AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 33 26.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 16.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 8.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-18, 03:19   Link #261
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

I really want to see heads rolling now.

Top of the list should of course be the idiot who would eventually fall on his face,Gai.
Argo.
Tsugumi
Arisa

And more,I want like %90 of the cast dead. Somehow I can't feel the same for Haruka through,as she is so nice to Shu at home and she is kinda forced to be there if I'm not mistaken. She even shows remorse by saying "Shu will never forgive me for this".

There wasn't a plan at all,the cannon fodder did nothing,and it was Shu in the end that solo-ed the tower. Shu should have told people about that,and how he cared about their lives so that he would use Tsugumi's clones as cannon fodder to win back the students. Down with the Void ranking system too,and now atleast one person would tell about Arisa and the other losers.

I were Shu I would just fly with Inori and her sword through. Let the suckers die.
Old 2012-02-18, 03:21   Link #262
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
People tends to forget that, it is them who made Shu into their leader (i would say force Shu into leader), while Shu himself already declined...

And partly Shu is to blame too... He can not distinct who is his loyal follower, and who is the opportunist...

Well like he said before, Shu is no leader material... And yesh, he lacks a great tactical advisor, like Shibungi to Gai...
Non only that he really don't ever had some one to teach him how to do. I'm sure Gai had some one that help him to learn how to be a leader or at least more exp that shu.
Plus after Mana die I don't think that shu had so much family anymore I mean we know to well how she mother is and what work do. Hell she is one of the bad guy that made Shu in all this (at least in part 2).
Poor boy the only pople loyal ad him are ...Hare that is die,Inori that is the way she is...and mana that is yandere and you never know what she will do because that damn virus lol.
And people ask themself why Shu is this way

Last edited by Soji; 2012-02-18 at 03:58.
Old 2012-02-18, 03:22   Link #263
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

I still call for mixing genes with Mana.
Old 2012-02-18, 03:48   Link #264
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkyPwnz View Post
You know that statement can be misinterpret easily....
Old 2012-02-18, 03:54   Link #265
bevan
Knight of Zero

Quote:

Just wanted to throw this out - what is Gai's death scene with Mana wasn't as innocent as you thought it be?
Old 2012-02-18, 05:29   Link #266
n120cky

hmm strange episode , I feel sorry for Shu he got so many thing that disturb his mental state . .

- Mana arc when he is still child that lead to LC and eventually cause amnesia for Shu
- Kill Yahiro's brother that cause him to broke down
- Hare killed cause him to became Tyrant
- Mass betrayal and the lost of his arm & king power

I am started to think the creator of the series it self realy REALY hate Shu.
Old 2012-02-18, 05:30   Link #267
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Actually I found this a solid episode. The student's hate towards Shu had been a building up for quite some time amongst the students - even if it wasn't really emphasized on or directly portrayed - so it was just a matter of time for the students to turn against him.

And on the issue of Arisa; I don't say that I feel sorry for her, but the way Arisa was portrayed in this episode made me think that she somehow 'snapped' after that incident with Inori. She lost her position as the school council president, let Shu replace her, only to be held prisoner by him, and eventually got attacked, so could she have succumbed to the stress from all of this? To the extent that she had to use her body, with Nanba of all people...

And we have Gai, albino-ish and zombified. I bet that he's a clone; I don't think the real Gai would actually go off chopping a former best friend's arm...

Oh well, there's no point analysing too much, anyway; it's GC after all.
Old 2012-02-18, 05:31   Link #268
imapanda55

I feel really bad for Shu. If I were in his position I would have taken the same actions because I wouldn't know what else to do. I really wish Hare never died and I want her back
Old 2012-02-18, 06:05   Link #269
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Oh my goodness. The second half of the series went all in...

Damn, this series got dark and gritty is two episodes. No one is safe from death, now.

Arisa is marked for death
Tsugumi is marked for death
Argo is marked for death

Zombie Gai can't be blamed, he's under Death's mind control. Death the Grave Keeper is very powerful.

Yahiro and Ayase remained loyal. Ayase was a true soldier. Yahiro, the dude who betrayed Shu once, didn't do it again.

Tsugumi and Argo were pretty pissy for being rebels. I thought they were used to this sort of stuff. I wonder how they never betrayed Gai.

Anyhow, I'm willing to wager that Shu never needed the void genome for his powers. Haruka and Death want to push Shu to his breaking point. This was it.

He'll start recreating voids from memory, I assume. Hare's bandage will rebuild his arm and he'll then start blowing stuff up.

As for the traitors... I see them getting killed. The GHQ and Void Genomes are bigger bastards than Shu ever was. Arisa sold them out to the GHQ.

Last edited by mechalord; 2012-02-18 at 06:32.
Old 2012-02-18, 06:18   Link #270
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Wait,how do you know Haruka has the same bandage power as Hare did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
You know that statement can be misinterpret easily....
Hey I wouldn't mind mixing my genes with Mana either.
Old 2012-02-18, 06:41   Link #271
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Wait,how do you know Haruka has the same bandage power as Hare did?

Hey I wouldn't mind mixing my genes with Mana either.
I meant to say Hare.

Anyhow, Shu's arm will grow back or get reattached because his true powers should be close to those of Death.

This series got extremely dark extremely fast. The faults in the students really came out. Everyone who was an insecure douche became a backstabber. Ayase and Yahiro stayed cool.

Shu only did what had to be done. GHQ put them in that situation and they massacred everyone without remorse. Shu did what he had to and only a few characters could see it and understand it.
Old 2012-02-18, 06:43   Link #272
Soji

mechalord@ Yeah...I agree. Plus like I already say Shu don't know much how to be a leader or had much exp in that kind of job. What they aspect from him? He do what he think was the best at the moment.
Old 2012-02-18, 06:55   Link #273
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I meant to say Hare.

Anyhow, Shu's arm will grow back or get reattached because his true powers should be close to those of Death.

This series got extremely dark extremely fast. The faults in the students really came out. Everyone who was an insecure douche became a backstabber. Ayase and Yahiro stayed cool.

Shu only did what had to be done. GHQ put them in that situation and they massacred everyone without remorse. Shu did what he had to and only a few characters could see it and understand it.
But Hare died in Episode 15. But yeah,this show progresses too fast for its own sake. The entire "school part" should have been done in like twice as many episodes as we are given now,a big part of the story is rushed out in only like four episodes.
Old 2012-02-18, 07:00   Link #274
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I liked this episode because it generated an emotional response in me as a viewer. Most of these characters were already whiny, whimpy, superficial, and all around pretty douchey. Now they betrayed Shu. And you know what? It didn't surprise me that these characters did what they did when they did nothing more than bitch or act like spoiled brats before.

It was no big surprise that the kid without use of her legs and the kid with the screwed up life at home acted the most mature.

Tsugumi and Argo really grated on me. These guys are supposed to be battle hardened guerillas, yet they deferred to the spoiled princess over someone they had fought alongside with... someone that had won them unwinnable battles before. Argo and Tsugumi owed Shu ten times over.
Old 2012-02-18, 07:03   Link #275
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

I also hate Argo for looking down on Shu. Funeral Parlor could do without Argo but not without Shu.
Old 2012-02-18, 07:08   Link #276
Soji

DarkyPwnz@ And don't forgot he don't know all Shu go trought until now...hell the one that know more there other that Inori was Ayase .
Old 2012-02-18, 07:53   Link #277
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

honestly, I'll give this episode 10/10 if only there isn't Kuhouin Arisa.... damn!!!! She reminded me a lot with that Flay Alster b*tch....
now... Gai is the final boss and Shu lost his power...

it's been a long time since I feel so depressed after watching an anime.... I believe the last time I feel this is when I'm watching Code Geass.... same plot of betrayal....

now, it's finally the interesting part... when Shu and Inori are left alone and powerless...

@soji
wow!!! you posted earlier again....
Old 2012-02-18, 09:04   Link #278
Soji

Quote:
now, it's finally the interesting part... when Shu and Inori are left alone and powerless...
Don't forgot about Mana there is the chance that she think to try something .
Quote:
@soji
wow!!! you posted earlier again....
lol. Well the ep was interesting soXD
Old 2012-02-18, 09:14   Link #279
Xaturas

I wonder what face will Arisa make when Jesus Gai betray her ^^.
Will be fun to watch, I have my popcorn ready for that time.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:26   Link #280
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
I wonder what face will Arisa make when Jesus Gai betray her ^^.
Will be fun to watch, I have my popcorn ready for that time.
She won't see that as Mana/Inori will kill her in the next chapter.
Closed Thread