AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (third season) - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 20 14.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 9.70%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 17.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 21 15.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 21 15.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 12 8.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-19, 13:41   Link #61
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelly_isLOVE View Post
This anime really should have season 4.

i mean , come on!

they haven't do anything much. [ talking about the two main protagonists ]

and their enemy hasn't been defeated yet.
The problem isn't if the story is or not ended. The problem is that J.C. Staff, literally, screwed the main plot and fulled it with fan service at the point that you hardly can say that is sticking to the novels. This made 4 out of 5 fans to get dissapointed with "ZnT: PnR" (I include myselft). The risk of geting more loses with a 4th season is too big plus, they would need a lot of correction to actually head in the way that novels are going to. I guess that saying this is going too far, but I think that now they are two different stories.
The only way they can actually fix it is in the way they fixed Shakugan no Shana. A season formed by OVAs that let the fans in a state where they know where this is heading to and aren't blind as we are now (we got 1 bad guy and his familiar, 1 good girl and her familiar being the succesor to the throne and it ends there, how much blind can they get you to?)
Old 2011-02-26, 18:19   Link #62
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
The only way they can actually fix it is in the way they fixed Shakugan no Shana. A season formed by OVAs that let the fans in a state where they know where this is heading to and aren't blind as we are now (we got 1 bad guy and his familiar, 1 good girl and her familiar being the succesor to the throne and it ends there, how much blind can they get you to?)
I like how you worded that SkyFlames, they could somewhat fix the state Zero no Tsukaima is in ever since season 3 by pulling out OVAs to show that they are now getting serious with the plot just like they did with Shakugan no Shana.
Old 2011-02-27, 05:09   Link #63
tsunade666

well they also did OVA for zerono tsukaima though the ova itself is a filler full of fan service.
Old 2011-02-27, 17:54   Link #64
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
well they also did OVA for zerono tsukaima though the ova itself is a filler full of fan service.
That was exactly the opposite effect that Shakugan no Shana's OVAs got.
I really think was a waste to see it, even if it was a spin off, they should have tryed to put on the character's feelings or try to explain some facts that they skipped...
Was just an excuse to put Tiffania on bikini...
Old 2011-03-01, 23:37   Link #65
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well, all we can hope for is a redemption if J.C. Staff ever decides to do a season 4.. Like how they will redeem Shakugan no Shana with season 3 if they don't add any twists that will severely replace the original plot of the anime after all those fillers in season 2.
Old 2011-03-02, 06:52   Link #66
AP24

It's possible that if there will be a fourth season it should stick to the light novels more closely since the light novels are about to end soon. My guess is that fillers were added so they could end the previous season properly since it was difficult when the story was from over and the anime was also catching up to the light novels very close.
This is also what happened with Shakugan no Shana, but since it is also ending the third season should stick to the light novels more closely now.
Old 2011-03-02, 13:58   Link #67
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
It's possible that if there will be a fourth season it should stick to the light novels more closely since the light novels are about to end soon. My guess is that fillers were added so they could end the previous season properly since it was difficult when the story was from over and the anime was also catching up to the light novels very close.
This is also what happened with Shakugan no Shana, but since it is also ending the third season should stick to the light novels more closely now.
You should realize that they changed so many things that they would need to devote a lot of time and episodes just to get back on novel track do you?

They cant just make "Oh lets follow this season novel for a change" because there are a lot of changes taht accumulated during all other seasons than need to be changed back to the novel plotline and it is coming to bite them in the ass.
Old 2011-03-02, 17:37   Link #68
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Knowing how J.C. Staff works, I bet that ZnT season 4 is comming out on 2012, after a short serie of OVAs. Why? Because the last novel is coming out on that date.
And they did exactly the same with ToraDora!, releasing the last episode almost at the same time that the last light novel came out. And we are specting that now too for Shakugan no Shana, as the last book will come out at fall of 2011 and the 3rd season is possibily starting on October, as it always does (season 1, 2, S and the last OVA were released on the first week of this month).
Too bad that if it keeps the 12 episodes sistem we are gonna get a fast rush over the events and some of them skipped too.
Old 2011-03-02, 18:00   Link #69
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

That's true, if they keep going with 12-13 episodes in Zero no Tsukaima, we can assume they are going with their Anime Original plot-line, or they will simply rush the novels to the point that it will make the fan's eyes water from trying to find out what exactly is going on.
Old 2011-03-02, 23:26   Link #70
AP24

We don't know that season 4 will be the last one or will be a 12-13 episode season for sure. It's possible that they will release season 4 next year and make it 24-26 episodes, or make at least 2 seasons of 12-13 episodes.
Old 2011-03-05, 01:30   Link #71
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
We don't know that season 4 will be the last one or will be a 12-13 episode season for sure. It's possible that they will release season 4 next year and make it 24-26 episodes, or make at least 2 seasons of 12-13 episodes.
Zero no Tsukaima (fifth season) eh? I wonder how long exactly do they tend to drag that on for all the ZnT fans out there who have been waiting for a new season for a long amount of time (I forgot myself since I read lots of posts dated back 8 months ago... Wait I got my time wrong..)

But I never knwe J.C. Staff was the type to drag on a season to a 5th-6th season exactly, so that would surprise me (of course any other anime that has extended that long from J.C. Staff would surprise me as well)
Old 2011-03-05, 19:50   Link #72
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Knowing how J.C. Staff works, I bet that ZnT season 4 is comming out on 2012, after a short serie of OVAs. Why? Because the last novel is coming out on that date.
And they did exactly the same with ToraDora!, releasing the last episode almost at the same time that the last light novel came out. And we are specting that now too for Shakugan no Shana, as the last book will come out at fall of 2011 and the 3rd season is possibily starting on October, as it always does (season 1, 2, S and the last OVA were released on the first week of this month).
Too bad that if it keeps the 12 episodes sistem we are gonna get a fast rush over the events and some of them skipped too.
Knowing the poor sales though, not being released at all seems still like the most likely scenario.
Old 2011-03-24, 11:07   Link #73
Dragoonkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Knowing the poor sales though, not being released at all seems still like the most likely scenario.
That really puts me sad... it's a good anime to watch =[

But still I got me thinking that's gonna end like te major part of other romance animes... all girls in love for Saito and one of then rushing to not lose him.
=[
Old 2011-03-25, 03:50   Link #74
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoonkiller View Post
That really puts me sad... it's a good anime to watch =[

But still I got me thinking that's gonna end like te major part of other romance animes... all girls in love for Saito and one of then rushing to not lose him.
=[
Well you should just read the novels. Its always fun to watch something animated, but in our case JC Staff screwed up Zero No Tsukaima just too badly, well indicated by the drop of popularity the anime received, while novels are still going strong.
Old 2011-06-01, 09:09   Link #75
ChocoboXX
Tsundere

Send a message via MSN to ChocoboXX Send a message via Yahoo to ChocoboXX
I cant wait for a new SS of ZnT.
This is pretty good anime, I love Louise and how this anime end at SS3. But i dont know SS3's ending? I feel weird ....
Quote:
Well you should just read the novels. Its always fun to watch something animated, but in our case JC Staff screwed up Zero No Tsukaima just too badly, well indicated by the drop of popularity the anime received, while novels are still going strong.
Novel? Do you have Novel? Where can I download it (english)? Can you give me the link?
Old 2011-06-02, 00:10   Link #76
iealchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoboXX View Post
I cant wait for a new SS of ZnT.
This is pretty good anime, I love Louise and how this anime end at SS3. But i dont know SS3's ending? I feel weird ....

Novel? Do you have Novel? Where can I download it (english)? Can you give me the link?
Not all of the novels have been translated, and we're not exactly allowed to mention a certain place where their found. Try looking up "Zero no Tsukaima novel" in google. *cough*first result*cough*
Old 2011-06-18, 09:29   Link #77
superdog87

Honestly, the plot has deviated too much from the novel in the anime, particularly the parts related to Henrietta, and I think they should re-make an anime and make it more faithful to the novel, though the novel also has a lot of fanservice. The biggest difference is that while Henrietta is confused about her feelings for Saito in the anime, she actually falls in love with Saito in the novel and even admits it to him. In fact, Henrietta had rather deep conversations with Saito when they spent the night at the cheap inn, and during the Slepnir ball in the novel, much of which was cut out in the anime. A result of cutting out so much is that Henrietta becomes just another princess with shallow character in the anime, while in the novels, we can clearly see her struggles through war as a queen, while at the same time being reminded that she is also a teenage girl and has to face the same teenage issues as say, Louise or Siesta.

As as for Saito, the aniem makes him out to be just another womanising pervert. But we see more of his internal conflicts in the novels. In the novels, he does have feelings for Louise as in the anime, but he's also unable to reject Henrietta's feelings, as he is aware of the pain and loneliness Henrietta has to go through. Henrietta and Saito actually do develop a deep understanding of each other in the novels, something which was totally cut out in the anime. In fact, you could even feel sorry for Henrietta after reading the novels. She falls in love with Saito, and yet knows that they cannot be together because there will be a public outcry due to the difference in social status, and also because she is reluctant to hurt Louise, who she cares about.

Last edited by superdog87; 2011-06-18 at 09:40.
Old 2011-06-18, 23:01   Link #78
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
J.C. Staff seems to be doing this for multiple animes that they are releasing lately.. Makes me fear for the worse on SnS 3.
Closed Thread