Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2009-11-12, 12:11   Link #1
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Positive Feedback

I've been very outspoken, in recent days and weeks, as it pertains to making policy change suggestions for two of Anime Suki's current policies. In the process of doing so, I perhaps have given the wrong impression, and I'd like to clear that up here.

Furthermore, given the frequent constructive criticism that is part and parcel of a subforum like this Forum & Site Feedback forum, I felt that it might make for a complimentary change of pace to have a complimentary thread to recognize the good work that Anime Suki's administration and moderation staff have accomplished.

So, to start the ball rolling here, I'm going to thank the administration and moderation staff of Anime Suki for a few key areas of good implementation on their part; good implementation that has enhanced my posting experience here on Anime Suki...

1) The overall Anime Suki site layout is impeccable, in my view. It is admirably straightforward and streamlined, yet also thorough and comprehensive. By the overall site layout, I mean the four headings of Anime Discussion, Anime Related Topics, AnimeSuki & Technology, and General, and the clear and concise subheadings that they're broken down into. There isn't much overlap between the subheadings, and I've never really felt confused over what subforum is the best place to post something that I want to post... whereas on other message board sites, I have been confused at times due to overlap issues.

2) I very much like how the User Control interface works. In particular, I like the way that the profile page works, with visitor messages and the ability to have a profile page picture separate from your avatar. In my cases, it lets me promote two of my favorite anime characters instead of just one.

3) Anime Suki's sig size limits are very good, I think, and I say that as a person who got into trouble for having a sig size slightly beyond the limits of the rules once. On some message boards I've been on, sig sizes are frequently massive, and you'd get page after page after page of the sigs taking up more space than the actual post content did. On the flip side, Anime Suki does provide just enough space for sigs to enable creative expressive, but with out drenching threads in sigs.

4) The way you can't post new threads on series boards with out first getting a Moderator's approval... I actually was pretty iffy on this at first, but over time, I've seen the considerable benefits to it. Combined with how thread links bold when new posts are made on them, the total number of threads limit approach does make it easier to separate the new from the old, and focus on the new. If you're somebody who wants to read every new post on a series board, then it's easier to do with Anime Suki's setup than with the setups of some other boards. It also probably acts as a good barrier against troll threads.

5) Speaking of trolls, Anime Suki pretty much lacks them entirely. So... somebody is doing something right there.

6) The overall civility level on Anime Suki's forums and subforums is amongst the two or three best of all the message boards that I've been on. Part of that is no doubt the civil nature of many of the posters here, but the administration and moderating staff probably should get some credit for this as well. Even at the heights of the E8 situation on Haruhi's episode threads, there was nothing that I would call a flame war happening. So, either I didn't see one because it didn't happen, or I didn't see one because the mods were quick in cleaning it up. Either way, that's a pleasant surprise.

I think that the overall civility level on Anime Suki is probably enhanced by the rep point system, which I've come to view as a good feature for Anime Suki. It kind of encourages people to word their posts carefully, so as to minimize offense and hence avoid negative rep points. Some might argue that this stifles speech a bit too much at times, but I'll take that over the frequently coarse, crude, and heated exchanges that I've seen on some other message boards.

7) Taking all of the above together, Anime Suki does a good job in creating an atmosphere of camaraderie amongst much of its poster body.

So, all told, there is much about Anime Suki that is good, and that is uniquely good. The moderators deserve a lot of credit for that.

So, in the interest of fairness, cheers to you all.

If there's other positive feedback that other posters would like to give, then please feel free to do so on this thread.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-11-13 at 11:20.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 14:27   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

• Forum structure is ok.
  • The concept of limiting thread creation in the series sections was a really good idea.
  • Choice of default threads in series sections.
  • Size for avatars and signatures.
  • Current minimalistic style.
  • Spam control is really good.
  • The little culture around it.
Old 2009-11-12, 14:37   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
  • Forum structure is ok.
  • The concept of limiting thread creation in the series sections was a really good idea.
  • Choice of default threads in series sections.
  • Size for avatars and signatures.
  • Current minimalistic style.
  • Spam control is really good.
  • The little culture around it.
Coming from you Cats... I'm feeling like a thousand bucks.

Not to brag or anything, but I think we've done (/doing) fairly well to clean up the spoilers that once plagued particular threads in series specific forums such as the weekly episode discussion threads. I used to post a lot in the Naruto forums back in the days. And at that time I was constantly wishing for someone to invent the ways to punch people over the internet. I don't feel so strongly anymore for such in the present.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 02:19   Link #4
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
[*]The concept of limiting thread creation in the series sections was a really good idea.
Whatever mod decided on this, gets a hug from me!
Old 2009-11-13, 10:30   Link #5
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Oh, good thread.

I would like to thank the moderators and administrators for being understanding and not shooting down everything us normal users may have to say.

Quote:
I too thank this. I can't tell you how many other forums are plagued with duplicate threads and they do little about it.