Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-09, 22:16   Link #21
Key Board
Carbon

thanks for the explanation

I'm not sure if I agree with the term "relic' though
It seems to me that "idol" would be more appropriate

Kureha was a soul blader? could've fooled me.. I don't recall her pulling any blades from someone

Oh, you might find this interesting

Ryuuna's class changed from

神竜の巫女 -> 白竜の巫女
Priestess of the Dragon God -> Priestess of the White Dragon

I don't know the significance of this, but you might
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 22:30   Link #22
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I prefer the term Relic because those artifacts are essentially containers.

And no, Kureha is not a Soul Blader, but carrying the blood of one made her powers above your typical Miko. She can produce Soul Blades in a way no other Miko can.
Kiria is the same, he is not a Miko (he is treated by Kureha's mother as a spare because his power as a Miko simply isn't good enough). But still, carrying that bloodline makes him better than your average Soul Blader.

And Ryuna's job class, I don't see much of a significant right now outside she might be overseeing a different Relic than the one she did in Tears.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 01:03   Link #23
KBTKaiser

Actually, if you think back the old shining series games. It's always been about a Dark Dragon, so Ryuna's job change is just fluff clarification?
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 09:04   Link #24
Key Board
Carbon

http://shining-world.jp/blade/chara/

seems like Xecty somehow followed Kiriya back to his world
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 10:01   Link #25
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Whut.

Not sure how she made it possible, but not surprising considering Kiriya and Xecty are pretty much the main ship of Wind.

I thought that was just a trivia of 'what happened to the Wind' gang, but then I clicked their portraits... and they're actually part of the Shining Blade game? o_0

Guess the plot thread shmaster brought up may actually come in after all.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 16:07   Link #26
KBTKaiser

according to the profiles

KurehaTouka's joining the fight because it's disturbing the dimensional boundary between the two worlds. Additionally, she's a viable songstress candidate.
Shiina Kanon and Xecty are tagging along. Xecty was actually being an dimensional exchange student(yes, foreign exchange on a dimensional scale) staying at Shiina's place. The location of Shining Blade's battles happens to be Jinkurou's birthplace(And I think this is Mao's kingdom, as she IS a princess), so he's back to help save his homeland. Claraclan is coming to help from faraway Liberia.

Additionally, this freaking map is a upsized map of Shining Tears, goddamn Shieldia city in the freaking middle.
Old 2012-02-09, 05:15   Link #27
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
The moves and attack may appear plain but overall gameplay looks fun nevertheless. I'm sure a lot of you saw this video already but I might as well post it for those that haven't. Huge plus for the returning characters. :3
Spoiler for Youtube video:

Elf tsundere? <3
Old 2012-02-09, 18:38   Link #28
KBTKaiser

Imouto Elf Tsundere, to be exact. That's Elwyn's younger sister.
Old 2012-03-03, 09:58   Link #29
KBTKaiser

NEW FREAKING CHARACTER UPDATE!
The main quartet of Shining Hearts, with Rick as a Soul Blader.

Also, Diran of the pirates from Shining Hearts returns as well.

This leaves only one unknown in the character listings, among the antagonists.
Old 2012-03-04, 03:20   Link #30
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Xecty traveled to our Earth in a fan disc game.

Also, I am surprised that Dylan retained his human form. I always thought he can only appear as a human in Sakuya's inner world.

Though, I have been expecting Rick. All the hints that was thrown out earlier combined with the leak screen shot made me think the last Soul Blader would be him.

But... no sight of Kiria at all. There is only two possibility here:
1. He is that masked Soul Blader on the enemy side.
I'll have a sigh of relief if that is the case.

2. He got left behind and stay at home.
I'll scream in horror in this case. Are you out out of your mind Kureha? Leaving Kiria alone when you know your mother is up to something!?

Wait a second.. something is not right..... Not just Kiria, why are we not seeing any member of Weissritter outside the three already revealed. Especially Mao, her own kingdom is under siege, and we have no sight of her.
Old 2012-03-04, 07:08   Link #31
KBTKaiser

And where the hell are Volg and Keiner, for that matter? Sad we won't see Lazarus back since his VA(Daisuke Gouri) died a while back.

And where the hell is Souma and Rouen? Rouen would be itching to throw his lot in with the team for sure. And Souma, what kind of soul blader are you to leave your partner hanging, eh?
Old 2012-03-04, 18:16   Link #32
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Rouen is here, well it is kind of spoiler but...

Spoiler:

But I expect Volg and Keiner poping out eventually somewhere. They are the kings of their respective country anyway.
Old 2012-03-05, 02:05   Link #33
KBTKaiser

Volg a king? Volg was the leader of Weissritter and the Master of the Pub, not a king. >>;  Unless that's saying that Balboa bailed out near the end of Tears.
Old 2012-03-05, 02:48   Link #34
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Volg became the king of the city after Tears. That is why Mao took over as the captain of Weissritter.
Old 2012-03-06, 09:30   Link #35
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I'm really looking forward to the new combat system. The gameplay is the part that has always kept me from enjoying Tony Taka's Shining Series to its fullest, and now that they decide to adopt Valkyria Chronicles combat system(one of my favorite strategy game), hopefully this game will become a great one.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 03:59   Link #36
KBTKaiser

final character update. The dark dragon itself fills the final slot on the list.
Old 2012-03-14, 03:30   Link #37
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

It seems I have to correct myself on one thing.
It turns out Sakuya and Xero's father are not related.
Rather, the name "Maxima" is actually a title given to the leader of the Legion of Light: Shining Force.
Old 2012-03-16, 02:52   Link #38
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

And once again, the game starts with someone washed up on the beach....at least there's no make bread, sell bread, deliver bread for god knows how long this time round.....I hope...really that was Hearts' main problem...

Also...Altina is bloody cute. And I should have known...that Rinrin is a cat girl...

What's Kelberos's story....she seems rather.....modern compared to everyone else...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-03-16 at 08:37.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 23:03   Link #39
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Ogre-roid from the past. Like Queen from the Shining Bread, only those who is in the lineage of the ancient race can command them, which would be Sakuya.
Old 2012-03-17, 06:04   Link #40
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Does this mean Sakuya is like the strongest character around? So it seems the past races had mecha-musume tech...nice...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-03-17 at 08:00.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psp, sega, shining blade, tony taka