AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's the true Queen?
Mashiro 36 18.18%
Arika 87 43.94%
Nina 51 25.76%
All of them 10 5.05%
None of them 14 7.07%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-25, 23:11   Link #21
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemil828
All three have the same birthday, so?
All 3 who? I'm lost...
Old 2005-12-25, 23:13   Link #22
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
All 3 who? I'm lost...
The pic merely showed that Sergay knows that Arika, Nina, and Mashiro has the same birthday
Old 2005-12-25, 23:14   Link #23
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
The pic merely showed that Sergay knows that Arika, Nina, and Mashiro has the same birthday
Oh great, now you spoiled part of that ep...

*hasn't watched past ep 10 yet*

Oh well...
Old 2005-12-25, 23:18   Link #24
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind

Oh for crying out loud, is there a point at all to you bringing the pic up?

I did say possible spoilers on the topic title, you were warned
Old 2005-12-25, 23:20   Link #25
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Actually we don't know if Nina has the same birthday as Arika and Mashiro. Sergy decided her birthday would be the same day he meet her at the hospital. So it is still up in the air when is her real birthday. Only Arika and Mashiro is confirm to have the same birthday.
Old 2005-12-25, 23:20   Link #26
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Oh for crying out loud, is there a point at all to you bringing the pic up?
Dude, I found it 4chan and thought it'd help, that's all.

Sorry for trying to perform a successful good deed once in my life...
Old 2005-12-25, 23:40   Link #27
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Dude, I found it 4chan and thought it'd help, that's all.

Sorry for trying to perform a successful good deed once in my life...
Hint: Before trying to help people, try not to be 2 episodes behind everyone else, almost everyone but you knew the context of the screenshot. Your apparently only attempt at performing a good deed most likely would have been better used elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Actually we don't know if Nina has the same birthday as Arika and Mashiro. Sergy decided her birthday would be the same day he meet her at the hospital. So it is still up in the air when is her real birthday. Only Arika and Mashiro is confirm to have the same birthday.
Fine, Sergay knows that Nina coincidentally-had-the-same-birthday-which-was-set-by-him-and-possibly-could-have-had-a-different-birthday-then-when-it-is-normally-celebrated....as Arika and Mashiro do
Old 2005-12-25, 23:44   Link #28
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Hint: Before trying to help people, try not to be 2 episodes behind everyone else, almost everyone but you knew the context of the screenshot. Your apparently only attempt at performing a good deed most likely would have been better used elsewhere.
The posts at 4chan led me to belive otherwise.

And yes, I'm aware that 4chan isn't the most reliable sorce for that type of thing...
Old 2005-12-25, 23:55   Link #29
USCPharmacist

actually we only know the princess brithday is 9/7, we don't really know if any of the girls were born that day. Mashiro was "found", Nina was adopted, and Arika were picked up by baachan. All of those could've been made up by someone.
Old 2005-12-26, 01:53   Link #30
PersocomChi
The 1000th Summer ~

Send a message via AIM to PersocomChi
I still think Arika have a great possiblity of being the princess because of her saphire necklace. And we know the necklace belongs to the king's otome and its natural for the king's otome to protect the princess when the king got killed. I think thats what made me think that she's the princess. Besides from that, the birthday is the same as the princess...but then again any girl can have the same brithday but theres only one sapphire necklace.
Old 2005-12-26, 02:19   Link #31
NaNash|

I think even Arika really IS the real Queen, she will give it up in favour of Mashiro. She just wants to be an Otome, we already saw how she react towards a Queen's life in ep 12.

P.S. I really like the way Sergey labal Arika's birthday. With an ant. LOL
Old 2005-12-26, 03:01   Link #32
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I have a theory that Mashiro, Arika and Nina are triplets and thus are all technically the princess. However Arika and Nina were spared the destiny of being a princess and were given to Rena Sayers as her children because she could never bare a child. The knowledge of there really being 3 princesses was never disclosed.

Rena's contract was cancelled as Arika was predetermined to be Mashiro's otome and they needed the GEMs to be free, but this left an opening for Windbloom to be raided by both the Schwartz and the Aswald. I can't assume their intentions correctly, but it was probably something to do with the Harmonium. The king and queen ended victims of regicide.

Rena left Mashiro in the care of the Duke in secret along with plans to start a rumour of her not being to real princess so she would not be a target, and left Arika and Nina to drift down rivers in baskets.

Arika was let off last with the "Blue Sky Sapphire", as she was intended to be an otome, along with a note explaining how she was the "daughter" of an otome. She eventually wound up with her adoptive grandmother while Nina ended up in the slums of Artai, where she was eventually found and adopted by Sergay.
Old 2005-12-26, 13:02   Link #33
Befgrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox
I have a theory that Mashiro, Arika and Nina are triplets and thus are all technically the princess. However Arika and Nina were spared the destiny of being a princess and were given to Rena Sayers as her children because she could never bare a child. The knowledge of there really being 3 princesses was never disclosed.

Rena's contract was cancelled as Arika was predetermined to be Mashiro's otome and they needed the GEMs to be free, but this left an opening for Windbloom to be raided by both the Schwartz and the Aswald. I can't assume their intentions correctly, but it was probably something to do with the Harmonium. The king and queen ended victims of regicide.

Rena left Mashiro in the care of the Duke in secret along with plans to start a rumour of her not being to real princess so she would not be a target, and left Arika and Nina to drift down rivers in baskets.

Arika was let off last with the "Blue Sky Sapphire", as she was intended to be an otome, along with a note explaining how she was the "daughter" of an otome. She eventually wound up with her adoptive grandmother while Nina ended up in the slums of Artai, where she was eventually found and adopted by Sergay.
Ah, yes. All of them being "the princess" might be plausible... Interesting theory. However, some of the details in this theory seems strange. Nina and Arika was _given_ to Rena? Who gives their child away? Royal children, on top of that. (They're valuable you know. Even daughters. You can give them to other countries rulers. )

Why would Rena's contract be cancelled to make Arika into Mashiro's otome when they are still babies? (Also, couldn't she get her own GEM like all other otomes?) It seems more likely it was canceled due to Rena getting preganant, imho.

I'm also sceptical to if the rumour about Mashiro being fake really makes her less targeted. Didn't seem like it in episode 1 and 7.
Old 2005-12-26, 13:07   Link #34
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
actually we only know the princess brithday is 9/7, we don't really know if any of the girls were born that day. Mashiro was "found", Nina was adopted, and Arika were picked up by baachan. All of those could've been made up by someone.
Go back to Episode 3 when Sergy ask Arika where she learn that song she was singing. Arika said that grandma taught her and that the song was sung by her Mother. If grandma knew enough to know about Arika's mother to know about that song then it is very likely that grandma would also know Arika's birthday. So actually out of all three girls only Arika can confirm to have 9/7 as her birthday.
Old 2005-12-26, 13:13   Link #35
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Well, I think it's pretty likely that Mashiro, Arika, and Nina are all, in some way, connected to the throne. I can't say at this point which one is the real princess.
Old 2005-12-26, 13:47   Link #36
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
*chuckles* I can imagine Nina being Queen and she lowers the age requirement for marriage...

Nina: Otousama~ I wish to get married.

Sergey: That's great! Who's the lucky guy, Ni~na-chan?

Nina: *blushes terribly* ... you, Otousama...

Sergey: Ah, that's grea~ 0.o WHAAA~AAT!?!

Shizuru: Ara~ ara~

Natsuki: *embarrassed angry blush* ... matte ku, I never thought he was that bad...

Sergey: Eh!? N-no!! Wait, this is a mistake!!

Tate (MH): *claps a hand on his shoulder* Don't worry man, I know how it feels to have someone 'related' to ya want to cross 'that' line.

Sergey: .... who are you??? AND DON'T COMPARE ME TO YOU!!

Heh heh, I had fun writing that bit. Hey, something interesting and fun - how about we make up our own lines like how they do at the previews for the next episode? On another thread of course... v
Fantastic! I wouldn't usually condone such comments about Nina's feelings for her father, which I have posted about in depth before, but that post just got me to laugh out loud. Especially with that bit at the end with Sergei freaking out at Tate. Hilarious.

Very interesting theories, I have a few of my own, free from bias by personal feelings of course. Firstly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Go back to Episode 3 when Sergy ask Arika where she learn that song she was singing. Arika said that grandma taught her and that the song was sung by her Mother. If grandma knew enough to know about Arika's mother to know about that song then it is very likely that grandma would also know Arika's birthday. So actually out of all three girls only Arika can confirm to have 9/7 as her birthday.
>> Contradictory statements. You said it was likely that Arika' (so-called) Grandmother would know her birthday, and then use the word 'confirmed'. 'Confirmed' indicates that there is no doubt at all, and that it was the final element removing all doubt. In actual fact, I would say that couldn't stand up in argument at all. Arika's (unconfirmed she is an actual relative) grandmother is just as likely to make up a birthday as Sergei for Nina or the theif for Mashiro, since we know nothing more than the basics. I'd say even though we can't confirm a single of those birthdays, I'd think they are all probably the real days, just because.. well.. we are watching a 'Mai-' series.

Hmm, I saw someone mention or imply that the queen could not remain an Otome, why is this?

Anyway, my theory number 1:
All three are related. Mashiro will remain the princess, Arika and Nina will continue their education and then career as Otomes, unless the system is overthrown and replaced (I dearly hope so, if a superior system can be created.)

My theory number 2:
Nina is the princess. I cannot entirely explain this theory, as it is partly just this gut feeling I have. Part of it is down to the fact that Mashiro has been made out to be a fake princess, and so people would think she is the real thing just because it seems unlikely, and that Arika seems a likely candidate when not looked into in depth, so Sunrise would do something unexpected I guess..

I'm not sure which position I would have Nina fill, be it princess, Rena's daughter or nobody, actually, what I am sure is that I wouldn't want it to be the last position. Hmm, though, you never know, Mashiro as princess, Nina as Rena's daughter and Arika as nobody seems plausible. I actually can't make a choice, and I'll leave it in the air for the moment, I'm not voting yet. My 2nd theory becomes impossible in a lot of the other slightly wilder theories I have, so disregard that one. I'll leave it there just to see what people think.
Old 2005-12-26, 14:28   Link #37
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Nagi is the real queen. To protect his identity, he even goes as far as crossdressing.
[OT]

WTF?

Viet?

same IRL name with me

[/OT]

hmm I "feel" that Nina is the real queen...but oh well... wait and see

about arika no one really know what date is her birthday except her"grandma", and we still don't know yet if her grandma really esxit
Old 2005-12-26, 15:11   Link #38
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Can I vote " I don't care who is the real queen"?

But if I have to choose I'd say Nina.
Old 2005-12-26, 15:54   Link #39
KiraDouji

It seems plausible that all three have a connection. Rena, at least, I can see as being a part of the noble family what with the tradition of sending important daughters off to Gaurderobe(sp?). We're pretty sure she had a kid around the same time as the princess that everyone is so worried about was born, and if that's true then both babies would have a claim to the throne.

Additionally, all three of them share resemblances with the possible parents: Nina shares the late queen's eyes; Mashirou the queen's hair color; Arika's eyes exactly match Rena's and her hair "shape" is very similar; Mashirou's hair is also similar to Rena's and her eyes are similar as well; Nina shares a darker hair color with Rena and (I think) the late King. Arika can't be the daughter of the King and Queen because she doesn't share any characteristics with them: eyes, hair, coloring, face, etc... however she shares many characteristics with Rena and the rest can be explained by the mystery man who impregnanted Rena (who still hasn't been revealed).

Given that we've only seen Rena hold one child so far, my guess is that she only had one kid. We've never seen the King and Queen with anyone except Rena, towards which the Queen seems to have a fondness. Thus why I think it's plausible that Rena is part of the family. The other point here is that we have no idea who Nina's parents are because they're purposely never mentioned. I think this is important to note because, in the event that she's not the princess, this can be a very strong plot device. However, Mashirou was merely found and declared to be the King and Queen's still quite young daughter.

In my mind, the question here is more "who are their parents" rather than "who is the queen?" As one can see, there are many ways for all of them to have connections to the throne. Did someone have two kids? If it was the King and Queen, why didn't anyone know about the second child? If it was Rena, why does she only save one girl? If no one had two kids, then is one of these three really a nobody, or are their parents also important? It seems all three are important. Arika, in my mind, is Rena's daughter and has the GEM. Nina, in my mind, matches the King and Queen better than Mashirou. In that case, who is Mashirou? Well, the only thing making her important at that point in the theory is the Harmonium.

Theories abound.

- Kira
Old 2005-12-26, 17:44   Link #40
mikemil828
Enemy of all Humankind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Can I vote " I don't care who is the real queen"?

But if I have to choose I'd say Nina.
If you don't care, don't vote, simple as that
Closed Thread