AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-04, 05:46   Link #141
Merctrin
Immi

Yay, I finally finished the chapter.

Prequel
Prologue
Day 1

Spoiler for Day 2 [part 1]:

Spoiler for Day 2 [part 2]:

Spoiler for Notes:

Thanks for reading.
Old 2010-06-04, 09:12   Link #142
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merctrin View Post

Spoiler for Notes:

Thanks for reading.
Well, well, well. I knew sooner or later the love triangle would have to kick in, and I'm very interested to see the current dynamics. Especially intriguing to see that while Tsukuyomi dislikes Konoka, she still doesn't seem to have much of an interest or drive to actively kill her off; probably because she wants Setsuna to be happy, and Konoka makes Setsuna happy, as much as Tsukuyomi doesn't like it.

Gotta admit that Konoka is very sweet here; she's genuinely concerned for Setsuna, and she wants to be with her, which neither of them can really do right now with Tsukuyomi needing 24/7 guarding. In a way it makes you feel a little sorry for her; she means well, but at the same time she wants to be with Setsuna, and she can't be. I'm interested to see how she and Tsukuyomi would interact.

Also, why am I totally behind an Ayaka/Tsukuyomi friendship?
Old 2010-06-06, 18:37   Link #143
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merctrin View Post
Yay, I finally finished the chapter.

Prequel
Prologue
Day 1

Spoiler for Day 2 [part 1]:

Spoiler for Notes:

Thanks for reading.
Oh man, this was awesome!

SetsuYomi??? But....but.....*waves KonoSetsu flag* I must say though, from the way you've written these first two chapters, you would likely be the one to convert me ! Tsukuyomi maintains this barely-restrained-psycho air throughout the chapter, and it keeps her so in character and so interesting that I'm mesmerized .

The disconnect between how Tsukuyomi and Konoka see Setsuna's staring is dramatically ironically funny (Tsukuyomi thinks that Setsuna's pining after Konoka, Konoka thinks Setsuna is quasi-flirting/yearning, and Setsuna's terrified that Tsukuyomi would stab Konoka in the back if she's not careful). And just the way you lay out the last bit of Tsukuyomi's perspective is just perfectly eerie and great:
Quote:
Are they close enough that even a tiny separation was enough to make them miss each other?

Interesting.

And… bothersome.
I liked seeing Konoka possessive of Setsuna , but she's also very aware of Setsuna's sense of duty and isn't being a bitch about Setsuna's guarding Tsukuyomi, and even offered some very practical and logical alternative solutions. One of the things that I hate most are people who complain without thinking of viable solutions to offer instead, so in that scene Konoka behaved very well.

And oh....a reference to a flashback, I see? Sounds violent and nasty....

Konoka can't sleep well without Setsuna, eh? Does that mean that they've experienced the good slumber that sleeping together gives them??

The last bit is an excellent way to end the chapter, and the comment about them having forever together does a great job of cementing to the reader just how much they love each other (in every way) and how close they are, but could also provide for a powerful contrast in tone later on for us to compare the qualities of a KonoSetsu vs. SetsuYomi relationship .

Hmm, curious thought: If Asuna is Anti-magic, and she touches Tsukuyomi, could she possibly break the Ouroboros Seal, whether intentionally or by accident? =O
Old 2010-06-06, 19:32   Link #144
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Hmm, curious thought: If Asuna is Anti-magic, and she touches Tsukuyomi, could she possibly break the Ouroboros Seal, whether intentionally or by accident? =O
I was always under the impression that being Anti-magic meant that Asuna could breech things that normal people couldn't, not break them completely. =O Kind of like how she could get through Eva's force field when she fought Negi, but never completely destroyed it.
Old 2010-06-06, 20:12   Link #145
Merctrin
Immi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post

Luckily for everyone involved, Asuna's ability does not unconsciously extend far enough to break the Seal. The Seal takes all of Tsukuyomi's magic and ki that would normally flow freely throughout her body and feeds on it. Calling it a seal is kind of a misnomer--it's pretty much a parasite that feeds on so much of its host that it is impossible for that host to use anything that makes up the parasite's diet. Basically, the Seal is Tsukuyomi's magical energy, and since Asuna's Magic Cancel fun tends to affect the, er, effects of magic rather than the core that supplies those effects, being overly affectionate is not going to get Tsukuyomi out of her current predicament.

...Well. Maybe it will. But Asuna won't have much to do with it.
Old 2010-06-08, 22:22   Link #146
Finalage
*Author

An update on the out of touch observer here, who is generally ignored. Or perhaps whom just has not brought anything good to the table yet. Chapter forty nine is out already, you can read a snippet here, as always, the language here can be harsh, beware...:

Spoiler for Chapter Forty Nine: Young Negi An Applied Approach:

I am eagerly trying to find ways in which to put the idea for chapter fifty in my head into words to be typed out upon virtual paper. I know what I want to happen, but to describe it is going to be difficult. This is the fiftieth, I want to make it memorable...if anyone has any advice on what I can do for my style of writing...
Old 2010-06-09, 13:18   Link #147
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Not that I know what's going on at the moment, since I haven't read Young Negi, but... Arika is alive? Wow, that's... that's quite something.

Btw, I love that incantation you made for Malleus Aquilonis. Given that there is no official, we should use that one.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Old 2010-06-09, 21:59   Link #148
Finalage
*Author

Yes, Arika is alive in mine. Throws a bit of spice in the mix, mother son interaction, especially how they reunited, Negi almost fell off the bridge he had been sitting on to look at the sunset skyline, into the river...ahh, good times. Writing the original tension between the two was interesting, along with the bitterness Negi held against his father for mine.

Thank you, I made a lot of spells actually, and I do claim on my profile anyone can use them if they wish. Officially, I wrote a list somewhere, I have it here...somewhere in this mess called a flash drive...it is, by on means, finished, but it is a working list of about fifty seven spells. I don't have all the spells from the original Negima on there however, I need to put them sooner or later.

God of north wind, bold unto me your cry, rise the waters upon my call, Malleus Aquilonis!

Ehh, more or less the translator got it correct.

I also created a higher arch end of the world fire based spell "Primal Prominence."

Ahh! Please disregard the color talk, I had this in a WordPad document where colors were used.

Spoiler for Working Spell List (Mind telling me if you are going to use one of my originals?):
Old 2010-06-10, 00:52   Link #149
Kurush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalage View Post

Spoiler for Working Spell List (Mind telling me if you are going to use one of my originals?):
Heh, I am so copying that list. I will probably use the spells listed here, but I will say in the disclaimers that you made them. I can't really take credit for something someone else has done. If that is okay with you, of course.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Old 2010-06-10, 07:39   Link #150
Finalage
*Author

Perfectly fine by me. I have no problem helping other with thier stories by making spell work easier...Keep in mind though, that I am still updating the thing, I am not, by far, done with this. By the end, I hope to have, at the very least, a hundred spells, my goal is somewhere in the higher hundreds though.

(Kinda insane, but I'm crazy like that.)

Hey, at least it cements my knowledge of Latin further into my head.
Old 2010-06-13, 12:38   Link #151
Kurush

Seeing no one else seem to bother, I'll keep going with the Negi vs. Aris fight.

Spoiler for Negi vs. Aris pt 3:

Spoiler for Notes:

That's it for now. Hoe you don't mind the large amount of notes.

Old 2010-06-13, 21:17   Link #152
Finalage
*Author

It's good. I myself have thought about using weapons in cards, it's a technique I first saw employed, in a way, upon a Castlevania's battle system, circle of the moon. It's a nice concept to add some more..."colorful"aspects to the mix too. Speaking of colorful aspects, my own fiftieth chapter is out, and this time....let's just say I'm not sure, but I know it's a powerful punch in the face, whether or not it's good or a flop...

Seems like such a big number, fifty. For this one, I toss in more than a smidgen of angst...and I was originally quite proud of it, but, alas, I say originally. I'm not so sure if it's good now, when I see it. Well, just one part of it plays in my head as stupid. The others are firm and strong, I think.

As always, harsh language is apparent in this fiction. Odd that I myself don't use the words I constantly type in speech. This is an actual chapter I'm putting here, if it'll fit that is...I removed all formatting from it just in case. (I have removed all formating as a way to save character space.)

Part One

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Part Two:

One another note...posting up my spell list got my brain moving, and I have to say, I couldn't help but add a few new spells, (read: six, going on eight once I get the idea for the words on two others...) ...besides putting in the other original stone spells Fate uses in the manga, I added these:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-14, 10:00   Link #153
DKN117

Would this be the right forum to elicit assistance on finding a Negima fic somewhere on either fanfiction.net or mediaminer.org that I found once several months ago and now for the life of me can't seem to track down or even remember which of the two sites it's on? (don't remember the title or the main plotline of the fic, which - I'm assuming - vastly increases difficulty)
Old 2010-06-14, 12:46   Link #154
Kurush

Uh... afraid not. This is the thread where we post our own fic ideas, discuss it amongst ourselves and give each other tips on how to improve our writing.

Old 2010-06-14, 16:09   Link #155
DKN117

So where would I go to get help locating a long-lost fic?
Old 2010-06-15, 01:33   Link #156
Kurush

My advice, would be that you go on both sites and select the Search engine. Not much, but if you type in Negima, along with something in the title that you can recall, there is the chance that you'll find it.

Anything you can recall from the title, or something like that?

Old 2010-06-15, 09:53   Link #157
DKN117

Can't recall the title. And the fact that it tells a brief, not-even-a-whole-chapter story of Evangeline's past that involves her having two older brothers - Aongus & Pilip - is not mentioned in the story description, so searching by description won't do any good.
Old 2010-06-15, 10:33   Link #158
Kurush

Well... crap. Not normally one to say something like this, but it must suck to be you, then.

Old 2010-06-15, 21:13   Link #159
Finalage
*Author

How long ago did you read it last? I think I read something like that somewhere... I warn you, I said I think. I once had a similar problem with a Yu-gi-oh story, a really good one I might add, centering around Serenity and Seto...took me a few months of searching to realize the author no longer exists, I.e, deleted all of their stories, and had scat. Really disappointed me....

Oh, before I forget, more spells again.

Spoiler:

Chapter fifty one of my fiction is almost done.
Old 2010-06-18, 05:40   Link #160
Merctrin
Immi

New chapter. Yay.

Prequel
Prologue
Day 1
Day 2

Spoiler for Day 6:

Spoiler for Notes:

(In case it isn't immediately remembered, Tsuji is a character that appears in two panels of the 10th volume. If he shows up anywhere else, I haven't been paying enough attention to notice.)

Thanks a lot for reading.
Closed Thread