AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-13, 17:56   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Kochikame

Or to give it the full name, Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo ("This is the police box in front of Kameari Park in Katsushika").

Deph have just released ep 313 of this long running anime (it would have to be long running if they are up to ep 313!), for a synopses of the anime and manga, take a look here
http://www.freetype.net/features/anime/kochikame/

Seems to be worth a look, shall have to download it
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 18:27   Link #2
Budweineken
Crap

ah... i would have wanted to see from the first episode
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 19:20   Link #3
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Deph have just released ep 313 of this long running anime (it would have to be long running if they are up to ep 313!)
To stop some of the confusion which some people will have:
1) As Fuji TV/Newtype, etc list it, the series is only on ep 300 (Final episode will be around 305)
2) As one of the fansites lists it, the series is currently on ep 363 (final episode around 367).
3) To make this even more fun... there are about 3 other different episode counts out there...

Episode 313 (based on 2) = Episode 255 (based on 1) = Episode 258 (based on one of the #3's)... etc....

Note: The final ep # is based on reading the Jp.wikipedia entry for the series which says something like "The final special will be broadcast on 12/19/04."
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 00:10   Link #4
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Expect to see this series released from Episode 1 soon.

Quite a few people have shown interest in it and we're eager to bring the fans the series from the beginning.
Xinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 20:55   Link #5
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I downloaded it and I liked it.

Though I am wondering something:

Episode 313?!?!

How come an old-timer otaku like myself hasn't even heard of this anime before? It looks pretty fun! That closing theme was rockin'... Nandedarooooooooou?!?!?!? I want to find out about those other nutball characters!

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 13:26   Link #6
Super Ska Master

Kochikame

Since this is the longest running manga series around, I don't see why the series isn't fansubbed. There is a random episode on Animesuki, but where are the rest? I also don't see why this is dubbed in Spanish and not in America hahaha.
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 08:23   Link #7
Darmani

Location: Michigan ... Rochester Hills by some gas station and my job
Send a message via Yahoo to Darmani
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious View Post
I downloaded it and I liked it.

Though I am wondering something:

Episode 313?!?!

How come an old-timer otaku like myself hasn't even heard of this anime before? It looks pretty fun! That closing theme was rockin'... Nandedarooooooooou?!?!?!? I want to find out about those other nutball characters!

-k

curious
Well I am certain I saw a movie of this series/character at a convention once. Just once, I hotlinked off a Nube article by the way at long last finding the series' title and other stuff. No offense but the old school fans just weren't into series like this. In addition to being non-science fiction.

The series is VERY into Japanese culture, humorous, a little offensive and just isn't that 'hot.' It also isn't much of a closed narrative, one of the major appeals *here* with regards to anime. Almost every such series like that isn't as popular in the US. It's origins are in the 70s and its basically not one of the things we associated with anime.

I mean Lupin III isn't as popular here as well as Golgo 13. Not to mention it seems to occupy that weird level of marketing. It like a kids show but has distinct elements within it that would make it unsuitable to show to kids (the transexual/transvestite characters and the main character's schemes.) akin to Detective Conan, Doraemon, and a few others. I am surprised, sort of, that the manga has *not* been licensed but there hasn't been as much fan demand for *older* series. I mean think of the most popular, hottest series out there. Chances are they are just pulling a profit on it. I suspect, especially given the episodic format of the series with it taking place in a constant now relevant to the times it was published, some stuff just wouldn't be funny, relevant, or make sense.

That said I've been looking for this one for near ten years and it seems to be loved by *MANY* people, seeing the 2006 accolades it received. So maybe, just maybe its going to get further recognition especially now that there seems to be a retro-retread movement in the US anime fanbase helped along by trying classic and older series.
Darmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 21:01   Link #8
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It can simply be summarized in one word: NANDEDAROUUUU~
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 17:22   Link #9
strategos

hmmm, just got to see Gintama episode 74. They talk about this manga/anime. Seems interesting. No group has sub it ?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 11:38   Link #10
warped

Kochikame, anyone?

Does anybody know anything about the availability of Kochikame anime series online? I've only managed to find the first feature-length Kochikame movie in fansubbed version. The second can only be downloaded raw. As for the series, the only version I've managed to find was the Spanish dubbed one. Fortunately for me, I do speak Spanish, and I've enjoyed watching the episodes I'd managed to find, but hey, I'd still rather have the series in a fansubbed version with the original audio. I think I've looked on every major anime site/P2P network, but the above were all I could find. This is weird - isn't it supposed to be one of the longest-running anime series with millions of fans worldwide? There's a lot of stuff that's a great deal more obscure out there, readily available and all - why would Kochikame be different? Incidentally, I haven't found so much as a single DVD on eBay - all they have Kochikame-wise are trading cards, manga and action figures. I can't believe I'm the only one here to find the unibrow copper hilarious - he's right up there with Luffy from One Piece in terms of good cheer and sheer unadulterated bloody-mindedness, isn't he then?

UPD - sorry, I somehow managed to miss this thread, so my entire post is a rather pointless "me-too" utterance and should probably be disregarded

Last edited by warped; 2009-09-23 at 11:55. Reason: the post has been transferred to a more relevant forum
warped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 21:14   Link #11
SoupGoblin

Just one more voice wishing this series was available online, ANYWHERE. I've searched for countless hours with no luck. I've found it dubbed in Spanish, but only up to episode 170 or so and there's a whole other half of the series past that . . .
SoupGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-03, 02:11   Link #12
n0m@n
C-Z

Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo
1976 ~ 2016