AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-14, 16:28   Link #1281
Soji

Randrak42@ She let her man's do this on other girls to be honest. Although ,I'm hope that she not make this happen to the girls in NR when she find out Tatsumi= NR as her way to take him back. Although,i suppose every girls in this manga risk the fate kill or Rape or both.
Also are you not ask too much? I mean ok for the rape but i think it's obvious that she will die(or at least very likely to happen) in the future. Hell even Tatsumi that is the MC and Akame that have the name in the title risk to die before the end of the manga. I thought that most people in this topic already agree on this.

Quote:
If that's the case, even more reason to have her join the Rebels. Killing her off wouldn't serve much in the way of payment to the victims. Instead becoming an atoner like Akame or Najenda would be much more effective IMO. She has enough good traits that can make her redeemable.
While I see you're point i'm not soo sure this is possilbe. Seem that tatsumi learn this in ch 27. That's why i'm curios to read the traslation of that ch. I think the most that we can aspect from her is *die while protect Tatsumi or some one else*.(of course I can totally be wrong on this).
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 16:31   Link #1282
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
If that's the case, even more reason to have her join the Rebels. Killing her off wouldn't serve much in the way of payment to the victims. Instead becoming an atoner like Akame or Najenda would be much more effective IMO. She has enough good traits that can make her redeemable.
what's her good trait? that she go deredere when she se tatsumi? let's be serius here....not to mention that she DOES NOT WANT TO REDEEM
Old 2012-07-14, 16:38   Link #1283
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Esdes lived a life of either kill or being killed. You have to be strong, so her protecting the weak is a new thing. It would have to be build a lot more than right now to make an accurate guess.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 16:39   Link #1284
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Eh...to each his own.
Some hate her and want her dead...some love her and want her to live, some like her but think she'll die...some don't...

I personally want her to live, don't care if she gets punished or not and I still think there's a possibility of her not getting killed by the end of the manga.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 16:40   Link #1285
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
While I see you're point i'm not soo sure this is possilbe. Seem that tatsumi learn this in ch 27. That's why i'm curios to read the traslation of that ch. I think the most that we can aspect from her is *die while protect Tatsumi or some one else*.(of course I can totally be wrong on this).
Well, I don't know much about what's going on in Ch 27, but you shouldn't take everything a character says literally. Remember before Ch 26 Tatsumi was convinced that Akame could kill Esdese. Now after seeing a bit of her power he's changed his mind.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 16:45   Link #1286
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Eh...to each his own.
Some hate her and want her dead...some love her and want her to live, some like her but think she'll die...some don't...

I personally want her to live, don't care if she gets punished or not and I still think there's a possibility of her not getting killed by the end of the manga.
Best to not think about, trust me it will hurt your head trying to guess people's thoughts on Esdes. Personally I also want her to live, Tatsumi I believe will soon tell her what she been doing and make her see things in a darker light. In short her dying will not atone for her sins, better for her to help make a new country.
Old 2012-07-14, 16:46   Link #1287
Soji

Iron Maw there is a big difference between this 2 thing though. One he think Akame can because her teigu and what he know about Esdes power unitl that point. Now in ch 26 he see her kill something like dotcor Stylish alone. And more about her power....of course he thought this especially as he is probably worried about Akame.I mean,he probally know that if Akame try to fight Esdes now she will Die before she even draw out Murasame.
And if we want be honest he not just see a bit of her power. He totally see a great deal of her power and see that she still fine after use all that power. Also i reapeat that she defeat alone something that the NR have to fight as team.
About ch 27 ,from what I know he change his Idea to try to bring Esdes to their side
Spoiler for ch 27:
.So he not say that for nothing.

Reaper@ I not think she need Tatsumi for that. She already know that what she does it's wrong. But her philosophy it's just like that. I'm sure that like Tatsumi will be more clear to us as well after ch 27.
Old 2012-07-14, 16:50   Link #1288
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Best to not think about, trust me it will hurt your head trying to guess people's thoughts on Esdes. Personally I also want her to live, Tatsumi I believe will soon tell her what she been doing and make her see things in a darker light. In short her dying will not atone for her sins, better for her to help make a new country.
Eh, I live and breathe the "To each his own" philosophy...which makes me horrible in certain discussions around here...mostly because I never had the "I'll argue enough to change his opinion" mentality that many have in the interwebz.

That said, I fully understand why some people don't like her and want her punished or dead. I don't agree, but I won't debate it either...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 16:53   Link #1289
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
what's her good trait? that she go deredere when she se tatsumi? let's be serius here....not to mention that she DOES NOT WANT TO REDEEM
Because beyond her sadism she can still feel compassion for others (see for example Seryu or River) even when benefits her little. The fact she's capable appreciating someone Tatsumi despite him being her complete opposite is remarkable itself. Furthermore whether or not she wants to be redeem now doesn't mean it's not possible in the future. She points out it herself that she gradually changing despite stating not to.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-07-14 at 17:13.
Old 2012-07-14, 16:54   Link #1290
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Iron Maw there is a big difference between this 2 thing though. One he think Akame can because her teigu and what he know about Esdes power unitl that point. Now in ch 26 he see her kill something like dotcor Stylish alone. And more about her power....of course he thought this especially as he is probably worried about Akame.I mean,he probally know that if Akame try to fight Esdes now she will Die before even draw out Murasame.
And if we want be honest he not just see a bit of her power. He totally see a great deal of her power and see that she still fine after use all that power. Also i reapeat that she defeat alone something that the NR have to fight as team.
About ch 27 ,from what I know he change his Idea to try to bring Esdes to their side
Spoiler for ch 27:
.So he not say that for nothing.

Reaper@ I not think she need Tatsumi for that. She already know that what she does it's wrong. But her philosophy it's just like that. I'm sure that like Tatsumi will be more clear to us as well after ch 27.
Well it is up to debate, he is conflicting of her as an enemy or a potential ally. There are many things that are need to be discovered before she changes sides. It is kind of strange when I think of the way people feel towards Esdes and they are conflicted it is almost like how people feel for General Rommel. Making my head hurts when there are so many things in real life showing in the Manga.
Old 2012-07-14, 16:56   Link #1291
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Mentar @ Seem to me that ch 26 just make the point even clear that she will not change side. And from the few thing I know from ch 27 will make the point even clear. But I wait the traslation of that one to said more(like ch 26 make thing even more clear).
With all due respect, wasn't it you who listed c26 as evidence that there's not going to be romance between Esdese and Tatsumi? So please elaborate what could possibly make "clear" that Esdese won't change sides in the future.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 17:00   Link #1292
Soji

Reaper@ Now, like I say i want to read ch 27 traslation to be totally sure.
Spoiler for ch 27:

Mentar@Tatsumi itself. The only reaction that we have from him are the normal one from a male when they were in specific positions.Now this is my opinion. but if the author want go down that route I'm sure we would see some other kind of reaction from Tatsumi. But he act always the same toward her. Even in one pannel that we see a beautiful face from her (the one before the whole *pick one answer*) Tatsumi stay the same. There is zero reaction that would make you think he will fall for her. Now ,like I say this is only my opinion. But i think i see enough story to know that he would react otherwise if he start to fall for her. no to mention his own word thought. Even when he answer withouth thinking was more something from his own character(because he is like this) that anything else.But i repeat one more time to make this clear.(this are my opionion).
About what make me think she will not change side is their talk at the start of this ch (When she ask to him)and her fight again the giant monster. . (But this is always my opinion).
And yeah i make sure to say like this because i want to avoid a shipper war. I only say all this because you ask.
Old 2012-07-14, 17:08   Link #1293
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Real interested too about ch 27, translation would help a lot better than analyzing words you don't know and going by the illustrations. It is kind of funny how this Manga two months ago didn't have 7 chapters translated and now look at it.
Old 2012-07-14, 17:11   Link #1294
Soji

Reaper@ True. But some one do traslate some of the line especially that of Tatsumi(otherwise i would not say he change his mind.).
And I agree with this.
Quote:
It is kind of funny how this Manga two months ago didn't have 7 chapters translated and now look at it.
To tell you the true I hope they traslate ch 27 before ch 28 raw it's out.
Old 2012-07-14, 17:14   Link #1295
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Reaper@ True. But some one do traslate some of the line especially that of Tatsumi(otherwise i would not say he change his mind.).
And I agree with this.

I think everyone who follows this thread agree ch 27 needs to be translated before the raw scans comes out. Soji, how many posts have you put in this thread? If I remember correctly, didn't I introduce you to this series? I used to make 1/4 of the posts in here, now I am only 10 percent.
Old 2012-07-14, 17:15   Link #1296
Mentar
Banned

That wasn't my question. Whether or not he falls for Gestapo-chan's charms is up in the air (though I think his reactions make crystal clear that he isn't unaffected - heck, in one frame he had to remind himself that she was the enemy). A development is obvious to me, he's softening up at least.

Still, you claimed that something made "clear" that Esdese "would not change sides". What might that be?
Old 2012-07-14, 17:19   Link #1297
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Real interested too about ch 27, translation would help a lot better than analyzing words you don't know and going by the illustrations. It is kind of funny how this Manga two months ago didn't have 7 chapters translated and now look at it.
Having 3-4 Scanlators working on it at the sametime will do that.

Quote:
And I agree with this.

At the rate translations have been coming out recently we probably have 27 by next week.
Old 2012-07-14, 17:29   Link #1298
Soji

Reaper@ Believe it or not. It was purely by accident while talking to velial.One day he show me one pic of Akame when she use Murasame. because he need to show me some one like her ,because the topic we where talking about. For some reason I become curios about that pic and I ask him from what manga come from.And he warn me that there is something in this manga that I might not like it. I think the rest of the story is pretty easy to guess.

Mentar@ I thought you ask about romance as well.
Quote:
With all due respect, wasn't it you who listed c26 as evidence that there's not going to be romance between Esdese and Tatsumi?
That's why I say all that as well.
About you're other question . Is what I say. Her talk with him at the start of the ch and her fight again the giant monster. they make me more clear that her chance to change side are really few. From a story stand point you not make a character like her change side like this. Not only because her power but because how she is. (although this will more clear in ch 27. At least from some translations on other forum). Of course the author can do whatever he want. We only read his story and talk about what happen in the story. But I think he made clear to us that she will probally never change side(more ch past). Then again this is POV as well. the only way to be sure is see how the story play out and what the story tell us.

Iron Maw@ I hope you right.
Old 2012-07-14, 17:33   Link #1299
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
That wasn't my question. Whether or not he falls for Gestapo-chan's charms is up in the air (though I think his reactions make crystal clear that he isn't unaffected - heck, in one frame he had to remind himself that she was the enemy). A development is obvious to me, he's softening up at least.

Still, you claimed that something made "clear" that Esdese "would not change sides". What might that be?
Tatsumi doesn't like Esdeses' character yet - he's just affected by her body just like he reacts to Leone's teasing.

And Esdeses isn't changing sides until Tatsumi disproves her morals. Since childhood she has believed that only the strong survive, and currently the Empire is the stronger side.

I do agree that there is hope for her since she is clearly not as evil as the Minister, but we're still far from having her defect from the Empire.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 17:44   Link #1300
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Her talk with him at the start of the ch and her fight again the giant monster. they make me more clear that her chance to change side are really few.
? Wakarimasen.

Quote:
From a story stand point you not make a character like her change side like this. Not only because her power but because how she is.
Soji, the whole point of dramas is to create and show a change like this. Some characters are supposed to stay evil throughout (e.g. Emperor Palpatine), but they are generally shown as CONSISTENTLY evil. Esdese isn't. With your logic, there wouldn't be Darth Vader of ROTJ.

Quote:
(although this will more clear in ch 27. At least from some translations on other forum). Of course the author can do whatever he want. We only read his story and talk about what happen in the story. But I think he made clear to us that she will probally never change side(more ch past).
At the moment, Esdese is - aside from Tatsumi - the most important character in the story. She also receives the most frame time. Unlike Tatsumi and unlike Akame, she actually has the capability to really make a difference. She could actually realize Tatsumi's dream, if she'd have a change of heart. And this is by far the most logical and likely route to victory I can see.

But hey, let's see. My predictions: Shamballa-Teleporter guy will undermine Esdese's position with the Minister, and so begin to drive a wedge between Gestapo-chan and the Minister-Empire. Let's wait and see.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!