AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-28, 19:05   Link #61
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Because like I said, it seems to clean up the graphics without ruining the original style, making it a great way for fans of the original to pick it up (or a good way for them to introduce it to someone who hasn't played it yet). If you view it that way, then just don't pay for it, simple.

What I meant is that the standard for motion control right now is shaky and stuttery at best. Simple stuff like Nintendo Land's mini games on the Wii U work decently well, but that's been the apex of what I've seen motion controls help with. Everything except Dance Central seemed to be broken with Kinect, the Wii is unpredictable, and by god don't even get me started on Playstation Move or trying to use the SixAxis "tilt". Ever try throwing a grenade on Uncharted? Utter misery. The 3DS' tilt is a bad idea too, since the 3D breaks when you do it.

But hey, I'll be open minded here. I think at the base you mean that it gives potential for simple, pickup/expansive ideas to exist, and I'll agree. However, referring back up to my last paragraph, the industry standard just seems to be junk/broken. Either bring the standard up to the games that do work/are enjoyable, or stop shoving motion things where they don't need to be.
loling at "just don't pay for it, simple"
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 09:24   Link #62
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Because like I said, it seems to clean up the graphics without ruining the original style, making it a great way for fans of the original to pick it up (or a good way for them to introduce it to someone who hasn't played it yet).
There was no cleaning up needed, and it does ruin the original style in that it's no longer cel-shaded. It's a lazy imitation of the original's graphics plus an ugly bloom effect that's all too common in graphics scaling to HD by fans.
Quote:
If you view it that way, then just don't pay for it, simple.
The problem is that other people will pay for it, encouraging these lazy cash-ins instead of quality remakes and actual new games.
Old 2013-01-29, 09:26   Link #63
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
There was no cleaning up needed, and it does ruin the original style in that it's no longer cel-shaded. It's a lazy imitation of the original's graphics plus an ugly bloom effect that's all too common in graphics scaling to HD by fans.

The problem is that other people will pay for it, encouraging these lazy cash-ins instead of quality remakes and actual new games.
Tru dat.

Fuck Ocarina in 3D and fuck this game. If they're gonna remake something, remake something that actually needs an update (though I'm not above admitting the graphical update didn't hurt Ocarina). They can just put the original WW on Wii U Virtual Console (and I know they will too if they haven't already).

and Ocarina was at least worth playing in 3D if you didn't have it already, they remade models and everything (or at least smoothed the original ones). But this I seriously doubt will be worth $60.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-01-29 at 17:21.
Old 2013-01-29, 13:46   Link #64
ChainLegacy
廉頗

If they really wanted to 'update' a game, they could try bringing one of the 2-D ones into 3-D. A Link to the Past probably being the best option, but seeing as how the gameplay dynamics were centered around a 2-D world, such an update would be essentially the same as building a game from the ground up.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 17:41   Link #65
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
If they really wanted to 'update' a game, they could try bringing one of the 2-D ones into 3-D. A Link to the Past probably being the best option, but seeing as how the gameplay dynamics were centered around a 2-D world, such an update would be essentially the same as building a game from the ground up.
Agree. I thought the Ocarina remake was okay because it seemed more for the Zelda anniversary celebration than just a doo cash-in. It made sense to remake what many game fans consider the best Zelda game (not me, but I do agree it's great ) for the anniversary.

But this? Now it's obvious they're just fishing for money grabbing ideas, and then only picking from the pool of recent greats because they have a higher chance of selling more I guess (or because it takes less work to remake this than remake a 2D game). I'd much rather see a 20th century Zelda than this, it's not even that old and not extremely notorious like Ocarina.

Though it is notorious for causing a bunch of gamers to scream in rage and hate when it was announced. That was pretty fun to watch.
Old 2013-01-29, 18:04   Link #66
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I'd rather have Link to the Past stay in 2-D, thanks. 3-D just ruins the charm, really. Also, I'm just going to reiterate that I do think Nintendo has become quite lazy as of late, but to be honest, they're probably still the most innovative in terms of new ideas for the overall market. I mean, we're just going to get CoD 26 and Assassin's Creed 14 with XBOX 1570 and PS11. I feel it's pointless to make complaints about stuff like this in this industry; it's a business and they ARE going to re-release stuff into the consoles for profit.

If we want to be looking at serious gaming concerns, we should be looking at stuff like the threat of removing used games entirely and stuff like ULC (Unlockable Disk Content).
Old 2013-01-29, 18:07   Link #67
Kudryavka

'Sho is pointless, but they could have waited a couple of years! lol

This Zelda remake right now and of this game screams "we don't think Wii U will do too well" to me... seems like a repeat of the 3DS junk. Lo and behold, Wii U isn't doing amazingly right now. I was really expecting Nintendo to go all out on Wii U, bring back the gamer to games. All the casual stuff on Wii was cool, but man, we were looking forward to another Nintendo system for us.

Though I liked Wii.
Old 2013-01-29, 18:18   Link #68
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
'Sho is pointless, but they could have waited a couple of years! lol

This Zelda remake right now and of this game screams "we don't think Wii U will do too well" to me... seems like a repeat of the 3DS junk. Lo and behold, Wii U isn't doing amazingly right now. I was really expecting Nintendo to go all out on Wii U, bring back the gamer to games. All the casual stuff on Wii was cool, but man, we were looking forward to another Nintendo system for us.
Seriously, did you not see any of the other recent announcements?

Also, 3DS is now doing quite well actually.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 18:20   Link #69
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Seriously, did you not see any of the other recent announcements?

Also, 3DS is now doing quite well actually.
It is now, yes. I was talking about when it first came out. It only had, like, a handful of launch titles worth playing, and one was a remake. >_> (And by worth playing, I mean that a whole lot of people would buy. Street Fighter, Zelda remake, and a couple others I'm not remembering)

And what announcements? That Wii U isn't doing how well Nintendo expected?

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-01-29 at 18:29. Reason: made a mistake
Old 2013-01-29, 18:25   Link #70
Xagzan

The Nintendo Direct news blowout of Zelda Wii U, New Xeno project, Fire Emblem X SMT? All of that?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 18:33   Link #71
Kudryavka

Quote:
The Nintendo Direct news blowout of Zelda Wii U, New Xeno project, Fire Emblem X SMT? All of that?
Yes I heard all of that.

So your point is that Wii U won't suck, right? Which I have no objection against?

I only said Wii U isn't doing as hot as Nintendo would like. Not about how I don't like Wii U or it'll fail for sure or anything. But this game seems like a sign of deja vu. It makes me feel like Nintendo is afraid, and by that I'm afraid.
Old 2013-01-30, 00:26   Link #72
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Yes I heard all of that.

So your point is that Wii U won't suck, right? Which I have no objection against?

I only said Wii U isn't doing as hot as Nintendo would like. Not about how I don't like Wii U or it'll fail for sure or anything. But this game seems like a sign of deja vu. It makes me feel like Nintendo is afraid, and by that I'm afraid.
Nintendo afraid? If they were afraid why would they remake their most controversial Zelda title ever. I'm sure you remember all the hate and explosion when Wind Waker was first shown.

Out of all their possible games to remake, why do the one that cause the hugest stir in the media and internet? Not a good stir.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 08:36   Link #73
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
I'd rather have Link to the Past stay in 2-D, thanks. 3-D just ruins the charm, really. Also, I'm just going to reiterate that I do think Nintendo has become quite lazy as of late, but to be honest, they're probably still the most innovative in terms of new ideas for the overall market. I mean, we're just going to get CoD 26 and Assassin's Creed 14 with XBOX 1570 and PS11. I feel it's pointless to make complaints about stuff like this in this industry; it's a business and they ARE going to re-release stuff into the consoles for profit.

If we want to be looking at serious gaming concerns, we should be looking at stuff like the threat of removing used games entirely and stuff like ULC (Unlockable Disk Content).
I don't think ruin the charm is the right phrase you're looking for, since you like other 3D games, but I agree, it'd be a whole different game without the 2D orientation. It would definitely be more interesting than a Wind Waker release, though. I'm not really complaining nor am I bashing Nintendo. They are my favorite gaming company.
Old 2013-01-30, 08:55   Link #74
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Nintendo afraid? If they were afraid why would they remake their most controversial Zelda title ever. I'm sure you remember all the hate and explosion when Wind Waker was first shown.

Out of all their possible games to remake, why do the one that cause the hugest stir in the media and internet? Not a good stir.
That was years ago, friend. A lot more people are accepting of that game now. They obviously think they're gonna get a lot of money out of a remake of that game, so I'd assume it's because they know that enough people think it's a good game to turn over more of a profit than just putting GC WW in Wii U Virtual Console and leaving it at that (especially since, unlike Ocarina, WW still doesn't look too terribly dated, so why waste time making a remake if you think people will be content with just buying that?). Otherwise why would they remake this one instead of Twilight Princess (not that old, I know, just an example of a much less bitched at game) or Majora's Mask (which people have been begging for ever since Ocarina 3D) or a 2D Zelda (which would take more work but probably end up seeming a much fresher concept)? And then make this remake an apparently not that improved on remake at that?

tl;dr People like WW now. Honestly, I think WW is the game most likely to turn a pretty profit with the least amount of remaking work, if we assume that TP and later console Zeldas are too new to remake yet (and by this I mean TP was on Wii, so it's a lot fresher in people's minds that WW). Except Majora, I don't know why they don't remake that. Maybe it's too scary

Sorry if you didn't get my point, my words aren't coming together well right now...

and by the way everyone knows CDi Zelda was and still is the most hated and controversial Zelda ever!!!! *shot for naming that which must not be mentioned*
Old 2013-01-30, 23:39   Link #75
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I don't think ruin the charm is the right phrase you're looking for, since you like other 3D games, but I agree, it'd be a whole different game without the 2D orientation. It would definitely be more interesting than a Wind Waker release, though. I'm not really complaining nor am I bashing Nintendo. They are my favorite gaming company.
Well, I think liking 3D games and wanting to retain a 2D charm are two completely different things really. I'd want them to stay away from my favourite Zelda game for sure- Oracle of Seasons.

I dunno, for all of the complaints in here I still find Nintendo brings out the best in me as a gamer. I only buy into the updated releases that I'm super interested in, but I dunno. I definitely agree when people say Nintendo finally needs a new franchise to play off of.
Old 2013-01-31, 15:41   Link #76
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Most of those are still at least a year away. There's a shortage of games now and it doesn't look like that will change soon. When people say they expected Nintendo to go all out, they mean they expected a steady stream of quality releases instead of a poor launch and the drought we have now.

Furthermore, only Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei is new. A new The Legend of Zelda was a given, and we already knew that Monolith Soft was busy on Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Old 2013-01-31, 16:36   Link #77
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Well, I think liking 3D games and wanting to retain a 2D charm are two completely different things really. I'd want them to stay away from my favourite Zelda game for sure- Oracle of Seasons.

I dunno, for all of the complaints in here I still find Nintendo brings out the best in me as a gamer. I only buy into the updated releases that I'm super interested in, but I dunno. I definitely agree when people say Nintendo finally needs a new franchise to play off of.
Yes, Oracle of Time was probably my favorite 2D Zelda, with Seasons as a close second. Good to see there are other fans of this series out there, it gets overlooked. Though to be honest, while I sympathize with your viewpoint about the 2-D games, perhaps I'm showing my pretty strong faith in Nintendo in saying that I think they could pull it off, albeit there'd be differences no matter what.
Old 2013-02-22, 09:38   Link #78
Kudryavka

I had a dream about this game last night, and it looked just like in the teaser shots, but Link talked (he said "Wow so what are we going to do?" to the player I guess) and BEN was in it helping you by floating around on his wooden stand.

:?
Old 2013-04-19, 01:48   Link #79
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm on with this remake and expecting the announcement for a possible release date.

Last year I purchased the Ocarina of Time remake for 3DS and was beautiful to play a veteran game with my own handheld, portable console.

I have the GameCube console at least with one controller and a memory card.

I also have the WII U console with the D-Pad and planning to purchase a Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk.

Lastly, I own most generations of Nintendo's portable consoles:
- Game Boy Classic Black & White
- Game Boy Advanced
- Game Boy Advanced SP
- Nintendo DS Classic
- Nintendo DSi
- Nintendo 3DS

Up to now I own 13 out of the sixteen Zelda games for consoles:
- The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition game disc for Game Cube which includes: Legend of Zelda NES 1986, Zelda II: Adventure of Link NES, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask.
- The double pack feature for Game Boy Advance which includes: A Link to the Past and Four Swords.
- Wind Waker Game Cube.
- Twilight Princess Game Cube.
- Four Swords Adventure Game Cube.
- The Minish Cap Game Boy Advance.
- Phantom Hourglass DS.
- Spirit Tracks DS.
- Skyward Sword Wii.
* Ocarina of Time remake 3DS.

Yes, I'm also of the fandom wishing for possible or potential remakes to the classic, first Legend of Zelda 1986 and Adventure of Link.

I'm also hope that Operation Moonfall comes through, and Nintendo concedes for a possible remake to Majora's Mask, as well.

Last edited by Guido; 2013-07-19 at 01:56. Reason: Updated information
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 06:54   Link #80
Vajra
So Like A Rose

^
I heard that Nintendo wanted to do something with the original Zelda, but then again that might just be the new A Link To The Past game coming out.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote