AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-23, 08:06   Link #21
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Aslong as Alkaid is in the game, I don't care how hard it is to unlock her.
What if you have to beat Ovan playing as an onion mash?
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 08:20   Link #22
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I will do it, no matter how hard. Many <3's for alkaid.
Old 2012-03-23, 11:06   Link #23
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Well since it's a fighting game, it's not uncommon to have noob-seo and x-form as two separate characters.
Haseo: I'm-not-a-noob.

Quote:
Aslong as Alkaid is in the game, I don't care how hard it is to unlock her.
There are chances since she is one of the popular ones .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 12:02   Link #24
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

If they don't put in Alkaid, and put in atoli. You better be ready for the end of the world.
Old 2012-03-23, 12:10   Link #25
Soji

Quote:
If they don't put in Alkaid, and put in atoli. You better be ready for the end of the world.
If Haseo is in...you can be sure that Alkaid and Atoli will be in as well.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 12:43   Link #26
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The answer is pretty obvious in my opinion, Kite Sora has a display name of Sora to differentiate her with the original Kite, which mean the original Kite will be a playable character too.
I wouldn't put faith in multiple versions of a character in the first installment of a fighting game.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 22:59   Link #27
Miraluka
Banned

If Haseo is there, then no doubt Alkaid will be around, heck even Atoli could be there but she is more of a support character so I doubt she will be availbe for as choosable (?) character, no doubt to expect some cat fight if both girls appear.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 00:23   Link #28
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Alkaid would destroy Atoli =\ XD the only thing atoli has is the avatar.
Old 2012-03-24, 02:54   Link #29
Pokaru

To be honest, although it's a game added along with the movie, its quality really surprised me.
Graphics overall looks good and the combat system also seems interesting. I may look forward to the game much more than the movie.
Pokaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 03:03   Link #30
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I wouldn't put faith in multiple versions of a character in the first installment of a fighting game.
Actually, that's NORMAL for a fighting game these days. It is simple to put in "secret characters" who are just slightly reskinned existing characters with a different set of moves. Mortal Kombat Ninjas, the Dark-side version of street fighter characters, etc.

I would be counting on it. You would have both Dark Rose and Mimiru for example, but one of them would have to be unlocked.
Old 2012-03-24, 03:50   Link #31
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
But technically it's a different character, and probably with different moveset too since they come from different version of The World. Not to mention that Kite is kinda the hero symbol story-wise. As an added bonus, they won't have to make a new character model too.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 03:55   Link #32
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
But technically it's a different character, and probably with different moveset too since they come from different version of The World. Not to mention that Kite is kinda the hero symbol story-wise. As an added bonus, they won't have to make a new character model too.
All the characters who had their design recycled in multiple shows would almost certainly all appear. It is a cheap way to bulk up the rooster. And they even had in-universe excuse. Every single Kite Avatar would likely get his or her own move set, with different voice actors.
Old 2012-03-24, 04:03   Link #33
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
All the characters who had their design recycled in multiple shows would almost certainly all appear. It is a cheap way to bulk up the rooster. And they even had in-universe excuse. Every single Kite Avatar would likely get his or her own move set, with different voice actors.
Agree...plus they already do something like this in Hack //link what stop them to do the same here?
Old 2012-03-24, 05:45   Link #34
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Agree...plus they already do something like this in Hack //link what stop them to do the same here?
...by saving them for future fighting game installments.

That's what I meant when I doubted more than one Kite would appear. They always save those kinds of things for later games. You don't see multiple Gohans or Trunks or Vegetas in the first DBZ Budokai games. Or Evil Ryu in the early Street Fighters. Or Doctor Mario and Pichu in the first Smash Bros.

If the developers are really going to blow up a fighting game's roster on the first try, then //Versus should have a roster even larger than //Link. Somehow, I really, really doubt that's going to happen.
Old 2012-03-24, 06:13   Link #35
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
...by saving them for future fighting game installments.

That's what I meant when I doubted more than one Kite would appear. They always save those kinds of things for later games. You don't see multiple Gohans or Trunks or Vegetas in the first DBZ Budokai games. Or Evil Ryu in the early Street Fighters. Or Doctor Mario and Pichu in the first Smash Bros.

If the developers are really going to blow up a fighting game's roster on the first try, then //Versus should have a roster even larger than //Link. Somehow, I really, really doubt that's going to happen.
How about paid DLCs then?

I just don't see Versus to be able to compete against the likes of Street Fighter in the long run, so there is no benefit in dragging out the game character releases. Just make the best product they can so they can ensure it would be a success. Worry about a sequel later when they can be sure they aren't going to lose money.
Old 2012-04-05, 14:44   Link #36
Shadow5YA

Three more characters confirmed: Sakuya from .hack//Quantum, Tsukasa, and Ovan.

http://andriasang.com/con0iq/hack_versus_characters/
Old 2012-04-05, 15:43   Link #37
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yay aren't we all glad femkite is in.... solong as they don't put in atoli I won't be too pissed alkaid isn't in it.
Old 2012-04-06, 01:32   Link #38
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

At least they put Ovan in it. I can't wait to play with him when I have the game w

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 07:07   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
At least they put Ovan in it. I can't wait to play with him when I have the game w
Not interested in any characters besides the samurai guy from the Twilight bracelet ova and Alkaid.
Old 2012-04-06, 07:15   Link #40
Soji

But they need to put Alkaid ...I mean...I will find strange to see Haseo and no Alkaid and (like I say,even if I don't really care soo much if they put her on no in the game) Atoli. But i do happy that they put both the FemKite in the game.Hope to see more characters soon.