AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-01, 14:12   Link #81
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Hearing seiyuu after seiyuu as I watched the episode make want to cry. (Not used to rage, so..)
- Doji-meido. facepalm.
- 19 years old 2nd grader. Head at desk.
- Stripper. Wristwristwrist.
- Good going bro, stay like that and molest everyone. Molester in motion.
- And to think that this isn't even the 1st episode yet *cries*, I'm afraid to imagine what it'd look like in the 12th episode. (Animation-quality wise)
- The hell is wrong with the principal's voice? (Okay, I like it)

But then again, it's been a while since I heard Nakahara Mai, so I'm ecstatic.
And it's quite fun watching Flameheart-san so far.
Going calm-loud-chaotic-yanderesmile-berserk-almostcrying-andsoonandsoon (Especially when she goes yandere )

Okay, I think I can withstand this.

velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 14:19   Link #82
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
To be honest, I think the "accidental fanservice" part was essentially dragged out and felt a bit forced to me. Still the show did get better near the end of the episode. Some of the characters might of interest, so I may give it another episode or two in order to see what the true flow is like.
Old 2010-01-01, 14:26   Link #83
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
To be honest, I think the "accidental fanservice" part was essentially dragged out and felt a bit forced to me. Still the show did get better near the end of the episode. Some of the characters might of interest, so I may give it another episode or two in order to see what the true flow is like.
Agreed. I didn't like some of the fanservice, with the random pantsu at the desks, the loli molestation, and the "Oh, I have a spill on my clothes in this gigantic room. Time to take off clothes." However, I did like the mouth-on-pantsu action and the stuff that happened to Flameheart was funny. And how the disciplinarian got angry at the principal for playing the eroge.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 15:35   Link #84
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

in terms of fanservice, i like kanokon more, since in kanokon, most of the fanservice is borderline hentai, and they are mostly initiate by the main females and they got creative

the fanservice here is way more generic and very stereotypic, but im guessing this one has more story
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 15:51   Link #85
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

It wasn't a bad first episode, honestly. Sure, it does have Kanokon written all over it, being it the same character design, or the strong fanservice, or Kawasumi Ayako, or the overload of cute girls, or the main character being toyed with by everyone. Now all that's left to match Kanokon is an non existent plot. On the positive side, at least the main character is a male voiced by a male instead of an hybrid.

Finally Nakahara Mai, who's been quite absent from the dubbing since Clannad After Story. She's been a personal favourite of mine since her early role in Midori no Hibi six years ago, and I kind of miss her if I can't get to hear her voice for more than a season. Unfortunately we get her hurricane ojousama type instead of her moe type, but much better than nothing.

I have to rely on comparisons and memories because there isn't really much to comment about episode 1. The scene in which Akiharu kept bouncing from a girl to another was hilarious (at least in the first minutes before it became stalling), although I didn't really get why some of the girls fainted just when he was approaching them. Perhaps it's something to be unveiled later. Other than that, purely introductive with several girls just shown since they'll obviously appear in the future. Will watch episode 2, no doubts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
"Oh, I have a spill on my clothes in this gigantic room. Time to take off clothes."
I agree on the other points, but to me (and anyone watching Railgun I guess) this particular scene sounded like a big deja-vu. The nugu-onna legend continues, and extends! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
the fanservice here is way more generic and very stereotypic, but im guessing this one has more story
I have no clues about what this is about but before making comparisons I'd wait at least a few other episodes. The director, Ootsuki Atsushi, is the same of Kanokon so I don't see why this can't become like that.
Old 2010-01-01, 16:01   Link #86
ZODDGUTS

Well at least the characters here look to be likeable unlike in Kanokon especially the main couple which just irritated me to no end.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 17:19   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
It wasn't a bad first episode, honestly. Sure, it does have Kanokon written all over it, being it the same character design, or the strong fanservice, or Kawasumi Ayako, or the overload of cute girls, or the main character being toyed with by everyone. Now all that's left to match Kanokon is an non existent plot. On the positive side, at least the main character is a male voiced by a male instead of an hybrid.
That's a pretty good positive. I think a lot can change when you have a lead that looks and sounds like a guy .

Quote:
I agree on the other points, but to me (and anyone watching Railgun I guess) this particular scene sounded like a big deja-vu. The nugu-onna legend continues, and extends! XD
Oddly I was feeling the familiarity there . After Railgun that kind of thing really didn't surprise me. The mythical figure has spread from the Railgun universe outward. Who knows where it will stop now.
Old 2010-01-01, 19:00   Link #88
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Ladies versus Butlers! Let the fun ijime begin

Why I picked up L v.s. B in the first place?

This title is one among the most anticipated shows for the New Year's season, in fact, I watched the pre-release Episode 1 half-hour later after the start of the New Year.

Going by the title, I was expecting it to be a literal, doused with tons of fanservice, slapstick-comedy about maids and butlers going against each other.

It isn't, though it offers to the audience (at least, watching the first episode I perceived it that way) a new approach to the slapstick comicity of harem comedies.

Basically, they're fighting the rule that if the male protagonist by bad luck and/or coincidence ends himself up in an embarrassing situation where he gropes by accident a female's character breasts; looks up at her panties beneath her skirts; or anything related that provides some fresh and ecchi fanservice material, then the boy gets literally blasted or hammered down with a fist sandwich or pummeled into a bloody pulp by the female characters with absolutely NO room to explain himself.

The writers let Akiharu to actually attempt to reason with Cernia about all the misunderstandings he endured it, but how could it be a good slapstick-comedy of its genre if the male protagonist is allowed and gets scot-free by explaining himself properly.

Now, it wasn't so bad because Akiharu only ended up getting on a wild-goose chase run by Cernia and company, and at least he escaped any potential beatings from Cernia and the rest of the Upper-Ed students.

The bad news is that the girl who happens to show him around his new school turned out to be the scary girl from his old elementary school, whom she mercilessly bullied him to no end.

Now, this brings a new and fresh approach to the genre:
I'm not sure if osananajimi is the correct term to apply in the relationship between Akiharu and Tomomi, because she was a bully to him back in childhood, and Tomomi's malicious smile at the end of the episode is a clear indicator that she's more than willing to let her ijime run rampant now that her favorite monkey-doll, Akiharu, is back to her to being object of her abuses.

Then, Cernia who complained about the boring lifestyle she's leading right now at school. In terms of actual plot elements in the story, she's the very first girl Akiharu meets up when he transfers to the elite school.
Rules regarding boys and girls relationship in romance comedy anime dictates, that boy eventually warms up to and falls in love with the first girl he meets at the very start of the story. Special exceptions occur if said male protagonist had previously an osananajimi girl during his childhood and happens to reunite with her in the present timeline of the story.

But, my friends the gist is that Tomomi's a cute, evil, devil from Akiharu's past, even if the term osananajimi could apply to her.

And, in addition, we have that Tomomi also delights at every opportunity to ridicule, mock, or humiliate Cernia in whatever discussion or wacky situation arises.

Spoiler:

Happy New Year!
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 21:23   Link #89
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hmmm just watch ep 1 .

Ow , it was rather bad for a start until when the guy remembered her childhood enemy(not friend ) here it was hilarious .
Omg the loli 19 years old .
Oh god , it was forced , overabused the accidents molestations ...
Rofl Principal who played Dating guy Games .
14:55 they are so moe specillay the blond one .

Ok , here we have Kanokon's design and fanservice .
Well , maybe it can be the best fanservice in this season .

The butler is a girl i think in the end .

I thought the main lead will be more aggressive . I heard that he was a delinquent and look like a mafioso , well now that he met Saikyo , it won't be the same lulz
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 00:08   Link #90
chinaboat

I was hoping for an ecchi version of Hayate no Gotoku but based on this episode it's not going to be as witty, ah well, it still seemed pretty funny. Plus, the VA's are excellent especially Rie Kugimiya no one mumbles cuter than her and her timing is usually impeccable.
chinaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 04:26   Link #91
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
well its was a decent episode... i'll watch it halfway and decide if I'll continue or not XD
Old 2010-01-02, 09:14   Link #92
Bombo
TSF Fans

Not bad from first episode but i'm looking forward what will happen between childhood
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 18:47   Link #93
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Interesting episode I guess. What's up with that girls hair? It really is like a drill.
Old 2010-01-02, 21:46   Link #94
mechdra

Well, not a bad first episode. Like the voice acting of all the seiyu so far especially Nakahara Mai. I am looking forward to this series but I hope the quality of animation improve. I do not hope this turns out to be another Kanakon.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 03:21   Link #95
Yuutsu

Eh, I went into this show fulling understanding that it wasn't going impress in terms of plot, character, art design, or anything like that. That is to say, I began with little in the way of expectations and hoped that it would prove to be an interesting diversion. I came out of the first episode pleasantly surprised.

Obviously Ladies vs. Butlers is clichéd, what with the story and milieu having already been exhausted thoroughly with countless other butler/maid/rich/poor/whatever anime. Everything about the show can be summed up with 3 words: mediocre and trite. However, when I watched with the perspective that it wasn't supposed to be something deep or revolutionary, I found that I enjoyed this episode quite a bit more than I had originally thought was possible.

Granted, I was definitely face-palming during the beginning when I saw some stereotypical tropes of shallow, fan-service anime continue to be perpetuated such as the stubborn tsundere (tsunderes are cute, but dumb ones are not) and unrealistically proportioned, moeblob women. Furthermore, absolutely nothing interesting was happening in the first ten minutes or so (just boring dialogue [no, I have absolutely nothing against dialogue, I enjoyed Bakemonogatari after all : P]).

When the main character was first introduced, though, I brightened up immediately because he *gasp* actually gave a witty retort to the drill-head and proved that he wasn't some emasculated and half-baked milquetoast. I'm frankly sick of spineless, male protagonists and absolutely refuse to watch any anime or read any manga featuring them (there's always exceptions, though). The scenes, thereafter, I found to be quite enjoyable despite the innumerable amount of times that I've seen them in other anime. Again, it probably was because I enjoyed it for what it was: mindless entertainment.

In summary, I guess I can count myself interested in this series and will see how it unravels. It'll be a good series to track and vegetate to whilst waiting for the 'main' anime such as Katanagatari or Nodame.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 04:08   Link #96
HandofFate

wth is this...

Spoiler for first episode impressions:
Old 2010-01-04, 07:16   Link #97
GarethXL

i actually like this show, was actually planing to skip this due to the bad adaptation of the comic version, but the directing of the animated adaptation seems to be good, give it another more few more ep before i decide to drop it or not.

and kanokon was borderline hentai since ep1 this show isn't.
Old 2010-01-04, 10:14   Link #98
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Not a bad first episode nothing stellar about it but the humor kept me entertained enough to keep with it for a bit. Cute innocent looking girl with the a smile of Lucifer man the male lead is going to be tortured to the highest degree i foresee.
Old 2010-01-05, 12:32   Link #99
Midonin
Last Engage

Here we go, this is what was keeping me from jumping into this thread so quickly.

"LOVE x HEAVEN" by Mai Nakahara, Ayako Kawasumi, Rie Kugimiya and Ami Koshimizu

"my starry boy" by Mai Nakahara

Last edited by Midonin; 2010-01-05 at 21:27.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 13:39   Link #100
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm, the more I see the characters not having noses (at least when viewed from front), the more I find its cute. I dunno, I thought the same thing when I played Final Fantasy Tactics; it's really starting to grow on me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I'm not sure if osananajimi is the correct term to apply in the relationship between Akiharu and Tomomi, because she was a bully to him back in childhood, and Tomomi's malicious smile at the end of the episode is a clear indicator that she's more than willing to let her ijime run rampant now that her favorite monkey-doll, Akiharu, is back to her to being object of her abuses.
I dunno, but Aoba of Cross Game was downright malicious towards Kou ever since they were kids, and she acknowledged in the source proper that he was her osananajimi. :shrug:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen