AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-07, 18:27   Link #21
Eater of All
NOM

I don't remember Riki's original voice anymore, but I think Hocchan is doing a pretty decent job.

It's better for anime viewers anyhow.
Old 2012-10-09, 19:42   Link #22
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Epi01 didn't have shaka-shaka-hey. =[
Old 2012-10-09, 19:59   Link #23
Dizzyworld2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Epi01 didn't have shaka-shaka-hey. =[
Spoiler for for reason:
Old 2012-10-13, 12:17   Link #24
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

So regarding Episode 2, I'm glad we got our narcolepsy explaination. A lot of people are complaining about the emphasis on it, like it was way too dark.

My initial interpretation to it is that this is the substitute we get for missing Rin 1. Remember Rin 1? Everything was rosy and things were going great until suddenly, abruptly, Riki's narcolepsy struck, and the game ends as it fades to black. And that disturbing music plays... It puts a serious and unsettlingly dark twist on the up til that point perfectly fun and carefree story.
I think this was the closest we're gonna get to that. They're getting it out of the way early, before Komari's route. I'm sad that we won't have the time to fully grow attached to the characters and the world before this could happen, but this is the anime adaptation, they're minimizing the story to the bare essentials and, it would appear, trying to fit it into a single 2 cour season. If this is any sign that they can make something good of it regardless, I'm content.

I'll leave the rest of my thoughts on episode 2 until after I've watched the sub.
Old 2012-10-13, 12:43   Link #25
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The problem I have with this setup is how it makes the illness rather "unsettling" despite it is really the bad end itself and the world "rewinding" that leads to that.
So basically, I wasn't surprised they would make such mood, but that's way too early, so it paints Riki's narcolepsy overdramatic, or even fishy if you think about it.

In the vn, the narcolepsy felt a bit mundane, albeit crippling for Rikki, until WHAM, you got Rin1 bad end. And that was the shock factor imho, hence why Rin1 is almost unavoidable when you read LB the first time: you think it is the usual narcolepsy period, then you realize there is "something more".
Old 2012-10-13, 12:51   Link #26
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Klashikari, might you be thinking too much into it? I assume you've read the VN so the presentation of plot points itself is no spoiler; but for anime first-time viewers, Riki's narcolepsy being as emphasized as you say instead of Riki himself just spelling it out within a few lines of the opening song in the game would be more "flashy" if you will - clueing them in to a greater happening waiting in store for the anime. Which is, I think, something that's done exclusively for the anime target, because game veterans are here virtually to see their characters in animated form and watch hawkishly if the anime is "faithful" to the game.

It's why I'm even here on an anime sub-forum: it'll be interesting to hear opinions as the plot progresses from TV viewer's point of view as I did with the game section.
Old 2012-10-13, 18:04   Link #27
flack

Ok this is out of curiousity due to the slideshow scene when Riki saw a flashback after reading the letter midway through the episode 2.

Is JC staff going to do each of the routes through a flashback?
Cuz that would make it REALLY confusing to those who haven't played the VN and not very emotional.

Moreover, they showed Refrain scenes, does that mean it already happened?
Old 2012-10-13, 19:00   Link #28
Team Rocket Elite

Late game spoilers. Regarding the "secret of this world" note scenes.
Spoiler for Late game spoilers:
Old 2012-10-13, 20:00   Link #29
OPN

Spoiler for More ingame spoilers:
Old 2012-10-13, 20:10   Link #30
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

I think that slideshow was the highlight of episode 2 for those of us who've gone through the VN.

Doing each of the routes as flashbacks...I'm not sure how I would feel about this. Yeah, it would certainly be confusing for non-VN people (heck, the pacing of it would probably mess up some of the VN people too). But it's still one of the ways JC Staff could do things.

Other than the slideshow of scenes from numerous routes, everything else about the episode was nearly spot-on with the VN. I'm content with that.

I'm really curious on why that slideshow showed specific scenes from specific routes. We see slides of each of the Little Busters members, then we see some scenes from Refrain, both of Rin's routes, Haruka's route, and Komari's route. My question is, why only those routes? I'm hoping there's some significance to this, and the answer's not just, "We just needed some scenes for that so we just picked whatever."
Old 2012-10-13, 20:17   Link #31
Team Rocket Elite

Late game spoilers. Regarding the "secret of this world" note scenes.

Spoiler for Regarding scene choice:
Old 2012-10-13, 20:32   Link #32
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2012-10-13, 21:25   Link #33
OPN

Spoiler for Spoilers galore DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU PLAYED THE VN! IM SERIOUS!:
Old 2012-10-13, 21:52   Link #34
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

Spoiler for more spoilers:
Old 2012-10-13, 21:56   Link #35
Mayama12811

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2012-10-13, 22:02   Link #36
OPN

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2012-10-14, 12:27   Link #37
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Good to see Riki still has a boner for Kyousuke in the anime adaptation :I
Old 2012-10-14, 20:46   Link #38
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

I thought Key's formula was light & fluffy to get you hooked in the start, and have people die off at the end. LB's anime seems to leak some dark stuff right from the start.
Old 2012-10-15, 03:04   Link #39
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

A little cameo in episode 2? The three girls asking about Rin's whereaboutsn during cleaning duty...

Spoiler for Yuiko Route:
Old 2012-10-15, 05:23   Link #40
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
A little cameo in episode 2? The three girls asking about Rin's whereaboutsn during cleaning duty...

Spoiler for Yuiko Route:
I do believe you're right.
Closed Thread