Mind you, she was only, what 11 when they met).
Old 2008-10-02, 14:07   Link #386
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Now, now. Milly had a chance w/ Lelouch at one time. Back during the one drama CD when Lelouch and Nunnally first came under the care of the Ashfords. Lelouch was separated from Euphie and it would be ~5-6 years before he would meet Shirley and 7 years before he would meet Kallen and C.C. Milly had her chance for a LOOOONG time, and she blew it. (Mind you, she was only, what 11 when they met).
13 if I recall, pretty hard for me to imagine Lelouch's voice being that deep until he hit puberty at least
Old 2008-10-02, 14:47   Link #387
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
I can't stop rofling at how awesome the latest drama cd was.

A bit of more info-translation than already posted about the second part. {thanks to kitsune from LJ}

Drama #2: "Lelouch's impossible part-time jobs"

Spoiler for cut for possible spoilers:
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 14:52   Link #388
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post

A bit of more info-translation than already posted about the second part. {thanks to kitsune from LJ}

I see. C.C. there was so helpful to Lelouch.

Last edited by pingva; 2008-10-02 at 15:08.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 14:57   Link #389
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

She really loves to tease him . That shows she really likes him but Lelouch is too dense to see it, that boy.............. ^^"

I couldn't stop rofling while reading this summary . Rivalz thinks that c.C. is cute haha .

RURUUUUUUSHUUUUUUU!!!!

Thanks your friend on LJ for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
I see. C.C. there was so helful to Lelouch.
Their interactions are so awesome
Old 2008-10-02, 15:00   Link #390
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
She really loves to tease him . That shows she really likes him but Lelouch is too dense to see it, that boy.............. ^^"

I couldn't stop rofling while reading this summary . Rivalz thinks that c.C. is cute haha .

RURUUUUUUSHUUUUUUU!!!!

Thanks your friend on LJ for me

Their interactions are so awesome

She sure does, you should listen to it. XD

You can count on it and btw, there is one more drama to be released?
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 15:03   Link #391
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

She sure does, you should listen to it. XD

You can count on it and btw, there is one more drama to be released?
IIRC, yeah, one more ^^
Old 2008-10-02, 16:43   Link #392
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Can someone tell me where I could find a translation of Sound Episode #6? I've given up trying to find it by myself because the links I've found were useless.
Old 2008-10-02, 18:43   Link #393
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Spoiler for SE 4:
Old 2008-10-02, 18:45   Link #394
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Spoiler for SE 4:
There's more than that. Lyrics can be found in the Kallen thread.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 19:53   Link #395
blottyparchment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Spoiler for SE 4:
Nah, she said 'Thank you for your love, I won't forget it, the person with a strong and beautiful heart.' The song is basically dedicated to Lelouch.

Spoiler for One More Chance lyrics translated by defade from lj:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I laughed so hard at the second track C.C. is so awesome I would have liked to see that in the anime, seriously, cluclu FTW <3

Thanks a lot, +rep, and I will rep you again later :O
Thanks. Yes, I'd really like it if they do something like Code Geass Fumoffu. Come on, Taniguchi. Though you say you're done with Lelouch's story, you can still make spin-offs, can't you?
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 20:47   Link #396
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Judging form the lyrics of Kallen's song it does seem dedicated to Lelouch.

I really like this line,
"I really want to meet you
And cry in your arms."

If I had a complaint about the ending is that I wish there was more of a feeling that Kallen suspected that Lelouch could still be alive and had hope she may meet him again one day.
I understand why they didn't do that though. It would of answered what could be the mystery of the finale.

I've seen come of the lyrics for Lelouch's character song that seems to point to that scene where Lelouch and Kallen kiss.
I only saw a small snippet though of the lyrics. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was something in that song to C.C. as well.
Old 2008-10-02, 20:49   Link #397
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post

I really like this line,
And cry in your arms."

If I had a complaint about the ending is that I wish there was more of a feeling that Kallen suspected that Lelouch could still be alive and had hope she may meet him again one day.
I understand why they didn't do that though. It would of answered what could be the mystery of the finale.

I've seen come of the lyrics for Lelouch's character song that seems to point to that scene where Lelouch and Kallen kiss.
I only saw a small snippet though of the lyrics. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was something in that song to C.C. as well.
Why the heck would she expect him to be alive at all? He got stabbed right in front of her and dropped dead. ><

Fan vs fan alive or dead debate with Code possibility really doesn't apply with her as she wouldn't know about that chance.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 21:01   Link #398
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
Why the heck would she expect him to be alive at all? He got stabbed right in front of her and dropped dead. ><

Fan vs fan alive or dead debate with Code possibility really doesn't apply with her as she wouldn't know about that chance.
I did explain that it was just a complaint I had. It wasn't something I expected.
It's just something I would of liked. Just that there could be a possibility of it happening no matter how small.

That's why I like like line, because he speaks to a hope or at least a dream to see him again.

I know why it was done the way it was. I don't think Lelouch had a the Code. Though remember that Mao survived a freakin' butt load of bullets.
I think the ending they made works out well. It could be the finale, or if they ever want to they could make a movie. The ending felt open and no major cast character died.
Old 2008-10-02, 21:01   Link #399
blottyparchment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post

I really like this line,
And cry in your arms."

Here are the lyrics to Regeneration, Lelouch's char song. I tried my best to translate it. There are some errors, for sure. People can feel free to improve/correct the lyrics. I'll be posting this in Lelouch's thread as well.

Spoiler for Regeneration lyrics:

Though the song may refer to Kallen, I think it's more directed at Nunnally, because of the pinky promise.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 21:12   Link #400
Dhang
Blas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Is this allowed? I've written a summary of the tracks in SE4, for those who are interested. My listening skills aren't all that great, so I can only give as much as this. I might add more later, though. Or others can add to what I've written.

Spoiler for SE4:

I guess this puts 'Lelouch and the Part Time Jobs He Can't Do' right next to 'Beautiful Record of the Rebellion' as my favorite sound episode in R2.
About the dorobou and kaitou, at first Lelouch doesn't agree with C.C. here. Then C.C. says, since being terrorist is NG but being the ally of justice is OK so... (She's referring to the Order of Black Knights. XD) Thus, Lelouch is willing to open the storehouse for her to 'take' all the pizza away. Unfortunately, C.C. activates the alarm system by accident and Lelouch is forced to close the storehouse, leaving C.C. behind in it.
Dhang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama cd