AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-01-10, 20:34   Link #5261
imaginari
Purupurupiko-Man

Location: My beloved hometown, the mackerel river running through it
I just thought of something, just a guess, not much basis for it, but interesting enough. I don't know if it belongs here or in the Epitaph thread. My theory:

The mechanism for the hidden passage leading to the Kuwadorian is connected to that of the mansion clock and can only be opened from 10 to 12 o'clock.

My evidence:
  • Eva entered the tunnel at 10:00 AM in EP3.
  • Rosa also entered at just close enough of a time to bump into Eva despite the tiny odds of this.
  • Battler and Erika found the gold at 10:00 PM in EP5.
  • The family was shown the gold at 10:47 PM.
  • George and Shannon (and Gaap)'s mysterious meetings always occur between 10 PM and midnight.
  • The gameboard always ends just after the mansion clock strikes twelve, and seemingly never before.
  • The "explosion theory" would be simpler if something in the tunnel was already to be triggered at midnight and the explosives were hooked up to that. There would be no need to purchase a separate timer.

What do you guys think?
imaginari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 21:36   Link #5262
Ronove

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginari View Post
I just thought of something, just a guess, not much basis for it, but interesting enough. I don't know if it belongs here or in the Epitaph thread. My theory:

The mechanism for the hidden passage leading to the Kuwadorian is connected to that of the mansion clock and can only be opened from 10 to 12 o'clock.

My evidence:
  • Eva entered the tunnel at 10:00 AM in EP3.
  • Rosa also entered at just close enough of a time to bump into Eva despite the tiny odds of this.
  • Battler and Erika found the gold at 10:00 PM in EP5.
  • The family was shown the gold at 10:47 PM.
  • George and Shannon (and Gaap)'s mysterious meetings always occur between 10 PM and midnight.
  • The gameboard always ends just after the mansion clock strikes twelve, and seemingly never before.
  • The "explosion theory" would be simpler if something in the tunnel was already to be triggered at midnight and the explosives were hooked up to that. There would be no need to purchase a separate timer.

What do you guys think?
Well, I don't know about this but it's plausible, however Knox's Commandments might cancel it.

Interesting idea though, with the clocks and time.

Btw, referring to GeorgexGaap + JessicaxRonove, does this mean George was fighting Nanjo and Jessica was fighting Genji? This would mean Nanjo took Krauss' boxing skills.
Ronove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 21:58   Link #5263
tehjoker
It's all useless.

Shannon is Gaap.
That's why George didn't lay a single kick on her.
tehjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 23:18   Link #5264
Judoh
Mystery buff

Hi I just signed up! I just read episode 5 and I'm rereading episodes 1-5 again because I want to figure out the mystery before the epsiode 6 translation comes out.

While I was reading I realized something fascinating about the location of Rokkenjima island. I thought if I learned more about it's location I would learn more about why he chose this place for his story.

The Izu archipelego ( where Rokkenjima island is) is located in the Devil's sea, which is also right in the middle of the “Dragon's triangle”. Similar to the Bermuda triangle all sorts of weird phenomena happen there. Boats have been reported to disappear there during storms. There are reports of “UFO phenomena” there. Radio communications can stop working during storms as well. In the Bermuda triangle there are even stories of planes flying through portals and traveling back in time

The Dragon's triangle really is the perfect place to put Rokkenjima island if you want strange phenomena to occur. It wouldn't be out of the ordinary to even suggest that the storm caused an electromagnetic disturbance at the island that caused everyone to go crazy. Of course I don't think Ryukishi07 would actually use that in his story after what happened in Higurashi, but I think it's interesting that he chose this place for his story specifically because of what happens there.

It doesn't help us figure out who the culprit is, but it could explain why they can't even use the radio to call the police. And it might be able to explain the time loops and the supernatural experiences.

http://www.unexplainedstuff.com/Plac...-Triangle.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_Sea

I'm also wondering if maybe the pictures of Rokkenjima island in the openings were maybe some kind of clue to help us figure this out.

Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 23:31   Link #5265
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
Well, I don't know about this but it's plausible, however Knox's Commandments might cancel it.

Interesting idea though, with the clocks and time.

Btw, referring to GeorgexGaap + JessicaxRonove, does this mean George was fighting Nanjo and Jessica was fighting Genji? This would mean Nanjo took Krauss' boxing skills.
I would like this explained to me because this is the first time I have heard of this, why does Gaap=Nanjo?
Smeckledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 00:14   Link #5266
TTR
受話器持って魔女・エアトリーチェ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
You guys would be surprised. Infants and neonates have surprisingly high regenerative capabilities. They can in fact survive certain kinds of physical injury better than adults so you can't exactly say that a 1 year old child would fare worse in similar situations than fully grown people.
This came off to me as "You know, if you drop a baby off a 3+ story house, don't be surprised if it's still alive."

Also, about that "servant being seriously injured and quitting" thing, that was most likely a euphemism for death. I mean, in EP1, it said basically that the family loaned lost of money to its members. I thought that was just a euphemism for "everyone's actually really REALLY broke"
TTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 01:56   Link #5267
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeckledorf View Post
I would like this explained to me because this is the first time I have heard of this, why does Gaap=Nanjo?
There are several arguments. Basically:
  • The demons appear not to represent family members based on the patterns of ep1-6. We know at least that Ronove's "vessel" is Genji and Virgilia's is Kumasawa.
  • Gaap claims to be a "friend" and a "guest," not a servant herself. Nanjo is the only person on the island who is not an Ushiromiya or a servant of the family. He is Kinzo's friend and a guest.
  • Gaap makes people "disappear" in ep4 and 5. If Nanjo drugged people you could argue he did this in 4, and in 5, his false diagnosis of death would've allowed the "victims" to sneak away once everyone was gone.
  • Someone compared Gaap's stiletto heels to a needle. If anyone has one of those, it's the doctor.
  • This is ep6, but Zepar/Furfur appear to be representative of Kanon/Shannon, which would eliminate almost all the non-family candidates for the role except Nanjo and Gohda. Granted, that could simply be coincidence.
  • Many people suspect Shannon of being Beatrice. If Shannon is indeed Beatrice, she isn't Gaap at the same time. Gaap being her "friend" could refer to Nanjo being in on some plot with Shannon.
Of course, none of this is really proof of anything, but that's why some people think Gaap = Nanjo.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 02:48   Link #5268
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

That sure is interesting. But I would not be so quick to say the family couldn't be represented by witches, demons, and the like. I mean Maria thinks she is a witch.
Old 2010-01-11, 04:44   Link #5269
Key Board
Carbon

Do you know how Beatrice once said that furnitures are scary and have at times become witches themselves.

That's most likely a flag for episode 7 or 8

Kanon or Shanon or perhaps both (assuming they are the one and the same) are Beatrice
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 04:58   Link #5270
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

I don't know about Kannon being Beatrice but he does seem to be one of her more useful/favorite tools.
Old 2010-01-11, 08:18   Link #5271
Derlev

Hello, i tried to work out some pattern to the twilight murders and i wanted to know what others think about it.
Spoiler for The pattern:

Now i'll try to apply the pattern to Episodes 1-3:
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Spoiler for Episode 3:

I wrote this because i read somewhere that you can guess the following twilights according to the victims of the 1st one. When i searched the web for something similar to this i didn't find anything so if there is a better idea for the victim's order could you please link it.
personally thought i have some problems with that pattern. It's a bit of a problem to guess who is the next victim when it depends where and with whom Battler is. Also, the 2 exception rules (Rule 2 and the skipping Kinzo if his corpse isn't found) need some more work imo. If those rules really do apply there need to be some hints that Kinzo's corpse is going to appear in the Episode and who is under rule 2 in order to guess the victim order.

What do you think? is it the really the pattern for the twilights or is it just some nonesense i made up?
With enough "exception rules" i guess people can make any kind of pattern for the twilights.

Last edited by Derlev; 2010-01-11 at 08:29.
Derlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 10:03   Link #5272
Koi

the gold is in underground...
Probably near chapel...
where it is can be described with word game. A very hard one.
The chances it uses English word is high, but I think it involves kanji too.

oh, BTW... family tree kinda reminds me of the family rank. Can that be used?
Maybe people with family crest... 1+4+4+3= 12
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 13:17   Link #5273
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
[*] Many people suspect Shannon of being Beatrice. If Shannon is indeed Beatrice, she isn't Gaap at the same time. Gaap being her "friend" could refer to Nanjo being in on some plot with Shannon.[/LIST]Of course, none of this is really proof of anything, but that's why some people think Gaap = Nanjo.
I would think that point works better for Jessica, who Shannon considers to be her best friend. The fact that in EP 4 Gaap killed George and Jessica knew George died only adds onto that.

And if Gaap isn't a servant, like Virgilia and Ronove are, then why can't she be a member of the family? The pattern shouldn't apply to her.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 13:34   Link #5274
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Gaap, Sakutarou and the Siestas do not wear the one-winged eagle.
Beatrice, Goldsmith, the stakes, the goats, and Ronove do.
Virgilia wears something similar to the one-winged eagle.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 15:48   Link #5275
Mirrored

I think that Gaap and Ronove are Nanjo and Kyrie.

At the very least, I imagine that both Nanjo and Kyrie are accomplices. The evidence for this is evidence from the future,

On the day before both leave, a letter is sent with their names as the sender and a return address listed. What this means to me is that they opted to serve as accomplices, with the promise of money that would arrive after or be left to their children.

Thus, Nanjo is leaving the money to his son (or it is simply a security deposit for his cooperation). Kyrie is leaving the money to Ange (or it is simply a security deposit for her cooperation).

Alternatively, I like the theory that Kyrie is an accomplice, and her daughter is being held hostage during the time. However, older Ange does not remember being held hostage, so I think the "leaving money behind" idea is much better.
Mirrored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 15:57   Link #5276
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

I believe the letter was for Rudolph. Personally, I think that money was sent as hush money to all the people that KNEW Kinzo was dead.
Also, Ange inherited the Ushiromiya family. I think Kyrie would have left behind almost nothing compared to that.
This actually brings me back to the number Nanjo received, Nanjo did not paint that number on the door but someone who gave it to him did. This would most likely be Krauss or Natsuhi. I don't see the relevance of doing such to help out the remaining survivors or instill fear into them. My guess is this was meant to frame someone after the police came. Either that or we have two different parties killing people.
Old 2010-01-11, 16:03   Link #5277
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Spoiler for theories:

...This is just me though. xD;;
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 16:13   Link #5278
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Spoiler for response to said theories:
Old 2010-01-11, 16:18   Link #5279
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Spoiler for spoiler:
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 16:35   Link #5280
Judoh
Mystery buff

Spoiler for response to nanjo theory:

Spoiler for more about Kyrie:

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-01-11 at 16:57.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote