AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2013-04-24, 07:02   Link #8421
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
That sounds rather... sexist.

IMO though, I think that Keima's working relationship with Haqua is actually the most functional of all.
Of course people would think that's sexist...but nobody would say a thing if the roles were reversed and I said "Keima has no brain so all he has to do is follow Elsie's orders."
It's not about their gender, it's about facts, Elsie has consistently proven that she is not the thinking type, she's very simply in the mental department while Keima is the opposite, he is the brains of the operation. They are effective because Keima does the thinking and Elsie uses her abilities effectively according to his orders.

She doesn't refuse, complain or moan about the orders, she just follows them and that's why they have a great partnership with such a great success rate.
Haqua and also works well with Keima, but unlike Elsie she second guesses his actions and is more unreliable at following his instructions because she too is quite intelligent, though not in the way he is and not when it comes to love capturing plans.

But of course, shippers also love to defend that their pairing is the best both romantically and "professionally".
Mind you, I am no KeimaXElsie shipper...not by a LOOOOONG shot.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 08:56   Link #8422
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Of course people would think that's sexist...but nobody would say a thing if the roles were reversed and I said "Keima has no brain so all he has to do is follow Elsie's orders."
It's not about their gender, it's about facts, Elsie has consistently proven that she is not the thinking type, she's very simply in the mental department while Keima is the opposite, he is the brains of the operation. They are effective because Keima does the thinking and Elsie uses her abilities effectively according to his orders.

She doesn't refuse, complain or moan about the orders, she just follows them and that's why they have a great partnership with such a great success rate.
Haqua and also works well with Keima, but unlike Elsie she second guesses his actions and is more unreliable at following his instructions because she too is quite intelligent, though not in the way he is and not when it comes to love capturing plans.

But of course, shippers also love to defend that their pairing is the best both romantically and "professionally".
Mind you, I am no KeimaXElsie shipper...not by a LOOOOONG shot.
The point isn't that Elsie is a good partner. If she was, then Keima would have said so.

The point is that Keima doesn't need a good partner to get the job done. Sure, she has her celestial robe perks and doesn't get in the way, but is that really a partnership? Elsie is more like a lackey or a servant to him, and honestly, that's what he prefers.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 10:17   Link #8423
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The point isn't that Elsie is a good partner. If she was, then Keima would have said so.

The point is that Keima doesn't need a good partner to get the job done. Sure, she has her celestial robe perks and doesn't get in the way, but is that really a partnership? Elsie is more like a lackey or a servant to him, and honestly, that's what he prefers.
I think Keima has really begun to accept Elsie as his sister and he does care for her, probably out of the whole cast he cares for her the most, a step up from servant for sure.

Imouto route...
Old 2013-04-25, 17:45   Link #8424
PFP-MANIAC

What I really wanna know is, When will they show Keima's father?
PFP-MANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 18:18   Link #8425
ReddyRedWolf

The problem with Haqua is that she is a naive know it all. She got herself in danger trying to do what she thinks as the right thing.

Keima may be powerless but there is reason why he insisted the Goddesses info be compartmentalized. He doesn't know who to trust.

Haqua betrayed the trust given to her being a goody-two-shoes.

This shows why Haqua isn't a good partner for Keima.

Elsie may be weak but that weakness gets a Vintage in a false sense of security getting caught by her. She has proven reliable in a pinch.

Keima-Elsie team don't need to fight just outwit.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 16:44   Link #8426
sasoras

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The problem with Haqua is that she is a naive know it all. She got herself in danger trying to do what she thinks as the right thing.

Keima may be powerless but there is reason why he insisted the Goddesses info be compartmentalized. He doesn't know who to trust.

Haqua betrayed the trust given to her being a goody-two-shoes.

This shows why Haqua isn't a good partner for Keima.

Elsie may be weak but that weakness gets a Vintage in a false sense of security getting caught by her. She has proven reliable in a pinch.

Keima-Elsie team don't need to fight just outwit.
sure what you said is right but Haqua messing up,and she already experienced the consequences. That why during the Ayumi "recapture Arc", she acted like a proper assistant.

Unless your implying she will repeat the same mistakes before.
sasoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 19:01   Link #8427
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

Agreed. I think for Keima, a smart person(?) like Haqua has some drawbacks when being an assistant compared to Elsie. With Elsie, he will be able to order her around without her doubting his decisions or asking questions before doing it like Haqua. That makes everything easier and faster for him. Not to mention that Haqua’s love and jealousy for Keima can sometimes get the better of her and endanger the success of a “conquering operation”. That’s why elsie is more suited as Keima’s assistant while Haqua is more suited as his partner or something.
Old 2013-04-27, 22:48   Link #8428
trenton_dawn
Silt

The issue with Haqua being Keima's partner isn't that she's smart, it's that she's proud and therefore doesn't trust Keima as much as Elsie does, especially when they disagree. The second time around she had an idea of Keima's abilities and they worked together much better, but her lack of faith in Keima's decision making got her into trouble.

Elsie is much more willing to accept that Keima's methods work, so even though she complains a little, she implicitly trusts him to work everything out in his own way. That's why they work better together.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 23:26   Link #8429
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
The issue with Haqua being Keima's partner isn't that she's smart, it's that she's proud and therefore doesn't trust Keima as much as Elsie does, especially when they disagree. The second time around she had an idea of Keima's abilities and they worked together much better, but her lack of faith in Keima's decision making got her into trouble.

Elsie is much more willing to accept that Keima's methods work, so even though she complains a little, she implicitly trusts him to work everything out in his own way. That's why they work better together.
I think it’s okay for your partner to be proud. Look at all those buddy-cop movies like Lethal Weapon, Die Hard 3, 48 Hours, Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes, etc. Each of those partners have their pride and often question their partners’ actions but never fail to cooperate in the end. Not to mention that it’s your partner’s job to correct you whenever you’re doing something wrong. Haqua is like that. That’s why I said she’d make a good partner, while Elsie is efficient so she can take the assistant job. Plus, after all she’s been through, now Haqua’s trust in Keima is higher than ever, so there will be no problem of trust between them, I assume.
Old 2013-04-28, 14:48   Link #8430
trenton_dawn
Silt

I guess pride was the wrong word to use. Haqua was too proud at first (look at her initial experiences with Yukie, her current partner) but she's gotten wiser over the course of the series and I think she's in a good place now. But she's definitely more rational than Elsie and she doesn't like going along with something if it doesn't make sense to her. This becomes a problem, but not necessarily through any fault of her own--honestly, Keima makes a terrible partner. He never explains himself to other people and just bosses them around. Elsie is okay with it but Haqua has trouble accepting it.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 04:38   Link #8431
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ch. 226:

Setups for the Meetings of Destiny.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 04:59   Link #8432
Aesthetic Shampoo

I really feel like the author has no idea what he's doing right now...
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 05:05   Link #8433
ImperialFlameGod8190

I agree this is total bull
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 05:29   Link #8434
Cloudenvy

What the hell is even going on anymore?
Cloudenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 06:13   Link #8435
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Since when did everything turn into Lord of the Flies?
Old 2013-05-01, 06:23   Link #8436
ellifeedn
Thinker

Don't you guys remember what happened before Keima took his trip in time?

*Waiting for memories to kick in, in 3... 2... 1....*
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 06:23   Link #8437
Soverence

Hmmm, I don't really mind this whole development, at least not yet. We knew that he had to meet all the girls somehow so the fact that they all go to his school is not that surprising. As for the numbers and the girls taking over the school, I feel like the later was there just to remove any boys as a comedic piece and the former I am not sure what the author is going to do with it yet.

A lot of people were complaining with the whole going back in time piece at that start and by mid way through almost all of those complaints had vanished for the most part so I am going to wait and see where this goes now.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 06:57   Link #8438
ReddyRedWolf

I don't think Keima is her to capture Tenri just yet. That is the job of his seven year old self. Likely the 6th grader is the host and he'll have to do his magic.

Though I'm worried for Keima's future as he is setting flags all over the place during his childhood. Urara's grandpa is already scheming for the future of his granddaughter.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 09:04   Link #8439
PFP-MANIAC

Aww poor Tenri, thts elementary school for you.
PFP-MANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 10:08   Link #8440
whitecloud

so basically its in this place he would meet all the host and mold them into goddess host?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen