AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-14, 21:07   Link #41
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Really, so a True Brit is willing to stain his own hands by conspiring to kill his own allies (The Japan Liberation Front) or manipulate his own siblings (making Euphie kill the Japanese) in order to further his own selfish goals? I haven't seen any indication that Leloch actually cares about being a power of the weak, he just used those goals to justify to the public his true intentions (getting revenge against his father and making a future for Nunnally).

I'd like to think that Britannia is based on Britain more than we'd think. After all, it was Britain who went around conquering and annexing countries all over the world in the 1700s to early 1900s.
It is American declaring the 'War on Terror' and causing poverty in the Middle East (as if some of the people there aren't war-torn enough).
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 22:07   Link #42
Tolle Erik Koenig
LOL!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
Britannia lost British Isles.......

.......... Hahahhahahahahah!!!!!
Well, given Schneziel, he might have signed a treaty/ceasefire with France AND got back the British Isles while at it.
Tolle Erik Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 03:09   Link #43
Sports72Xtrm

Do you think the magna carta is still in effect in the code geass world?
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 03:16   Link #44
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Do you think the magna carta is still in effect in the code geass world?
It's doubtful such a thing was even drafted. Code Geass History was altered since before Christ.
Old 2008-08-14, 03:43   Link #45
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
It's doubtful such a thing was even drafted. Code Geass History was altered since before Christ.
o_O how much history is different from ours?
Old 2008-08-14, 03:47   Link #46
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
o_O how much history is different from ours?
Ever since 55 BC, give or take a couple years. It's also only about 1970 or so in Code Geass, since that same year is the epoch for the imperial calender.
Old 2008-08-14, 03:53   Link #47
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Ever since 55 BC, give or take a couple years. It's also only about 1970 or so in Code Geass, since that same year is the epoch for the imperial calender.
So it really isn't like ours at all then huh? I'm surprised theres cities like Dallas and San Francisco still.
Old 2008-08-14, 04:36   Link #48
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
So it really isn't like ours at all then huh? I'm surprised theres cities like Dallas and San Francisco still.
Temporal inevitability.

Most alternate-timeline universes are intentionally written with the concept that time itself has a fixed course, and that alterations made which could change everything would be forced to bend back into the "original" time line.

An alternate universe that is too far different from our own world would look too much like an alien planet, as such defeats the purpose of an alternate timeline.
Old 2008-08-14, 10:38   Link #49
Cal-Reflector

Might as well drop this out there, even though it might be pointless in a mecha show:

Do navies and air forces exist in this world?
Old 2008-08-14, 10:39   Link #50
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Might as well drop this out there, even though it might be pointless in a mecha show:

Do navies and air forces exist in this world?
There IS a navy. Seen in Episode 7 actually. Airforce... well, that is pretty much the KMF's now.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 10:41   Link #51
Dream_Traveller
Banned

The Chinese Federation also has an air force, seen when numerous ships and helicopters were around in Turn 11. I guess flying carriers are the order of the day in air forces now, though.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 12:43   Link #52
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
The Chinese Federation also has an air force, seen when numerous ships and helicopters were around in Turn 11. I guess flying carriers are the order of the day in air forces now, though.
Flying carriers eh? Considering everything else in the bizarre world/military/technological/cultural setting of Code Geass, that's actually not that outlandish.

I wondered what happened to those fighter jets Britannia employed during the invasion of Japan (they appeared briefly in still images on the prologue). I figure an airborne KMF, with its strap on jet pack and anti-aerodynamic silhouette can do about 500 mph tops; a futuristic jet fighter should easily reach Mach 2-3.

Code Geass is interesting in that I don't think it tries to be a Gundam (Original Universe), Macross, or even Evangelion in constructing an immersible alternate world, particularly in the military technology field. Granted, the two previous titles were from a different era where the primary draw was mecha and war buffs, and in Evangelion the appeal of the Finer Sex started to come into play.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the economics of the Britannian Empire? I find this a much more interesting topic. I think that if we assume that expansion was not always at the forefront of the Empire's agenda, a significant part of their efforts must've been devoted to developing the economies and standards of living of their territories, so that:

1)People will not rebel as much
2)More revenue for the state
3)So that they can fund more wars for the future
Old 2008-08-14, 13:07   Link #53
Dream_Traveller
Banned

You know- the innumerable Logres and Caerleon classes, the Chinese Leung Dans (okay, they float ), the Ikaruga...many of 'em.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 22:49   Link #54
Knight_of_Zero
Knight of Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Flying carriers eh? Considering everything else in the bizarre world/military/technological/cultural setting of Code Geass, that's actually not that outlandish.

I wondered what happened to those fighter jets Britannia employed during the invasion of Japan (they appeared briefly in still images on the prologue). I figure an airborne KMF, with its strap on jet pack and anti-aerodynamic silhouette can do about 500 mph tops; a futuristic jet fighter should easily reach Mach 2-3.

Code Geass is interesting in that I don't think it tries to be a Gundam (Original Universe), Macross, or even Evangelion in constructing an immersible alternate world, particularly in the military technology field. Granted, the two previous titles were from a different era where the primary draw was mecha and war buffs, and in Evangelion the appeal of the Finer Sex started to come into play.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the economics of the Britannian Empire? I find this a much more interesting topic. I think that if we assume that expansion was not always at the forefront of the Empire's agenda, a significant part of their efforts must've been devoted to developing the economies and standards of living of their territories, so that:

1)People will not rebel as much
2)More revenue for the state
3)So that they can fund more wars for the future
Well, they use a ranking system for their colonial Areas, i.e, after Area 11 rebelled, they were dropped one level and therefore treated quite badly. So it basically means that the better you behave, the better you are treated.
Knight_of_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 12:10   Link #55
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
when britania took japan was in 2010.........now it is 2008 so like 2 more years we all have giants robots?:P
Megacrash Gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 12:14   Link #56
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacrash Gr View Post
when britania took japan was in 2010.........now it is 2008 so like 2 more years we all have giants robots?:P
Actually, Code Geass is set about 55 years earlier. The "zero year" on the imperial calender is around 55 BC.
Old 2008-08-23, 12:15   Link #57
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

what oh man
Old 2008-08-23, 12:16   Link #58
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacrash Gr View Post
They would've actually already been here, following that train of thought. We're talking 2010 ATB (Ascension Throne Britannia), and year zero would be 55 BC, meaning that you'd have to subtract 55 years from the "Geass-year" to reach the equivalent year in our calendar. 2010 ATB = 1955.

Edit: I was way too slow it seems. ^^
Old 2008-08-23, 12:16   Link #59
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

55 years earlier? and i though im older than kallen
Old 2008-08-23, 12:19   Link #60
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

so the geass years is really 55 years eariler huh?......hmm