Old 2006-06-17, 01:05   Link #81
MooMooFarm

I guess, but I really expected more.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 00:05   Link #82
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
We barely got to see any of the Gundam units in action in the series, they were so busy focusing on pointless stuff they forgot they hadn't given most unit any airtime. I don't even recall if the Knight Justice did anything in the show although I seem to recall it showing up in the last episode, although I was mostly comatose. I have a game for Gamecube that's supposed to have Seed Destiny in it so if I happen to see the legend in the game I'll post something about it. All we really have to go on the Legend is specs since it didn't even do jack shit in the show. If your going to do a series where every unit is a carbon copy of another suit than at least have them do something, prove there's some difference between the units that justifies investing in a model kit. Silly.... What were we talking about, did the Destiny Gundam have any weapons?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 00:18   Link #83
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
It does. A mix-and-mash of the Gundams of the old, making it a jack-of-all-trades mobile suit.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 08:25   Link #84
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Then he gets what is said to be the greatest Gundam of alltime in DESTINY afixed to his battle data and specifically designed for him then S-F and I-J come down from a non-existent entity that didn't appear til ep 31 called "Terminal"...
Now now, SF was actually in the second ending animation. How it was introduced was obviously f-cked up because of the problematic production.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 08:49   Link #85
kct

More like second opening animation for me.
Old 2006-06-22, 08:56   Link #86
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct
More like second opening animation for me.
Now that's a keen eye for detail, noticing stuff which isn't even there anywhere at all.

It's Freedom and Destiny that flies in front of Destroy, not SF and Destiny.
Old 2006-06-22, 14:05   Link #87
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Now that's a keen eye for detail, noticing stuff which isn't even there anywhere at all.

It's Freedom and Destiny that flies in front of Destroy, not SF and Destiny.
What's the difference, I can barely tell them apart.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 14:07   Link #88
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Biggest difference between Strike Freedom has gold-colored joints, less number of "wings" (and they're retracted slightly different from the normal Freedom) and such.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 16:41   Link #89
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Biggest difference between Strike Freedom has gold-colored joints, less number of "wings" (and they're retracted slightly different from the normal Freedom) and such.
They are actually entirely different suits, with different lines and all. They just look incredibly alike because the basic design is the same, but on the outside there's really zero parts commonality between the two. As for the wings, they're completely different. The second opening has Freedom, the second ending has SF.
Old 2006-08-03, 01:00   Link #90
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
I still kept thinking about this. I think Legend could've been this way:

8 dragoons on the backpack (including the two beam spikers)

+

4 dragoons on the hip skirts (2 on each, like Providence)

+

2 dragoons on rear skirt (like Providence, again)

+

2 dragoons on shoulders (one per shoulder)

+

2 dragoons that can be mounted on a solid shield.

That would easily give it more than twice the dragoons of Strike Freedom. Then it would probably be more worthy of a boss title.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 01:15   Link #91
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Maybe it would, but as it was shown - everything was completely unworthy in the wake of Athrun and Kira

But that aside - Legend wasnt that bad - i mean it fought equally with SF before Kira told his BS to Rey. Legend had the lamest defeat ever (Forget Chaos, that thing sucked beyound reason and shouldnt be called a Gundam) - i mean it got beamspammed to death by freedoms rainbow guns.
Old 2006-08-03, 06:29   Link #92
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
But seriously, if Legend was overloaded with dragoons (say, about 16-18), then it would be more significant, as it surpasses even its predecessor. Legend only has 2 more dragoons than SF and they're beam spikers. However, SF has combo rifles, chest guns, etc. for more variety in combat.
However, if Legend's forte will be merely dragoons, might as well overload it with it.

Perhaps that will make Legend bulkier with more dragoons? Let's face it, Legend will always be bulky compared to SF, Destiny, etc.
The more dragoons it has, the more annoying it will be to fight and the longer it will take if u try and take them down one by one.
Seriously, if Legend had 16-18 dragoons, do you think things may turn out a bit differently?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 07:03   Link #93
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Will it be more anoying ? Yes, of course. Would things turn out otherwise ? Fat chance .

Rey would still go ZOMG-WTF-teh-truth-has-spoken-must-stand-still after hearing Kira's BS.

Hm, but from objective point of view - if it would have 18 DRAGOONS it probably would stand a good chance, it could probably shoot from so many directions that the MS would have no place to dodge to without running in to some other beam from other DRAGOON.

Id say give Rey a SEED mode and 18 DRAGOONS (and ear plugs) and things might turn out pretty interesting for Freedom
Old 2006-08-03, 07:07   Link #94
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I would agree that for Legend to be better, more DRAGOONs are needed.

I knew this suit is going to fail right from the start, after seeing that it has less DRAGOONs than Providence.

Legend looked more like a predecessor of Providence rather than a suit developed from it.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 07:47   Link #95
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well it has beam shields Ofc i also knew it was going to fail seing that it would be going up against either Athrun or Kira but that is besides the point.

IMO they indeed should have added more DRAGOONS since there are no other strong sides to this suit they should at least maximize its strong point. So it lost a bit of fire power and gained a bit of defense. Why couldnt they improve both ?

Freedom got more defense / firepower.

Justice turned in to a melee monster and gained some defense, but lost a little firepower.(Not that it matter since Athrun isnt too fond of ranged weaponry anyway)

Destiny gained speed and defense i gues

Of all these units Legend is the only one which got improved in one are but nerfed in other.

It was lame from Dully to plan to give a 100% ranged based suit to Athrun to begin with seing how Athrun barely fires his ranged weapons.
Old 2006-08-04, 00:10   Link #96
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
PROVIDENCE JR. was just that, a junior...It had some cool abilities but never lived up to it's father-suit and even the name of the suit is suspect...I mean LEGEND WTF?!?!It actually looked cooler with the Excaliber sword than the rifle (which is overkill city for a mech with that many beam blasters)...The pilot was just not that great and got excersized by Moses before the first stone was thrown...Really a dissapointing suit, it would have been nice though to see Athrun use 1 percent of his $hit-filled brain in GSD and steal it while pretending to be preparing it rather than in a room tear-jerking...I wonder how he would have handled a suit so vastly different than anything else he ever piloted?? I think Rau proved more in one half episode than Rey did the last 10 in LEGEND which still didn't show it was on par with it's daddy-o...
hahah i totaly agree, why the fuck would athrun NOT steal the legend or destiny instead he takes a gouf? couldnt he have just like pretended to go lift off with shin and just flyy away lol, personally me and my friend discussed this a longg while ago when destiny was still airing its episodes, i came to the conclusion that it would have been cool if legend had palm cannons too, like when it flys around up to a destroy or osmething, plus it could use a beam sword or something
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 00:36   Link #97
kct

It would be god if Legend is stolen by Athrun. If he melees someone with that (considering that it is an all-range Gundam), he deserves to be a real god, since it takes a lot of skill to melee someone with something not meant for that.
Old 2006-08-04, 01:29   Link #98
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct
It would be god if Legend is stolen by Athrun. If he melees someone with that (considering that it is an all-range Gundam), he deserves to be a real god, since it takes a lot of skill to melee someone with something not meant for that.
could you have imagined it? i think i would have loved destiny more if say like athrun jacked the legend and carried the empty destiny with him and brought it to orb than kira without a suit took over the destiny, wow i would haev been SO happy, or even kira taking legend with the dragoons cause kira and rau fought it out in the last war, would have been cool to see kira use the enemy suit. gosh, kira in the destiny or legend, that would have been so amazing to see in GSD. and like as for Shinn and Rey, maybe dullindal could have predicted this or something just liek his chess game and made extra gundams secretly for as backups. either that or destiny could have stayed with shinn lol. omg so many possibilities if only athrun had been smart and took legend or destiny
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 07:58   Link #99
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Whats the pont in that ? Think plot hole - Athrun and Kira needs something to chop up during the final battle

From realistic point - ofc he could just take Legend and pwn the living sh*t out of anyone that followed, but as i said - then what would fight against them in the final battle ? (Grunts and battleships dont count since they explode in the vicinity of Kira / Athrun

That would leave us with Impulse(Luna)+Destiny(Shinn)+ZAKU(Rey) VS IJ(Athrun)+SF(Kira)+Hack(Neo)+Legend(<insert pilot>). unless Dully has a secret stash of Gundams
Old 2006-08-04, 08:06   Link #100
jonli
JONLIの憂'

They could've at least added a chest cannon or something on Legend, give him one of those red white beams to shoot.

By the way if any of you have played EA vs ZAFT2, is Legend on the same level as the other 3 suits in the game? If so is it actually good? or is it just another providence (cuz i really hated using him) with slightly faster and better slashes.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote