AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-02-12, 18:27   Link #201
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Eh, unfortunately it's just another day for me... oh wait...it's not. I have to study for my exam because it's on that day. What a drag...
Well if I didn't had to spend that day in collage it would have been just a normal day where I would be at home, doing nothing.
Old 2009-02-12, 21:39   Link #202
Shadow Kira01

Like Persona 3 + 4, the day is skipped.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 08:21   Link #203
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
I assume it is because they are too shy too. I wish that they would have written their name though..although that still may have made matters awkward, especially in school with peers and such.
Is there a chance that you would accept a confession? That is the question, because from a person's POV, if they know you will refuse their confession, there could see no point of writing their names on the cards because they know you will come to them and say "I am sorry but I don't share the same feelings". By doing it anonymously, they know they will never get a reply and so that you will not break their hearts.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 08:25   Link #204
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Uh but what's the point to do a confesion then
Old 2009-02-13, 08:29   Link #205
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Uh but what's the point to do a confesion then
I think it's about releasing emotions and feelings in some way or another. It's like, sometimes you feel like the need of crying. Once you cried, you feel better.
Old 2009-02-13, 08:42   Link #206
Kusa-San

Well it will be that if you have your name in it. But if there is no name how can you feel better since the person don't know it's you ? I mean she can react in a certain way because she think it's an other person and not you etc...I don't think it's a good way to do thing like this. It's just avoiding the problem. And even if, at first, you will feel better, I think latter you will once again feel bad. And sorry if my english is not good
Old 2009-02-13, 08:59   Link #207
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
I have nothing to give out for Valetines dy. >< No candy or nothing. Besides I don't have a sweetheart. Do any of you have Sweethearts??
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 09:01   Link #208
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Well it will be that if you have your name in it. But if there is no name how can you feel better since the person don't know it's you ? I mean she can react in a certain way because she think it's an other person and not you etc...I don't think it's a good way to do thing like this. It's just avoiding the problem. And even if, at first, you will feel better, I think latter you will once again feel bad. And sorry if my english is not good
I didn't say it was a good thing to do.

Another example. Sometimes you get angry to somebody and will feel the need to punch that person. You might choose to not show it in face of that person. Then, you will punch a wall. You released that feeling of anger and might feel better. And that person will not be aware that it's you who let a mark on said wall xD.

Of course, some time after having given your card, you might feel uneasy and sad again, but I would be optimistic and see that as a first step. You gave an anonymously card this time, it doesn't mean that you will not find the courage to write another card next year with your name on it.
Old 2009-02-13, 09:11   Link #209
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I didn't say it was a good thing to do.

Another example. Sometimes you get angry to somebody and will feel the need to punch that person. You might choose to not show it in face of that person. Then, you will punch a wall. You released that feeling of anger and might feel better. And that person will not be aware that it's you who let a mark on said wall xD.
It's still a bit different here I mean you don't punch someone when you tell him you love him XD. If we punh the wall, it' because we know it's not right to puch someone. But i see what you mean ^^

Quote:
Of course, some time after having given your card, you might feel uneasy and sad again, but I would be optimistic and see that as a first step. You gave an anonymously card this time, it doesn't mean that you will not find the courage to write another card next year with your name on it.
True but maybe he will miss his chance because he has waited too long.
Old 2009-02-13, 09:18   Link #210
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
It's still a bit different here I mean you don't punch someone when you tell him you love him XD. If we punh the wall, it' because we know it's not right to puch someone. But i see what you mean ^^

True but maybe he will miss his chance because he has waited too long.
Did you read Mister Amray's opinion about the valentines XD?

He seems not interested in Love for now and says he prefers to give all his time and efforts to study. Given that, if those Demoiselles knows what he thinks, no wonder why they acted so oddly.
Old 2009-02-13, 09:29   Link #211
Kusa-San

Oh i've just read it. He seems to be full of confidence in himself >_>

Poor Miss, they dont' stand a chance

It's remind me Kyoya from Ouran High School
Old 2009-02-13, 10:12   Link #212
Solafighter
Hige

Tomorrow is valentines day.

What am i going to do.

The same as every evening.

I will try to capture the world.
Old 2009-02-13, 10:53   Link #213
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Oh i've just read it. He seems to be full of confidence in himself >_>

Poor Miss, they dont' stand a chance

It's remind me Kyoya from Ouran High School
Maybe it's better to have more confidence than not enough.

That's maybe the reason of their behavior. They know they don't stand a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Tomorrow is valentines day.

What am i going to do.

The same as every evening.

I will try to capture the world
It's from "pinky & the brain" no? That cartoon makes me laugh. It's called "Minus et Cortex" in French.

Minus: "Qu'est ce qu'on va faire ce soir Cortex?"

Cortex: "La même chose que tous les soirs, Minus. Tentez de conquérir le monde!"

Old 2009-02-13, 10:58   Link #214
Amray

Quote:
Is there a chance that you would accept a confession? That is the question, because from a person's POV, if they know you will refuse their confession, there could see no point of writing their names on the cards because they know you will come to them and say "I am sorry but I don't share the same feelings". By doing it anonymously, they know they will never get a reply and so that you will not break their hearts.
Eh? Well...I suppose I somewhat understand. Although I thought that the point of all this love was to eventually get with the man which one desires. How am I supposed to do that if I have no idea who she is? But yes I understand what you mean. It might have been a girl that I did not know or something and I may have ended refusing and throwing aside her request only to make her upset. But I did have a rough idea of whom it may have been.

Quote:
Did you read Mister Amray's opinion about the valentines XD?

He seems not interested in Love for now and says he prefers to give all his time and efforts to study. Given that, if those Demoiselles knows what he thinks, no wonder why they acted so oddly.
No 'tis not for that reason. When I recieved these cards I was still in school at 16 years of age and could not care less about education, just simply one typical student. Now that I am a college student, have matured a lot more, and can see why education is so important, I need to do serious work and have developed an affection for this and my chosen career path. I know what I want to do in life now and so this is very important to me. I do not mind seeing girls and such, it is just that I would prefer to start a serious and intimate relationship after my educational terms.

Anyway how awkward is this? Today I crossed paths with the girl that had a huge crush on me whom is also the girl I assume wrote me that first card I spoke of,....'twas today....the day before St. Valentines Day. Was it pure coincidence? Or was it fate? ....I'm going to assume it was a pure coincidence as I did not really develop anything for her and there must be some logical reason why we both happened to walk down a long road that hardly anyone walks down. I believe in science more than fairy tales....although I prefer fairy tales to be honest.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 11:41   Link #215
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
It's from "pinky & the brain" no? That cartoon makes me laugh. It's called "Minus et Cortex" in French.

Cortex: "La même chose que tous les soirs, Minus. Tentez de conquérir le monde!"

ROFL

It doesnt sound that funny in german.
Old 2009-02-13, 13:10   Link #216
Kusa-San

Quote:

Minus and Cortex is pure win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrwXhFQtJJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray

Anyway how awkward is this? Today I crossed paths with the girl that had a huge crush on me whom is also the girl I assume wrote me that first card I spoke of,....'twas today....the day before St. Valentines Day. Was it pure coincidence? Or was it fate? ....I'm going to assume it was a pure coincidence as I did not really develop anything for her and there must be some logical reason why we both happened to walk down a long road that hardly anyone walks down. I believe in science more than fairy tales....although I prefer fairy tales to be honest.
It's god who is trying to tell you to go out with this girl
Old 2009-02-13, 13:48   Link #217
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Heh, you lucky bastard. Don't waste the springtime of your youth! Strike while the iron's hot!! Guddo Rucku!!!
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 16:03   Link #218
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Eh? Well...I suppose I somewhat understand. Although I thought that the point of all this love was to eventually get with the man which one desires. How am I supposed to do that if I have no idea who she is? But yes I understand what you mean. It might have been a girl that I did not know or something and I may have ended refusing and throwing aside her request only to make her upset. But I did have a rough idea of whom it may have been.
There's another possibility I came up with while talking to my friends about the valentines, maybe the girl expected you to know who she was, and she waited for you to do the next step.

But maybe I am not very well placed to give an opinion on that, I did recieve cards, but never anonymous cards.

Quote:
No 'tis not for that reason. When I recieved these cards I was still in school at 16 years of age and could not care less about education, just simply one typical student. Now that I am a college student, have matured a lot more, and can see why education is so important, I need to do serious work and have developed an affection for this and my chosen career path. I know what I want to do in life now and so this is very important to me. I do not mind seeing girls and such, it is just that I would prefer to start a serious and intimate relationship after my educational terms.
My bad, sorry to have assumed things Well, I don't really know what to say. If you feel that you will not have any regrets about your current choices, then it's ok, I think.

Quote:
I do believe in Coincidences, but I also think that you can't know when true Love will strike you. It could be tomorrow, it could aslo be never. Keep also in mind that a person can mistake Love with something else (like deep frienship), but on the opposite, a person can also have difficulty to realize that she/he is in love.

Me I would not jump the gun because of something which could be a mere coincidence. What counts, imo, is what you feel. But think about it a little more, especially if, maybe, you are the kind of persons to be a bit clumsy about that type of feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
It doesnt sound that funny in german.
Spill the bean. I wanna know
Old 2009-02-13, 16:24   Link #219
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Spill the bean. I wanna know
Pinky:"Hey Brain, was wollen wir denn heute Abend machen?"
Brain:"Genau das selbe wie jeden Abend, Pinky. Wir versuchen die Weltherrschaft an uns zu reißen."

Old 2009-02-13, 18:12   Link #220
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Fortunately, the way to my "she-who-is-cute" v-day involves pretty much feeding her with favorite foods (even choccies are just bonus and she's not fond of harvested flowers, planted ones aren't so bad).