AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-05-03, 09:19   Link #241
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Anybody got a hi-res of this picture for a wall paper?

dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 09:34   Link #242
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Lucky Star/Kamen Rider Den-O crossover. (Yes I'm a great fan of Kamen Rider. Currently watch Kamen Rider Den-O)

Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 09:42   Link #243
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

WAAA~~~!!! KAWAII!!!

It's the 2 girls that have'nt appeared in the anime yet the image is from the vocal mini album.

Spoiler for Minami Iwasaki&Yutaka Kobayakawa:

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2007-05-03 at 09:43. Reason: typo error!!!
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 11:28   Link #244
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Someone actually vectored the VS screen?

: o !!!

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 12:11   Link #245
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
WAAA~~~!!! KAWAII!!!

It's the 2 girls that have'nt appeared in the anime yet the image is from the vocal mini album.

Spoiler for Minami Iwasaki&Yutaka Kobayakawa:
We can hope the one on the left doesn't appear for some time. That's the moment I've been dreading for a long time, the day Chihara Minori joins the cast. Once she's in it officially and the more she is in it from then onward, and I can guarantee this, the more my enjoyment of the show will be going PFTOOOOOOO (Sound effect for bottom falling out and quality dropping). I hope she's as peripheral a character as is humanly possible. In fact I hope she's this shows Yorick or one those other characters in Shakespeare plays that exist for no other reason than to point the main character in the right direction.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 12:56   Link #246
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Woops. I thought I replied to confirm, but it looks like I was imagining things.

Yep, 128x128 will work just fine, and people can certainly batch convert them if it won't.

Watch out, though--the new OS X due for release soon and near-future versions of Linux deskto environments will support 512x512 icons.
Thanks for letting me know; I was worried about that. (And 512x512 is huuuge!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
PNGs at the same sizes as Windows and OS X will work just fine for most any Linux window manager/desktop environment.
I was confused by this because the mac icons can be a whole bunch of different sizes (I was thinking, "so it's all right if I make them 16x16?"). ;__;
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 13:23   Link #247
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
We can hope the one on the left doesn't appear for some time. That's the moment I've been dreading for a long time, the day Chihara Minori joins the cast. Once she's in it officially and the more she is in it from then onward, and I can guarantee this, the more my enjoyment of the show will be going PFTOOOOOOO (Sound effect for bottom falling out and quality dropping). I hope she's as peripheral a character as is humanly possible. In fact I hope she's this shows Yorick or one those other characters in Shakespeare plays that exist for no other reason than to point the main character in the right direction.
She's pretty peripheral in the comic... mostly existing as a foil for Konata's never-ending pokes at stereotypes like our klutzy moe intelligent glasses girl. (of course, she's tall instead of waifish).

I'd be kind of surprised if she was in more than just in a few cameo sequences. There's a string of characters that are "tier 3" (if you consider sensei, Kona's cousin, Kagami's family, and Kona's dad as tier 2). They might get an episode focused on them.... or they might get a stint over in the Lucky Channel segment where they can run riot with skewering the archetypes.
Old 2007-05-03, 14:30   Link #248
Fixen
ZnT Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I don't get it...why all the hate towards Chihara Minori?
Fixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 14:45   Link #249
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think he's getting too much sense of "cardboard stereotype only inserted to cater to whims" rather than an individually developed personality that might have some stereotypical behavior but has many other attributes that break the stereotype. Most of the girls in Lucky☆Star lean towards a stereotype but don't really *fit* any special stereotype.

All I really know about her is that she's quiet and tall but kind of Ruri-ish (Nagato-ish, whatever). But I'm still translating the chapter manga sections she appears in - so I have no idea whether she's actually cardboardish or not. She seems to like to listen to music a lot but seems rather shy.
Old 2007-05-03, 15:07   Link #250
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Chihara was ok as Aya Natsume (the series is shamefully bad) and very good as a dojikko in Venus versus Virus. Too bad the mentionned series (VVV) suffered from an underwhelming adaptation and the "anime-from-pretty-new-and-not-yet-fully-fleshed-manga" syndrome.
If anything, I feel more Sakaki or Akira Takano vibes from Minami than Nagato vibes (girl with "cool" aura but is actually than meet the eye).
Old 2007-05-03, 16:30   Link #251
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
All I really know about her is that she's quiet and tall but kind of Ruri-ish (Nagato-ish, whatever). But I'm still translating the chapter manga sections she appears in - so I have no idea whether she's actually cardboardish or not. She seems to like to listen to music a lot but seems rather shy.
and im just a sucker for the quiet moe type so i just cant wait to see what she can pull out of the hat to entertain ~ well a few cameo appearences is better than nothing :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 16:32   Link #252
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah... As Sheba said, Sakaki is a better comparison (I knew there was something amiss about my guess) .... scratch what I surmised about her personality (I'll try to figure out some of her scenes from the comic over the weekend ).
Old 2007-05-03, 21:17   Link #253
Baka-yuki
Lucky Bibliomaniac

Send a message via AIM to Baka-yuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Oh, it's from Hidamari Sketch then?

I dont watch that show (shame on me ) but I do remember seeing a similar parody elsewhere.
I have a similar picture, Haruhi characters though.
Other Pic
Baka-yuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 23:06   Link #254
Shana

I think this one isn't posted.

Hey Kona-chan, I want too ):
Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2007-05-03, 23:09   Link #255
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

^^Please spoiler-tag that nice looking pic since it is "Not Safe For Work". Thank you.

Edit (again!): Thumbs up, ~Shana!

Daniel E.: Yeah, I know now! Anyway, please do color those pics! I'm sure that you would do a great job!

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2007-05-03 at 23:21. Reason: bonus pics removed because Daniel E. beat me to it!! :P
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 23:14   Link #256
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-yuki
I have a similar picture, Haruhi characters though.
That one looks funny too.

I actually feel a little tempted to color one of these.

EDIT: Hey Crow, your first post didn't have the pics.

EDIT 2: Well to tell you the truth, I was gonna remove them as well.

I only put that comment as a joke of sorts.

It wasn't my intention to sound picky or anything.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2007-05-03 at 23:28.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 23:26   Link #257
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
I have the instructions to change your icons *HERE* for Windows users.
Rissa>> by any chance would u know how to install it in Linux OS's or is it the same as the WIN systems?

Shana>>> *nosebleed* *falls over*

Ow my head! @_@ Nice pic there shana!

Dan>> Oooo Nice pics there Dan!
are u going to color them? that would make it look more cool too.

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 23:59   Link #258
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
EDIT 2: Well to tell you the truth, I was gonna remove them as well.

I only put that comment as a joke of sorts.

It wasn't my intention to sound picky or anything.
Water under the bridge, no harm, no foul, etc.

I took mine down (after a big Homer Simpson "DOH!") because of the timestamps: you posted your copies before I edited mine in which gives you posting rights. (that makes sense, right? )
So no problem-o!

Spoiler for +Bonus Pic of Konata--Pantsu Alert!:
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 00:05   Link #259
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixen View Post
I don't get it...why all the hate towards Chihara Minori?
She really brings nothing to her characters that any other actors couldn't and in some cases I've felt she's actually hurt her characters by sounding like she's reading straight from the script without getting into character. If you watch a trailer for something called Dragonaut The Resonance you can see just how uninterested the character seems in the scene (as played by Chihara Minori), where she introduces herself and you know its not meant to be that way.

As a result I'm worried this Minami character is going to stand out like a sore thumb and hurt the quality of the series by failing to carry the jokes. If there's one huge mistake I think Kyoto Animation has made in the recasting its Chihara Minori's casting. All the others are working out quite well, but I have serious serious doubts about her.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 00:16   Link #260
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
Rissa>> by any chance would u know how to install it in Linux OS's or is it the same as the WIN systems?
I'm afraid I don't know... I did some searching and found *this* though. If this doesn't help, holler and I'll get my friend to tell me next time she's on.

Edit: or y'know, I know there are other Linux users here. *coughs*
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images