AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-04, 13:32   Link #21
Freddy C
Invincible

Send a message via MSN to Freddy C
hmmmm.... the animetorrents dont work for me, does anyone else have this problem, is it animetorrent's fault or mine?
Freddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 13:39   Link #22
PhoenixFire0215
Perpetually Confused

piano was pretty good except that i didn't really like the ending. it was a nice quiet anime though and the songs were good.
PhoenixFire0215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 20:30   Link #23
Jonte
. . . . .

Send a message via ICQ to Jonte Send a message via MSN to Jonte
Piano?

I just watched the fansub of "Piano" by [MF & Solar] / [Genbu & Solar]. Its not the best anime ive seen. Not the worst either. Though I wouldnt watch it again.. not very deep. Anyway, there is 10 episodes, checked animesuki and animenfo, they say there is only 10 eps? I didnt really feel there was a end to the series, well kinda, but not really.

Spoiler for If youve seen the series, read this:

Anyway, is this is the end of it? or will there be more?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-07-23 at 00:41. Reason: Thread merged
Jonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 21:09   Link #24
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Nope, that's then end. I really wanted to hear that piece as well. Maybe the OST has it.

Here's a spot of trivia. Ayako Kawasumi [who plays the lead in this show] also wrote the original piano scores [the OP theme] and performed the key pieces as well. And if anyone is wondering why the characters look so familiar- the guy who did it is Kosuke Fujishima of Ah! Megamisama/You're under Arrest/ Sakura Wars fame. Just that Miu's hair is so damned strange

But I love this show, it is however admittedly not for everyone because it's very slow moving. Those who took up musical instruction of some sort will be able to relate. Looking at it, I was stuck by a strong sense of nostalgia. My own piano teacher I can best describe as a demoness without a shred of mercy for every fault and a stickler for short nails and cleanliness. But thanks to her I have better grooming, timing and an appreciation for good music.

Also, taking up the piano [or any instrument for that matter] is to turn yourself partly into a machine. Getting good has almost nothing to do with natural talent- only relentless practice. And unless you are able to write your own little scores or add variation to the pieces you'll probably go mad and hate that pile of wood, wire and ivory for life.

Anyway, more than anything else I want the OST for this one
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 21:10   Link #25
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well thats the END of the Season, but we dont know about another season
It all depends on popularity, you see
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 21:14   Link #26
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Well You might have to buy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Anyway, more than anything else I want the OST for this one
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 22:17   Link #27
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I liked this series fine! It had enough story for its own length, and the ending led into a different kind of story. For me, that's a really good time for an anime to end - shifting gears in the middle of a series can lead to bad results.

Miu is an interesting character (even without the hairdo). She is still young but she has something going for her beyond school or trying to get a boyfriend. It's nice to get to know her family a little - a lot of shows can't be bothered dealing with families.

BTW, learning how to play music has been proven to make people smarter - it's true that practice can be tough and that it is necessary in order to develop talent and so on, but it's not like people's minds are being fed into some kind of mincing machine...
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 22:55   Link #28
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

Glad to hear you all liked the show. I know I had a blast subbing it, as it's one of my favorites from the past few years.

It's slow-moving, sure, and it leaves some loose ends, but I agree with babbitto2k -- the ending felt quite appropriate to me.

If you actually want to know more about Miu, your only real option is to go for the radio drama -- Piano's origins are in this medium, and I assume there is more plot detail in it.
Elepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-22, 23:01   Link #29
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
BTW, learning how to play music has been proven to make people smarter - it's true that practice can be tough and that it is necessary in order to develop talent and so on, but it's not like people's minds are being fed into some kind of mincing machine...
Yeah- but I already said my old piano teacher was demonic. So much that I was able to play blindfolded for some of the easier pieces. That's control and muscle memory- though admittedly my sight reading sucks
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 16:53   Link #30
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just finished this one up as well ... a very beautiful slice of life series from several years back (as may be obvious from the dating of the last post in the thread). I found myself really liking the quiet and very realistic portrayal not only of the main character but even of life at her home.

The use of only music during the OP was very effective imo, and the soundtrack was ... well ... downright elegant at times - not surprising considering the elements in the series.

The only drawback of the series for me (as trite and small minded as it may sound, but which others also mentioned above) was the way the animators drew the hair of the main character. Seriously, it was jarring for the first few eps.

Anyway - a very quiet and lovely series worth another look if you like slice-of-life genre works.