Old 2009-12-17, 09:43   Link #2641
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Read my post above.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 16:17   Link #2642
Midonin
Last Engage

This post is not about the second season. What it is about is the tracklist for the second character song album. This one had a few delays, but I'm glad it's being released.

1. "Eternal Wind" - Saki
2. "Seraphic Gate" (セラフィック・ゲート) - Nodoka
3. "Tacos Jikara = Yume Jikara" (タコスぢから=ユメぢから) - Yuki (who else?)
4. "Somete Gyakuten" (染めて逆転) - Mako
5. "'Arigato' no Haru wa Mada Hayai" (「ありがとう」の春はまだ早い) - Hisa
6. "Ride On The Wave!" - Much like "Mahjong Tenshi" from the first album, I'm expecting this is the Kiyosumi group song. Technically the third Kiyosumi group song, if you count both endings.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 17:13   Link #2643
scr
my sides are in orbit

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
This post is not about the second season. What it is about is the tracklist for the second character song album. This one had a few delays, but I'm glad it's being released.

1. "Eternal Wind" - Saki
6. "Ride On The Wave!" - Much like "Mahjong Tenshi" from the first album, I'm expecting this is the Kiyosumi group song. Technically the third Kiyosumi group song, if you count both endings.
Somebody played Valkyrie Profile too mucha lot?
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 19:56   Link #2644
Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
1. "Eternal Wind" - Saki
I'd like to think Saki's song will be the same Eternal Wind used for Gundam F91. However that's doubtful because Gundam F91 wasn't very popular; and if it really was the case, why Eternal Wind? Flying in the Sky or Stand Up to the Victory could have worked just as well if they were looking for obscure Gundam intros.

Also Hisa's song is supposedly that of a classic Japanese underdog song. Very fitting knowing that she made a great team out of nothing.
Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 20:12   Link #2645
Midonin
Last Engage

These are entirely new songs. I can verify that. I have two songs named "Love Power" in my iTunes collection (both from anime or something related to it), and they couldn't be more different in tune and lyrics.
Old 2009-12-31, 13:27   Link #2646
Midonin
Last Engage

Finally got a chance to listen to the second character song album. It's very nice all around, plus it's good that Yuki, Mako and Hisa finally get their chance to sing solo. As of this point, the only other music for Saki announced is the theme song to the PSP game, by Miyuki Hashimoto.
Old 2010-01-08, 00:24   Link #2647
Jaden

I got this anime now! It didn't disappoint.

I actually started playing the game when I watched Akagi years ago, and it was interesting to follow the play in this show. And actually knowing what was going on made it a lot more fun to watch. I could identify with some character's disbelief when Saki and other "esper" players were around.
Art, animation and music were all pleasing.
There's lots of likable characters with depth, too. I give this season a 8/10.

*played thousands of hands and never once gotten a Rinshan*
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 07:09   Link #2648
Van-kun
Wounded Warrior

Yo! guys..

i have plans on buying this anime..

mind if i ask for it's plot?
Van-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 07:17   Link #2649
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

(Mostly) nice looking girls playing mahjong while showing some tendencies of yuri. Wa ha ha. Super powers for drawing the right tiles at the right time that makes Gurren Lagann pale in comparision. Stealth Mode, anti-tenpai aura, let's kan away, waiting in hell but still winning every time, look I just have thirteen orphans tenpai again all inclusive. Buy it now and you get a free package of tacos!
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 10:26   Link #2650
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It's not necessarily as bad of a series as Eisdrache seems to be advertising it. It got that good competitive and fighting adrenaline you get going in other sports and shounen shows, however this time the protagonists are girls so the character interactions are different. It's a show worth exploring I think.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 21:54   Link #2651
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

What? >_> I really like the show and I think Koromo is one of the cutest lolis from last season :3
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 10:18   Link #2652
Roardel

9th DVD limited edition will contain DVD box. http://www.saki-anime.com/index.html

And on the box we find Hisa × Mihoko. Boyish Hisa! Handsome Hisa! I love it!
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 13:48   Link #2653
M.Marangio

A special Saki tournament took place today at tenhou.net : http://tenhou.net/cs/201003sk/.

Next week, a special "Tacos Ramen" dish will be sold on March 13 and 14 at Akihabara.
http://www.saki-anime.com/news.html#100227_ramen
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 21:46   Link #2654
Midonin
Last Engage

In other news, the title for the upcoming PSP game's OP (sung by Little Non) is one of the longest I've seen in recent memory.

"Kimi ga Waratte Kureta kara, Kyou mo Yume no Tane wo Makou. -Kimitane-" (君が笑ってくれたから、 今日も夢の種を蒔こう。-キミたね-)

That translates as "From the Laughter You Gave, A Seed of Dreams Is Sown Today."
Old 2010-03-06, 22:31   Link #2655
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'm so sad that a second season is so far off.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 04:44   Link #2656
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
(Mostly) nice looking girls playing mahjong while showing some tendencies of yuri. Wa ha ha. Super powers for drawing the right tiles at the right time that makes Gurren Lagann pale in comparision. Stealth Mode, anti-tenpai aura, let's kan away, waiting in hell but still winning every time, look I just have thirteen orphans tenpai again all inclusive. Buy it now and you get a free package of tacos!
Wouldn't it make more sense to compare this to Beyblades (mystical monsters and special moves for a spinning top), Crush Gear (special moves for a toy car) and Yugioh.

Playing card games are quite fun but how do we make it more interesting on screen? I know! Add monsters coming to life, pseudo-Egyptian Mythology and ridiculously high stakes like chopping your feet off with a buzz saw should you lose.

So...

Anyone up for a game of Texas Hold Em? Person who loses all money first must chop off their left hand.

Quote:
9th DVD limited edition will contain DVD box. http://www.saki-anime.com/index.html
Is this one of them two episodes only dvds? Screw that, thank the heavens for uncontrolled pirated dvds imported from China (full season for 20 dollars and deliberately makes money from downloaded fansubs as well lol)

CESIVKZTQSEKJYVDGJOIAZGUKFUEKVGSKVGEDCASGGCSEIRKGR DWOZNVWDUYIMFIQVPNKYGDIVGCGFLRUDBTKGDIFZWTOUVSQYOR BMAPNVWFZDUPYYWOIKWJNXOLHIYIRKDMOYTGQCRXKMHFVIAMMH AFEHLXVULAMCUZBFNOTMCHAESZOOWQGMCRHGVSUOJVOLMKBQFC CGQXFXYQBPOPMCCBQYQRYEJMZHGKZLNSESBFCXCLZIUJIFGASS AIAKUXLKVEKAQFCTUWWVSMZRHMLEQZMNJZTNXQXAOJGWDDNRYE TNZY

Last edited by NinjaYali; 2010-03-12 at 21:22.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 05:09   Link #2657
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
Playing card games are quite fun but how do we make it more interesting on screen? I know! Add monsters coming to life, pseudo-Egyptian Mythology and ridiculously high stakes like chopping your feet off with a buzz saw should you lose.
That is not a fair comparison because YGO's animated monsters and magic were all secondary to the game mechanics or character development. While most of the battles were obviously staged or themed (I think of the Slifer the Sky Dragon Battle City match) they were still technically interesting, like watching a football game.

Saki is not like that at all, it really is a magic hax/moe yuri anime. At the very least Tetsuya explained the hax away as cheating, and it was always used to further the character development. Akagi took the opposite approach with a high level focus on realistic game mechanics. Saki is closer to Tetsuya but follows neither, really.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 13:12   Link #2658
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
Is this one of them two episodes only dvds? Screw that, thank the heavens for uncontrolled pirated dvds imported from China (full season for 20 dollars and deliberately makes money from downloaded fansubs as well lol)
It's a three-episode disc, but regardless, there's nothing praiseworthy at all about people who profit off of fansubs, or those who joyfully indulge in that illegal market. Please don't boast about that sort of nonsense on these forums.
Old 2010-03-12, 21:26   Link #2659
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
That is not a fair comparison because YGO's animated monsters and magic were all secondary to the game mechanics or character development. While most of the battles were obviously staged or themed (I think of the Slifer the Sky Dragon Battle City match) they were still technically interesting, like watching a football game.

Saki is not like that at all, it really is a magic hax/moe yuri anime. At the very least Tetsuya explained the hax away as cheating, and it was always used to further the character development. Akagi took the opposite approach with a high level focus on realistic game mechanics. Saki is closer to Tetsuya but follows neither, really.
True, there is cahracter development in YGO but still why didn't they leave it as a simple card game in school and not add in the whole plot about saving the world and monsters coming to life.

Remember one poster to the Beckett Magazine for YGO asking 'is there a actual duel disk that makes holograms of monsters' LOL.

THONGRTNQTUQFNTEQLQUZZOSPJDONWOYHVEQSRJBMNDYHYLVJL TQGNPYQRNNCGKPJU
Old 2010-03-30, 02:09   Link #2660
NinjaYali
Banned

Spoiler for Big dump of SakiNodo:

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen