AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 22 25.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 36.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 24.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 11.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-15, 23:27   Link #41
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i loled at Kyousuke's expression at BL doujins section, priceless
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2010-10-17, 12:05   Link #42
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Best line was clearly "Saori Bajeena". I had the same reaction Kyousuke had if, you know, I was drinking at the same time. Great minds think alike!
Yes,
Spoiler for female anatomy:
surely is an interesting name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
lol fun and bitchy episode! yay for Kyousuke for beating his 1st eroge! may Kami-sama help you
The first one with many others to follow still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Does Kirino ever look good here! The legs, that hair band on her arm and her clothes....wish girls were more IRL like that now. Oh man that dress!
Wow! That green nail polish! It looks so nice on her. Oh lovely! Now it's purple nail polish! Which also looks good on Kirino!
She'd look better with a short skirt there, like the black skirt she wears later.
Not too fond of the green nail polish, but the purple one looks nice on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Seriously...what is up with Saori's last name? Bagina? Replace B with V and g with v and guess what it =
In English (or generally foreign) words, the "v" is generally replaced with a "b". For exmaple, "violin" is written "baiorin" in Japanese. So it's exactly the Japanese writing of the female anatomy

All in all, a pretty good episode and a step up from ep.1, so I'll give it a 9/10.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-10-17 at 23:17. Reason: Sorry, but retort images aren't allowed (forum rule 1.2)
Old 2010-10-17, 20:16   Link #43
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
To be very clear, my problem with your post is nothing more than your assessment of the opening scene, which I completely disagree with.

I do understand the point that you are trying to bring up; I do understand that you wanted scenes to be taken out because it was taking time and space from the stuff that mattered the most for you. But when you are saying that the opening scene was "unnecessary", "utterly useless", "did not enhance the rest of the episode", "nor was it relevant", and "the most expendable"; do you really expect me to agree with your assessment of that particular scene if you put it in those words? I had elaborated on the importance/significance that scene plays within the episode; I had tried to bring in the bigger picture and how it relates to the development/exposition of Kirino's character---although in very few words. do you agree/disagree with my assessment/interpretation of the scene? do you still think is "utterly useless"? I'm not exactly trying to argue anything else besides this.
Let's just agree to disagree.

While I might be a bit too strong to say the segment is "unnecessary", "utterly useless" and "irrelevant". I was thinking in a way that was just about the episode 2 itself. The episode 2 was about the net meeting and Kirino making otaku friends, and I simply thought that scene can be used in any other episodes and still get its points across. In that sense, I still think that scene is the most expendable and does no enhance the rest of the episode 2.

That's not to say the segment is doesn't help to enhance the series. In fact, I agree with you and thought the scene does help the series as whole since this event was only indirectly referred to in novel and it helps to show more about Kirino. Again, I just don't think it was the right place for that scene in episode 2 and after watching episode 3 it only make me feel that the scene should merge with episode 3's opening instead and it will have a lot more impact and meaning that episode.

Quote:
I tried to show the two "different" Kirinos that appeared on this episode, so I used the word "confident" to describe the character/personality of her usual self, in contrast to the awkward one of the RL meeting. I do agree that she didn't fit in; however, I was under the impression that the lack of confidence, while not entirely the issue, may have been part of it. At school, her friends are the ones who approach her and start a conversation; she responds and interacts with them without any problems. At the RL meeting, she tries to have conversations with people of similar interests, but it does not work out very well. I think part of the issue lies in Kirino herself for not trying more, for giving up too easily. it's not like she doesn't have anything to talk about---she does know her stuff, otherwise she wouldn't argue with Kuroneko---it's just that well, she doesn't seem very confident about it; given her personality and her expectations that others will be the ones to break the ice, it doesn't help very much. of course, this is just how I understood the scene.
I actually thought Kirino tred her best. She's always a princess-like character and like I said, she is out of place just by her looks along. While she does know her stuff, but as the scene show, the others in RL meet simply didn't give her a chance to butt in. She try to joing the conversation by got shut out everytime she tried, any more aggressive, you'll only piss off others. Interesting that you brought up Kuroneko, compare to Kuroneko, Kirino is much more aggressive and daring, and Kuroneko actually cosplayed so you would think she would be more accepted by the rest.

Quote:
I was aware of this issue from the novel, but I did not really find it very important to my enjoyment of the episode. I think the information can bring a different view to the anime, but I want to believe that the anime itself did well developing Kirino as a character by exploring how she interacts with different people, especially ones with similar interests.
I think this is where we are off. The way I look is since this episode is about IR meeting, than the character building part should to concentrate to this segment instead of making up a generic scene that more or less does not related directly to the IR meeting itself. Especially when you expect there will be episodes that deals with school and family view of Kirino's hobby.

Quote:
a slip of the tongue. I have not read all volumes so far released of the novel; I apologize if I gave that impression. on the other hand, I have been able to read what has been so far translated into English (3/4 or half of the first volume) and I also listened to the Drama CD, which is exactly what the anime has covered in the second episode. Although I cannot remember all details of the story (except for the most important ones), I think I can still make an assessment/comparison based on the stuff I'm already familiar with. However, I'm trying to take the anime as a different being and not just as an adaptation of the source material. I believe, so far, it has done a very good job telling the core of the story, while also giving subtle hints of the underlying cues relating to the characters---which the novel, Drama CD may go into more detail. Yes, there's some stuff that has been cut out, but I think we got the basic premise of the story, which feels very cohesive to me.
And this is actually why I'm critical of that segment as well. I don't want to see and anime adaption as simply and adaption. Therefore, you have to get the basic infomation out of the way and events like RL meeting become important because you are setting up important characters and establish them in the series. after they get that out of way they and change the details afterward. You shouldn't have read the original novel just to find out that Saori is the same age as Kuroneko. You shouldn't have to guess that Kirino is popular and fashionable. Take care of this scene first and you free up to do other changes you want.

Quote:
I think I wasn't very clear. what I was trying to say by conciliating her hobbies with her normal way of life, is the fact she has to hide her hobbies from others. "normal way of life" wasn't perhaps the right way to phrase it; let's change it with the way people see her.
Which is fine, but she has been hiding it for a while without problem, so why would other people sees her differently. It make more sense and impact that his friends only find it weird after certain things occurs, and that even is RL meeting which is another reason I say the opening scene is out of place.
Old 2010-10-18, 15:51   Link #44
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I actually thought Kirino tred her best. She's always a princess-like character and like I said, she is out of place just by her looks along. While she does know her stuff, but as the scene show, the others in RL meet simply didn't give her a chance to butt in. She try to joing the conversation by got shut out everytime she tried, any more aggressive, you'll only piss off others. Interesting that you brought up Kuroneko, compare to Kuroneko, Kirino is much more aggressive and daring, and Kuroneko actually cosplayed so you would think she would be more accepted by the rest.
I'm not sure but I think the general impression from reading the novel is that the first RL meeting did not work out because of the way Kirino dressed that day, which as you said, is pointed out by both her brother and Kuroneko. however, I want think the audience can relate more to this scene because it focused on the awkward interaction between Kirino and the other girls. I think it's a situation everyone has experienced, when you meet new people and become a bit nervous; and the conversations end up being awkward or non-existent at all. it's hard to open up, especially for her, who may not be precisely the easiest person to talk to (her brother can confirm this). I think it was a good idea to focus on Kirino as a character, to explore her social interaction, because as audience we can relate more. and this meeting and the one right after serve in part for this purpose.

Quote:
And this is actually why I'm critical of that segment as well. I don't want to see and anime adaption as simply and adaption. Therefore, you have to get the basic infomation out of the way and events like RL meeting become important because you are setting up important characters and establish them in the series. after they get that out of way they and change the details afterward. You shouldn't have read the original novel just to find out that Saori is the same age as Kuroneko. You shouldn't have to guess that Kirino is popular and fashionable. Take care of this scene first and you free up to do other changes you want.
not sure if I want to argue this, but what impact does it have on the story. how does the information they did not quite address affect the anime as a whole. I'm not sure how knowing Saori's age would affect the story at this point; I'm not sure if you really have to state that Kirino is actually (?) a fashionable person if you know that she is a model and visually, she appears to be very fashionable every time she's shown on screen. I believe there's certain information that should be translated from the original work for coherence's sake, but an anime is a different medium from a novel, and should take certain liberties as far as the storytelling goes---not everything should be kept 1:1. Thus, there's information and details that are not going to appear and shouldn't necessarily do so given the context and the importance---this latter is of course debatable. that's why I find very important to understand first what the anime is trying to do and whether I'm enjoying the work independently of the source material. it doesn't matter how closely they are following the original if you are not enjoying the end product.
Old 2010-10-25, 15:38   Link #45
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
What Genre is Ore no Imouto under as of now?
Wikipedia claims it to be Romance , comedy and drama.
Would the hint at romance be incest(Sex between blood relation)?
Or will is it hinting at something possible in the future for Kyosuke/Kirino?
I have not read the manga yet, I guess Kirino will feel her love to Kyousuke...
Kirino seems typical Tsundere girl. In this ep, Kirino expressed her jealousy to Kyousuke's classmate girl. So, I wonder the main topic of this series will be Romance(between blood relation)...
In Anime & Manga or Eroge, isnt it abnormal?!
I guess the theme of Kirino's eroge is her hope that she didnt realize
anyway this show reminds me of Konata in lucky star !!!
Girl play Eroge, !!!
Old 2010-11-10, 03:51   Link #46
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ok, I seriously laughed when it suddenly turned into like a debate on Animesuki about anime. "Pretentious emo girl", "Post Evangelion biter" and moe bashing. Excellent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-04-03, 09:36   Link #47
Misaka of Misaka
Satorina Fan

I would like to evaluate this episode highly.
Series staff could describe what Akihabara is actually well.

By the way, Kuroneko seems to be a very special type of Otaku
because she had courage to quarrel with Kirino, who she had never met before.
I think if she were a normal type of Otaku, she would have shrunk from Kirino's fancy appearance.