AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-27, 12:43   Link #1
Lockgar

Ryu Hayabusa Worest ninja ever? Or greatest ninja ever?

When most people think of ninja they think of assassination, espionage, stealth, camouflage, specialized weapons, and a vast array of martial arts.

While Ryu Hayabusa seemed to have gotten assassination, weapon specialization and martial arts down, he seems to fail horribly at stealth and camouflage. If you wanted to find him, just follow the bloody mess of bodies he leave behind. However, despite how grossing incapable he appears to be with stealth in the ninja gaiden games, he, in the end, always completes his missions. So you cant argue with results.

However, if I ever wanted to hire a ninja to assassinate someone. Would I hire someone who would leave a story like

"Yeah I heard that when Ted died, his eyes flowed with blood, but there was no sign of an intruder anywhere, and the camera in the room didn't pick up a thing."

or would you rather have

"Some crazy shrieking ninja came crashing through the door, killing everyone in his ways, leaving a bloody mess of death and destruction in his wake. When he finally got to Ted, he just grabbed him, threw him into the air, jumped up, and drilled him too the ground while going AHHHHHHHH, with what was left of him 3 feet into the ground, after which he flew out the window."

Actually, that second one seems far more intimidating........

What say you?
Lockgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 15:13   Link #2
Shadow Kira01

You forgotten about Tenchu 4, the ninjas who rival Hayabusa Ryu would be Rikimaru and Ayame, as well as Red Ninja: End of Honor in which both games are known for stealth gameplay, whereas Ninja Gaiden focuses on more Devil May Cry or Chaos Legion gameplay style.

Thus, is Ryu Hayabusa the greatest ninja? I would say no.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 15:40   Link #3
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Rikimaru is my vote as the greatest ninja ever. Returned from the dead and his game has the roots of a realistic ninja. Except for the supernatural powers.
Old 2008-10-27, 15:46   Link #4
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Naruto gets my vote as the greatest ninja ever because he can summon frogs and stuff lolz.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 16:33   Link #5
Lockgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Naruto gets my vote as the greatest ninja ever because he can summon frogs and stuff lolz.
On the topic of naruto, we can clearly see his skills of stealth with his bright orange janitor jump suit that in no way would cause him to be more visible.

Then let us not forget his master Kakashi who, during many filler arcs between the end of Naruto and the beginning of Shipuuden, where that weeks main antagonist is actually very stealthy and cunning, Hiding In Plain Sight by disguising himself as a trusted advisor to the family he was seeking to assassinate, managing to even kill one of them without blowing his cover. When he is eventually found out, Kakashi berates him, telling him that such sneaky tactics are not the true ninja way.

Yes, true ninja indeed.

However, let us not also forget how Ryu Hayabusa has master the art of flight, however, he seems to have a disdain for such a technique, as he refuses to use it in the games. Even if the pit may cause him instanced death. Perhaps to challenge himself further.

He also becomes invulnerable to any form of harm while summoning his ninja arts, that even the greatest of demons will not be allowed to register damage to his health bar, I mean, are able to pierce his skin.

One should also note that while chanting, his form will becomes brighter then most lights, nah, the sun itself.

Last edited by Lockgar; 2008-10-27 at 19:08.
Lockgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 18:44   Link #6
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

oh come on we all know the greatest of em all is Joe Musashi from "SHINOBI"

ohh but then we got Alex Kidd in Shinobi World too!!!

and also, Naruto is epic fail as a ninja even tho he does have some cool techniques, I mean his "bright orange janitor jump suit" just screams "blend in with my surroundings"
Old 2008-10-27, 19:10   Link #7
kujoe
from head to heel

I was waiting for someone to mention Shinobi.

realistic ninja = Rikimaru
action movie ninja = Joe Musashi
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 03:07   Link #8
kimlanss

give me Ryu Hayabusa simply because those games (at least the NES ones) are hard like crazy and any ninja with the patience to put up with that bs must be pretty awesome
(plus he gets some tail at the end of the first one)
kimlanss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 00:39   Link #9
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ryu doesn't need stealth you idiots XD Why be sneaky when you're the baddest mother fucker to walk the planet?
Old 2008-10-29, 01:03   Link #10
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

"Worest" is not a word
Old 2008-10-29, 09:19   Link #11
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ryu doesn't need stealth you idiots XD Why be sneaky when you're the baddest mother fucker to walk the planet?
Like Kakashi said to Naruto stop the theatrics and use more stealth.
Old 2008-10-29, 09:22   Link #12
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
HELL YEAH; Hail to the king baby!
Old 2008-10-30, 08:30   Link #13
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Old 2008-10-30, 08:50   Link #14
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
QFT

Bow down to the god!
Old 2008-10-31, 12:08   Link #15
Amray

I personally think that the best ninja is Kasumi from the Dead or Alive series. She is a lot more better than Ryu is, although Ryu is extremely awesome. I just think that Kasumi is great because firstly, she is cute beyond belief, secondly she has nice big.....clothes, and thirdly she is an amazing fighter! (She is also voiced by one of my favourite Japanese voice actors, although that is nothing to do with her actual character...but it is still good)

Ryu is really decent though which I discovered when playing the "Ninja Gaiden" games. It gave me a much greater view on him.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 10:25   Link #16
Yorae_paladin1

Eh no Kasumi is not better than ryu you see Kasumi has not the impressive resume of taking everything satan can throw at humanity and beating it back. All kasumi has fought are strong humans and genetically altered humans if we count her super clone in doa 4

By the way hayabusa has done stealth pay close attention to the opening scene in in NG2 and you'll see how he takes out the black spider ninjas without being seen.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 12:11   Link #17
kaisama

eh, ninja is not as awesome as they were potrayed in video game and stuff, and they also reverse kunoichi role 180 degree in video game lol
oops...wrong place...
kaisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 00:53   Link #18
Socko

Socko is offline   Reply With Quote