AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-08-01, 17:53   Link #21
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Battle Angel Alita
No hope, and that one OVA they made was awful.
Actually with last order being published, there is a chance for a gunnm/battle angel tv series. I just hope if it is ever made, they follow the manga closely. That ova was pretty bad.
Old 2004-08-01, 19:02   Link #22
Tech^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Sanctisstessa
MAR..hopefully it will not be as bad as Flame of recca

Agrees

mebbe bowling king cause the manga makes me laugh so hopefully the anime will be better ^_^
Tech^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 19:07   Link #23
7thMethuselah

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou : so far only 2 OVA have been made, I really want an anime made out of it. The serenity, the great story, the slowness, everything, I really want them to animate it

Alice 19th : great manga, a bit like her other ones at times but great nonetheless.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 20:06   Link #24
stpehen
kisses for all

I think it would be neat if someone turned Henshuoh into an anime. Given that the manga is all about the fucked up world of manga publishing, seeing that turned into an anime would be a rather interesting and cerebral experience. Of course, since its major message is that the manga industry is corrupt and disgusting, it's hard to imagine an anime production company getting lots of corporate sponsors willing to shell out (hell, it's bizarre that such a manga was printed by a major publisher, and for 16 volumes no less).

Failing that, might as well hope for another 3-season production for 20th Century Boys.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 20:26   Link #25
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou : so far only 2 OVA have been made, I really want an anime made out of it. The serenity, the great story, the slowness, everything, I really want them to animate it
Yes! Someone who agrees with me. ^^
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 20:54   Link #26
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
I think it would be neat if someone turned Henshuoh into an anime. Given that the manga is all about the fucked up world of manga publishing, seeing that turned into an anime would be a rather interesting and cerebral experience. Of course, since its major message is that the manga industry is corrupt and disgusting, it's hard to imagine an anime production company getting lots of corporate sponsors willing to shell out (hell, it's bizarre that such a manga was printed by a major publisher, and for 16 volumes no less).
Hmm.. that sounds interesting. Is there another name for that manga? I can't seem to find it.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 21:59   Link #27
stpehen
kisses for all

The Japanese title is 編集王 and translates to "The King of Editors." I don't believe anybody is scanlating it, as it's not very well known in the community (despite getting to 16 volumes) and it's from the mid-90s. I suppose I wouldn't count out Mangascreener for doing it, but it's long and I don't think any of our 4 translators are willing to make a commitment right now. It's a great manga though. Often referred to by names such as "the manga that crushed the dreams of 100,000 aspiring mangakas."
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 01:34   Link #28
domino
デレデレ

I'd like to see more shoujo series like Hana-Kimi, Alice 19th, MARS, and Peach Girl made into anime. Some of those series are pretty popular (with 20+ volume status), so I wonder why they haven't been animated yet... And a second series to continue Fruits Basket would be great.

But then again, shoujo anime tend to be EXAAAAAACTLY like their manga counterparts, which can make them pretty dull to watch. Since shoujo anime focus more on talking/relationships/emotional things rather than really cool-looking, well-animated shonen anime fights (*cough*Naruto*cough*), it might be boring if you already know everything that happens... but I think I would watch them anyway.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 01:56   Link #29
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I would really love to see an anime of Pretty Face. I bet it would be funnier than Midori No Hibi. But alas, the manga isn't even doing well which you can palpably figure out by all the problems the mangaka had and the abrupt ending.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 02:17   Link #30
ahvat

Send a message via AIM to ahvat
This manga will become an anime

Vagabond the fictionized biography of Miyamoto Musashi
but in history fact he was defeated by an unarmed Marial Artist
byt he name of Mutsu

Miyamoto Musashi

Mutsu Yakumo
ahvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 02:31   Link #31
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Um... you don't think Shura no Toki is historically accurate... do you...?
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 06:57   Link #32
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Love Wan! *is a nerd*
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 19:32   Link #33
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I wouldn't like Alice 19th to be anime, its no good... ^_^
I the kind that like Romance / Comedy / Sci-fi
I like Vampire Game though
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 19:48   Link #34
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
...shoujo anime tend to be EXAAAAAACTLY like their manga counterparts, which can make them pretty dull to watch...
The same can be said for shounen anime, but I won't bother saying it...

What I will take exception with is the notion that anime doesn't bring anything to the table when it comes to expressing character, emotion, relationships etc. IMO anime can do any and all of these at least as well as any other medium - and in some ways it can do them better. I don't see anything boring about this - in fact it's what I enjoy most about anime.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 06:49   Link #35
Ri_
mangaworm

I'd like to see a Banana Fish anime... and a TV-series for Akira, 13 eps or something, as I love the manga and was pretty dissapointed by the movie.
Otherwise, Subaru and 20th Century Boys I'd like to see animated too. And Happy!.
Ri_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 07:18   Link #36
Niti
Live wild and die young

Send a message via MSN to Niti
I would Like

Hanakimi No Kimi Tachi E , to become an anime,, I am not into shojo manga, but this series , was cashi cause I love comedy, and this series is like smaked with comedy,, and a litle bit love , you know the senarios, anyway a manga worth to become an anime,

I would also like My manga to become a anime :P
Niti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 10:47   Link #37
EVILteddie
Chicago Fan-Boy

Send a message via AIM to EVILteddie Send a message via MSN to EVILteddie
I think MARS could be made into an awesome anime, if done right. The art is really great IMO, and the story is one of the best romance stories I have ever read.
EVILteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 11:57   Link #38
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!

Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
.dreams of Love Eva (Girlfriend Of Steel 2 Manga) being made into a anime would be great..hehe series 2 on eva...*wishes*
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 13:35   Link #39
White_Line

Send a message via AIM to White_Line
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Sanctisstessa
MAR..hopefully it will not be as bad as Flame of recca
That was exactly what I was going to say! Flame of Recca ended too...blah...

Anima+ Would be a really cute series as well! And Bleach would be anawesome series too! But really mostly the stuff I watch are Shoujo...though I luv Shounen manga. XP
White_Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-05, 13:53   Link #40
auriya

Wow, I somehow forgot about Hanakimi! I'd totally watch it as an anime. I don't watch enough shoujo anime...
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote