AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-12-29, 18:06   Link #601
coded321
He Who Games

a great ending but personally, i'm a little disappointed that favaro couldn't figure out a way to save amira, because if favaro did save amira, then that would have been going against fate wouldnt it? Well that's just me, who always wants the guy and girl to live happily ever after in the end. do you guys think there should be another season? how well did this show do in japan? have they hinted at a sequel series or is that just my imagination?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 18:15   Link #602
Tenzen12

Awesome anime, to be honest I personaly like it even more than UBW. I realy hope they will be back, not just I will miss everyone and Amira still need to be saved somehow but we still know almost nothing about Gods and Demons realms.

AFAIC 10/10 for whole show.
Old 2014-12-29, 18:25   Link #603
kuromitsu

Awwwww yeesssss. A fitting end to such a fun show, and Kaisar and Kaisar and Kaisar!!!! Also, was that a hint at a second season? WAS IT? WAS IT???!

1) I know I'm biased but this was totally Kaisar's episode. I'd been afraid that his role was over after making up with Favaro, but nope, he went and basically saved the day. Also, it's always nice to see that he's really good with that sword.

(Although by all logic Favaro should've died after Kaisar shot him, antidote or no antidote... but hey, don't think, feel! )

2) I always said this and here's the proof: without the afro and the pompadour Favaro and Kaisar are actually pretty damn good-looking. You'd think someone would've clued them in on this already...

2a) Epilogue!Favaro has Kotetsu's kitty beard. Just saying.

3) *goes on and on and on and on about Kaisar* *also Hansa because awwwww he was so brave!*

4) So it was Martinet aka Gilles de Rais all along. This should've been really forced, but seeing how far it went it actually makes sense and fits into the narrative. So Gilles just wanted to watch the world burn (literally) so he posed as a demon, told lies to Beelzebub and basically orchestrated everything that happened. Nice. (.....Dammit Beel, you were an idiot all along, although I suppose it made sense, but you'd think Beel would've wanted to test it first, on something not quite as destructive.)

5) I hope I wasn't the only one who started humming the theme song to the Nils Holgersson anime as Kaisar and Favaro were flying on Hansa... I really wonder if that was on purpose or not.

6) So Favaro was the knight, after all (kind of a given, after what happened to Amira). And so in the history of anime we have the very first Holy Afro Knight!! XD I love this show.

7) Come to think of it, what happened to Rita? I imagine she's with Bacchus & Hansa...
7a) ......come to think of it, was that Kaisar's old horse in the end??? Aww, she came back!

8) I can just see Lucifer sitting in his little lair, watching the events unfold through some device, and then at one point going "well OK, it's time to make a dashing entrance and save the day!"

So yes, this was an almost perfect ending to an unexpectedly awesome show. If there was one thing I wasn't crazy about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
They shared a kiss at the end, there is justice after all.
....she's like... five......... I mean I expected a peck or something along those lines, but that wasn't exactly an innocent kiss one would share with someone who is mentally like... five.

Since the revelation about Amira I interpreted their relationship as that of siblings, which made quite a lot of sense, but this.... uhhh? I would've preferred if they didn't try to shoehorn a romance in there, after an entire series spent with no romantic developments and then revealing that Amira is technically a little girl. I think I'll just pretend that this was a brother-sisterly kiss, and in a non-LN way. For my own sanity. ("I, The Hero, Found Out That My Little Sister Is A Giant World-Destroying Dragon", I'm sure there's a light novel about that...)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 18:32   Link #604
Tenzen12

Well, she is physicaly adult, so all hormones should be present (but well, who knows how it's with demons and gods, right?). With or without, I am fine with it.

PS: I was still thinking : "Damn, you pedo!" anyway
Old 2014-12-29, 18:37   Link #605
Esclair

A great ending to great series. I was really worried they were going to botch the ending but they played it off perfectly. I think pacing wise they could have used another episode to space out some of the developments in the last couple of episodes but I'll take what I can get.

It's been a while since a medieval fantasy story felt this fresh and was executed this well. Hopefully we'll see more of these kind of stories in the future.

9/10

Finally , S2 when?!
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 18:38   Link #606
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
PS: I was still thinking : "Damn, you pedo!" anyway
Yeah. I wouldn't have minded if she was supposed to be all adult and/or there were romantic developments along the line, but as things are... it just didn't sit well with me. (Which is all the worse because it would've been cute otherwise.) Yeah, I think I'm going back to my la la land. Good thing that otherwise the episode was really awesome.
Old 2014-12-29, 19:42   Link #607
Ray
Garnet

Oh, damn.. my ship sailed and.. sunk.. I was so happy to see that kiss.. but then she disappeared.. goddamn.. This episode and the anime overall has been one hell of a great trip. I loved every bit of the ending other than than Amira's disappearance but I guess that had to be. We'll see a quest to save/bring her back in a potential S2, right? That's what the endcard was about, right?

I'm disappointed to see that Amira wasn't saved because of all the talk about changing fate and all that. Plus, she suffered so damn much! Would one little bit of happiness be too much to ask for? I'm sure it would've been a Deus ex machina if they did but I'd almost take one at this point..

At any rate, it was nice to see Lucifer and Cerberus make an appearance to reinforce the angels' barrier and actually contribute to something!
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 21:39   Link #608
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayrah View Post
At any rate, it was nice to see Lucifer and Cerberus make an appearance to reinforce the angels' barrier and actually contribute to something!
When they were all gathering to reinforce the barrier, Michael Jackson's 'We Are The World' popped into my head... I can't really say why but I was cracking up during the entire thing.

Beelzebub... you're idiot.

Wanted to see Jeanne get in on the action somehow... too bad. Like commanding the Gods to move into sealing formations or whatnot... the girl needed something. I mean cuz staying right were she was, totally safe. Yeah... /sarcasm That and more action of her in that getup.

Those are some insane prosthetic limbs they got there... They might give GitS a run for their money with those.

My major gripe - WHERE DID RITA GO!? Rita was awesome - truly a great character.
Old 2014-12-29, 23:38   Link #609
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
It was a good episode wish it was longer but it was fun ride.
Old 2014-12-30, 04:02   Link #610
Mubyoshi

Ahah, so he really did affix the antidote to the arrow. This anime was rather enjoyable, will probably earn a place in my harddrive. It'd be cool if there was a second season some time down the line so that Amira can be rescued.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 05:12   Link #611
desrtsku
Nympholept

Favarooooooooooooo!

Good, good. This pretty much secured this anime as one of my favourite of this season and year.

Now, Bahamut is gone ... and Amira with it. But can't be helped, it always takes a while for Favaro's lies to become true.
Kaisar actually did use the antidote on the arrow. You're the man, kaisar.
Beelz got what he deserved. By the hands of Azazel at that.
Gilles got what he deserved.
The King got [S]slightly more than/S] what he deserved.
Jeanne wasn't executed (here's an actual change of fate).
Favaro and Kaisar are now in good terms. They're practically FMA brothers now.
Bahamut and Amira are likely not dead so it's somewhat leaves room for a continuation.
But the most important thing of all, we got a final "FAVAROOOOO!".

All in all, I'm very satisfied with everything except for a few minor things, like Lucifer only showing up at the end. Then again, you can't expect a Shiny Bishounen Fallen Angel like him to dirty his hands by dealing with suicidal fools like Beelz, he's too fabulous for those puny tasks.
Also, I hope that the latter, Azazel and Cerberus are fine. It looks like they were caught in that explosion, and the last part of the final didn't procure us clear informations on their current whereabouts.
And Rita, are we supposed to assume that she's working with Bacchus now? They should make a good pair.
Old 2014-12-30, 09:05   Link #612
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 12 [END]

Dammit, I should have seen the Lavalley=Martinet/Gilles de Rais coming. At least that whole thing got squared off. I guess this means the real Lavalley died during the kidnapping years ago.

Great finale! While not everything got a complete conclusion (Seriously where is Rita after 2 years?) I was certainly satisfied with enough what was shown. Really though for something that basically came out of nowhere with little to no hype SnB quickly situated itself as being one of most consistent shows in terms of quality in both it's production values and writing. Even if didn't have the most inspiring/unique story ever it was well told in a manner most aren't and backed up by pretty strong nonstandard characters.

It's really a shame (and real a surprise) that Amira's fate ultimately couldn't be changed, just as old dragon said. But it doesn't seems like she's completely gone, so perhaps there still something that can be done. In fact it sounds like a setup for sequel the end card hinted at if you ask me.

Well whenever that happens, I'm in as long as the staff remains the same anyway. 9/10 for me.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-12-30 at 09:23.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 09:38   Link #613
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Decent ending I guess. Watching Bahamut unleashing hell on earth was just spectacular, it would have been nice if the angels and demons were given more focus or actual lines to make the battle feel natural. And kudos to Lavelley/Martinet, the guy almost trolled everyone to extinction, I enjoyed his character and he brought my faith back to the antagonists of this show; Azzazel and the rest were disappointing. My only beef with this show is that you can't tell whether or not certain scenes should be serious or comedic and that just leaves me baffled and disconnected at times.

I really enjoyed the first half of the series and Favaro is definitely a memorable character.
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 10:55   Link #614
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
It's really a shame (and real a surprise) that Amira's fate ultimately couldn't be changed, just as old dragon said. But it doesn't seems like she's completely gone, so perhaps there still something that can be done. In fact it sounds like a setup for sequel the end card hinted at if you ask me.
I think in the end her fate was changed insofar as she didn't die. The way I interpreted the old dragon's words Amira should've been killed before she merged with Bahamut. After she merged with Bahamut she can't be destroyed anymore (just as they couldn't destroy Bahamut the last time, they had to seal him) so all Favaro could achieve was essentially re-sealing Bahamut (and Amira... Bahamira...), which in turn gives time for the good guys to consult some ancient lore and save her in S2 - or so the S2 hook goes.
Old 2014-12-30, 11:16   Link #615
ookamigirl

All out war!
The truth finally surfaced.
Lavalley/Gilles de Rais manipulated with practically everyone.
Favaro vs Kaisar. That just felt wrong..
Still, those two managed to outsmart him.
Amira - Favaro final moments were nice ^^
It was interesting to see angels and demons working together.
Well, looks like some things never change.
Favaro & Kaisar lives seem to be forever intertwined.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 11:58   Link #616
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

A very enjoyable ride, although there is one thing that puzzled me in the last episode: Why did Favaro and Kaisar had to do that farce anyway? I mean Kaisar's bounty bracelet effect radius was large enough so Favaro could pokeball Gilles. If so, why didn't they just try that from the get go instead of chopping off Kaisar's arm? It took quite a while for Favaro to activate the bracelet to begin with, so it felt a tad forced in that regard.

Besides that point, rampant CGI and some disconnected scenes like hero of the days said, it was a very good series all along with a nice flair in the presentation.
Would definitely like another season, although I really think the ending is satisfying enough.
Old 2014-12-30, 12:28   Link #617
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I think in the end her fate was changed insofar as she didn't die. The way I interpreted the old dragon's words Amira should've been killed before she merged with Bahamut. After she merged with Bahamut she can't be destroyed anymore (just as they couldn't destroy Bahamut the last time, they had to seal him) so all Favaro could achieve was essentially re-sealing Bahamut (and Amira... Bahamira...), which in turn gives time for the good guys to consult some ancient lore and save her in S2 - or so the S2 hook goes.
I see, that's a good point. It farther feeds into my speculation that everything with Amira may not be completely resolved yet. Though mind don't mind how things played out this way either since gives a the ending a rather bittersweet feeling too.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 13:11   Link #618
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
A very enjoyable ride, although there is one thing that puzzled me in the last episode: Why did Favaro and Kaisar had to do that farce anyway? I mean Kaisar's bounty bracelet effect radius was large enough so Favaro could pokeball Gilles. If so, why didn't they just try that from the get go instead of chopping off Kaisar's arm? It took quite a while for Favaro to activate the bracelet to begin with, so it felt a tad forced in that regard.
Because it was more dramatic that way! Come on!!
Aside of the drama, I think it was to lull Gilles into a false sense of safety. What with his special abilities he could've killed Kaisar if he tried to get too close, and let's face it Kaisar doesn't have much of a talent for deception. Gilles thought that Favaro being a demon meant he posed no danger to him. And the time between Favaro presenting the bracelet and Kaisar (it was him, it's his bracelet) activating it, well... it would've been less dramatic if they did it swiftly.

I'm more curious about how Favaro knew that Gilles had a bounty on him... I suppose it's that Rita and Kaisar were flying close enough, and Rita was talking loud enough, for the newly-healed Favaro to hear, but... oh well, realism is overrated anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I see, that's a good point. It farther feeds into my speculation that everything with Amira may not be completely resolved yet. Though mind don't mind how things played out this way either since gives a the ending a rather bittersweet feeling too.
Yes, I'm fine with the bittersweetness, too. An all-out happy ending would've worked fine as well, but this way there's still the sense of having more adventures ahead. Given that this is supposed to be a prequel to the game (where, I assume, Bahamut is up and about), I expected Bahamut to stay alive in one way or another, and with the Bahamira situation the stakes are higher than if it was the good guys vs the evil old dragon.
Old 2014-12-30, 13:33   Link #619
Kora

Awesome series! Favaro, Kaisar and Rita all were great!
I actually am satisfied with the fact that they couldn't save Amira- it gave more weight to conclusion and the scene she shared with Favaro at the end was really bittersweet. (Though I'm also preferring if there was no hint of romance). Music was so good and set the mood perfectly.

I'm hoping there is second season!
Kora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 16:44   Link #620
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's about as typical of a finale as you can get but still effective nonetheless. The reunion between Amira and Favaro, though convenient, was highly emotional. The animation was wonderful and Hiroyuki Yoshino's voice acting in particular was phenomenal. I think the scene could've done without the kiss (I would've preferred a hug) but it was still good. I was a bit iffy on the need for Kaisar to have his hand chopped off but I could overlook it.

Man what a ride. That was just a really nice adventure all round. I just think it's a damn shame that the show wasn't longer. I think it could've been a genuine classic if it were two cours instead of one. A fair few plot points were rushed and a lot of characters underdeveloped because of the one cour restriction. Oh well.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy