AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-25, 19:13   Link #861
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

New Page 12: Experience and Data

First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

On-Topic
Mashiro & Takagi trying to prove their choice of manga against Miura that's the reason why their rankings for Future Watch bombed. Not bombing badly but being a flop from Mashiro's POV.

The head-on clash broke from the stalemate and reached deep bottom when obfuscated Miura snapped that Takagi should get someone else to draw his gags, if Mashiro went with the line that his art wasn't suitable for gags. Hence, Takagi leaving incensed the meeting along with Mashiro.

Basically, Miura proved the hardest deal of effort gathering all the statistics of past surveys for Jack and even those before electronic submission was implemented for the magazines' questionnaires. Although the data was proven by the time correct about gag manga gaining stable serializations for long, lasting runs, that's not what Mashiro wants for their manga.

The boxes full of gag mangas including Miura's personal comments and annotations based on the data were to overwhelming for the boys checking in one go, but Miura's at his most depressing coming to their doorway to apologize to them made the boys to try out with a gag manga.

Though hope that Miura doesn't get them in a bad end of a deal if the data predictions fall off for the next serialization.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 14:10   Link #862
ookamigirl

Another one-shot trial manga.
Wish they would just pick one and get serialized already.
Takagi & Aoki cooperation was nice.
The ending was kinda sad though..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 15:13   Link #863
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

No poor Miyoshi. Takagi screwed up without noticing. Even Mashiro was warning him. He really doesn't understand girls. Lol Iwase wants to do manga now. Even Aoki was falling for him.

So another one-shot. At least they are being serious about a gag manga this time. Takahama is just getting annoying now. They know Miura isn't good, but still are trying to make it work.
Old 2011-12-28, 19:09   Link #864
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this was rough. You knew that something bad was going to happen with this Takagi involvement with Aoki. Of course it wasn't really that, but the OP that'd been spoiling this kind of conflict with Iwase. It's not like Takagi did anything specifically 'wrong' here and he certainly didn't expect that girl to be there. But not like the choices didn't lead to the end of the episode.

Even though he's been involved with Miyoshi this long he still couldn't write a likable heroine. Talking with Aoki certainly helped them both with their issues. Though can't see why Takagi couldn't try writing with a more tomboy heroine and see how it went. While he said the write things at that ambush it's been a while since I can remember him saying to Miyoshi how much he cares about her.

Well should be fun to see how they handle this. Miyoshi is going to be in a pretty emotional state.
Old 2011-12-29, 08:01   Link #865
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That's some cellphone batteries they have, to be able to talk the night away like that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 02:23   Link #866
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

New Page 13: Alliance and Classmates

Iwase returns to Takagi's life, and the strain she intellectually attempts to coerce Takagi to acknowledge her as his genius rival puts on evidence her childish stubbornness. Moreso, because she thinks Takagi would be wasting always his life to manga.

This is when Takagi draws the line on Iwase, and she cannot badmouth manga. He's doing manga because he likes manga and feels comfortable the position he got to by choosing manga.

To sum up with no more bush beating is that Iwase stills love Takagi in closed secret, but her little girl's pride won't allow her to say so unless she gets the remote chance to hear so from Takagi. That or, at least, being acknowledged by Takagi.

Now, Takagi does what any guy shouldn't do: neglecting his girlfriend for too long without even making contact to Miyoshi, and that's bad because the woman's radar under those worrying circumstances would tick on to think he's with another.

Unfortunately, that's what happened to Takagi, and more because he left at the studio the novel with Iwase's letter inside which Miyoshi found out by pure accident.
Old 2012-01-08, 14:33   Link #867
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 14:
Old 2012-01-08, 16:09   Link #868
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Lol such a misunderstanding situation is turned into a mess. If only Takagi told Miyoshi about talking to Aoki in the first place. Takagi also messed up Mashiro's relationship.

Looking at the preview it says Monkey and Marriage. Monkey, as in the Zoo where Aoki, Iwase, and Takagi met. The marriage maybe be how Takagi and Miyoshi gets back together.
Old 2012-01-08, 16:21   Link #869
tera_ha

I just love this anime. it's one of the best shows of last year IMO

so unique. probably like it more since my relationship is similar to it in a lot of ways.
Old 2012-01-08, 16:51   Link #870
Ami-chan
Raging Ami-chan Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That's some cellphone batteries they have, to be able to talk the night away like that.
Phones functioned much better as phones back when the only thing you could do was call someone :P

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/mrjasonpark/Sigs%20and%20Avys/Momo-01-1.jpg
Ami-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 01:20   Link #871
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Wow the guys really managed to screw everything up for themselves here. Just putting off trying to explain the situation or even get into contact.

Takagi has dug his hole for sure. Didn't bother calling Miyoshi until Mashiro actually brought it up. Then he didn't really try to deal with it later, figuring he'd wait until she called to apologize. Then it all just went to hell since Takagi didn't want to say anything about Aoki and thus it was clear they were hiding even more about this situation. Though great line from Takagi saying he didn't really think it was necessary for Miyoshi to trust him .

Sadly Mashiro gets into this mess too since not like he pushed too hard about explaining everything and now he's in the hole.

Then of course you have the whole manga thing. Can't see this gag manga working out well. Everyone is mentioning how this isn't a good direction and they'll never hit their full potential in that area. Hopefully they bomb in NEXT so it becomes clear how bad this is.

Kind of a good thing that Aoki turned down Nakai. Really does seem like the guy is fine with anyone. Completely putting his career on hold so he can flirt.
Old 2012-01-09, 02:23   Link #872
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Then of course you have the whole manga thing. Can't see this gag manga working out well. Everyone is mentioning how this isn't a good direction and they'll never hit their full potential in that area. Hopefully they bomb in NEXT so it becomes clear how bad this is.
Unfortunately, they also say they're like Michael Jordan playing baseball (except they're not yet the Michael Jordan of story manga either). So they kinda can churn out something good. Just not great.
Old 2012-01-09, 04:16   Link #873
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I agree that the worst thing that could happen is for the one-shot to be successful – it would be the best thing long-term if it fell flat, and disabused Mashiro and Takagi once and for all (Mashiro won’t need much convincing) of the notion that gag manga is a good idea. A serialization would be doomed to mediocrity and probable failure, a detour in Ashirogi’s career path at best and a derailer at worst. Better to face the truth now, and hopefully never have to take Miura’s bad advice again.

I see the way all this romantic and artistic struggle impacts the characters' lives much the same way as it impacts on the anime. All of this trial is probably necessary, but I’d just as soon the pain be over quickly even if it’s severe – rip that band-off quickly, hair and all, and be done with it. We need to deal with this relationship angst and I want to see the pairings move forward, but I really don’t think that’s Bakuman’s greatest strength. And we need to see how TakaShiro cope with professional failure, but it isn’t nearly as inspiring or exciting to watch as success. I want to get back to seeing them writing a dark story manga, and trying to make it not just a success, but a classic. That, for me, is Bakuman at its best.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 17:30   Link #874
kitten320

I can't really agree with Azuki here, especially regarding Mashiro's uncle. he promised her mother that he would not say anything, a promise is a promise and its not like he hid something totally major. The one she should be upset with is her mother.

I read a bit of manga and I'm really excited for upcoming episodes, what happened there really made me lol several times and going by preview the whole relationship conflict or its biggest part will probably get solved next week. Can't wait.

P.S. Though have no idea how they're gag idea will go, I had my focus on something else
Old 2012-01-09, 17:44   Link #875
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I can't really agree with Azuki here, especially regarding Mashiro's uncle. he promised her mother that he would not say anything, a promise is a promise and its not like he hid something totally major. The one she should be upset with is her mother.
I think she's being unfair, yeah. Which isn't entirely surprising since she came up with that "let's not see each other" thing.

But really. It's one thing to demand they have no secret of their own from each other. It's another to ask him to betray confidences from others. I mean, and then what? Takagi can't talk to him, Kaya can't talk to her... It's ridiculous.
Old 2012-01-10, 05:47   Link #876
ookamigirl

There were more problems of the heart than manga problems.
Well, it was pretty funny too ^^"
Looks like those two got into some serious girl trouble.
I still wish Hattori would be their editor again...

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 20:05   Link #877
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

New Page 14: Alliance and Classmates

When I read back in the manga about Takagi's issue with Iwase that prompted Miyoshi to leave him, that arc didn't make me tired. However, when I right now watched in the anime, seriously, they're making a giant drama and fuss about it.

Pretty much Miyoshi's not Takagi's mother to hound on him every hour all days just to check what's doing, but Takagi allowed himself to be absorbed too much on changing ideas over the phone with Aoki that he took for granted dismissing exchanging phone calls with Miyoshi over a long streak of days, even if it was for work purposes.

Secondly, how could he forgot to bring Iwase's letter back home, and instead leave it at the studio?

And, for my taste, Azuki's been too intransigent and stubborn with Mashiro involving him with Takagi's problem just because Miyoshi's her friend.

I really don't like women with those kinds of personalities just as I will feel and seem like a stingy jerk, if I neglect for too much time seeing my girlfriend and making things worse to keep lots of things hidden from her; and lying's a killer between men and women relationships.
Everything could ease right now, if Takagi properly explains his phone calls with Aoki.
Old 2012-01-14, 18:13   Link #878
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
When I read back in the manga about Takagi's issue with Iwase that prompted Miyoshi to leave him, that arc didn't make me tired. However, when I right now watched in the anime, seriously, they're making a giant drama and fuss about it.

Pretty much Miyoshi's not Takagi's mother to hound on him every hour all days just to check what's doing,
You're not being very fair, there. Despite going out for years, they've done very few couple-like things. (Have they ever gone on a proper date?)

Quote:
Secondly, how could he forgot to bring Iwase's letter back home, and instead leave it at the studio?
He didn't know there was a letter in it. To him, it was just a boring book he couldn't finish.
Old 2012-01-15, 02:22   Link #879
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Ep15:
Old 2012-01-15, 02:32   Link #880
tera_ha

I like Aoki but I love Azuki

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen