AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-12-15, 02:02   Link #1
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Most unusual/creative/original character?

Alright folks, here is a chance for something unorthodox.

In your opinion, who in the Gundam universe is the most unusual, creative, and perhaps, original? In other words, which Gundam character is the weirdest of them all?

They absolutely do not have to be main characters.

- Tak (And no, I don't need to know if your Kira is bigger than his Shinn, or if your Meer jiggles more than Lacus, thanks)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2006-12-15 at 02:35.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 02:27   Link #2
OMG_Zerg_Rush

This is a hard one........
Most creative would have to be Shiro from 8th MS (has any other pilot used thier own arm as a weapon)

But the weirdest imo would have to be Heero from GW (for a guy who talked about peace so much, he had no idea what peace was)
Old 2006-12-15, 02:49   Link #3
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Weirdest?

That Turn-A jump-suit and Diana-hippies are pretty weird.

The most creative is probably Master/SUPER-wannabe Asia. He does have some of the craftiest moves inside and outside a MS.

....Does D.O.M.E count?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 03:38   Link #4
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Most creative would have to be Shiro from 8th MS (has any other pilot used thier own arm as a weapon)

But the weirdest imo would have to be Heero from GW (for a guy who talked about peace so much, he had no idea what peace was)
Shiro is defineatly the most resourceful LOL

id agree that Heero is an interesting character, even tho hes working for peace i think hes killed atleast 1 million people LOL
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 03:48   Link #5
Tak

I always thought Heero was the mouth of Relena. He does not have to understand what he is talking about, all he has to do is to enforce Princess Peacecraft's bidding.

- Tak (and someone refresh my memory... Heero spoke of peace? That Heero?)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2006-12-15, 04:39   Link #6
sx3
0 Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I always thought Heero was the mouth of Relena. He does not have to understand what he is talking about, all he has to do is to enforce Princess Peacecraft's bidding.

- Tak (and someone refresh my memory... Heero spoke of peace? That Heero?)
uh he didnt really speak much of peace it was more of they were fighting for peace and stuff even tho they were killin, heero especially killing lol
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 05:04   Link #7
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
(for a guy who talked about peace so much, he had no idea what peace was)
I just realised that this could describe almost every character in Wing
Old 2006-12-15, 06:44   Link #8
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Dude, I think Trowa or somebody besides Heero has had a higher kill count.

I'd say the most original and creative character will have to go to Char Aznable. I don't care, this guy is an icon and everything creative about him were ripped off by other clone characters, but we all know Char was the original.
Amuro Ray was just another Son Goku in a mecha show.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 10:16   Link #9
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
Amuro Ray was just another Son Goku in a mecha show.
Wasn't that G-Gundam?

- Tak

Old 2006-12-15, 16:42   Link #10
Gundam Zero Force

Relena . . . of course for me

Of all the Gundam Series I have seen she is by far the most different character I have seen . . . . but I like that Heero would come next . . . . . Gundam Wing had a whole Collection of "out of the box" characters I guess you could say . . . . but after seeing GW the TV series Relena ranks #1 in originality . . . . never seen a girl so googly eyed for a guy trying to kill her . . . . I guess that is what she like though . . to each his/her own . . .lol
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 00:32   Link #11
4Tran

This is a pretty interesting question. I think that the two most unusual characters are Domon Kasshu and Fllay Allster. The most unusual thing about Domon is how straight-forward he is. He's obsessed from the beginning and that obsession leads him to performing most of his actions for the entire show. Add this to the fact that he's essentially the stereotypical wuxia protagonist, and he appears to be quite unique in Gundam. Fllay is unusual in quite a different way - she's composed of a bunch of seemingly contradictory character elements. The most important being that even though she's got faults a-plenty, Fllay also has the means and willingness to overcome them. But instead of being a hero, villain, or sidekick, she's much more of an observer; one unable to change the events around her.

Honorable mentions go to:
Relena Peacecraft - she managed to change the world even though she was effectively powerless.
Lacus Clyne - despite the image she projects, she's a major political mover and shaker.
Quattro Bajeena - in many ways he represents all of Gundam. Not least of all, in his seemingly contradictory nature.
Old 2006-12-16, 05:08   Link #12
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Gotta go with Zechs Merquise...calm, collected, he has human qualities yet an aura of godliness about him, and come on...give him a black trenchcoat and a 6 foot long katana and who do we have there?

Nobody else looks like that.
Old 2006-12-16, 10:51   Link #13
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:

Nothing like ripping off your own arm and giving someone a bitch slap with it

Shiro all the way *huggles his Ez8 model*
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 12:19   Link #14
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

two "words" char aznable! reasons i'm sure wd will state them later.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 12:37   Link #15
Neku
yare yare..

Original? The first thing that crossed my mind was Rau.

and now.. yeah, Rau.

As for unusual and creative.
Creative probably goes to Lacus. Uh.. too lazy to tell why I think she's creative.

Unusual goes to Rey. But I'll apply that to me only because uh.. at first, I thought he's a girl. Then I thought he looks gay. Next he tells me he's a clone. Suddenly he's a rival to a sudden main character. Then he kills who I think is his gay partner. Well, well, well.. Isn't he unusual?

PS: They're all from SEED(should I say duh?).. since I've only watched SEED.
Old 2006-12-16, 12:52   Link #16
Ansa

Lacus is really the most interesting because most of the time you have no idea what she's thinking, in the early parts of SEED she's just a pop idol of ZAFT then later she ends up being the most politically powerful person in the world, so much so that Meer is brought in during Destiny to wave her power for ZAFT's purposes.

Other notable characters are...

Char
Four
Athrun

and a few others.
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 15:52   Link #17
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Actually, it's quite obvious what Lacus is thinking, and it can be summed up in one word: peace. Not that hard to see. She's certainly not a difficult character to understand.
Old 2006-12-16, 15:52   Link #18
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Honorable mentions go to:
Relena Peacecraft - she managed to change the world even though she was effectively powerless.
yeah she was powerless in the extent of fighting and maintaining the peace without force . . . but she sure could make a good speech . . . especially for her age in the series . . I don't see many girls at that age who can say the stuff she was . . . . amazing lol
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 16:29   Link #19
Ansa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Actually, it's quite obvious what Lacus is thinking, and it can be summed up in one word: peace. Not that hard to see. She's certainly not a difficult character to understand.
you see that now but she acts like a complete ditz when you first see her, which is what I was referring to =_=
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 17:43   Link #20
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
yeah she was powerless in the extent of fighting and maintaining the peace without force . . . but she sure could make a good speech . . . especially for her age in the series . . I don't see many girls at that age who can say the stuff she was . . . . amazing lol
Go watch SEED/Destiny and see Lacus in action In front of her Releena's speeches look like complete crap