AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-11-01, 14:48   Link #1
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
SaiMoe: Rika Custom Campaign Image project

As I said in my post in the Saimoe thread, I want to help create new campaign material as Rika has practically run out of fresh images by now (at least, 2ch is posting nothing new in her recent rounds). I've been contacting people but I figured a public thread would be more efficient. If this is an inappropriate forum for this thread, please move it.

Currently Saimoe is at its finals: Nagi (Hayate no Gotoku) vs Rika (Higurashi) which is from 00:00~23:00 JST 3 Nov. We ideally want to aim for the early side of that timeframe to get our fresh campaign material out, meaning around 08:00 JST = 23:00 GMT = 18:00 EST = 15:00 PST 2 Nov. We seek artists and photoshoppers to create new images for Rika campaigning (of course, anyone who learns of Saimoe and who wishes to make Nagi material instead are free to do so) within time to post it on 2ch and for campaigning to English-speaking audiences too (e.g. the Saimoe Wiki has a campaign zone).

I mention 2 ideas in the above linked post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Here's one image idea I'd like to see happen: Rika with Beam Mop (see Higurashi Daybreak), Scythe and Fin Funnel Syringes (injection needles with rockets and maybe a fat base). Or instead of the Beam Mop - Raising Heart (as she Does have Nanoha's VA).

Another: flying Hanyuu. Rika riding her, with a giant sword, axe or cleaver in both hands. Caption: "Full Max Determination: The Sword that CLEAVES Destiny". (What I'm thinking of)
This is what we've gathered so far.

Rika-Nanoha crossover
A Rika image we could start from. Her right hand is obscured so we can 'shop on a Raising Heart pointing upwards if we want. Ideally would also have Nanoha's "Funnels" (see StrikerS ep 25) or Rika's Higurashi Daybreak "Fin Funnel Syringes" floating around her.

The search for a suitable Raising Heart image to 'shop onto the above so far has yielded:
It's a start though art style might be too different as well as size.
Better, but has more of the staff hidden

Perhaps a suitably placed 'Funnel' could cover up 'missing' bits that are obscured in an original image of Raising Heart?

Rika-Hanyuu flying combo
A perfect image of Rika riding Hanyuu has been found. Now we just need a suitable Giant Sword/Cleaver/Axe 'shopped onto Rika's hand and the caption.

Any assistance would be appreciated - be it new ideas, offers to draw original artwork of ideas, suggestions for raw images to work from or offers to photoshop things.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)

Last edited by Psieye; 2007-11-01 at 17:42.
Psieye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 14:53   Link #2
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

haha...I suppose I should stop PM'ing everyone (meaning everyone in this project, sorry for the confusion) and post here instead! Just want to know, where are we going to post the images? I did a rough draft of a Nanoha/Rika fusion (still not done fixing it up and coloring yet), but I think I can get that done by the end of the day. As for Rika riding on Hanyuu one, I can give that a try too once I'm done the fusion image. I've already PM'ed the fusion image draft to a couple of people participating in this campaign project.

Last edited by -MotokoAoyama-; 2007-11-01 at 18:17.
-MotokoAoyama- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 14:55   Link #3
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MotokoAoyama- View Post
haha...I suppose I should stop PM'ing everyone and post here instead! Just want to know, where are we going to post the images? I did a rough draft of a Nanoha/Rika fusion (still not done fixing it up and coloring yet), but I think I can get that done by the end of the day. As for Rika riding on Hanyuu one, I can give that a try too once I'm done the fusion image. I've already PM'ed the fusion image draft to a couple of people participating in this campaign project.
I expect these images will be posted on 2ch and also on the Saimoe Wiki's Campaign zone. As well as in individual efforts to recruit friends and other forums. We have imageshack and photobucket accounts to host these files.

I'll comment on the draft image in a PM reply.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-11-01, 15:41   Link #4
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

added the ceremonial staff thing to the rika/hanyuu flying combo

don't know if the caption should be changed since it isn't really a sword, haha
Old 2007-11-01, 16:10   Link #5
orange.a
SUN faction member
*Graphic Designer

I'll be away for... let's say... 7 or 8 hours....

But i'll post what I was talking with Psieye by PMs a while back.

I found THIS:

and Psieye proposed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye
Hmm, one friend has come up with this as a potential 'shop ingredient. Since Rika's right hand is hidden in your image, Raising Heart pointing upwards should be fine. Now to find other such Raising Heart images as that one might be hard to work with - size and different art-style.

I'll get into it when I come back, any ideas or tests are welcome, I'll also read them when I come back .

EDIT: omg Psieye already posted it, silly me ~

Also, I believe THIS can be used A LOT in shops. Fell free to use it, I'll try a couple of tricks as well.

P.S. How do you get that "Graphic Designer" and "Artist" tags under the custom title?
orange.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 16:10   Link #6
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Ugh... Although I was trying to keep away from favoring one over the other, since basically I'm not voting at the Saimoe anymore and Rika and Nagi are two of my favorite characters... I can't help but remember the fact Nagi beat Kona-chan and a couple of other characters I really wanted to win. And then, I'll stay with Nippah till the end of this Saimoe. Besides, Rika is more moe than Nagi anyway

About the request... well, I opted for the Rika+Nanoha pic instead of the Rika-Flying-on-Hanyuu one simply because it would be a bit easier to do - Not that I don't want to spend the time on it, but I simply can't right now. ( Keep reading ). Secondly, you guys are free to do whatever you want with this picture ( I have a higher-resolution version if you need it, just let me know and I'll host it. ), because I sincerely don't have the time right now to finish it. It's a basic, rough and quick sketch, and I hope I got everything right to a certain degree. There're flaws, I know that, but really, I have two tests between today and tomorrow that I have to study for, one of which is going to take place in under two hours from now.

That being said, I'm pretty sure someone might do all of us a favor and finish it. If not, I'll do my best to do so, but I can't make any promises. If I actually do manage to work on it to the end, it'll be tomorrow after 5, which'll probably already too late. Oh Oyashiro-sama help us all.

Picture hosted below by orange.a. Thanks!

Ps.: This is hosted on my computer temporarily because my FTP server is down at the moment. If someone could host it somewhere else so that the image doesn't stop working after I turn off my computer, that'd be appreciated.
Edit: Fixed. Look at the below post.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"

Last edited by Zero Shinohara; 2007-11-01 at 16:28.
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 16:24   Link #7
orange.a
SUN faction member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
Ps.: This is hosted on my computer temporarily because my FTP server is down at the moment. If someone could host it somewhere else so that the image doesn't stop working after I turn off my computer, that'd be appreciated.
There

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-01, 16:37   Link #8
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

wow, that is very nice! i'll see if I have time to color it, lol (but since i only have a mouse, probably not that great, haha)
Old 2007-11-01, 17:24   Link #9
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
added the ceremonial staff thing to the rika/hanyuu flying combo

don't know if the caption should be changed since it isn't really a sword, haha
"Higurashi Final Strike" - sounds appropriate enough to me ^^ Woo, that's one complete.

Nice work Zero Shinohara! Hmm, well if all else fails, it'd still be nice to have it finished and posted before the match completely ends. Though -MotokoAoyama- seems to have taken up the colouring, time allowing.

3rd Idea:
Rika-Hanyuu: Sword of Determination
Rika and Hanyuu. Together they wield a huge (Beam) sword between them, labelled "Sword of Unyielding Determination". How huge is that sword? Well, I'm thinking of the Infinite Cosmic Blade - which Full Power Hanyuu has in Higurashi Daybreak Kai. In the image, they're letting it extend behind their shoulders.

Old 2007-11-01, 17:39   Link #10
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Nice work Zero Shinohara! Hmm, well if all else fails, it'd still be nice to have it finished and posted before the match completely ends.
Thanks! And well, I'm really not expecting to actually be able to >start< working on it before tomorrow after 5, GMT -5. I do have the Anime Club meeting after that, but because Moe is Serious Fucking business, I can always skip. I'm sure no one will bother, anyway. So let's say I work as fast as I can... it could be finished by 9 PM tomorrow. Hopefully before the voting actually starts, although I'm not entirely sure.

Quote:
wow, that is very nice! i'll see if I have time to color it, lol (but since i only have a mouse, probably not that great, haha)
Well, it's actually just a rough sketch. If I do decide to color it, though, I'll have to outline it in Photoshop and everything. But it's a simple picture, and it shouldn't take that long - hopefully. If I manage to finish my Web Programming test, scheduled to start in about 10 minutes, before it's due at 10, I'll start working on it at full speed.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 17:44   Link #11
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
Thanks! And well, I'm really not expecting to actually be able to >start< working on it before tomorrow after 5, GMT -5. I do have the Anime Club meeting after that, but because Moe is Serious Fucking business, I can always skip. I'm sure no one will bother, anyway. So let's say I work as fast as I can... it could be finished by 9 PM tomorrow. Hopefully before the voting actually starts, although I'm not entirely sure.
Ah you were in EST. Then you have plenty of time to get it in to affect many people. A lot of the voters do wait until the last hour to vote, so they can evaluate the material. Those who vote early wouldn't be swayed easily by campaign material - they've already made up their minds and are just going to vote and THEN look around.

Old 2007-11-01, 17:54   Link #12
orange.a
SUN faction member
*Graphic Designer

I have a couple more, I'll get to them myself later.
Old 2007-11-01, 18:04   Link #13
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

here is the image with the requested caption!

Nice to see that Zero Shinohara will probably be coloring that image (will definitely do a much better job than me, ) I'll try my best with my Nanoha/Rika fusion image too, when I finish my crap physics assignment that is, sighs...
Old 2007-11-01, 18:08   Link #14
Psieye
Lore Hunter

I happen to be a Physics Postgrad - what is your Physics assignment? ^^ Not sure if I'll be able to help though, depending on what the task is.

Old 2007-11-01, 18:11   Link #15
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

photoelectric effect. care to help?

that was so off topic. To make up for it, here is another image I found

Last edited by -MotokoAoyama-; 2007-11-01 at 19:54.
Old 2007-11-01, 18:48   Link #16
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Currently speed-vectoring (while trying to keep the quality good) a image of Rika that'll have the spirit and memories of various Higurashi characters behind her... hope it'll help this campaign! ^_^
Old 2007-11-01, 18:52   Link #17
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

It'll definitely definitely help! I'm really bad at vectors personally, lol
Old 2007-11-01, 19:09   Link #18
orange.a
SUN faction member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I... tried something else without touching too much de BG, and trying to emulate a little the original title (didn't have much push though, I'm too lazy right now). I also noticed that the scythe was actually on top of the title, so I tried fixing that.

Hope doesn't bother you :3 mii~

Also, I'll ask again this

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange.a View Post
P.S. How do you get that "Graphic Designer" and "Artist" tags under the custom title?
Old 2007-11-01, 19:15   Link #19
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

wow! very nice! I like your version much more than mine!

as for the custom user title thingy, you go to your user cp menu, scroll down to miscellaneous on the left-side bar. Under the misc column, there is something called group memberships. click that, and then select "artist" or "graphic designer" and click "join group". after that, go to the bottom and select the group that you want to be identified as, and then click "update display group"
Old 2007-11-01, 19:19   Link #20
orange.a
SUN faction member
*Graphic Designer

Now.... I edited some rough mistakes in the "cloud" in the upper-left corner.

Now I'll get to the other things I got a few hours ago.