AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-29, 14:57   Link #41
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
All this time my major complaint about Bleach has been that the good guys never die. We get all these different characters thrown at us from all angles and we see them getting the crap beaten out of them in fights, but somehow the villains of Bleach seems incapable of delivering a killing blow.

I mean just think about it, if you go back to the war with Aizen, how many casualties were inflicted on the good guys (not counting Gin of course, who turned out to be kinda good in the end)… uhm zero? Yeah I believe so (correct me if I'm wrong). Aizen and his crew all went down, but the war claimed ZERO lives for the other side; I mean what a fucking one-sided massacre that was.

I’ve always felt that dying can give a character so much more than keeping it alive. If some of the good guys in bleach were killed off at their peak of greatness, we would remember them as such, but when they go from being cool characters to becoming silly sidekicks it just feels like they’re in the way.

Renji is a prime example of this. He was a character I really loved when he first appeared, and his fight with Byakuya made him top the list of my favorite characters at the time. Even though I knew he was never going to win, it was one of the most exciting battles I’ve ever seen.

Now what is Renji really doing? Sure he had his moment of glory by crushing a weak fullbringer, but has his character really given anything to the storyline, pushed the plot forward, or had any impact or meaning to the series whatsoever since the “rescue Rukia arc”?.

And then when someone finally dies, it’s probably one of the least developed characters in bleach, and that fucking says a lot in a manga clustered with undeveloped characters.

Hell, you wanna make a villain hated? Have them kill of one of the captains. Hell, kill Ishida, Chad or Orihime, do they honestly serve any purpose in Bleach anymore besides being targets for Ichigo to protect?

But it's fine, cause we're going back to Hueco Mundo to rescue Dondochakka, HURRAY!
Old 2012-03-29, 15:37   Link #42
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liwyn View Post
Drawing the line here. Villains that look like Aizen, ok.... Villains that look like Kariya, also ok... But villains that look like Byakuya AND Findor?
not to take away from anything, Kubo's been at it for a while with similar looking characters...it's just more obvious now -_-
Old 2012-03-29, 16:17   Link #43
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
(not counting Gin of course, who turned out to be kinda good in the end)
Just want to point out that Gin was NEVER a good guy, he simply had his own agenda.
Old 2012-03-29, 17:15   Link #44
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

So kubo decides to attach some kind of importance to the dead guy, How unsurprising since he's the first good guy he's had to kill after so long.
Old 2012-03-29, 21:26   Link #45
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Just want to point out that Gin was NEVER a good guy, he simply had his own agenda.
^this. gin was actually a horrible person. remember when he went up to rukia just to break her resolve for no other purpose than self-amusement? kubo probably doesn't remember, but i do. it was a pretty rotten thing to do. not something a good guy would do. he was always a snakey character, messing with people psychologically for his own amusement. it never made sense that he was a captain and his last minute turn around to liking ichigo didn't make sense either. lots of bleach doesn't make sense frankly...

he's not a 'take over the world' bad guy like aizen, but a bad guy nonetheless. just because rangiku had a crush on him and he felt a 'little' something for her, doesn't make him good or remotely good or even neutral. bad guys can like girls. he was definitely a villain, he just didn't like aizen as much as we were supposed to believe.
Old 2012-03-30, 09:33   Link #46
Calca
Expressionless

So, did sasakibe let himself get knocked out in 1 hit by Ichigo out of loyalty to Yama-ji?

At the very least this should piss off Yama-ji enough to let him go all out fighting and not stand back I'd think.
Old 2012-03-30, 11:28   Link #47
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
So, did sasakibe let himself get knocked out in 1 hit by Ichigo out of loyalty to Yama-ji?
he lost to ichigo before kubo told him he was captain-level with a strongly developed bankai. at that time he was under the impression that he was a weak lieutenant so he lost easily in one move. if he had only known that he was so strong he could have easily stopped ichigo...
Old 2012-03-30, 12:02   Link #48
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I liked to think he was surprised af this speed and strength and was knocked out before he could.
Old 2012-03-30, 13:39   Link #49
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I liked to think he was surprised af this speed and strength and was knocked out before he could.
wouldn't really matter... even surprised a captain should be fast enough to react to his moves and should be strong enough to take a punch. If any other captain had taken a punch like that, you could be sure they would still be standing. Hell that would have been a great way for Kubo to have forshadowed his strength; unlike the other VC's he would still be standing and would seem hardly phase and ready to fight (heh, maybe ichigo might even noticed he hurt his hand when he punched him; or maybe look at him and think "This guy...")... which is when Byakuya would decide to jump in denying whats-his-name a chance to show what he was really made of. He would have probably sparked a decent fanbase from all the fans that would start beliving that he was someone really powerful, much like unohana did

Last edited by Slayerx; 2012-03-30 at 14:31.
Old 2012-03-30, 14:27   Link #50
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
not to take away from anything, Kubo's been at it for a while with similar looking characters...it's just more obvious now -_-
I'm well aware! I'm just personally drawing the line as he made the new guy look like a white haired Byakuya. It made me sad I always figured Byakuyas looks were at least a bit unique, but now he ruined that, too. Ah well.
Old 2012-03-30, 14:45   Link #51
Eragon
Still Alive

I hope Kubo tries to salvage some respect for bleach in the upcoming chapters.
Old 2012-03-30, 16:12   Link #52
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
And so Kubo begins to hype up the new bad guys as much as possible. The power levels are so messed up in Bleach right now no one knows what's going on.

I did enjoy the chapter even though it was rife with the usual idiocy (retcon, poorly placed humour, another rescue mission). At least things are pretty fast paced.
Old 2012-03-31, 01:21   Link #53
Mateus

Now I want to know when Aizen will become involved again...and how this Vandenreich guy fits into the Soul King/Squad Zero/Urahara/Aizen thing.
Old 2012-03-31, 01:40   Link #54
Lendial

since this is the last straw, he really should not hold anything back, kill one of main cast, make fangirls rage, and end bleach on a high note.
Old 2012-03-31, 04:35   Link #55
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
since this is the last straw, he really should not hold anything back, kill one of main cast, make fangirls rage, and end bleach on a high note.
i think we all wish that. but i doubt that's going to happen.
Old 2012-03-31, 08:00   Link #56
Calca
Expressionless

I too can use a Bankai. Unfortunately I can only use it when no one else is around. Wish I could show you all. But I have it! Truth!
Old 2012-03-31, 08:05   Link #57
Eragon
Still Alive

Now now, I think we have bashed Kubo enough in this thread (Not that I mind more funny posts)
Old 2012-03-31, 17:12   Link #58
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Now now, I think we have bashed Kubo enough in this thread (Not that I mind more funny posts)
We don't bash Kubo...we just point out truths!
Old 2012-04-01, 10:48   Link #59
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
just because rangiku had a crush on him and he felt a 'little' something for her, doesn't make him good or remotely good or even neutral. bad guys can like girls. he was definitely a villain, he just didn't like aizen as much as we were supposed to believe.
Duuuude... understatement of the year! Rangiku was Gin's only friend. In short, she was his world. His desire to punish those who had hurt her drove his every action from the time he was a child until he died in her arms. Did he go about it in the best or even nicest way possible? No, but that doesn't change the fact that what he felt for her was a whole lot more than a "little something" or that it changed the course of his life (and hers).
Old 2012-04-01, 15:02   Link #60
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Duuuude... understatement of the year! Rangiku was Gin's only friend. In short, she was his world. His desire to punish those who had hurt her drove his every action from the time he was a child until he died in her arms. Did he go about it in the best or even nicest way possible? No, but that doesn't change the fact that what he felt for her was a whole lot more than a "little something" or that it changed the course of his life (and hers).
yea, that's fine. its beside the point I was making anyway in that gin feeling anything for her didn't make him good
Closed Thread