AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 7 9.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 16.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 29.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 12.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-18, 12:22   Link #61
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
All that needs to happen now is that Yuji is a splitting image of Johan and the harem theme will be complete!

I get the feeling that Wilma knows Pheles in some way.

Both the problems that Yuji is going to face can be easily mitigated by following Plan A, AKA leave the city. I try not to think about it, but staying in one place is asking for trouble not just for themselves but for the people around them.

Ha! Wishful thinking over the harem theme but Pheles is a few hundred or thousand years too old for Yuji.

Better yet, instead of Pheles looking for Yuji, why not Shana and Yuji gather all the available Hougu from Friagne's old hideout and go hunt Pheles instead?
One way or another, she'll inevitably encounter those two.

Shana and Yuji, the successors to the original Engage Link.
Old 2007-12-18, 13:47   Link #62
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Ha! Wishful thinking over the harem theme but Pheles is a few hundred or thousand years too old for Yuji.

Better yet, instead of Pheles looking for Yuji, why not Shana and Yuji gather all the available Hougu from Friagne's old hideout and go hunt Pheles instead?

Now that would be great. I've been wanting them to go Bat Man style since the early episodes of S2. They could hole up in Friagne's place and Shanatan and the Boy Wonder Yuji could actually go and hunt out Pengu... I mean the Tomogara instead of waiting for something to happen. Either that or Kung Fu style where Shanatan and her sidekick Yujimbo go from town to town hunting out the efil existence eating bad guys and teach them morals via the way of the melon bread fist.

Oh well harem style loving with (alleged) slice of life is good too....
Old 2007-12-18, 14:32   Link #63
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Now that would be great. I've been wanting them to go Bat Man style since the early episodes of S2. They could hole up in Friagne's place and Shanatan and the Boy Wonder Yuji could actually go and hunt out Pengu... I mean the Tomogara instead of waiting for something to happen. Either that or Kung Fu style where Shanatan and her sidekick Yujimbo go from town to town hunting out the efil existence eating bad guys and teach them morals via the way of the melon bread fist.

Oh well harem style loving with (alleged) slice of life is good too....
... Yujimbo? That's the best you can come up with?

But anyway, those two are enjoying life as it is now, because they won't have it for long.
Old 2007-12-18, 15:11   Link #64
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:

Age doesn't mean much. The age difference between Pheles and Johan might be very large.

The most unlikely scenario would be if Chigusa and Kantaro told Yuji that he was actually adopted and that Pheles and Johan were his true parents though they themselve don't know of it.

Too much on the defense, I have to agree that Shana and Yuji try going on the offense for once.
Old 2007-12-18, 15:17   Link #65
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
Age doesn't mean much. The age difference between Pheles and Johan might be very large.

The most unlikely scenario would be if Chigusa and Kantaro told Yuji that he was actually adopted and that Pheles and Johan were his true parents though they themselve don't know of it.

Too much on the defense, I have to agree that Shana and Yuji try going on the offense for once.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

That unlikely scenario really cracks me up!

By the way, doesn't Shana know any other sword combat style because she seemed too much of a kendo fighter in the way she holds her sword.
Old 2007-12-18, 16:23   Link #66
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
ok i have a few preditions here, i have a feeling that Konoe is Pheles or that green hair girl in the opening is Pheles.

where is Khamsim dont tell me he only shows up for 2 secs in ep 10 and then never appears again
Old 2007-12-18, 16:31   Link #67
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

I read somewhere that Friagne owned a mountain of Hougus, most of which had little practical use. So, unless he kept a handy index of his possessions, they'd have too much work just cataloguing his stuff.
Old 2007-12-18, 16:34   Link #68
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I always thought Friagne kept his (mostly useless) loot in his personal hammerspace, though, which evaporated when he died, causing them all to be redistributed...
Old 2007-12-18, 19:11   Link #69
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Alright, so this episode was ok nothing special though finally there will be a conflict around next episode which I was waiting for last freaking 11 episodes! Although I admit that it was pretty funny episode as they threw some humor here and there.
Old 2007-12-18, 19:17   Link #70
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
ok i have a few preditions here, i have a feeling that Konoe is Pheles or that green hair girl in the opening is Pheles.
No comment about the word "or" since I might get in trouble, but I didn't think about the possibility that Fumina Konoe is Pheles in disguise. With all this hectic stuff about continuity and straying from novel material, it's really possible.
Old 2007-12-18, 19:34   Link #71
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
No comment about the word "or" since I might get in trouble, but I didn't think about the possibility that Fumina Konoe is Pheles in disguise. With all this hectic stuff about continuity and straying from novel material, it's really possible.
Well even if something like that were going to happen, how would they explain the last scene of the last episode where we have Pheles calling out Johan? lolhecate is definitely going to come out with her identity after the pheles arc.
Old 2007-12-18, 20:12   Link #72
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

No way Konoe is Pheles in disguise. I'd like to say they're at least representing the Evil Council, since other than that they've done absolutely nothing this season besides repair their floating castle of doom and issue cryptic remarks. Which makes me wonder when they actually do anything that's in the novels, since last season's finale was anime-original, right?

But then, the Battle Butler makes me want to think they're some third-party good guys. Not sure what that could be, though. Maybe the Bone Collector?
Old 2007-12-18, 22:59   Link #73
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Its a good chance that Konoe is Hecate, that bracelet she wheres makes her "human" so that no one would be able to sense that she's actually a tomogura.
Old 2007-12-19, 00:29   Link #74
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well even if something like that were going to happen, how would they explain the last scene of the last episode where we have Pheles calling out Johan? lolhecate is definitely going to come out with her identity after the pheles arc.
Any scene can be represented in a dream. So let's say Fumina was dreaming back then.
Old 2007-12-19, 01:50   Link #75
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

If that's the case lets just say the whole show has been Yuiji's dream.
Old 2007-12-19, 06:41   Link #76
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Its a good chance that Konoe is Hecate, that bracelet she wheres makes her "human" so that no one would be able to sense that she's actually a tomogura.
I don't think she is, especially with the wind rushing in towards the city which I think symbolises the arrival of Pheles
Old 2007-12-19, 10:32   Link #77
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
I don't think she is, especially with the wind rushing in towards the city which I think symbolises the arrival of Pheles
Wind = Pheles approaching, sure, but why does that mean Konoe can't be Hecate?
Old 2007-12-19, 11:13   Link #78
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
If that's the case lets just say the whole show has been Yuiji's dream.
Okay. Sure. Yuji wakes up one morning and realizes that he wasn't a torch at all - that the 9 months he spent fighting against tomogara was all just a dream - that flame hazes and the Crimson World didn't exist at all... so why is Shana sleeping next to him?
Old 2007-12-19, 12:39   Link #79
endlezz
Ace of Spades

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Okay. Sure. Yuji wakes up one morning and realizes that he wasn't a torch at all - that the 9 months he spent fighting against tomogara was all just a dream - that flame hazes and the Crimson World didn't exist at all... so why is Shana sleeping next to him?
Cuz Shana is his Childhood Friend who always sleeps next to him since they where children. She also calls him "Onii-chan" since she always wished to have a big brother and Yuji was her only male friend. He and his actually much cooler and succesfull best friend, who somehow does not have any luck with women and is only there for comedic relief.
Old 2007-12-19, 18:07   Link #80
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
No way Konoe is Pheles in disguise. I'd like to say they're at least representing the Evil Council, since other than that they've done absolutely nothing this season besides repair their floating castle of doom and issue cryptic remarks. Which makes me wonder when they actually do anything that's in the novels, since last season's finale was anime-original, right?
There are some episodes from the novel itself. Marjorie arc (episode 8-9) is from vol. S. The arrival of Sakai Kantaro and study session are from also the novels. I think that starting from now onwards, the story is from the novels except the part about Fumina. The season 2 ending may be aligned closer to novel storyline, but rather than an anime original, I think.