AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-01, 09:44   Link #41
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
B2 size poster (the colour page of the Ghosts) for first 100 Jump SQ. readers.
So the surprise was a poster...artwork then.

Not bad, not bad...It isn't quite a second season, but oh well.
Old 2010-02-01, 09:48   Link #42
Weils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I actually really enjoyed this chapter, well worth the wait I think. Claire got stomped.
I love how Priscilla tells Clare that she doesn't understand her opponent and never stop once to think she may die before attacking.

No surprise that Clare's partially awakened form isn't enough for human form Priscilla. She manages to get a few chops into Priscilla before she gets a sudden slash across her waist that knocked her partial awakened form out. Priscilla, meanwhile, feels curious about Clare's abilities with awakening.
Old 2010-02-01, 09:53   Link #43
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

What is the name of this chapter? It looks like Claymores graves with the swords implanted in the ground. Does that mean one of the ghost will die?
Old 2010-02-01, 09:54   Link #44
Cyclone
Transient Guest

No!!! Where's my Galatea-sama swimsuit issue!!!!
All we get is a Clare vs. Priscilla fight!
Clare saying she's willingly throwing away her humanity and awakening all four limbs, is alright... but my hopes were so much higher!
Where's my Galatea-sama!?!
Old 2010-02-01, 09:54   Link #45
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Smile for the Mod everyone...

You know, Claire didn't show as much rage as I thought she would. I figured she would just fly in there, guns blazing and awakening on the spot. She's not only trying in her current form, but actually telling Helen and Deneve to back off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone
No!!! Where's my Galatea-sama swimsuit issue!!!!
All we get is a Clare vs. Priscilla fight!
Clare saying she's willingly throwing away her humanity and awakening all four limbs, is alright... but my hopes were so much higher!
Where's my Galatea-sama!?!
You know what's even worse? She didn't even get a spot on the poster! XDXDXD
Old 2010-02-01, 09:57   Link #46
MalakTawus

I bet Priscilla will regret not killing Claire when she had the opportunity,like Rig........but thinking about it, i'm not sure Claire will decide to kill Priscilla in the end......
Btw i loved this chap!Just the fact that Claire and Priscilla are finally in the same place makes this great for me......it's beeen years,years!!!
Old 2010-02-01, 09:59   Link #47
Nixl

what does the "2/5 On Air" mean? On page two with the Claire pic, bottom left of the page.
Old 2010-02-01, 10:00   Link #48
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
I bet Priscilla will regret not killing Claire when she had the opportunity,like Rig........but thinking about it, i'm not sure Claire will decide to kill Priscilla in the end......
Btw i loved this chap!Just the fact that Claire and Priscilla are finally in the same place makes this great for me......it's beeen years,years!!!
Well, I guess it was silly to think this whole thing would be resolved in one chapter. Actual thought process of mine, briefly.

I'm sure this whole event will go on for the next 5 chapters or so. Still doubt this will resolve in either of them dying.

But who knows what's going to happen

And yes, it's been over 10 years since they've met, quite a while

Quote:
what does the "2/5 On Air" mean? On page two with the Claire pic.
Something happening on February 5th? This up-coming friday?
Old 2010-02-01, 10:02   Link #49
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post

Something happening on February 5th? This up-coming friday?
I guess, I just have no idea what the surrounding characters translate to.
Old 2010-02-01, 10:03   Link #50
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
You know what's even worse? She didn't even get a spot on the poster! XDXDXD
obviously galatea-sama is deserving her own poster and certainly will get it in time - not to mention the fact that her swimsuit wouldn't fit in with the others uniforms

anyways..great chapter... the thing about something on TV gets my hopes up for season2 ...

I'm a little disturbed by priscilla's power level ...although it seems she's still all there in the head since she only sliced of the arms instead of shredding her right away xD
Old 2010-02-01, 10:04   Link #51
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Hmm, I agree with Shiek, I was kinda expecting Clare to blast off right away the moment she saw Priscilla. She's unexpectedly calm throughout the whole exchange. But I don't think Priscilla will regret anything. Priscilla facefloored Clare without breaking a sweat. She might need a little more effort to fight her when she's partially awakened but even if Clare fully awakens, she wouldn't even need to use her full power. At least, that's what it looks like in this chapter. Unless a full awakening brings out Teresa's consciousness, I doubt Clare can win at all. I think it's pretty lucky that Clare managed to cut off an arm.
Old 2010-02-01, 10:05   Link #52
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

so far, she doesn't recognize or seem to know who Claire is...whether or not this will change in either translations, or the coming chapters I don't know, but this pretty much trumps a few theories so far involving the two. This however, again, brings up the question of what Priscilla's motive or goal is.

I still think she will recognize who Claire is though fairly soon as the girl Raki was looking for, especially with Helen and Deneve screaming her name a bunch of times.

Did Priscilla deliver a crotch shot?!
Old 2010-02-01, 10:06   Link #53
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Hmm, I agree with Shiek, I was kinda expecting Clare to blast off right away the moment she saw Priscilla. She's unexpectedly calm throughout the whole exchange. But I don't think Priscilla will regret anything. Priscilla facefloored Clare without breaking a sweat. She might need a little more effort to fight her when she's partially awakened but even if Clare fully awakens, she wouldn't even need to use her full power. At least, that's what it looks like in this chapter. Unless a full awakening brings out Teresa's consciousness, I doubt Clare can win at all. I think it's pretty lucky that Clare managed to cut off an arm.
Actually I think it was the rod that went through Claire's shoulder and through Priscilla's arm. Page 19, mid-left panel of Claire, you can see the hole. She does get a hit on page 31 though.

Shiek: I would find that ending a bit annoying. "Oh you must be Claire, I guess I can't kill you."
Old 2010-02-01, 10:07   Link #54
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Actually I think it was the rod that went through Claire's shoulder and through Priscilla's arm.
Hmm, I'll have to go through that again then to make sure. It did look like Clare sliced it off to me.
Old 2010-02-01, 10:08   Link #55
haegar
mangaviking

ya i think that was the rod too... it would seem clare got so agitated about prissy that she forgot to look out for the incoming rods properly ... as for prissy she might have just soaked the damage on purpose considering her stregth and knowing she knows the rods can't subvert her anyways ...
Old 2010-02-01, 10:09   Link #56
Lynn Alstreim
坐等奇迹waiting for miracles

Chapter 100 has come out?? Does anyone have a login?
Old 2010-02-01, 10:09   Link #57
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Helen and Deneve already brought up Raki.
Clare said she was going to throw away her humanity and Helen and Deneve were trying to talk her out of it by bringing up Raki by name (and how she came to the south to find him). Clare's like meh - he's safe, but it's my life's purpose to kill her.
No reaction yet from Priscilla about hearing Raki's name.
Old 2010-02-01, 10:10   Link #58
MalakTawus

Quote:
I'm a little disturbed by priscilla's power level ...although it seems she's still all there in the head since she only sliced of the arms instead of shredding her right away xD
Iwas thinking.....there's someting wrong here,i mean,are we sure that Prisc sliced of Claire's arms?
I can imagine it happening for the right arm......but for the left it's quite impossible.It seems to me that she forced her limbs to return normal,but since there is blood.....strange.....

Quote:
She'll regret it,she'll regret it.
Even Rig. was treating Claire like a little kid in the beginning and we all know what happened.
The second reason is that it's not a coincidence that Claire is unique,this way it's not strange at all that when she'll fully awaken her power will go skyrocket.......Claire is the main char so i'm quite sure she'll become more powerful than Priscilla but probably not now because if this happen Claire would be too powerful and the story would be ruined.......the only option imo to win this fight now is a one-time-only full-awakening,basically something that she won't be able to redo easily once the fight is over.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2010-02-01 at 10:24.
Old 2010-02-01, 10:10   Link #59
Weils

Quote:
what does the "2/5 On Air" mean? On page two with the Claire pic, bottom left of the page.
I quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
The colour page also includes an announcement of a Claymore special airing Feb. 5th on TV Tokyo's Sakiyomijan BANG!
There were Naruto and Bleach specials on BANG! which invite the creators over for interviews and exclusive access to their drawing studios. Perhaps Norihiro Yagi will be making an appearance on the show? Link: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/janbang/ I guess some of you should have seen some of these episodes on streams like youtube.
Old 2010-02-01, 10:10   Link #60
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Shiek: I would find that ending a bit annoying. "Oh you must be Claire, I guess I can't kill you."
What honestly do you expect to happen after all that's happened?

The odds of Claire fully awakening are at an all-time-high right now, but I honestly can't see that happening. Neither can I see either of them dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone
Helen and Deneve already brought up Raki.
Clare said she was going to throw away her humanity and Helen and Deneve were trying to talk her out of it by bringing up Raki by name (and how she came to the south to find him). Clare's like meh - he's safe, but it's my life's purpose to kill her.
No reaction yet from Priscilla about hearing Raki's name.
Hah! Well that settles the question of which is more important to her. No surprise there.
Closed Thread