AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-12-18, 22:27   Link #181
Slayerx

Can we keep in mind that this thread ISN'T a manga thread... honestly, spoilers poeple, spoilers...

as for Garp
Spoiler:
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 22:01   Link #182
rahmuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
One thing i do however see coming, is Zoro vs Shanks... Shanks is quite possibly the second best swordsman in the world after Mihawk.
That's probably true, though it would be quite a twist to have Zoro fight and beat Mihawk, only to learn that Shanks is really the best swordsman and then another fight is setup.
Old 2006-12-20, 17:58   Link #183
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandfireX View Post
i heard that oda is only goign to make a little more than 500 manga chapter
so what does that mean will happen luffy + crew have to fight alot of ppl to make all their dreams come true
If you take away the number of chapters in the East Blue saga (and maybe from the Skypiea saga) from the overall number of chapters at this time, what's left would be roughly about the first half of the Grandline for the Straw Hat crew. I guess that it would make sense if that amount of time is how long it would take the crew to travel the second half if there are going to be 500 more chapters.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 23:42   Link #184
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

i dont know if some one already said this but i think that oda is repeating stuff

coby he is teh first person that luffy meats when he starts his adventures then he comes back just when luffy is going to start his next big adventure

and the same with smoker he is there just as luffy isgoign to the grand line and he is goignt o b waiting for luffy in teh new world so all that we need isfrom dragon to come along
brandfireX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 00:09   Link #185
S_C_L-1

its called PROGRESSION.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 22:00   Link #186
brandfireX

i know that was my point
Old 2006-12-27, 03:28   Link #187
S_C_L-1

repetition =/= progression
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 08:27   Link #188
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Maybe those descriptions are a little vague but what is supposed to be the repetition there? Anyway, any anime will have some sort of repetition somewhere, which is not necessarily bad unless it starts to lean towards episodicness.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 14:15   Link #189
ellifeedn
Thinker

I have thought of two things which are possible, but since I haven´t looked through the whole forum I´m going to write them in separate posts in case they are moved. I don´t know if anyone else wrote this or the other post, so don´t be mean.

First, I believe that Franky´s cyborg body is gas powered. Let me explain if you don´t understand.

Seeing him use cola, I wondered why. Then I remembered that Franky helped built the sea train and therefore he knows how it is powered, which is by steam. He could be using the gas from the cola to power his body like the train, which explains why he has attacks like ¨Coup de Vent¨ and such.

As for the cola, he probably gets hyper from the suger and thus gives him an increase in his physical strength.
Old 2006-12-27, 14:27   Link #190
brandfireX

good thinking thinker i agree i like the steam theory

does anyone think that he could use soe upgrades tho like get usoop to outfit his back with stuff and his feet and legs

i think that one or both of his legs should be hallow to allow for a cola storage
Old 2006-12-27, 14:28   Link #191
ellifeedn
Thinker

This is the second of the two posts.

I believe that Luffy´s Gear Second is ¨incomplete¨ and will be ¨completed¨ and here´s the explanation.

After learning how it works, what the requirements and drawbacks are, and that Oda uses Dragonball influences, I came up with the following.

Gear Second requires nutrients that Luffy depletes when going into it once or twice (depending on how long he´s in it). I remembered how in Dragonball they had those beans that replenish energy with each one and thought that Oda might put it in the story later on as some plant the crew finds and uses.

If Luffy were to use such a thing he could go into it probably two to three times without fail and thus would have a ¨completed¨Gear Second of sorts.

If there are no beans, then Oda may make Chopper make a pill that replenishes nutrients with each one. If that little guy can disrupt the wavelength of his fruit, this is possible for him.

Gear Third may be incomplete as well, but if I think of something I´ll post it.
Old 2006-12-27, 14:31   Link #192
brandfireX

again i agree but the pill is meat for luffy as we have seen oda love the humor in those meat seaking secens by luffy to replenish his strenght

gear 3 is good as is gear 4 is the complete and upgraded version of gear 3 (vulcanization)

and chopper could make a strenght pill for teh whole crew
Old 2006-12-27, 14:49   Link #193
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Like brandfireX said, Luffy does have something like the bean from DBZ which is meat.

If you remember, after he beat Blueno (sp?) he said he was glad that he saved the chunk of meat in his pocket to replenish his energy.
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 00:50   Link #194
onepiecelover

Ok this may sound totally retarted but I have a feeling that Luffy is now strong enough to take on a grand line emperor and he is heading to the Mermen island so I have a feeling that he might fight with one of the Emperor who is also an emperor ^.^ that would be awesome and I know retateds here like to flame so I will just say it I have no basis, I just wish that would happen ^_^
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 01:22   Link #195
brandfireX

i dont think that luffy could take the strongest emperor but maybe, MAYBE teh weakest it would be a thought fight but luffy can addapt to anything really (he does have a problem with smoke tho)

and teh next island/arch(s) is home to a shichbukai jembie
Old 2006-12-28, 04:09   Link #196
onepiecelover

Lets hope so, we know that Whitebeard is the strongest and Shanks we are guessing comes really close so that leaves the other two, one who looks like Franky (wink wink ) and the other who is a merman (captain of Aarlong) and they are going to merman island so I think that he should fight with the merman emperor cuz that would be super cool ^_^ . Lets just hope it doesnt end a filler arc like Skypeia did (yes filler)
onepiecelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 11:43   Link #197
brandfireX

wait i thought that jembi is a shichubukai not an emperor that would be bad if im wrong for luffy to cause merman are physicaly super strong and if arlong was that hard as a normal guy then a shcihubukai would be like 20 times harder to defeat and an emperor almost 100 times harder to beat
Old 2006-12-30, 10:11   Link #198
ellifeedn
Thinker

A few things I´d like to say.

First, I meant to say that Chopper will make a pill that has the effects of the beans.

Second, vulcanization is a permament process for rubber and unless there´s a way to get out of it I don´t think it´s happening. Plus, it decreases the stretchability and flexibility of rubber as it makes rubber harder. Although, it could make Luffy hard enough to withstand some forms of blades and sharp objects.

Third, ice would make rubber harder as well and not only decrease Luffy´s stretching and flexibility but make him prone to shattering.
Old 2006-12-30, 10:21   Link #199
ellifeedn
Thinker

I almost forgot. I think that, based on Tom the fishman, Fishman Island is technologically advanced with tubes going from the surface to the island, which is covered by a large bubble dome.

Also, the fishman shichubukai, I think, is king of not only that island but all the fishmen, mermen, and the undersea world.
Old 2006-12-30, 13:24   Link #200
brandfireX

yeah that is a Bad a** title when you think of it jembie has it good

the tube eplain how luffy will get down there

luffy will think of a way to vulcanize and then reverse it effects so that he can still be rubber (that might be the secret to defeating aokiji)