AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-28, 12:42   Link #7021
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i say who ever has good AoE hits the leavers..
Old 2011-01-28, 16:42   Link #7022
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
The party shouldn't split up on those snakes (unless you are gunning for achievement) - Have everyone jump down on the left side, tank picks up snakes, moves to the right side, picks up snakes, and proceeds upstairs to the boss. Someone stays behind to pull the levers obviously. AOE the snakes along the way or once you reach the boss, doesn't matter. Voila, instant profit. Don't attempt jumping down on both sides, it just makes a mess of things
This is true, if you try to get both the levers at once, it just leaves the healer scrambling around trying to heal the group from side to side, obviously not the way to go since the casttime is 10 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Easiest way it to just leave the snakes on the tank, they don't respawn until killed so it lets second shield only two have to jump down to hit the levers.
The only problem with this is the part where there are too many snakes on the tank, and if your tank cannot take the damage done by the boss it will just stress the healer's mana way to much. Eventually leading him/her to oom eventually if the DPS are not quick enough. Depending on your tank and how well that person can negate damage taken is vital to use this strategy. But for someone like a Death Knight tank or Druid tank who don't use shields, they will take a bulk amount of damage, but the Death Knight tank can merely heal it. I don't know about the druid tank.
Old 2011-01-28, 23:56   Link #7023
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The only problem with this is the part where there are too many snakes on the tank, and if your tank cannot take the damage done by the boss it will just stress the healer's mana way to much. Eventually leading him/her to oom eventually if the DPS are not quick enough. Depending on your tank and how well that person can negate damage taken is vital to use this strategy. But for someone like a Death Knight tank or Druid tank who don't use shields, they will take a bulk amount of damage, but the Death Knight tank can merely heal it. I don't know about the druid tank.
Druids have shield/absorb proc, Savage Defense, that should let me do it assuming they have a decent crit rate[all agi means should be at 15% +5% from talent] and some mastery to increase absorb amount, and on AoE it's easier to proc since swipe, maul, and others abilities have more chances to crit then, so they could probably do it.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 22:05   Link #7024
demonfang

I don't know if this has been asked before, but is there a server with an 'Animesuki' guild?
demonfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 22:22   Link #7025
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not that I can find one the US servers. There is a 'Animesuki' Night Elf Druid however.
Old 2011-01-29, 22:38   Link #7026
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not that I can find one the US servers. There is a 'Animesuki' Night Elf Druid however.
I don't think he literally meant one with that name, but rather a server where people from animesuki have formed a guild (of any name).

Even so, I believe the answer is still no.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 23:00   Link #7027
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't think he literally meant one with that name, but rather a server where people from animesuki have formed a guild (of any name).

Even so, I believe the answer is still no.
Yeah I'm pretty sure there is no server with the guild 'AnimeSuki' in it since we are all in different servers, would also require some dedicated people to start new characters or transfer to one specific server to form one though. But the majority of people in here are Alliance and I'm Horde so I have to start a whole new character then.
Old 2011-01-29, 23:21   Link #7028
GDB

Quote:
But the majority of people in here are Alliance and I'm Horde so I have to start a whole new character then.
Horde here as well. Then again, I've stopped playing, so not sure if that counts. We'll make it 1.4 Horde players. =P
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 01:37   Link #7029
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i just got Oxheart for my paladin RP set
Old 2011-01-30, 03:41   Link #7030
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah no guild, would be cool to have a cross server channel I guess, if it were possible.

Some people have jumped on a server together at some stage to play.
Old 2011-01-30, 05:37   Link #7031
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Last time I heard of something resembling a mass migration was the formation of <For Her Tallest> on Wyrmrest Accord for a goblin guild dedicated to Boss Mida.
Old 2011-01-30, 11:03   Link #7032
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Horde here as well. Then again, I've stopped playing, so not sure if that counts. We'll make it 1.4 Horde players. =P
Well, atleast there are some Horde players here
Old 2011-02-03, 04:42   Link #7033
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Rotation has improved a little, as has the enchantments on my gear (as well as some 359 rep stuff added to it). Haven't tested out the entire package in a dungeon yet, but before that I was getting close to 7k with group buffs, while our mage was just a little over 7k. We traded top damage spot for a time except when we had a warrior in the group that was doing 10.5k dps, but he left after the first boss in HoO...without saying anything really. Maybe he was there for a drop from that boss, or didn't like how we did things. Didn't help me that my nitro belt manfunctioned on the run back up to the top the second time (that was a fun ride up to the ceiling then floating back down slowly...didn't even get a shot off on the boss after the second shield because they took him down while I floated down).
Old 2011-02-03, 11:00   Link #7034
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@Ithekro - There's a tanking neck from that boss which has dodge and expertise. When you're trying to get a tank ready, it'd be best in slot or very close to it because dodge and expertise are VERY hard to get hold of from dungeon gear.

Well, I had a MASSIVE case of luck tonight! My first stint of trying to get Aeonaxx - and it somehow worked...

Spoiler for The fight:

Spoiler for Phosphorescent Drake:

I thought I'd spend months if not years trying to get hold of this. I only needed 1 day...
Old 2011-02-03, 11:59   Link #7035
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
@Ithekro - There's a tanking neck from that boss which has dodge and expertise. When you're trying to get a tank ready, it'd be best in slot or very close to it because dodge and expertise are VERY hard to get hold of from dungeon gear.
Well there are much better necklaces out there. The one from the end of blackrock caverns heroic for one. I think there is a dodge / mastery neck somewhere too. Expertise atm is completely useless for tanks because of vengeance. We get so much threat from that, that any misses or dodges or parries don't really matter anymore. The only thing that might matter is hit if you are having to tank and interrupt some kind of cast, but I run with 2% hit and 5 expertise and I never have issues. Survivability is king for tanking right now.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 13:40   Link #7036
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Well, I had a MASSIVE case of luck tonight! My first stint of trying to get Aeonaxx - and it somehow worked...

Spoiler for The fight:

Spoiler for Phosphorescent Drake:

I thought I'd spend months if not years trying to get hold of this. I only needed 1 day...
The only thing you need to worry about that dragon is the whelps that shoot at you right? Also great job on the mount
Old 2011-02-03, 18:38   Link #7037
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Nice grats on the mount, haven't seen him when I've been to DH sadly. How high up is he, how close to the ToE?
Old 2011-02-03, 19:26   Link #7038
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well there are much better necklaces out there. The one from the end of blackrock caverns heroic for one. I think there is a dodge / mastery neck somewhere too. Expertise atm is completely useless for tanks because of vengeance. We get so much threat from that, that any misses or dodges or parries don't really matter anymore. The only thing that might matter is hit if you are having to tank and interrupt some kind of cast, but I run with 2% hit and 5 expertise and I never have issues. Survivability is king for tanking right now.
It's best in slot at heroic level for Druids. Parry is useless to us and mastery is so-so. Missing is not an option for Bear tanks or they're screwed. Could say the same thing for Death Knights.

As for Aeonaxx, well, I spammed Ice Barrier, so I presume I might have been about 50% hp if I wasn't a class that could shield when Aeonaxx fell. It patrols around the Temple of Earth about the same height the Stonecore entrance is and out almost to where the broken pillars are. Use NPCScan or you will get beaten to him if he pops. I got on him about 5 seconds after he spawned - that's how fast you have to be.
Old 2011-02-03, 23:42   Link #7039
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

People are that intense in farming Aeonaxx? o.o Reminds me of the Time-Lost Proto Drake
Old 2011-02-04, 00:16   Link #7040
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
It's best in slot at heroic level for Druids. Parry is useless to us and mastery is so-so. Missing is not an option for Bear tanks or they're screwed. Could say the same thing for Death Knights.
For Warriors Parry/mastery are there best stats, so I doubt the warrior was there for that necklace.

Quote:
People are that intense in farming Aeonaxx? o.o Reminds me of the Time-Lost Proto Drake
it's pretty much time-lost version 2.0 .

On a different note I got my feral kitty to 85 yesterday and was able to queue for HCs right away thanks to having an i346 polearm crafted though I am only queue with guild runs until I get a bit more use to them as DPS and get a bit better gear, and enjoying it for PVP and PVE. Also got my hurricane deck finished so I'll have nice epic agi trinket for my druid this weekend, though sadly my luck with tsunami deck/wave cards has been awful, I only have 3 cards so far and I got them all by trading embers haven't gotten a single one made in over 15 or so attempts at darkmoon cards :|. And I am still worried about the stupid nerf to feral shifting to break roots when 4.0.6 comes . And speaking of the patch when the heck is it suppose to be anyways?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows