AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2006-01-20, 10:19   Link #81
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I like spending my time here. Anime Suki forum is more enjoyable than some of the other forum. Unless you're in the forums at 1am. hehehehe

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 13:07   Link #82
Xess
Go Suzuka!

Sure has been a while. The forums have changed quite a bit I feel over the past few years. Used to be far more active but was filled with a lot of off-topic stuff and trolling.
Xess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 14:36   Link #83
BellaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xess
Used to be far more active but was filled with a lot of off-topic stuff and trolling.
Ahh I miss those days ....I mean why are you people so cruel to troll's ? you should be ashamed of yourselves...shame on you!! Troll's only want acceptance, where is your understanding ? where !?!?!?! *cries*.......

Only three years ?? o_O....OMG that means...ahh nothing....well, congrats suki, I have mucho love for you .
Who is the friend of all.
--
BellaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 18:58   Link #84
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
LOL I can't believe I'm still around to laugh at your posts, nice one Boney and Happy Birthday Animesuki and its Phoenix Forums!
*looks at Tsurumaru's avatar and shudders* Test... tubes...

Didn't I make that one for you?

I wonder how many other posters from before the Great Crash of 2003 are still hanging around? And how many people can still remember the horrors of the Burning Board?

(For the people that came here after 2003, the recent hacking of AnimeSuki resulting in the loss of a year of data is the second time it's happened in AnimeSuki history. In November 2003, all data after July 29 had been completely lost.)

Last edited by boneyjellyfish; 2006-01-20 at 19:44.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 00:10   Link #85
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

I disappear for a few months and AS turns another year! Happy Belated B-day.

Yes, I was "killed" with the crash of 2003 but was brought back to life a few days later.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 16:27   Link #86
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
*looks at Tsurumaru's avatar and shudders* Test... tubes...

Didn't I make that one for you?

I wonder how many other posters from before the Great Crash of 2003 are still hanging around? And how many people can still remember the horrors of the Burning Board?

(For the people that came here after 2003, the recent hacking of AnimeSuki resulting in the loss of a year of data is the second time it's happened in AnimeSuki history. In November 2003, all data after July 29 had been completely lost.)
So that already happened once?
I joined only in April 2004, so I did not witness it...

Anyway, Happy 3rd Birthday AnimeSuki!
Hopefully there won't be any more hacks in the future...
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 02:53   Link #87
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Congratulations to Animesuki! Happy 3rd birthday!
Old 2006-01-22, 18:00   Link #88
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Omedetto Suki-san!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Well I can tell you there isnt many still posting regularly. A fiew mods and many has completly disappeared. I think its good to hang around the same place and get to know the people around. Whats the point in having many forums to go at when you cant realy familiarize with anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaD
Ahh I miss those days ....I mean why are you people so cruel to troll's ? you should be ashamed of yourselves...shame on you!! Troll's only want acceptance, where is your understanding ? where !?!?!?! *cries*.......
To continue on, pushed by BallaD's statment now, I think this forum as gone the way it was expected to be. Totaly controled and secure. The actual opposite of its server. ^^ Anyway, of course its not as fun as it used to be but I guess you could say its more serious that way. The way it was ment to be I guess or else why would it be that way.. for example there are things that could be changed for the very fun of the sukier and not armfull at all for the forum. Like the rule that forbids the user from posting images in thread that are considered serious. What a stupid rule that is IMO I mean, as long as the topic is respected why not. It just break the fun just to make sure the line isnt crossed in a distant future.. But, quite an example of moderation with great ordinance and statute. For the glory of the empire. ^^ I might lament but I'm still on the ship.
Old 2006-01-24, 16:34   Link #89
Xess
Go Suzuka!

Hmm, actually I agree with BellaD on this. I don't have anything against forum trolls, on the contrary I actually kinda like them as they make stuff on the forums fun to read. Flame wars though I dislike. The posts seem to move so slowly nowadays, surely a decline in the number of users participating on the forums. The moderation was definitely a bit too strict in my opinion, but it's not my forum, so I leave it to the admins to decide such things.

As for the great crash of 2003 or whatever, I honestly don't remember it too much since it was so long ago. Was it because of hardware failure or something? But about a month's so worth of posts were lost and the forums were rolled back. I was one of those who survived the crash since I joined before the roll-back date. Those who enrolled after the roll-back date had to re-register. Then the boards were upgraded, changed, etc. Was quite a bit of a mess.
Xess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 16:40   Link #90
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Hmm... so it has been two years already? And to think I spent more than a whole year at Suki...

'sup guys \o/ Vicious the mighty is here! HOHOHO
You may remember me from the ol' Naruto forum, I used to post there a lot hehehe Trying to find explanations for jutsus alongside with Hunter, Dranz, raikage... I saw "The What a Character Would Never Say" thread being born, and surely laughed my ass off with Sai, Slade, monir, pathy, and MoonTheCat. Good ol' times, they were. Good ol' times that won't come back...
Like ol' monir said (I miss you! You never enters MSN, try to enter more often XD), before Suki I used to watch Dragon Ball Z, Rurouni Kenshin, Saint Seiya, those old series (but good, nonetheless), in the television. Then I became to know the wonderful Animesuki land. I remember it was January 2003 when I registered, and I remember the first series I downloaded were Naruto, Samurai Deeper Kyo and Naruto. Before Suki I plainly knew nothing about anime. Then I became to know Suki, and I grew up here. Grew up a lot, anime-wise of course Paranoia Agent, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gankutsuou, Otogizoushi, Hunter x Hunter, Get Backers, BECK, Yakitate!! Japan... the number of series I used to, and still download at Suki keeps growing year after year. Some of them were, sadly, licensed. Of course I still manage to watch them (DON'T ASK WHERE TO DOWNLOAD LICENSED STUFF), but I'll never get rid of my good ol' and beloved Suki Not only me, but millions and millions of people. OK, at least thousands and thousands Keep up the good work guys, and yes, you're all worth my most sincere thanks.
I'm here just to say happy birthday you all! Thanks for this wonderful time all you people gave me at Suki. I'll return someday, the fact is that I don't have the time anymore... surely, I miss you all, and Suki itself, a lot.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANIMESUKI!
Thanks GHDPro, thanks xris, thanks NoSanninWa, thanks Mb81, thanks NightWish, thanks ElvenPath, thanks Dranz, thanks Hunter, thanks DF, thanks pathy, thanks monir, thanks MoonTheCat, thanks Sai, thanks Slade, thanks GreyArea, thanks Alexander, thanks Zoro/Mr. Bushido, thanks NineDevil (stupid student! lol), thanks dythim, thanks Lord Raiden, thanks stpehen, thanks to all those people who made Suki so special when I used to post here. And sorry if I forgot someone

Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANIMESUKI! I wish you all luck, and I wish this network keeps growing and living for years and years.
And someday Vicious will return! Well, someday...

Farewell! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Sincerely, from Vicious, one who miss Suki a lot.
Shit! XD

Blast from the past!!!

Feels nice to have recovered my account
Moon The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 21:33   Link #91
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Haha a relatively newbie here, but here to drop by a Happy B-day AS!!! xD
Old 2007-10-28, 21:49   Link #92
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Has it really been that long? First time I registered here with a different name and I think it was erased due to some problems. Then I re-registered again with my current username and here I am Man, I can't believe I'll be in this forum for almost 2 yrs. now.

--> Happy Birthday Animesuki!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 22:38   Link #93
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I guess the same could be said for me. Time flies.

Happy birthday.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 01:05   Link #94
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

This is not AnimeSuki's birthday. It's just an old thread being necroed. AnimeSuki's 4th B-day was on December 26th. We're currently 4 years and 10 months old. In another two months we'll be 5 years old.

I'll lock the thread to prevent us being wished another Happy Birthday. It's nice of you, but a bit embarassing. Perhaps someone will remember to unlock this thread at the end of December when our B-Day actually happens.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 13:32   Link #95
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Hipppeeeee~` I'm the first one to say Happy B-day AnimeSuki. It's now 5 years old.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 14:18   Link #96
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Happy Birthday Anime suki
Wow Five Years....... Most Forum They Don't Last More Then Three Or Two Years....
Thank You For This Good Forum......I Love You Anime suki
Old 2007-12-25, 14:22   Link #97
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Happy Bday : D

Know I am a day early but I wanted to post this since morning I even posted in the another thread regarding this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Spoiler for ......:

AnimeSuki
Old 2007-12-25, 14:33   Link #98
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Happy B-day AnimeSuki
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 15:00   Link #99
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

otanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu, Animesuki

Please have this cake. This one is not a lie, trust me^^
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 15:01   Link #100
Shana

Happy Birthday AnimeSuki! I hope AnimeSuki lasts a few years more!

Tags
animesuki