AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 14:44   Link #6661
Pen3

So far i am about 50/50 today i hope i can at least hit 65% win tonight.

Ferdi
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 14:47   Link #6662
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

After talking to many of our clan mates, I have, perhaps not so surprisingly, found out most of you lot are still in college, or recent graduates

Well, Finals are just around the corner.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 14:53   Link #6663
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
After talking to many of our clan mates, I have, perhaps not so surprisingly, found out most of you lot are still in college, or recent graduates

Well, Finals are just around the corner.

- Tak
I finished college yesterday! Quite literally so.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 14:53   Link #6664
willx
Nyaaan~~

I am seriously about to bang my head on the wall.

I am literally increasing my win rate on every single tank I own -- EXCEPT THE E-100 -- and it's not like I can't figure out what's going on either .. my bromance with this thing is starting to fade. A lot of it admittedly is just part of the soloing any Tier X Heavy and is not unique to the E-100.

<Start Rant>
1) In games where I am "winning" if the enemy tries to outcap, I can't go back to reset (too slow)
2) Similar to the above, even if I solidly win my flank, I cannot flex and go reinforce another flank (too slow)
3) In games where I'm one of the last few tanks left with only enemy arty to kill, if there are 2-3 enemy arty left .. there's a good chance they'll kill me without getting spotted by me (too big + too slow)
4) In games where there are narrow corridors, I will dominate -- unless the enemy has E3/E4/JPZE100/French TDs -- they have an easy time penetrating me (probably with gold) whereas I cannot do the same (low penetration)
5) Similar to the above, the low shell velocity combined with poor penetration (even on the HEAT round) makes any sort of long-range engagement terrible (low penetration)
6) Almost serve as a hindrance to the team on any large open maps, this is more indicative of all heavy tanks at Tier 10 .. the jump in power between Tier 7 and Tier 8 arty is HUGE. (too big, too slow, arty)

I just had a game earlier on Pearl River, I see an enemy "good player" platoon of 3 Tier X TDs. I know they will be camping at the end of the north short path. I tell my team this, tell them not to advance, I move up and blow away the Tier 8s and 9s but stop when I'm about to turn the corner into the TDs. I yell at my teammates to stop -- they do not and get blown to pieces while inflicting ZERO damage. I obviously get frustrated and go off on them, they respond back angrily and fail to comprehend that there's a remaining 80% of the map they could've gone through. This is indicative of my recent games at Tier X.

(E-100 w/r @ 100 games? ~53% E-100 w/r @ ~200 games? ~48% .. )
<End Rant>

PS: Every time I get Malinovka at Tier X, I feel like WGA is telling me to stop playing WoT.
Old 2013-05-20, 16:51   Link #6665
Gravitas Free Zone

Yep, I think never buying a tank again that can't go at least 30 kph is a good choice.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 17:34   Link #6666
12ice

With graduation approaching, I must find myself a job.

Lots of things are happening, so I don't think I'll be able to play for 1-3 weeks, depending on how things pan out.
12ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 17:57   Link #6667
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Yep, I think never buying a tank again that can't go at least 30 kph is a good choice.
Reason why I stick with the IS-7. It might not be able to go at its maximum speed, but it could still retain a speed of 50 KPH quite easily.

Saved base from cap many times with it.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-05-20, 18:12   Link #6668
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
It's a combination of multiple factors:
1) Tier 10 matches 90% include tier 8 arty
2) Tier 10 medium tanks have so much damn firepower
3) Current penetration levels of all tanks (and conversely the low muzzle velocity and penetration on the 15cm (even HEAT is low)

For example the Black Prince is amazing on any map and the Lowe, albeit situational, can't still be useful as a sniper and second line support.

Quote:
Reason why I stick with the IS-7. It might not be able to go at its maximum speed, but it could still retain a speed of 50 KPH quite easily.

Saved base from cap many times with it.

- Tak
The IS-7 is worse than the E-100..!

Well, when you guys start playing a lot of Tier 10, let me know what you guys think. It's very very very different from Tier 9 and below.
Old 2013-05-20, 18:22   Link #6669
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
The IS-7 is worse than the E-100..!
Yeah, but thats... your opinion, which you repeated for a while now.

And I don't agree with it, which is also something I've made painfully clear for quite some time.

- Tak

Old 2013-05-20, 18:24   Link #6670
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Yeah, but thats... your opinion.

And I don't agree with it, which is something I've made painfully clear for quite some time.

- Tak
Of course, I'm just stating my opinion (as well as the opinion of many others) as fact!
Old 2013-05-20, 19:02   Link #6671
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
My only regret is that it looks like I won't be able to get the T-54's better gun until sometime after 8.6 hits, and as such won't be able to enjoy its HEAT rounds.
Old 2013-05-20, 19:28   Link #6672
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
My only regret is that it looks like I won't be able to get the T-54's better gun until sometime after 8.6 hits, and as such won't be able to enjoy its HEAT rounds.
Aw, too bad for you, I was just facing one where it was hitting me straight through my turret with HEAT rounds straight on..
Old 2013-05-20, 20:23   Link #6673
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

welcome to tier 10, why don't you get a 2nd or even a 3rd or 4th like me, then maybe WGA will say, "I think it would be best to take a break, you can see alot of stupidity at high tiers.", especially when your are not platooned, things can go like Titanic or like the allies at Normandy during 1942-43."

yes i do hate arty especially when you get tracked and ur out of a repair kit, ur friggin screwed, especially when more than 2 arties are on ur @$$. you have about 10 - 20 secs time to live, any last words or requests, then you say or rather quote, "FREEDOM!!!" then you blow up like the fourth of July. bub-bye (waves)

Wil's funeral is Friday at 8 am, be sure to commemorate his courageous MUP efforts. He died a man.
Old 2013-05-20, 20:40   Link #6674
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
E-100's skirts are amazing. That, and the 750 damage gun with HEAT are its strong points. Troll T110's with that spaced armor and punish them for underestimating you.

At least, that's what I've fallen into the trap of many times (laugh)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 20:54   Link #6675
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

especially when their angled, even heat will bounce.
Old 2013-05-20, 20:58   Link #6676
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
E-100's skirts are amazing. That, and the 750 damage gun with HEAT are its strong points. Troll T110's with that spaced armor and punish them for underestimating you.

At least, that's what I've fallen into the trap of many times (laugh)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
especially when their angled, even heat will bounce.
Yeah, I don't disagree that when it's sidescraped it bounces a lot of enemy tanks, the problem as I pointed out above is it leaves you open to HUGE arty splash and many Tier 10 guns can penetrate your turret face! The T-54 was just punching holes straight through my turret..

Anyways, I'm down like 15 games or so in the E-100. I'm below 47% now! Only 2-3 of my last 20 games or so were even close. Most games my team just got steamrolled. Sigh.. I know statistically it has to get better but this.. this is just..
Old 2013-05-20, 20:59   Link #6677
Mow Yun

That shouldn't be a problem as long as you are hiding your turret properly. Sure, they can hit you for 320 or 400, but what's the big deal when you hit for 750 back? If you're fighting a tier 10 TD head on by yourself, you're playing into their strength. :X

Arty means you can't just sidescrape everywhere, gotta be intelligent about it.
Old 2013-05-20, 21:03   Link #6678
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
That shouldn't be a problem as long as you are hiding your turret properly. Sure, they can hit you for 320 or 400, but what's the big deal when you hit for 750 back? If you're fighting a tier 10 TD head on by yourself, you're playing into their strength. :X

Arty means you can't just sidescrape everywhere, gotta be intelligent about it.
Yeah, I know, I'm not ignoring it's strengths .. I'm just telling you that even in ideal situations there are still weaknesses. Go back to my long rambly post about my issues with it recently. In most games today, my team has gotten killed so quickly around me, that I don't even have the opportunity to put out DPS.

EDIT: It's also possible that I suddenly forgot how to play the E-100 and it's my own fault that my win rate has gone down from 53% to 47% all by myself. Or I never deserved that high of a win rate to begin with?
Old 2013-05-20, 21:11   Link #6679
Mow Yun

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Yeah, I know, I'm not ignoring it's strengths .. I'm just telling you that even in ideal situations there are still weaknesses. Go back to my long rambly post about my issues with it recently. In most games today, my team has gotten killed so quickly around me, that I don't even have the opportunity to put out DPS.

EDIT: It's also possible that I suddenly forgot how to play the E-100 and it's my own fault that my win rate has gone down from 53% to 47% all by myself. Or I never deserved that high of a win rate to begin with?
You should compare my AMX-50B winrate to my average winrate.... *hides*
Old 2013-05-20, 21:17   Link #6680
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I dunno guys, I'm just amazed how you can continually use your tier 9s and 10s given what we know at this point. Seems like a no-win situation even when you ARE winning, and at the best of times you're going to be stuck with a group of yahoos whose mere presence at tier 9 and 10 are minor miracles given how bad they are statistically.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks